Ride Or Die | Book #1 ✓

By AshleyT7

"Get away from me Gunner." I started to walk away, dismissing Pierce and anything that came out of his smug l... More

Summary, Description, Cast
Cast 2: The Gunner's
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - Graduation
REBELLIOUS RIDE - BOOK #2 POSTED

Chapter 7

9.6K 252 124
By AshleyT7

"Please explain to me why you've recruited me to a gang?" I asked once again, very confused as to why my brother would want his 17 year old sister and why I have no say in it. 

"Aspen, please." Aster sighed out of frustration, rubbing his face in hands. Evangeline went over to him, placing her hand on his back and gave him a peck on the cheek. I was in complete shock, that Aster would let this happen. That he seriously wasn't even going to fight it. 

"Wow." I clenched my jaw, looking off to the second before looking back at him "I cannot believe you. Some big brother you are. You know after how many years of you being gone, I figured you'd actually man up. First off not even telling me the truth about everything. I'm so done with this shit."

With that I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, making sure it slammed behind me. Move to New York they said, it'll be fun they said. Seventeen year olds should be worrying about what they're wearing for prom or where they're going to college not about their own brother pushing them off into a gang for so-called protection. I wanted more than anything to just go back home to Washington, see my friends and my dad..

I headed down the sidewalk towards the bus stop. It was only 6:30, and I still had about ten minutes till the bus even arrived. It was freezing to say the least, and all I had on was a jean jacket over top my shirt. Throwing my head back, I looked up to the sky that was bright blue and clouds that blocked the sun's warmth. Taking a deep breath, I had no idea what was even going to happen today at school or even to me. I took in the quietness and watched the very few remaining leaves fall from their branches. 

My peace was quickly disrupted by a roaring of a car engine. My head whipped to the right only to see an all black challenger coming down the road. 

Great..Here we go..

The challenger soon came to a stop right in front of me, before the all black tinted windows rolled down only to reveal the one and only famous asshole of the universe. Started my day off fighting with Aster, and now this.

"Get in." Pierce demanded, narrowing his eyes to me. I rolled my eyes in response, shifting my backpack onto my shoulder before crossing my arms over my chest "And why would I do that?"

"I said get in." He demanded again, his tone cold and harsh. He was in no mood to deal with anyone telling him no, but lucky for him he picked the wrong girl for that. 

"Just leave me alone Gunner." I flashed him an obvious fake smile. He lit a cigarette before flicking off some of the ash outside of the window and placing it between his lips. Rolling my eyes, I let out murmured laugh. 

"What?" He gave me an intrigued look "Don't smoke?" 

I pressed my lips in a thin line between shaking my head no, and giving him a smug smile. I could never understand how people could smoke, or even give money to those company's when how many people have died and lost their lives. I couldn't get over the smell of them anyways. 

"No Gunner." I stood up tall "I don't smoke." 

"Oh so a last name basis we're on I see." He gave a not so warming laugh before his face became stern and cold, his eyes narrowing to mine "Now get in the fucking car before I make you." 

"Keep dreaming." I snapped, giving him a clear shot of my middle finger before I started to turn around and walk down the street in order to get away from no matter if I missed the bus. As I was walking down the street I came to a halt in my steps.

BANG! 

Jumping slightly, I stopped before turning around to see Pierce with a pissed off expression and a gun in his hand that he had just shot out the window. His eyes bored into mine and I felt my heart pick up in my chest, and like I couldn't possibly get my legs to work.

Run, I told myself but couldn't get the courage to even move my feet. I knew if I ran Pierce would just come after me and with how out of shape I am, he was definitely winning that battle. Swallowing a lump in my throat, my hands were uncontrollably shaking at my sides. I slowly started to walk towards the car, bracing myself for whatever was to happen next. Pierce's eyes followed me as I walked slowly, making sure I wasn't going to off and run. 

I grabbed the handle of challenger before slowly getting in and trying to avoid all eye contact with Pierce. He murmured a sigh "Don't be so fucking difficult." before he reached over to the glove compartment and throwing the gun into, slamming it shut immediately after.  

Pierce changed the gears from park to drive, and as he started to drive off I saw my bus coming down the street. My internal subconscious was screaming in defeat, questioning why no one would come outside to the sound of a gun shot but then I realized it was no use around here. Everyone stuck to their own business and didn't want the trouble, it was a lot different from Seattle. 

Pierce put the fear of God in me. He was the epitome of your "Bad Boy" but usually in those stories the girl ends up changing him for the better, and they live happily ever after and I've got a feeling this won't be the case.

"Give me your phone." Pierce demanded, while speeding down the street going way above the speed limit. "What?" I asked confused as I clung to my seat belt for dear life. 

"Give. Me. Your. Damn. Phone." He said again, obviously frustration in his voice. Not wanting to fight him knowing he had a gun and has not had limitations in the past when it's came to hurting me I knew I would be dead if I didn't. Giving in I handed him my phone, which he snatched from my hand. 

His eyes went from the road to my phone and back. "Cute." He snickered, rolling his eyes when opening my phone "Shocked you actually had friends at your old school." He was talking about my wallpaper which was just a group photos off my old classmates, it was something I hung onto. I missed Seattle more than anything and wanted nothing more to have my old life back.

I stayed silent at his comment, and glanced out of the side of my eye as he started to type something into my phone before tossing it back to me. "I put my phone number in, in case you get your dumbass in trouble, but I'd rather you not contact me at all." His said, his voice cold as usual. 

"What?" I blinked a few times, furrowing my eyebrows together "Why? I mean- I mean why would I text you if I was in trouble? And what trouble? Last time I checked you were my trouble. You're not my bodyguard so why are you doing all of this?"

I was in utter confusion in as to what was happening. Pierce pressed harder on the gas and my head flew back, bumping into the seat as the engine roared. We were at school, and a relief came over me that I was able to get out of this car where I felt like I was losing oxygen by the minute. Pierce sped through crowds, apparently not knowing the law of pedestrians have the right of way. 

He pulled up to a spot and parked. He turned his head towards mine and gritted "Look Ambrosia, I'm going to say this once so you better fucking listen. I do not want to babysit you, I have my own shit to do but I also got my ass just beat by Xander for almost killing you the other day-and I swear to god I'll fucking do it again. I have demands from Xander and there's a lot that you don't know. So keep your mouth shut, and stay out of trouble. Most importantly, don't piss me off. We're not going to fucking talk, but be difficult like you were this morning and next time the bullet will go through your head."

He flashed me a smug smile, and my eyes were wide from fear. "Now get out of my car. I'll pick you up the same time tomorrow."

I didn't say anything, and just grabbed my backpack and got out of the car. I slammed the door behind me, shifting the backpack onto my shoulder. Everyone from the gang that attended Northeast was here, all standing outside their cars. Juniper and Triston both gave me friendly smiles and waved. Cypress, Mercury, Mars, and Tucker's eyes all bored into me, I felt like I couldn't breathe without being watched. Pierce slammed his driver side door before walking over to join them. 

"Oh how sweet." Mercury made a pouty face "Pierce is playing chauffeur now for the new girl." 

"Shut it." Pierce warned her, locking the car and turning to walk towards the school. "Damn what'd you do Ambrosia, haven't seen him this pissed since him and Mercury stopped fucking in the janitors closet." Mars teased at me, making Mercury gave him a side glare. 

"Oh guys stop. Don't blame her." Juniper shut them down, while walking up to me "Don't worry about him Aspen. He's been having a rough time lately."

"Lately?" Triston laughed "Didn't know the past almost 18 years qualifies as lately." I suppressed a laugh as I could see Triston shared the same hatred of Pierce that I did but she showed it in a more comedic relief way. 

Juniper shrugged her off before looking back towards me "He's only doing what he's being forced or there are consequences. We're all just trying to protect you, the minute we heard you came into town to live with Aster we all started to discuss what was next. I can assure you, Xander or Archer don't mean any harm."

"Look I just got to get to class." I said hurriedly, just wanting to escape all of this and get this day done and over with. I pushed past her, heading towards the steps when Tucker grabbed my wrist. I turned my head to face him, worried I was just about to repeat what happens with Pierce. He looked at the rest of the gang to see them invoked in a conversation to not notice, then back at me.

"Pierce will feed off your fear." He whispered "You have to stand up to him, he likes the power and dominance. There are people here that are after you, and are planning. Pierce is the one who can protect you the best, but don't let him get to you."

I was taken back at what he was saying. I blinked repeatably, trying to comprehend everything he had been saying. What did everyone mean by people after me? I mean I understood the whole RSP and the gang after gang but why me? And why was Pierce the one who could protect me? 

I gave a slight nod, not knowing what to say so I stayed silent. The first warning bell rang and I pulled out of his grip before heading to class. I headed to English and took my seat, setting down my bag on the ground. There were still a few more minutes left till class was about to start, and I stared down at my phone wanting to text my dad and tell him what a shit show Aster has gotten me into. 

Deciding not to, my inner thoughts fought back and forth with each other make a mental pros and cons list. My head snapped up when I saw a familiar blond; Finn. He walked in with a bunch of jocks surrounding him and his eyes flickered to mine. His jaw clenched and his eyes stayed on mine. I gave him a glare, as my face fell cold and stern.Finn said one last thing to his friends before he walked up to me, him hovering over my desk.

"Get away from me." I gritted, not believing this guy played me, drugged me, and it was all just for some cash. "Look Aspen-" He started, but I put my index finger up to my lips signaling for him to just shut it, because I didn't want to here it. 

If my brother wasn't in a gang, and had how many people wanting him dead I would report Finn to the cops, but for Aster's sake I can't risk it. He was about to say something else till our teacher Mrs. Osborne came in with her cheery good morning. 

Finn took a seat behind me, not pushing it any further and glanced over to the side where I saw Juniper and her eyes caught mine. She gave me a forced smile that tugged at her lips, showing she felt bad for everything her brother and friends have put me through.

Why does it seem like everyone except me knows what's going on in my life?

Mrs. Osborne went off on how we would continue on Macbeth, and would soon be writing papers on behind the meaning of the play. My phone lit up, and I grabbed it from the corner it was sitting on. 

Pierce Gunner: You're coming with me after school. 

I told myself this was going to end soon but then I realized this is only the beginning. 

* * * * * *

A://N A little bit of a shorter chapter but I do plan for the chapters to get longer as I get more into the book.

This chapter is dedicated to peanutbutter1025 !! You commented to the most and yours are always some of my favorites

(Dedications and follows are given to the person who comments the most)

• What do you guys think about Pierce and Aspen's relationship as of right now?

• What do you think is going to happen now that Aspen is going to be part of the Crestmont's?

•Any clues as to what is happening after school?

• favorite character and why??

I'll see you guys next Thursday or maybe earlier if I get to writing quicker!!

~Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851K 15.4K 44
Two people - broken in their own way - collide. Francesca's life was completely normal up to a couple months ago. Ethan's never known normality. Two...
Intoxicating By Nani🦋

General Fiction

230K 3.8K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
371K 7.6K 45
"Please let me go. I swear I won't tell anyone!" James chuckled. "Oh no princess you're coming with us" David's hand snaked around my waist, he pulle...
320K 5.8K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...