The Darker You || BNHA X Lyca...

By KonekoJr

You were once a wolf-pup living in a Junkyard; alongside your trusted raccoon friend Kenai. Things weren't al... More

• Prologue •
▪ Song Playlist ▪
Your Description
chapter 1: The Start of it all *
chapter 2: Long live the silence *
Chapter 3: into civilization *
chapter 4: a breathe of change *
chapter 5: Spread your Shit *
chapter 6: Canine Prep *
chapter 7: The Exam (pt 1) *
chapter 8: The Exam (pt 2)*
chapter 9: I'm Diseased Aren't I *
chapter 10: physically failing*
chapter 11: Going Under *
chapter 12: I don't do shitheads (pt 1) *
chapter 13: I don't do shitheads (pt 2)*
chapter 14: true darkness *
chapter 15: third eye flexing
chapter 16: the aftermath
chapter 17: 34EX *
chapter 18: 20 Questions
chapter 19: a stuttering mess
* chapter 20: A wild one She is
chapter 22: What? When? Where?
chapter 23: a perfect life
chapter 24: Knocking on Deaths door
Chapter 25: The boarder between life and death
chapter 26: A crush, a beef jerky stick, and a shit-head
chapter 27: training interlude
chapter 28: The lanterns In the Dark
chapter 29: It's a bird!! No, Its A plane!! Actually it's a....valkyrie??
chapter 30: what do you want?
chapter 31: Even idiots Have Demons
chapter 32: Que Sad Training Montage
chapter 33: Guess The Cat's Out of The Bag.
chapter 34: Within Your prey; There Lies A Hidden Demon
chapter 35: A lone wolf, needs her independence
chapter 36: Mental entertainment
chapter 37: Tips For The Gruesome
chapter 38: Reign of the Sovereign Puppy
chapter 39: Wolves don't purr
chapter 40: The Conjoined Secrets Of The higher Order
chapter 41: Ol' St. Fen
chapter 42: Oi Oi Oi; Troubles On The Way!
chapter 43: A Lycan's Purpose
chapter 44: W-What's a Date-?? I-I mean What's the Date-?!
chapter 45: Two Dads, And A Date With The Ultimate Cutie
chapter 46: A mental Rhetorical Question
chapter 47: Attack Pupper Attack!
chapter 48: Camp careless
Chapter 49; a lost cause
chapter 50: Long Time No See
chapter 51: A forgiven saviour *
NOT A CHAPTER (Sorry): A/N
chapter 52: Let's be friends. wait, who are you anyway?
chapter 53: Wait- Don't Worry
chapter 54: Wolves don't fly
chapter 55: The Quest continues
A/N: (not a real chappie sowwy)
chapter 56: When it all comes together
chapter 00: *Bonus chapter*
Chapter 57: I can feel him (republished)
A/n: (Sorry not an update)
Authors note: sorry

chapter 21: packs of 2

1K 35 16
By KonekoJr

~ • ~

LATER ON THAT DAY,
I had combat training with Mirio on Training grounds. Tomorrow I'd be going Back Home with Aizawa Again, and I was Overwhelmed with Excitement.

But the entire time We Trained, he Looked like something was bothering him, which was weird.

I decided To take advantage of that, and while he was underground I Listened Intently To the Sound of his Coursing Thoughts Drawing near. I shifted on my paws, stealthily. Before he Had A chance to pop up behind me, I roll over Dodging him.

I Back-kick him across The Open field, he Stopped himself from Crashing into The Wall By gripping the dirt. As Soon As his hands touched The Dirt, the third window opened.

I bring my paws back, Standing Up Like a large Bear; I Pounce forward, slamming My Large paws against the ground, While he took the time to permeate his hand through the rubble, I Lept behind him, nudging him Out of bounds with my snout.

He Started laughing once he hit the ground, which Sort of relieved me. I was getting worried about him.

I lie down, Resting my head on my paws, My ears Flapping Anxiously. He Gives my head a scratch, and eventually my ear. My leg betrayed me, Bouncing Up and down At the Sensation of Just being Pet, in general.

On our way back To His Place, he Was silent. But still held that derpy smile as per usual. I Just had To Smoke on the way home, I couldn't wait any longer, I've been trying so hard to taper of these damned things, but it's killing my brain.

He seemed to have finally gotten Used to that part of me, which I was greatful for. But I'd completely forgotten To get Kenai something to eat.

My Stomach Roars, And my cheeks Flush. Apparently i was hungry too... "Are you hungry? I think I see a hot-dog truck." I bring my gaze up, noticing The truck just up ahead. Making eye contact with a rather family set of Raggedy old brown orbs.

"HEY I KNOW YOU!! YOU'RE THE ANIMAL GIRL WHO KEEPS STEALING MY SHIT!!!" There weren't many people Surrounding the Truck, But there were lots of Pedestrians out. I Lept on Mirio's shoulders with Kenai Dangling on my tail. "HEY EVERYBODY!!!!! ALL MIGHT HIMSELF ATE RIGHT HERE!! IN THIS VERY SPOT!!!!"

Before we knew it, people Start Rushing Towards the Truck, blocking the Old Coot from chasing us. I shrug my shoulders, sticking my tongue out at him, and lept down. I grab mirio's hand, and drag Him As far away From the Truck as I possibly could.

When we'd Finally Came to a halt, we both Clentched our knees trying to catch our Breathe.
He finally manages to say, "What Was with that guy????" I shook my head. "My reputation around That Specific area isn't pretty."

He Flashed a look of concern, "What do you mean??" I sigh in defeat. "Well....if I'm being honest...Before Aizawa took me in...I-I was a theif..."

He knits his brows in adgitation.
But I wasn't exactly finished, "I'm pretty sure I was a street fighter for a while to...And For a While I sort of sold drugs....And..uhh....
kenai..and...I..stole a bunch of ummm........hotdogcarts...." I muttered that last part, Letting my (h/c) ears fall back against my head guiltily.

"(L/N)?!?!?!"

I rock on the balls of my feet, suddenly finding my Muddy shoes alot more Interesting.

He sighs in defeat. "Well- That's all in the past....right???" He kneels down to look me in the eyes. "Well...yeah..I don't really have to struggle anymore since You humans Took me In..." he flashes me a warm smile. "Than don't worry to much about what you've done in the past, just Keep moving forward, accept and overcome your mistakes!" He Sticks his Thumb up. I nod my head Profusely, sensing that he was in a good mood now. My tail Wags, I feel kenai Start swiping at it like he usually does.

He Scratches my Head, and Like that we walk home for the night.

~

"I-I CAN'T PARTICIPATE IN THE SPORTS FAIR?!?!" I Squeaked, tearing up. The next day, I went To school as per usual, and Of course I was met with another one of Aizawa's Little meeting sessions with his Teacher friends.

"Its A sports festival." Aizawa corrected me, "and You've already gotten a couple of guaranteed internships lined out." My heart sank. I really wanted to get to know my classmates More.

The only humans I've made friends with so far, Are Humans Who have to Like me. I can't help but feel like they treat me like this because they have to, and They genuinely didn't actually care about me At all.

"Miss (l/n), As your principal I can assure you this is For your well-being. You need To learn to control your powers More, You have great Potential to become a pro hero, but There are steps you need to be willing to climb If that's The truth to your goal."

What The Hell was this gerbil jabbering on about? My head was throbbing. This was seriously pissing me off. I wanted to be in the sports fair. I don't know why but I feel like this experience would've really helped me open up more.

But now it was gone because of these stupid powers.

"Here are Your Intern applications, please be Sure to read through them, and Choose one carefully, you wouldn't want to end up In a place Your unfamiliar with, especially when you're already Having problems Controlling your quirk."

I take The papers. Narrowing my eyes, I stare at the paper.

There were only two, so this shouldn't be hard. But why were these Scribbles so much harder to read than usual. I could feel everyone's gaze practically burning into me.

Eventually I sigh. "Um......." i was Really silent, and honestly embarrassed as hell. "Is there something the matter, miss (l/n)?"

I blushed bitterly.
"C-Could one of you um...maybe...read this to me?"
Aizawa's eyes Grow wide, he facepalms. My ears twitch, as he muttered under his breathe, "you've gotta be shitting me right now."

So I wasn't going to be able to participate In the sports festival. That had me really Depressed for a while.

I still get to see mirio every day, he's My New tutor. My Internship Wasn't supposed to start until day after tomorrow. And since I'm Technically considered Some sort of special student, I'm going to have to take some days To Work On my internship, and others to Study, and read with mirio.

I only had two choices. Mirio read each of them to me Clearly, One was with sir-Nighteye, which shocked me to say the least. I heard that guy was a side-kick. But he was really awesome.

But there was also an internship From Gang orca.

He was So awesome, I remembered Seeing him on bill-boards sometimes While strolling around japan. He was so cool because He was Epically scary. He looked like a villain, he was so terrifying But He was a hero.

Gang orca has always amazed me.

There was only one time I've ever actually met him.

Flashback

Red flowers. They littered the alleyways. Thick Smoke, almost black as midnight- littered The air.

I was perched on A clothing line,
Being So young, It was around the time I had problems Controlling my powers, kenai was Like My parental figure.

He hated it When I Climbed the Clothes-lines by myself, but I didn't care.

Before I knew it though, I felt myself being Picked up by the scruff of my fur.

"Hey! Wait just five more minutes!!" He rolls his eyes, "five minutes my ass, you'll sit there for hours if I don't step in now."

By the time He'd finally dropped me, we were perched on An old Ladder, "the Cool humans are out Saving people!!! Please Let's go watch!! It's not that far away!!"
"No! It's To dangerous, you'll get squashed, or trampled You little Midget dog."

I flash a walleyed look, climbing onto his back, and Sniffing his Head. "Don't You pull that Shit- I Said No!!- KID!!" I only whine, and whine. "What if the humans dropped Food or something!!!"

He lets out a frustrated grown, grabbing his ears, he Mutters indistinguishable words i assumed were swears before clawing at his own face stomping his paw. "FINE!!! ALRIGHT!! J-JUST SIT STILL FLEABAG!!" I Shiver with anticipation resting my head on my paws, he takes me by the scruff of my neck, and we Scramble Across multiple roof-tops, power, and clothes lines until we reached the spot where all the action was.

There he was, fighting off a Bad Guy, right there, using all his strength. "Woooowww!!!!!" My Eyes grow wide with wonder, my tail Wags in excitement.

I drifted a little too close to the edge, The red flowers were Lapping at Buildings a mile a minute, As well as Cars. The Sudden Shake of An engine exploding Made me slip. "KID!!"

I fell over the building, mere seconds away from drowning In Flames, I braced for Impact, that never Came.

I was in his hand? God I was so small back then, I was pathetic,

Anyways, my Eyes Twitched Open. His Face Was So cool, I silently wished so badly I could Be That Intimidating as I nervously study over his features.

I was just tired Of people calling me adorable.

"What's an adorable Little thing like you doing In the middle of All this?" NEVER MIND, H-HE CAN CALL ME ADORABLE ANYTIME!!!

"Hey!! We need help over here!" Other humans were trying to get his attention, he hid me behind his back. "DO YOU NOT TRUST MY METHOD OF HEROISM?!?!" He Roars, "N-No Sir-!!
I-I Mean Y-Yes!!!" The human coughed anxiously before scrambled away.

That human listened to him?!?
He's a superhero....AND AN ALPHA-?!

This human, just couldn't get any cooler than he already was. There was just no way.

He pulls me into view, I climb Up his Shirt with my claws Licking his cheek. He Chuckles, and I wag my tail.

He rushes out of the crowd, spotting the nearest Safe Spot he could possibly find, which happened to be in the junkyard.

"A wolf pup huh? Why all the way in Japan though?" He Spoke Out loud, Almost as though he were talking to me.

"Steer clear Of Danger Tiny wolf." He pats my head, placing me inside some sort of container, he Shuts the lid, but keeps it propped with a rock. "Take shelter in here."

Like that, at the Sound of other humans struggling to fight something much stronger than Themselves, he Rushed to aid them.

"Wow!!!!" I sighed In awe, I seemed to be In some sort of trance for a long time. I was startled back into reality hearing a thud behind me.

Hovering over me With That Icy Cold glare; crossing His Arms In annoyance- stood kenai.

I flashed a sheepish grin, laying down and resting my head in my paws. I tried Giving him the eyes, my e/c orbs sparkled, begging for forgiveness.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW DANGEROUS THAT WAS YOU LITTLE SHIT!?! YOU COULD'VE SERIOUSLY- BLAHBLAHBLAH, BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAAAHHH BLAHBLAH! BLAH BLAH...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH-"

Eventually I spaced out, curling into his belly fluff. He begrudgingly. Sighs, laying down, and we cuddled before drifting imo a long heavy sleep

Flashback end

"I choose gang orca!" I pointed at the application repeatedly bouncing my finger, pouting.
Mirio sighs in defeat, I guess he was assuming I'd choose sir-Nighteye.

"I'm sorry Mirio..." He only smiles, "That's Alright (l/n), this is your choice."

I give him a hug, which at first he seems suprised, he'd kept his arms Elevated, before finally dropping them down. That wasn't exactly like him, and I sensed something off about that hug. I couldn't help, but wonder what was wrong with him.

Aizawa was Taking Me home now, my tail wagged the entire way there. I was so thrilled to finally see him again I talked his ear off.

"Its good to see your voice is back to normal." He points out, I cratch my neck sheepishly, "Yeah, I really overdid it..I know what I Did was wrong sensei..." we came to a halt, he looked into my glossed (e/c) orbs, Realising how Genuine my apology truly was, as I bowed Folding my hands together.

He only shakes his head, scowling at the ground. "Never Apolagise For being the only person in the Room strong enough to save a life. You didn't ask for this quirk, but we're going to help you make it Yours."

I blushed, This was the first time I ever felt like I Could sincerely understand Everything he was Saying. His words were so kind, his words saved me.

"(F/n)....I'm going to be here For you as long as you need me....."

"I'm...adopting you."

I stood there speechless.
My lips trembled.

I've never felt like this before.

What In God's name was this feeling?

This feeling was so different. Different in a warm way. Kenai has shown me just as much love as a raccoon could really offer, but still I've always felt something missing in my life. I gravely lacked knowledge of my past and my true parents back when my life basically restarted like that.

The fact of the matter was, that there was always going to be someone out there who would love you for you. I just didn't think I'd find anyone like that. Kenai loves my animal side...not me.

But sensei- he loves me?

"Y-You-??!! Y-You're-" I stammered out, balling my hands into fists. He stares back at me Confused.

His look of seriousness melted into an anxious lip purse that suggested he was silently fearful of what was about to happeb.

I tackle him to the ground in a hug, Bursting into tears. We collapsed with a thud. "Kid! Get A grip We're in Public-" "I KNOW!!! I'M SO SORRY FOR EVERYTHING-!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!" I whaled like a titty-baby. I could feel kenai tugging at my Hair in annoyance.

His words.

Only The kind Words Of A father, could close up that void in my heart.

This was all I've ever wanted, someone to call my Home.

Kenai Was my home, but.

Family shouldn't come in packs of 2.

Little did I know, I had yet to overcome One of the most challenging obstacles, I've ever faced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 150 34
The names Y/n Hatori, and this is the story of how I did NOT become the #1 Hero... Ha! You really thought I was gonna say I was going to be the #1 He...
26.9K 895 87
Almost 100 chapters? I know. That's a big commitment to some random fanfic on the internet. But I truly love Bakugou with my entire heart, I've poure...
349K 7.5K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
243 2 10
TW's here: bad parenting/neglectful and harmful behavior Possible mentions of suicide and/or self harm "Daughter, you have a new mission. Do not disa...