0.1 | No Exit from Deception...

By Gossiplanet

❝ What you seek is seeking you.❞ ❝ What you seek is seeking you.❞ ❝ What you seek is seeking you.❞ Ruby took... More

|Copyright+Disclaimer+Author's note|
|Epigraph|
|No Exit From Deception - Starcast|
0.01 | Love Is A Waste Of Time
0.02 | Underpaid And Overworked
0.03 | How Is That Even Possible ?
0.04 | Being A Poor Is A Newly-found Race According To Rich Folks Dictionary
0.05 | His Unlicensed Shenanigans
0.06 | Let's Get This Bread
0.07 | Kipping Food From The Kitchen
0.08 | This Is Crazy #$%@
0.10 | The Longest And The Warmest Hug
0.11 | Fake Pistols And Tomahawk Axes
0.12 | I Wish For This Night To Never End
0.13 | Mid Night Adventures
0.14 | Fait accompli
0.15 | Rule Number One: Table Etiquette
0.16 | A Lonely Little Petunia In An Onion Patch
0.17 | First Attempt At Heating Pasta
0.18 | Rule Number Two : A General Guideline To Fashion
0.19 | Calvin Klein : Proceed At Your Own Risk
0.20 | Morning, Jogging and a tinge of Gossiping
0.21 | A Shocking Secret With Some Homespun Lemon Flavored Pancakes
0.22 | 991 Call : Hello! Is This The Police
0.23 | Rule Number Three : Steps To Slow Dancing
0.24 | Peaches And Brown Mascara
0.25 | Lights, Camera And Actionnn!!
0.26 | Ze'Drama, Act II, Scene I
0.27 | Je t'aime : First Trial
0.28 | Cigarettes And Blue Eyed Dude
0.29 | Meant To Be Loved
0.30 | I Love (You) Children
0.31 | Excuse My Tale Telling
0.32 | How It Feels To Betray Your Best Friend
0.33 | Three Kings And One Queen Of Hearts
0.34 | Lover Versus Sister
0.35 | Mary Has Major Psychotic Hatred Toward Elizabeth
0.36 | Joseph Doing Her Makeup And Stuff!
0.37 | Editorial Page: Can We Please Know Why Are You Back?
0.38 | Keys Are Gone With The Tides
0.39 | Trouble Usually Finds Her
0.40 | When Everyone Has His Own Game Plan
0.41 | Everyone Is Watching Her, But She's looking At You
0.42 | Nobody Is Perfect. That's Why Pencils Have Erasers
0.43 | My Phone Is My Private Property
0.44 | I Fathom The Diplomatic Thought Of My Mama
0.45 | I Want To See Joseph, Please!
0.46 | Triple R: Run Ruby Run!
0.47 | I'm Coming Home . . . I'm Coming Home
0.48 | A Cold War Between The Club Owner And His Son
0.49 | A Never Seen Avatar Of Mr. I Hate Girls
0.50 | Eggs, Lemons And Hard Potatoes
0.51 | You Are Giving Me A Heart attack
0.52 | You Are My Friend And My Only Friend
0.53 | Let's End This Game In Block Heels
0.54 | A Warm Welcome For Seven Minutes
0.55 | Will Team Work Bring Them Closer?
0.56 | I Wonder What A World This Is ?
0.57 | My Boyfriend's Secrets Are Out Now
0.58 | My Love Would Take You To A New Height
0.59 | Supposedly Our Last Night At The Mansion
0.60 | Aren't You Happy About The Revolution?
0.61 | A Resignation To Not To See My Bae
0.62 | You And I, Lonely . . . You And I, Only
Epilogue

0.09 | I Thought You'd Forgotten Me

454 124 91
By Gossiplanet

Without having heard of Joseph or anyone for a week, Ruby also didn't give serious consideration to the impractical idea of seeing herself take a leap from rags to riches; a seemingly next to the impossible idea. It was something that would appeal primarily to crazy people who would go to any height of nonsense to loot money. Ruby, was not one of them.

Anyway, there were a guaranteed number of moments in days and nights where she recollected her bickering spree with him, resulting in a frown and sometimes a cute pout on her face. The reason for the remembrance could also be her uninvolved state with any man till now. He was the first guy who approached her and had a good talk with her ─ no matter how senseless and obscure the subject was.

Generally, if any boy winked or showed any kind of mating interest in her, it only lasted momentarily. Not progressive and satisfying at all. As soon as the party ended, they went away in different directions. That's it. She wasn't used to talking to men. But, this particular person took the talk to seven minutes. On the surface, he appeared so much satisfied with himself that he would forgo the thought of being in a relationship with any woman.

He didn't care about the world. He had some other mystical motives.

Was she missing him? A man at whose place she had a mere stayover? A man who shouted at her as a volcano burst?

She stumbled over a rock and Emily immediately held her arm, helping her to stabilize.

"You okay?"

"Ah, thanks," Ruby replied inattentively.

"Ruby, is everything okay?" Her lost state illustrated to Emily that something was wrong with her.

"No, I'll not be okay if you keep on asking me the same thing."

The unswallowable lump moved up and down as Ruby's throat muscles constricted. Emily knew something was not right with Ruby and her mood swings throughout the day also gave a major hint about it.

Emily began talking about other stuff.
"I bought rayon fabric instead of artificial silk. The fall of this gown will come out nicely," she announced, as they were walking down the silent streets. The sky lost its blue and the orange hue of the streetlight was at its peak.

Ruby cast her mind back to Joseph's cruel words ─ calling her a brat, "I'm a girl, Emily . . . deprived of the parental love and the necessities of a normal life. I can't speak softly to people cause I've never gone through such an environment. People label me as an ill-bred and rude brat, how should I explain to them?"

"It's perfectly alright to be one. By the way, who said all this to you?"

"Joseph." Ruby glimpsed at her, smiling painfully. "I don't know what expectations he had from me?"

By not touching the freshly cut wound, Emily proceeded, "Anyway, what are you going to wear to this hootenanny?" Emily laughed as she pronounced the word. Releasing her fingers and curling them in, she tugged at the handle of her plastic bag with a strong grip.

Different tall structures blackened by age and flanked them from both sides as the lane grew narrower toward the end. Inside the garbage box that was overly dumped near the corner, cats and dogs played the game of hide and seek.

"Have not thought about it. But this is something new, I mean we have never called the audience up on the stage to sing along with us. This is going to be different." Ruby shrugged her shoulders before her eyes swept across the road and landed on the woman standing against the car, who didn't look less than any busty mannequin.

Ruby strained her eyes due to a lack of clarity in the dense nighttime. And as she saw her, Ruby started taking measured steps toward the mysterious lady. Her mouth fell and jacked up within a minute to its original place.

Sarah?

"Sarah, what are you doing here? And how did you get my address?" Ruby asked her quickly, nervously eyeing the surrounding. "Nobody saw you coming here right?"

"Ruby, that should not matter. Can we talk please?" Sarah spoke, her words were dark. Turning her body, Ruby shooed away Emily in the building to give a last-minute touch of humanity to their shared room.

"Okay. But, what's the matter all about?" Ruby asked, reaching out to keep her hand on the car's hood.

"Inside. Please," Sarah insisted and Ruby finally asked Sarah to follow her lead.

***

"No, don't seat on that chair. It's broken," Ruby warned loudly, passing a frightened Sarah a three-legged stool instead. Sarah took it and flopped on it uncomfortably, resting her half butt only because the other part had permeated grease and her skirt was of pure white.

She stared at their shared room like aliens, gulping hard. There were piles of useless items in that small room. The walls wore dampness and streaks of moss. The statement: it needed repairs here and there would only be a half-truth. It needed a complete makeover-- an investment of a huge amount of money and courage.

Ruby sat on the bed near her, smoothening the wave of the sheet. As if this act would add a star more to her room's rating.

"So, this is where you live." Sarah failed to recover fully from the visual reality.

Ruby nodded with shrouded confidence, at heart she felt her room to be the biggest disappointment. At the same time, water started to drip on Sarah's head from the roof. Sarah looked upward with a ghostly expression. Ruby stood up and asked her to shift her chair away from the spot.

"This is happening again. I'm sorry ─ Emily where is the bedpan? Anyway, can we be quick before the electricity goes off?" Ruby sighed, turning her face to receive a response from Sarah who was still pondering. "Emily, get her water or something. You made a potato patty with sesame seed this morning . . ."

"Ruby, that's not perfectly made. I'm going to the nearby market to bring some delicious snacks," Emily barked softly and also addressed Sarah by giving her a glass of water, "Please don't go anywhere."

A prolonged and general silence followed.

"I came here to apologize on behalf of Joseph's bad behavior. It's easy to say things in the heat of the moment. But, he's not even a bit of what looked like his trait. The situation just turned that way wherein he was not in a position to get a hold of his tongue," Sarah spoke with her whole heart, defending her friend. Of course, Anshuman and Sarah both were Joseph's neighbors and must have been good friends for a long time.

"I don't know. But I'm not trained to handle such wild animals," A pause to take a breath and after that, "He not only yelled at me but gripped my shoulders and dug his nails into my arms. How fucking crazy can you get?"

"Pretty injurious to health, I get that," Sarah joked to ease some of the tension of the testy-looking Ruby. She nodded resignedly. Joseph did come out like an atrocious animal.

"And the capper was when he called me a mannerless brat? How can he be so arrogant and merciless?" Ruby gave her a good retort, involuntarily, getting up from the bed. "I don't want to talk about that man. Not today, tomorrow, or ever."

"Fine, Ruby. Let's talk about your job. How is it going?" Sarah changed the topic swiftly and brought her signature smile back to her face.

Emily returned and joined them, offering the plate of fried crispy chicken legs with some cold beer. Together Emily and Ruby made Sarah a protege as they unraveled the lip-tight knacks on how to lessen the sound of a leaking roof during sleeping time and how just by using beetroot you could blush your cheeks. Amidst the gritty conversations, Ruby's eyes settled on Emily's phone that was vibrating near her and she didn't adhere to the manner of excusing them. She simply trekked outside their room into the deep dark lobby, the walls of which stood with old urine.

"Hello?"

"Please send Sarah downstairs. I'm waiting." A bold, gruff statement came from the other end of the phone grudgingly.

"Oh, so it's you. Okay. Just hold your ground! I'm coming there," Ruby ordered and hang up as she made her way out of the shabby building.

She took long strides and halted near him.

"Look, who's here? Mr Holden ─ the man of his words," Ruby mocked, clapping her hands dramatically. "Are you sure Sarah is in here? Or you just came here to check up on me?"

"Your acting skills aren't that bad. When you knew you could make the most, you ran away from there." He looked sideways and stuffed his hands in his pants pockets.

"─Excuse me? I didn't run away. It was you who violently pushed me out." She crossed her arms. "Tell me exactly why are you here?"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, I came to pick her up. Do you think I'll risk my life standing in this place without wearing a face mask? This surrounding is so unhygienic. In fact, in perfect resemblance with the unhygienic people residing in here," he stated bitterly, poking his tongue in his cheek as if it was his hobby to disregard everything, every damn thing on earth.

Ruby rotated her head sideways, inspecting the dark corners of the locality. For one, she didn't want anybody to catch her outside. And for another, she didn't want Madame Tào to capture her having a word with a stranger ─ especially a man. Or else her death will approach her very soon.

Ruby snorted, pointing at him. "You bette─" But that undefeated lioness attitude with which she moved forward to clear all her doubts pulled her back into a three-legged dog's camouflage, once she heard someone taking her name with a twinge of despise striking in each word. Who it could be?

Madame Tào.

--------

Word count- 1690

lots of love xxx
Please vote and comment 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.9K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
402K 11.9K 39
[On Amazon] Do you remember your safe word?" she asks. "Yes," I mutter. "Say it." "Cross." She takes a deep breath and exhales. "Your only...
39.6K 886 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
381K 9.3K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: ⸻ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴! ❝𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛...