The Queen's Game

By The_Queen_107

"This is a male dominated business Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggra... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: "Watch me"
Chapter 2: Ego Battle
Chapter 3: The Northern Heir
Chapter 4: Frenemies
Chapter 5: Mason Reed
Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 7: The Heir Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Unknown
Chapter 9: "It's you in dog form"
Chapter 10: Introducing the five foot child
Chapter 11: Don't Question It
Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)
Trailer!!!
Chapter 13: Birthday Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Target Practice
(Character Cheat Sheet) Authors Note #1
Chapter 15: Sweets Overload
Chapter 16: Ambush
Chapter 18: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 19: "Is this the part where you yell?"
Chapter 20: The Anniversary
Chapter 21: The One Where He Fuck's Up, Big Time
Chapter 22: Bitch Boy
Chapter 23: Apologies
Chapter 24: The Group
Chapter 25: Ruby
Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"
Chapter 27: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 28: The Girl With Blonde Hair
Chapter 29: Secrets and Lies
Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment
Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder
Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"
Chapter 33: Bribery
Chapter 34: Old People
Chapter 35: Newlyweds
Chapter 36: Night Out
Chapter 37: Dance Battle of Death
Chapter 38: Starting Point
Chapter 39: Period Problems
Chapter 40: The Holiday Spirt
Chapter 41: Threats
Chapter 42: Washington
Chapter 43: Shotgun
Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 45: Cause for Concern
Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly
Chapter 47: In The Moment
Chapter 48: Headlines
Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan

158 14 2
By The_Queen_107

POV: Matty Herlihy

~~~

Waking up on Tuesday morning the smell of sweets continues to hang in the air, last night when I arrived back at the house after my flight I could smell the cookies, cake, and brownies from the door but I was so exhausted that I dragged myself to my room and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

Walking over to my closet I grab a pair of grey sweats and pull them on over my briefs and threw a white muscle tee over my head.

My first goal of the day is to shove my face with whatever -I'm assuming Mira has made- into my mouth. Walking downstairs to the kitchen I'm surprised to see that Maya is the one pulling a tray of cookies out of the oven.

Lee being the first to notice me turned in his seat, "Hey Matty, how was your flight?"

Sitting down next to him I take a snickerdoodle off one of the baking trays -the only one with all the cookies still on it, none biting into to taste test, and take a bite. "It was fine, long." Garbing a brownie off another plate I look to Maya, only to see that she is glaring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that shorty?" My question only seems to make her glare harder. Suddenly she grabs a cookie off the tray she's just pulled out and quickly chucks it at me, but not quick enough. I catch it in the air and bring it to my mouth, smirking at her.

"Well looks like someone finally came out of their god damn room." She mutters turning around to grab a bag of frosting.

Not hearing what she said I speak again, "What was that Sweetheart? I didn't quite catch that." She turns around again, her eyes still set in a glare.

"I said, looks like someone finally came out of their god damn room. I've been baking every sweet I could think of to try and apologize to you for accidentally shooting you and you haven't even bothered to come out of your room!" She gets herself so worked up that she squeezes the frosting bag in her hand and it shoots out, hitting the piles of sweets on the counter.

Stifling a laugh I look at her, "Does she not know that I've been in Florida all week?" I think to myself, reaching out to grab one of the frosted covered brownies.

"Sugar did you not know that I was in Florida for the last week?" she freezes for a second and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Really? Really! If you weren't here why didn't anyone tell me! I've been baking nonstop hoping you would come down and I could apology's." At this point, I couldn't stop my laughter and neither could Lee.

Huffing she folds her arms across her chest, but the action only serves to draw my eyes there and to the white tube top she's wearing that shows off her tan skin. I refocus on her face again when I hear her voice, "It's not funny"

Taking a deep breath to calm my laughter I respond to her little outburst, "Yeah sugar, it is."

She only glares again, "Would you stop calling me that!"

I grin deciding to have a little fun, "What, Sugar? No, I think I'll keep with it, I think it suits with all the sweets you've made for me and I'm honored that you've been thinking of me, but for future reference, my favorite sweets are chocolate chip cookies followed closely by chocolate cupcakes."

Before she has a chance to reply Luke enters the kitchen looking more annoyed than ever. "What's wrong with you?" I question while he shoves a brownie in his mouth.

After finishing he turns to face both me and Lee, "The two of you are never allowed to leave the house again without a fucking tracking chip." He growls rubbing his fingers into his temple.

I roll my eyes before answering him, "I don't understand why she's so pissed, So what I forgot to call and say that he's with me. He's eighteen, not twelve, and if you ask me the silent treatment she's giving us is uncalled for."

This gets his attention because the next thing I know Luke is right in front of me and shoves me back a little, "Uncalled for? Uncalled for! Last I checked you were the one that threw Lee into the lake with his phone! You were the one that said you'd call Rowan! You were the one that forgot! YOU!"

During Luke's little rant Lee was off to the side trying his best to stay quiet and keep a smile off his face. Noticing I wasn't looking at him anymore Luke turned his attention to Lee. "And you! Don't even get me started on you. Do you know how worried Rowan was? She was under so much stress already and to add on the extra weight of the thought that you were dead on the street somewhere was cruel!"

He took a big breath before moving back so he could yell at both of us at the same time. "The two of you are the most juvenile, selfish, and fucking-"

Before Luke could finish his little rant the front door was thrown open and three people walked in. Forgetting all about us he turned to the boys.

"Your favorite Reed is here!" shoving Linc and Justin to the side Cameron came into view with a grin on his face.

"Oh, Asia's here? Where?" I asked looks around and then looking back to see his face had turned into a scowl.

"Oh no, no, no, no! How did you even get past the gate? I thought Rowan put a strict no enter on your name." Luke was in front of Cameron now keeping him from moving past him as the other two had done.

"That's none of your business." a second later Justin answered the question for him.

"Well, I'll tell you. I was peacefully in my house relaxing when these two idiots basically dragged me out of my house and convinced me to drive them here because they knew that the guards wouldn't let them in. Oh and Cameron hid on the floor of the back seat so they wouldn't see him. So much for mister "I'm not scared of anything"

Before Luke could stop him Cameron sidestepped him and made his way towards Justin, "Oh, don't lie you came willingly!"

Moments before an all-out brawl could happen Luke stepped in-between the two. "Okay, okay I'm happy you three are finally somewhat getting along so you can stay and hang out with everyone but you listen to what I say. And that means you, Cameron."

Cameron just put his hands up in surrender as Luke continued. "It has been a long two days. I only just got Rowen to leave Jack's bedside and convince her not to murder Tweedledum and Tweedle dumber over there. So you are to stay away from her room, do you understand me?"

"Uh, rude." Lee and I said at the same time but he just ignored us.

"Do you understand me, Cameron?" He asked again and this time Cameron just rolled his eyes and nodded his head.

~~~

It's been a few hours and now most of us are in the Living Room huddled up on the couches watching Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Currently, Maya is curled up next to me with her head on my shoulder because I apparently stole her spot on the end.

Mira is basically on top of Lee and Linc, while Justin is on the other side of Maya. On the love seat, like usual, Candy and Luke are cuddled up sharing their own bowl of popcorn. I don't know why the two of them haven't started dating yet, they're already basically a couple.

Towards the middle of the movie, a loud screech is heard from upstairs. We all jump up and run to the base of the stairs only to hear a door thrown open and two people come into view.

Rowen is pushing Cameron while screaming at him, "What the hell is wrong with you? I'm almost positive that Luke told you today was not the day to mess with me! I'm aggravated, annoyed, and overall pissed as hell, so for once in your miserable life would you listen to me and leave me alone!"

During her yelling, she had pushed him so close to the top of the stairs that with one last push she sent him tumbling down the stairs.

In the next few seconds, everything happens very fast, once Cameron reached the bottom of the stairs the girls went running up the opposite flight while the rest of us went to make sure Cameron didn't break anything, which he didn't.

The girls were able to calm her down but while they did the boys and I decided to have a little fun so while they stayed at the bottom I made my way up the stairs.

Once I was up I quickly grabbed Maya's waist and threw her over my shoulder. She screamed and tried to pry herself from my grip, well until she saw that I was walking towards the edge of the balcony that looked over the doorway. At that point, her grip tightened.

Reaching the railing I carefully leaned her back over it, the whole time she was cussing me out and threatening to shoot me again if I even so much as thought about dropping her, which I wasn't. But amidst her protest, I saw her look over my shoulder at something, but there wasn't anything there.

Under her breath, she silently cursed and mumbled ever so softly, "Jeff don't you dare. I mean it, don't."

I decided not to question it as I put her back on the ground with her back to the railing. With one arm on either side of her, I leaned over to whisper in her ear, "First off sugar my name's Matty. And second, did you really think I would drop you?"

I moved back to see her reaction, which as I expected was another glare. This time instead of throwing something at me she reached out and pinched me in the side with her long nails.

"Ow! That hurt." I moved back and rubbed where she pinched me.

"It was meant to, don't do that again. And stop calling me sugar!"

I smiled sweetly and shook my head, "Nope. See you around sugar."

Motioning for Lee to come upstairs we walked over to Rowen. "Hey, we know you're mad but can we talk for a second?" I kept my voice steady and sweet so I didn't piss her off more.

"Sure." That was all she said so I took it as my opening.

"Okay, I'm sorry. It was my fault I should have made sure he didn't have his phone when I threw him and I should have called right away but being alone with my sister for a week was torture and I wanted a friend. Your birthday is tomorrow and I really don't want to spend it with you mad so can you forgive us? I really am sorry."

I stayed quiet and waited for her response, after a moment she just smiled and shook her head before pulling me into a hug, "You're lucky I love you."

As she pulled Lee in for one too I thought to myself, "Yeah, I really am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is Rowans birthday, hope you're prepared  ;)

Hope you enjoyed 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 64.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
14.8K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
2.3M 46.5K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...