Anomaly [ELIJAH MIKAELSON] [1...

By -GossipRiley

"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget." The Vampire D... More

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE
I - ROSE
II - KATERINA
III - THE SACRIFICE
IV - BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON
V - DADDY ISSUES
VI - CRYING WOLF
VII - THE DINNER PARTY
VIII - THE HOUSE GUEST
IX - KNOW THY ENEMY
X - THE LAST DANCE
XI - KLAUS
XII - THE LAST DAY
XIII - AS I LAY DYING
PART TWO
XIV - THE BIRTHDAY
XV - THE HYBRID
XVII - DISTURBING BEHAVIOUR
XVIII - THE RECKONING
XIX - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
XX - GHOST WORLD
XXI - ORDINARY PEOPLE
XXII - HOMECOMING
XXIII - THE NEW DEAL
XXIV - OUR TOWN
XXV - THE TIES THAT BIND
XXVI - BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
XXVII - DANGEROUS LIAISONS
XXVIII - ALL MY CHILDREN
XXIX - THE DEPARTED
PART THREE
XXX - GROWING PAINS
XXXI - AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL
XXXII - CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
XXXIII - A VIEW TO KILL
XXXIV - INTO THE WILD
XXXV - DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
XXXVI - AMERICAN GOTHIC
XXXVII - PICTURES OF YOU
XXXVIII - THE ORIGINALS
SEQUEL

XVI - THE END OF THE AFFAIR

32.7K 1.1K 959
By -GossipRiley

   She could feel the chest pains. Ever since taking the necklace off in the mountains, the pains had returned, and she knew it was only a matter of time until the nosebleeds did too. Even knowing this, Audrey remained stubborn in her decision to keep it off, leaving it tucked away in her pocket until further notice. Her arms crossed over her chest, she got out of the car with Stefan and Klaus, looking around the warehouse they'd pulled up in.

   "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus smirked, lifting up the closed grate in front of them. It revealed a view of the city, lit up by lights in the night sky. "Ever been to the windy city, love?" He rose a brow toward Audrey.

   "No." She shook her head, looking out at the view in awe. No one could deny how beautiful of a sight it was. "I was looking at colleges here, but I've never visited."

   Stefan looked at Klaus, unimpressed. "What are we doing here?"

   "I know how much you loved it here." The Original mused, his smirk growing slightly as he locked eyes with the Salvatore. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

   "Blacked out most of them." Stefan admitted. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

   "Well, that is a crying shame." Klaus tutted, shaking his head. "The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." His smirk turned into a knowing grin. "Chicago was magical."

   "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it." Stefan shrugged with a blank look. "Like I said, I don't remember most of it." He then rose a brow at him. "Why are we still with you?" He pointed between Audrey and himself. "We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

   "We're going to see my favourite witch." Klaus informed the pair, walking back over toward the car. Instantly, one of the humans he'd compelled held open one of the doors for him, earning an eye roll from Audrey. "If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Gloria's bar had put a look of confusion on Stefan Salvatore's face, and his look only made the smirk Klaus wore grow. Audrey glanced between the pair for a moment, before shaking her head, looking around the empty bar in interest. She moved and sat on top of one of the tables, as the pair leaned against the stair railing, deciding it best to keep out of whatever was clearly going on.

   "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus said knowingly to the Salvatore.

   Stefan glanced at him in disbelief. "I can't believe this place is still here."

   "You got to be kidding me." Three glanced to the left, to see a woman stood staring at them, looking far from impressed.

   "So a hybrid walks into a bar, say to the bartender--"

   "Stop." The woman quickly cut Klaus off, looking far from amused like he did. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She warned him, earning a snicker from Audrey. Her gaze fell onto Stefan. "I remember you."

   "Yeah. You're Gloria." Stefan nodded in recognition. "Shouldn't you be..."

   "Old and dead?" Gloria rose a knowing brow. "Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

   "Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus informed Stefan and Audrey.

   "I can slow the ageing down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." Gloria explained, before her eyes fell onto Audrey. "Now, when he told me about you, I wasn't sure if to believe him." She mused, glancing back at Klaus. "Now, don't tell me I made you that necklace for you not to give it to her."

   Audrey bit her tongue as Klaus looked at her, narrowing his eyes when he saw the necklace was missing. "Audrey, where is it?" With a sigh, she pulled it from her pocket, holding it up from them all to see. She didn't say anything, preparing for the lecture that was about to come. Up until this moment, neither him or Stefan had noticed she'd taken it off, which she saw as a good thing. "Why aren't you wearing it?" She remained silent, testing his patience's further. "Audrey!"

   "Because it's freaked me out, okay?" The Gilbert girl snapped, throwing her hands up. "It started glowing when we were in the mountains, and then suddenly, I'm running at inhuman speed into a tree!"

   "You're soulmates to an vampire, darling. An original at that." Gloria reminded her, carefully taking the necklace from her hands. "This blocks the effects those pesky daggers have on you, but it also strengthens your bond to Elijah, even in his current state. The speed? That's just a taste of all the vampire perks it will give you access to." She explained, carefully latching it back around Audrey's neck. "Don't you worry, I'll explain it more while you're here." She then looked back at Klaus. "Why are you here?"

   Klaus sighed, shaking his head at the doppelganger slightly, before looking at her and Stefan. "Why don't you two go and fix us up something from behind the bar?" He said, more an order than a suggestion.

   "Yeah, sure thing." Stefan nodded, taking the hint. 

   Audrey followed him over to the bar, leaving Klaus and Gloria alone to talk. She perched herself on a bar stool, her fingers fiddling with the necklace, as Stefan picked through the alcohol selection. She could see he was listening into whatever conversation was going on, but she was too distracted with other thoughts to press him for details. All she wanted to do now was talk to Gloria, who clearly knew more than she'd been able to find through random books over the course of the summer. Other than Elijah himself, she was the only one that could give her the answers she wanted. 

   "What is this?" She looks up, to see Stefan holding up a photo for them all to see. 

   It was an old photo of Stefan, stood with Klaus at the bar, their arms slung around each others shoulders. The photo put a smirk back on the hybrids face. "Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."

   "But this is me." Stefan stated, the photo leaving him confused. "With you."

   As Klaus made no attempt to answer, Gloria cut in, getting to her feet. "Bring me Rebekah, then we'll talk." She told him, before leaving into the back. 

   Klaus walked toward the either, Stefan following with the photo still gripped tightly in his hands, and Audrey sighed and ran to catch up to the pair.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   "This doesn't make any sense? Why don't I remember you?"

   The entire journey back to the warehouse, Stefan had been demanding answers to questions Klaus refused to answer. Audrey followed behind both of them, picking up her pace slightly in an attempt to keep up, listening silently as they bickered back and forth. 

   "You said it yourself." Klaus shrugged, not looking at him. "That time had a lot of dark holes."

   Stefan grew more frustrated. "No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?"

   "I'm a little busy right now." Klaus brushed him off. "Memory lane will have to wait."

   Stefan lost his temper at that, grabbing his arm and forcing him to stop and face him. "What the hell is going on? Answer me." He demanded, his frustration finally getting the better of him. 

   Klaus looked at him dangerously for a moment, pushing his hand off him silently. "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start." He began, his tone deep and eerily calm. "To be honest, I hated you."

   He then began to explain when he met Stefan in the 1920's, who at the time, was dating a girl called Rebekah. The same one Gloria had sent them to get. It turns out, she was Klaus' younger sister, which was part of the reason the pair didn't get along when they met. Stefan and Rebekah were at the bar, feeding on a woman when Klaus interrupted, the two men  butting heads over the younger Mikaelson. 

   "Your sister." The Salvatore put the pieces together. "So I knew another original vampire."

   "If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus stated bluntly, before walking over to where five coffins were stored away on shelves. Audrey felt her chest heat slightly as the necklace began to grow, something pushing her in the direction of one specific coffin. Noticing, the hybrid quickly sped in front of her, blocking her path. "Not time yet, sweetheart."

   "But--" Cutting her off, he grabbed her shoulder gently, steering her in the direction of a different coffin. He lifted the lid, revealing a blonde laid inside, wearing a beaded white flapper dress. Blood stained around where the dagger sat in her chest, her skin grey with veins protruding through. Audrey tilted her head, taking in the sight of Rebekah Mikaelson curiously. "She's pretty."

   Klaus smiled at her. "Be sure to say that to her face, love. It will make her warm up to you quicker." 

   "I don't recognize her." Stefan said as he joined them.

   "Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine." With that, he pulled the dagger out of her chest, looking at his little sister with a gentle expression. One Audrey hadn't seen him give anyone but her. "Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah." He rolled his eyes as the desiccation didn't fade any quicker. "She's being dramatic."

   "Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on?" Stefan asked him bluntly. "I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?"

   "Well, you do have many useful talents." Klaus mused.

   "Do I?"

   The original nodded. "In fact, I learned some of my favourite tricks from you. I was your number one fan."

   The story that followed made Audrey feel slightly sick. She thought she was used to it, that she couldn't be phased after all she'd witnessed the last few months. Yet, this story reminded her that she still just a human caught up within all of this. When they were getting to know each other, the two originals and Stefan were confronted by a man, who was the husband of the women they'd been feeding from. After Liam threatened to call the cops on Stefan, for fun, Stefan forced the man to drink his wife's blood. 

   "Oh God..." Audrey trailed off, shaking her head at the thought.

   Stefan gave him a look. "Why should I believe any of this?"

   Klaus stops in front of a security guard, compelling him. "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's bar." He ordered him, pointing to where Rebekah laid in her coffin. "Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die." And the guard nodded in agreement.

   Audrey furrowed her brow at him. "Where are you going?"

   "Stefan thinks I'm lying." He began, looking at the Salvatore vampire. "You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you."

   "How?" Stefan asked, skeptical. 

   "We're going to your old apartment." He pulled something from his pocket, tossing it to Audrey, who caught it with ease. She glanced at it, and upon seeing it was his wallet, looked at him in confusion. "We'll meet you back at the bar, love. Feel free to treat yourself to anything you'd like along the way."

   With that, the pair left, leaving Audrey staring at the wallet in disbelief. She felt her necklace heat up again, and her eyes flickered over to Elijah's coffin, closing her eyes and letting out a deep sigh. Forcing herself to look away, she left the warehouse, knowing attempting to wake him wouldn't end well for him or for her.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Audrey decided to make the most of having Klaus' wallet. Shopping was a nice break and distraction from everything going on, and Chicago didn't have a shortage of stores to visit. She mainly stuck to bookstores, buying ones she knew she'd love, and ones she'd be able to go back to when she was bored. She browsed some different clothing stores, but shopping for a new outfit didn't feel right without Caroline at her side, who always gave her honest opinion on whatever Audrey picked up. 

   She took her time going back to the bar, dropping everything she bought at the hotel they were staying at first. She arrived just as Stefan disappeared, making his way out one of the other exits. 

   "Where's he gone?" She raised a brow at Klaus.

   "A real drink." He answered, looking as she slipped onto the bar stool beside him. "Had fun?"

   "I got some books." She nodded, passing him his wallet back. "Did your field trip convince Stefan?"

   "It got him asking questions." Klaus answered cryptically. "So we're taking a break from memory lane for now." He nodded over to Gloria, who placed a drink down in front of Audrey. "Drink up. We need to go see what's taking Rebekah so long."

   "Last call!" Gloria called out to the busy bar. "Drink 'em up!"

   "I see they've opened up the doors to the riff raff now." 

   Audrey furrowed a brow at Klaus' words, and turned to see Damon now stood at the bar with them, her eye going wide in surprise. She gave the the eldest Salvatore a look, but he ignored her, smirking toward the hybrid. "Oh, honey, I've been called worse."

   "You don't give up, do you?" Klaus mused, raising a brow at him. 

   Damon shook his head. "Give my brother and Audrey back, you'll never have to see me again."

   Klaus looked at him for a long moment, before looking at the Gilbert girl, who gave him a pleading look. She knew Damon could only push him so far, and the last thing she wanted was for him to get himself killed. "Well, I am torn." He tutted. "You see, I promised Stefan and Audrey I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..."

   "What can I say?" Klaus reaches out wraps his hand around Damon's neck, making the Salvatore choke on his words. "I'm a thrill seeker."

"Oh, dear, what was that?" Klaus asked, grabbing a toothpick from the bar. He lifts the raven haired man off the floor, keeping a tight grip around his neck. "I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries." 

   "Klaus, stop!" Audrey begged, as he began to stab the toothpick into his stomach. "Klaus, please. He'll go. Just let him go."

   "No, that's not it, hmm." Klaus ignored her, making Damon groan in pain as continued to stab him. "Ooh, almost." He mused, angling the pick up toward his heart.

   "You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan and Audrey. I'm much more fun."

   Klaus throws him backwards, making Damon crash into tables and clatter to the ground, with broken wood scattered around him. Grabbing the remnants of a chair leg, Klaus towers above him, preparing the makeshift stake. "You won't be any fun after you're dead."

   "Klaus!" Audrey shouted desperately.

   Before the original could finish the job, the stake in his hand sets alight, causing him to throw it away with a grunt. He narrows his eyes toward Gloria. "Really?" He asked in annoyance.

   "Not in my bar." Gloria told the two vampires firmly. "You take it outside."

   Damon tries to sit up but Klaus pushes him back down and looks at him. "You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back." He began in a low voice. "As for Audrey, she is family now, and will never be left to you and your friends to care for again. A pitiful excuse of care, I must say so." Taking his hand off Damon, he walks away, the Gilbert staring at Damon a long moment before following after him. 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Telling Stefan and Audrey to wait outside, Klaus made his way into the warehouse, approaching where Rebekah's coffin sat. The coffin was wide open and empty, the dead, bloody body of the guard laying on the floor still. 

   Klaus paused and looked around the room slowly. "Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are."

   Suddenly, the blonde original rushes out and appears in front of him, stabbing the dagger into his chest. "Go to hell, Nik!"

   Gasping in pain, Klaus let out a grunt as pulled the dagger out, the wound healing instantly. Holding the dagger out in front of him, he drops it to the ground, giving his sister a look. "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me."

   "Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more." Rebekah snapped, turning and walking away from him.

   Rolling his eyes, he stepped in front of her, stopping her in her tracks. "I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once." He said, a hint of warning to his tone, before glancing toward the door. "Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in."

   Stefan walks inside, a blank look plastered across his face. A look of awe appeared in Rebekah's eyes, staring at the Salvatore in disbelief. "Stefan..."

   Klaus walks in front of him, placing his hand on his shoulder as he looked in his eyes. "Now you remember everything."

   Recognition flashes through Stefan's eyes, as the compulsion took immediate effect, memories running through his mind. He stared back at Rebekah, walking closer as it set in who she was. "Rebekah..."

   "Stefan." 

   Stopping, he turns to look back at Klaus, more memories hitting him. "I remember you. We were friends."

   "We are friends." Klaus correct him. His eyes flickered between Stefan and his sister, before looking back over to the door. "Come out, love. No need to be shy." He called out.

   Hesitantly, Audrey walked inside and into view of the three, her eyes meeting with Rebekah's instantly. A look of distaste appeared on the blondes face, glaring at the Gilbert girl. "Why the bloody hell isn't she dead, Nik?" She asked her brother. "She's the doppelganger, after all."

   "Now, now, Rebekah." He told her calmly, resting his hands down on Audrey's shoulders. "Be nice. Audrey is family." He gave her a knowing look. "She's the one the witch spoke of all those years ago." 

   Rebekah's eyes went wide. "She's linked to one of us?"

   "To Elijah, to be exact." Klaus nodded in confirmation. "The doppelganger is very much dead, trust me. There were two, twins, in fact." He moved Audrey closer, despite her slight protests. "Rebekah, this is Audrey Gilbert. Audrey, this is my little sister, Rebekah."

   Rebekah kept her gaze narrowed on Audrey, and began to circle around her, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. "Well...I suppose she is a pretty little thing." Rebekah mused after a moment. She then wrapped a arm around Audrey's shoulder, making the girl look at her in surprise. "We could do with another girl in the family. Far too many boys."

   Klaus rolled his eyes at the comment, before looking at his sister. "Now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the Original witch."

   Rebekah raised a brow at him. "The original witch?"

   "What do you have that Gloria needs?"

   She brings her hand up to touch her neck, her eyes going wide in alarm as she realizes something is missing. "Where's my necklace?" She demands, walking back over and searching her coffin desperately. "What did you do with it? I never take it off!"

   "I don't know." Klaus shrugged. "I didn't touch it."

   "We need to find it, Nik! I want it back!"

   Klaus's eyes darken in realization. "Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!" He yells, not even attempting to hide the anger in his tone. 

   With a frustrated yell, Rebekah throws her coffin to the ground, breaking it into pieces.

You'd think with lock down I'd be getting updates written quicker. But I'm just procrastinating, which is annoying. But I'm going to try and break that cycle, and get another update out today. But Audrey has met Rebekah, which is gonna be one fun pairing to write, and she's learned more from Gloria about Elijah and the necklace.

I hope you all enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6.9K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
157K 3.6K 79
[𝖮𝖭 𝖦𝖮𝖨𝖭𝖦] ❝ 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋? ❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝖻𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂...
573K 21.1K 45
𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 | ❝ 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞? ❞...
557K 14.3K 63
❝ You brought out a side of me I didn't even know I had ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [3x15 - TBA] cover credit; @argentsvogue