Marigold

Від Yoonworks

Second Generation : Secret Series #1 Mari Gold, the oldest of two siblings... Daughter of the two most powerf... Більше

Second Generation: Secret Series Notice
2nd Gen Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

14

4.5K 227 106
Від Yoonworks

Mari's POV

"We did not sleep together, Dad,"

Dad's eyes squinted a little as he studies my expression. Z had long gone home since he woke up earlier this morning. That is even after Mom asked him to stay for breakfast.

"Stop pressuring her, Jungkook and sit down before I hit you square in the face,"

My dad gave me a last glance before he sat back in his chair. He can never ignore the words of my mother. Latch smirked but still continued to eat.

A soft snicker came out of my lips and before focusing back on my cereals.

"He should have slept in Latch's room and not yours,"

I raised an eyebrow at his words and look at mom.

"Jungkook, you carried the boy to Mari's room last night saying something about Latch snoring so he better sleep with Mari,"

I checked Dad's reaction and almost laughed at him as he looked like he wanted to fart or something.

"Thankfully, you put him on the couch instead of my bed," I added. I could have said that sleeping next Z is nothing new to me especially since we slept on the same bed before but seeing how Dad's face had been turning paler and paler, I decided to keep that to myself.

"If you're that worried about him, why did you made him drink too much that he can't even walk straight,"

My Dad's eyes widened. Yep, the same bunny eyes Latch has and the whole world was once captivated. Or perhaps until now.

"Yah! me? It was his father who gave him multiple shots!"

"Dad, you did half the job. Do you remember giving me my own glass?" Latch chimed in and I shake my head a little. Dad's eyes widened. Latch was just a little over seventeen.

"You gave me one too, three shots to be exact. You were too drunk, Dad. You, uncle V and uncle Yoongles were twerking in the living room. Do you even know that Y was recording everything?"

My father gawked at my words. Last night was really a sight to see. Our uncles made everyone drunk, Aunt Joohyun had to pick them up and drive them all home. Thank God, we really don't live far from each other's places.

"What are you doing?" Mom asked Dad, her brows furrowed as my father frantically typed on his phone.

"I'm texting Namjoon hyung. I can't possibly take all the blame on this," He was so adorable, and I can't help but laugh. After all, he's their baby.

After our meal, I went back to my room so I can prepare to go to school. My eyes drifted back on the couch Z had used last night. My cheeks blushed red the moment I remembered his words before Dad not so kindly pulled him towards the elders. By the end of the night, Y, Xander, and Latch were drinking with our uncles too.

I didn't really get to talk to Z and after what happened, I honestly don't know what to say. My hand reaches my chest as I remember how nervous he looked while holding those flowers. 

I gulped, my body shivering with just the mere thought of it.

I have never seen Z that nervous his whole life. Not even when he was trying to shake off aunt Jen when he enrolled him on a ballet class when we were young. She thought Z wanted to do it. I'm not even sure how aunt Jen thought Z wanted that but she ended up laughing when she heard that Z said he's dropping the class the moment his mom was no longer around.

Aunt Jen apologized to and Z afterward with uncle V smirking altogether. Both his parents were laughing over the mishap. It turns out, Aunt Jen misheard something.

They have a very cool family if I may describe it.

Shaking those thoughts, I went inside my restroom to do my stuff. I have classes in less than two hours.

Humming another of my favorite songs. I took my time showering. I wanted to clear my mind.

"Why?" I lifted my head and let the cold shower wash away my worries. My heart feels heavier than it usually does since last night.

To be honest, I don't really know what to do and I'm just too lost.

Why is Z suddenly doing this? I mean, we've known each other for too long, even before I started to count. He is my best friend. Sure we shared a kiss last time but I was already in the process of pulling myself together.

Without even realizing, I started touching my lips, that kiss I thought I already forgot suddenly bugging me now.

"Why did you let him kiss you in the first place? Why do you have to be that jealous best friend and started to be so clingy?" 

My eyes closed as I wipe the water off my face.

And then I remember Lennox, how he asked for my permission... How he didn't try acting differently towards me from the start and how he never tried pleasing me just because I am a Jeon.

I turned off the shower and sigh. Despite the evident coldness, I was starting to feel numb.

Settling for tight-fitting pants this time and a red tank top, I was on my way to the school bopping over some indie song on the radio I didn't know the title was. 

Dad was giving me so many tips for dating needlessly. From the corner of my eyes though, I saw Mom behind Dad, waving her hands as if telling me that Dad sucks at it. I wanted to ask why she still chose him though but decided not to argue. I knew Mom and Dad will just end up getting all mushy and that will really make me cringe.

The moment I parked my car, I grunted internally when I saw Lennox leaning beside his own, a few meters away from where I parked mine. And since my car wasn't heavily tinted, I can clearly see how he was smiling just by looking at my direction.

And what I hated, even more, was the fact that he looks dashing in a white long jumper that he pulled upwards. His tight-fitting pants partnered with black boots makes him more appealing as he stood there, crossing his arms.

"Oh God, Mari!" I whispered to myself. I rested my head on the steering wheel.

Fuck! Why am I feeling this way now?

Should I tell him not to court me? But what should I tell him?

"Ah, Appa!!!" I started whining. 

And how about Z? I can't tell him not to court me. Despite the fact that I don't really know what I truly feel for him, I also have this fear of our friendship getting ruined in case our relationship doesn't work out.

I was startled when I heard the sound of knocking from the outside. My eyes widened when I saw Lennox raising his eyebrows. He was looking at me amused and I wanted to kill myself for it. 

Why am I foolishly making myself stupid in front of him?

Gathering my things, I went off my car and he was quick enough to get my books from my hand. 

"You didn't have to do this. Don't you have a class?" 

I was startled when he reached for my left hand and intertwined it with his. I stopped from my tracks in surprise and tried pulling away from him a little but he didn't let me.

I quickly checked our surroundings and almost cursed when I saw a lot of students looking at us. 

My heart was beating rapidly I was afraid it'll jump out of my chest any minute. 

"Yah!" I hissed at him in panic but he just winked and started walking once again. 

"Are you crazy?" I asked him, my other hand trying to hide my face but that didn't make me feel better. 

Before we can even turn a corner, the sound of my phone ringing caught my attention. I stopped from my tracks making him halt as well. I wanted to get my phone out of the left front pocket of my pants but he refused to let go. 

"Oh my God." I glared at him but he just shrugged his shoulders. "I can't believe this," 

I struggled to take my phone out and when I saw Z's name, I visibly froze in front of Lennox. Suddenly, I felt my body shivering and my heart immediately sunk straight to the ground like it was forced thrown there. Why am I suddenly feeling so guilty?

I met Lennox's stare and before I even knew it, I was already answering Z's call with my eyes locked to the man in front of me. 

"Where are you?" I was startled when I heard Z's stern voice. Again, it was like something inside me was going wild. Perhaps it was because of last night?

For some reason, a huge lump seemed to have gotten stuck on my throat. 

"I-In my c-class?" I didn't know why I stutter but I did. Why is it suddenly hard to breathe?

I was even more shocked when I heard his next question. 

"Are you sure?"

I got silent for a moment, my eyes drifting back to Lennox and I's intertwined hands. 

Fuck.

And I did. I fucking lied to Z. I lied to him when I never did in the past. 

"Okay..."

I can hear how dejected he sounded and it scares me. There was something in his voice that makes me so nervous. 

"Where are you?" I asked. I feel like I needed to know at least.

"In my class too," he answered. 

Lennox raised his eyebrows as if asking me if the call will take longer. 

"I'm hanging up. Enjoy your meal later," he added and unlike how he usually does, he didn't wait for me to end the call. For the first time in my life, Z cut our phone call from his end. 

My chest clenched painfully. I feel like I did something wrong. 

I stared at my phone for a few seconds. Why does it feel like I did something horrible?

And why did you actually have to lie, Mari?

"Let's go?" Lennox whispered and I nodded. My heart feels heavier and heavier. 

It wasn't even ten steps when I saw Y walking past us. He didn't call me like he usually does. It's impossible that he didn't notice me because he knew me too well. And he told me it's pretty much hard not to notice my current hair color. 

Why is he alone? 

"H-Heron!" I don't know why I got scared of calling his name. I thought he didn't hear me because he did a few more steps before slowing down, then finally turning around. He looked at me like he was bored. The usual playfulness I was used to seeing in him no longer present. 

"Jeon," he answered. I felt chills at how cold he sounded. I wasn't sure if it was simply my imagination but his eyes landed on Lennox and I's intertwined hands. 

I gulped. Fuck

"Where's Z?" 

He didn't see me, right? He didn't. 

He tilted his head a little and chuckled. "Weren't you just talking to him thirty seconds ago?" he asked, a smirk now forming on his lips. 

"He was with you?" I asked confused. Y knew I just talked to his twin. If Y was just behind us, then?

He nodded.

"He told me he's in his class! He lied to me?" I asked confused. 

Y's faked his laughter. He was looking at me like I grew another head. "Are you serious?"

I didn't respond and I watch him brushing his hair backward. "You lied to him too, Jeon. The golden rule, huh?" he chuckled. He gave Lennox a salute before turning his back once again leaving me in a mess. 

So Z saw us? He knew I was lying...

My eyes closed for a moment. 

Oh, God. What do I do now?

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.3K 385 35
This story is about two fairies who where twins but got separated after a war took place in fairy land and where sent away to protect them and now t...
7.4K 47 13
The story of Lee Jaemi, who moves in with her best friend and is 4 friends. Coming back from the states, Jaemi has had a rough past. Her parents died...
4K 113 55
Marigold Esther Hawthorne is a twenty-five years old woman who lives inisde of a company that is called Digital Animation Company and there she has h...
182K 4.4K 32
She has ice in her veins but a heart of gold. He has fire in his blood and a heart of silver. Peter Pevensie and his siblings are sent away for the...