18

Mari's POV

Hearing him speak, I simply lost it. This time, I wasn't drunk but I was probably feeling a little dizzy due to the medicine but I'm sure as hell I was god darn happy when I heard his voice.

So I lost it.

I started crying and I couldn't hide that from him. I covered my face and cried.

I was having a breakdown. The thoughts of losing him started filling my mind, that moment I saw him with someone else, those days I wasn't able to talk to him and hear his voice... Not being able to see him and the fact that he didn't really contact me between those days...

"Fuck,"

In a flash, he was able to scoop me from my bed and the next thing I knew, I was sitting on his lap, my body wrapped around his arms as I bury my face on his chest.

"Shh, baby, I'm here..." he whispered

I was crying there, to the point that it has gotten so loud so I wasn't surprised the room burst open.

"What's happening?!" my father roared in anger when he saw me crying. 

"Kook, let them talk," I heard Mom. They were exchanging banters and at one point, I heard Dad saying something about his little girl crying and I felt so bad getting him worry.

My Father can be so playful but I know he'd go crazy if it's about me and Latch.

Mom must have convinced Dad because they both went out after, closing the door so Z and I were left alone.

"Baby, stop crying... Please... I hate seeing you cry...," he was brushing my hair with his hand and I felt him kiss my forehead.

Somehow, it calmed me down a little but I was still crying.

I removed my hands off my face and wrapped around his body tightly, afraid that he'll go if I don't hold into him.

And then, he removed his hand on my head and started wiping the tears on my cheeks.

I was hiccupping, having a hard time catching my breath as I try to calm down and stop crying.

"Good girl..." he whispered. He was just cooing me, whispering sweet words that started to melt my heart.

How he can easily calm me down beats me. His touch calms my nerves and just hearing his voice makes me feel at ease.

I have never felt how impactful Z's presence to me until now. It's like he can easily take control of my emotions. Like, losing him is like losing a piece of me too.

When I finally stopped crying, he effortlessly lifted me and had me seated properly so he can see my face well. And then, his hands reached for my cheeks, cupping them fully while drying the tears on my cheeks. I was still sniffling.

"Why were you crying?" he asked softly. My lips quiver as I try to avoid his stare.

I bit my lower lip and wasn't able to respond.

A long sigh escaped his lips. "Did he hurt you?" I heard him ask.

Wait, is he talking about Lennox?

With that in mind, I shook my head to answer.

"Then was it because you weren't feeling well?"

I didn't give any reaction. It is true that I wasn't feeling so well but that's mainly because of those ideas that had started to cloud my thoughts.