20

Mari's POV

"Where are we going?" my eyes drifted away from his gaze as I try to focus more on the surroundings, our car passing an unfamiliar route.

It was Saturday and he came to our house early in the morning to fetch me. Thank God Dad isn't around and Mom was just so cool about it. Latch isn't home too. Z said he might be with Elle as their youngest said she needs to buy some stuff.

"Somewhere," he whispered. From the corner of my eyes, I saw how he was giving me side glances but I decided not to look at his direction.

To be honest, I'm still feeling a little awkward about everything.

That night, he told me he will be courting me formally, but considering everything that had happened, how we already kissed and all, I don't really know if him courting me is still valid.

Zammy said we're practically dating! But I can't ask Z that. It's weird and my heart can't handle that.

That very same night, Dad called us back inside. He had been peaking like a perv - as Mom said - and him seeing us hugging outside burns his eyes - again, Mom's words.

I shifted from my seat, as I view the surroundings his car kept passing. I was wearing a loose black shirt - his shirt, and a pair of black shorts underneath.

"There are chocolates and candies, on the backseat," I heard him say and I turned my attention back to him. My brows furrowed a little. "And chips too," he added.

I was too quick to turn around and even saw a blanket.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. Z only bring this stuff whenever we're about to travel for more than two hours.

I saw him bit his lower lip, his other hand now pressed on his cheek as his elbow leans on the side.

"My Mom asked me to pick up something from their favorite store. And your mom said you should accompany me,"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, and it's quite far. We'll have to travel at least four hours,"

My lips parted at what he just said.

"Yahhhh!!!" I screamed. "Four hours? I have a class later!" I told him and he just chuckled.

"No, you don't. Your professor just attended a conference yesterday,"

"How do you even know that?" I hissed.

"Because I was supposed to be one of the student attendees but I declined,"

Right. Z is a model student. He probably has the best grades in his class or maybe, year but he doesn't really enjoy it when the school sends him to seminars and such. He finds it boring.

I glared at him. Why do I feel like he planned all of this?

"Hey, it's true. I think it's their gift to Aunt Chae," he added, soft chuckles escaped his lips.

My gaze never left his. Aunt Chae's birthday is indeed in a few days but still, they could have asked for it to be delivered. Why do we have to get it personally?

"Fine, I wanted to take you out on a date too so I volunteered. Dad was supposed to do it," he added and that made my cheeks turn into crimson red.

If it wasn't enough, he had to make my heart flutter even more.

"Can't I take my baby out on a date?"

"Stop teasing me," I scolded him before heading in the back to grab the blanket and the chips he was talking about. He had brought all sorts of my favorite.

"I'm not teasing you though. I mean it,"

My breath hitch at his words. I didn't bother responding. My heart was racing inside my chest.

Since I started acknowledging my feelings for him, Z seemed to be getting extra attractive in my eyes. His lips seemed even redder than before and his eyes always mesmerize me.

The entire car ride, it's either I eat or sleep. At one point, I started playing with my phone too.

"Mari..."

"Hmm?" I answered without looking at his direction.

"I love you,"

My head automatically snapped to his direction and he just gave me a glance before giving me and a warm smile.

What the-

"We're here," he uttered and I felt the car stopping. He removed his seatbelt before looking at me. And I was too out of focus that's why when he lean forward, I was unable to move. His movements were so swift and the next thing I knew, his lips were already on my forehead.

I gulped. He even leans forward and removed my seatbelt for me.

I felt him cupping my cheeks before grinning, "My baby is even more beautiful when you're blushing," and then he did it, he gave me a quick peck on the lips and that's more than enough for my brain to short circuit.

I was unable to move. My heart was hammering inside my chest and I can't function properly.

How am I able to survive a whole day with him now?

"S-stop doing that," I whispered to him. We were still inside his car.

"What? Making you feel loved? Not happening," he grinned. He opened the car door on his side and went out of the car. I watch as he jogged his way to my side and opened it for me.

Jesus Christ, why does he have to be extra sweet now?

He guided me outside and in front of us was a shop.

I grimaced at how sophisticated the shop looked. I checked what I was wearing. Compared to Z who was wearing tight-fitting pants and a polo shirt, I look like someone who's just passing by.

He seemed to have realized what I was thinking and pulled me even closer. He put his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"You look best with my clothes on you. Plus, your pretty face can put any artist into shame baby," he whispered. By this time, I've noticed a few people getting attracted to our presence. It's like lunchtime and we're in front of a very busy district. I didn't even realize that a valet had already taken Z's car.

"Let's go?" he whispered before leading me to a very luxurious jewelry store.

A small smile escaped on my lips as I realized how many envious eyes were following our movements.

Great, Mom said I inherited golden and royal genes. Plus, I have someone who's family is loved by both Chanel and GUCCI with me.

Yep, confidence baby.