2

Mari's POV

"Hey, Gold," My lips automatically puckered when I felt an arm resting on my shoulder, a familiar scent filling in my nose, a scent I'm not really fond of. 

I didn't even bother looking. Instead, I gave my books to him rather forcefully that it hit his chest, a loud whoof coming out of his mouth. Nonetheless, he still took the books from me like he always does.

"What got you grumpy early this morning?" Y asked and I just grunted.

"Latch took off in my car. One day I'm going to kill him with my bare hands," I gritted my teeth in annoyance, and his laughter echoed along the hallway. 

My eyes caught the stares we are getting from the students. Something we're kinda used to. People always stare at us. They always do because to them, we're not just some students. We're those kids - the privileged ones. 

Little do they know...

"So that's why Z was so grumpy this morning. He was walking like a zombie to his car when he doesn't even have a class today,"

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Are you expecting me to wake up my father and drive me to school? That's like me bringing my own father to his deathbed. You know how people still go crazy over them even now," 

Y pulled me a little closer when a group of freshmen suddenly came out of one room, all giddy. I had to stop myself from snarling because, why not? Maybe I can spare these kids with my bitchiness, huh?

One kid almost slipped and Y's reflex was fast enough to prevent her from having her ass on the ground.

At that, her eyes focused on Y, her eyes widening, a reaction not really new to my eyes. 

Ahh, poor kid. 

Y, as much as I hate to admit it, has that kind of effect - like Z, Latch, Xander - heck, probably like every man I know that is close to me. They may have differences in appeal but at the end of the day, girls still swoon over their looks. Even Dimitri has tons of admirers since he was what, six?

I watch as her face started to change in color, her lips parting and a few of her classmates realizing what just happened. The sound of a few girls squealing slowly irritating my ears. But I stood still as I watch this painfully unfold in front of me.

Like always...

And like the usual scenario, the girl in front of us helplessly opens her lips, then closes it again, unable to utter a word.

And Y, even though he's known to be intimidating, is still nothing but a ladies man. Of course, that is because uncle V had been insisting so kindly that the twins should treat girls with so much respect. And Y confidently smiling at the girl is part of uncle V's very helpful words of wisdom. 

He lifted his hand and messes the girl's hair. 

"I love you," the girl muttered unconsciously. 

Not again...

Expectantly, I look at Y's direction and almost grimaced as he whispered the very words that will surely mark the end of the girl's slightest possibility, if there is any, of having a relationship in the future. Because, as Y nonchalantly says those words, it holds the hope and somewhat desperation of the girl that someday, Y will fall in love with her. 

Which leads us back to Y breaking another poor girl's heart.

Like a record, I heard Y whispered to the girl, "I love you too,"