17

Mari's POV

"Why the hell are you crying?" Y asked, his brows furrowed as he came to our usual spot. He stood in front of me, his eyes wandering among the people who had been staying with me. I'm not even surprised by how he found out.

I skipped my classes because I won't stop crying. Lennox went back to the school with me but as Zammy and Atlantis saw me, I just ended up crying the entire time. Lennox had to go to his class but I don't even care.

"Who made her cry?" Xander came and sat beside Atlantis.

Atlantis scratch the back of her head and wasn't able to respond.

"I didn't do it, idiot. I haven't even talked to your sister for a week," Y said as he talks on his phone.

Was that my brother?

My gaze landed on my lap. I was wearing black leggings and a yellow crop top which I paired with a denim jacket.

Why is Z dating another girl now? I mean, didn't he ask for my permission and said he will court me?

"I'm hanging up. Whatever," I heard Y answered.

"Fuck, Ashton's coming. Why did you call him?" Y turned to Zammy who just grinned.

"Because I need a ride anyways. What's he coming here two hours earlier?"

"You do know that Ashton has a job, right?" Xander asked.

"Why is she crying?" I heard Louise's soft voice. And before I knew it, she was already hugging me.

It looks like someone left a message in our group chat about me. I'm betting it was Zammy.

Instead of answering, I ended up crying even more.

Fuck, why can't I stop?

The moment Zammy said those words earlier, I have never felt scared like this my entire life. Sure I have thought about that before, especially when we were in the villa but half the time, I was drunk. And the other half, I was so damn sure Z won't stop talking to me.

By this time, I can see a few people looking at our direction so I turned to my right so I can hide my face to Louise.

"How do you make her stop?"

"What even happened?"

"She just came here with Lennox and then the next thing we knew, she was bawling her eyes out,"

"Did he hurt her?" I can hear the annoyance in Y's voice.

"I don't think so," Atlantis interjected. "Lennox was trying to coo her and make her stop crying too but she won't,"

"Huh? What's her deal then?" Y asked and I pulled Louise closer and cried silently in her arms.

"I wanna go home..." I whispered. I don't think I have the energy to attend any more classes. My heart feels so heavy right now and I bet my eyes were swollen from all the crying.

"Are you guys sure Zammy didn't smack her or something?"

"Or let me just hit you for real Heron and we can all die happy?"

I wasn't looking but I was sure Zammy was smiling when she said those words.

Soon enough, Ashton came and as always, a lot of students were looking at him. He already graduated but he's still popular in our school.

Actually, he may be the most popular among us kids since he's the first in our generation. He got a taste of the limelight especially after he was introduced to the public, though I was pretty sure everybody tried to keep him off the public's eyes as much as possible. But growing up with famous parents will never be easy.