16

Mari's POV

The following days were excruciatingly painful. I never knew not being able to talk to him for days will kill me. 

Lennox came to our house and asked for Dad's permission to court me. And of course, dad had to call his entire squad just for the sake of it. Uncle V, much to my surprise was smirking, saying something about having a good competition. Uncle Yoongi came in super annoyed though. He even smacked my father when he came in. Zammy said her Mom had to wake up Uncle so he was pissed off. 

They were the living room and I wasn't even able to properly talk to Lennox too. For one, I hate the fact that he came to our house without telling me nor asking for my permission. Things haven't been working in my favor these days too. And the fact that I had to deal with all of these dramas right now is making me stress even more. 

I don't even remember how Lennox was able to get home. I feel like one of the kids had to drive him home because Dad had gotten him drunk too. 

Latch was having the best days of his life seeing me so stress. 

The next day, Dad asked me about Lennox and I just don't have the energy to tell him things about the man because I don't exactly know Lennox too. 

The girls were all talking to me but the guys seemed to have made a pact and I haven't been seeing them lately, except Dimitri who came into our house the other day with her mom. 

It's been a week now and I'm really having a very hard time. I can't call Z now because I don't even know what to say now. 

I know I lied. I know I did and I am aware that he hates it, but I am so clueless now of what to do. 

And I miss him. I fucking do. 

"Where are you?" Zammy called. I was just getting off my car then. I headed straight to the entrance with my books with me. It wasn't even two minutes when I saw Lennox once again. A long sigh escaped my lips. 

He was walking towards my direction and I ended up stopping midway and decided to wait for him instead. 

"Can I call you back?" I told Zammy before ending the call. 

"Do you have a class?? I uttered, the moment he stopped in front of me. He shook his head in response so I spoke once again. "Can we talk?" I still have at least one hour to waste before my first class. 

Lennox raised his eyebrows but nodded nonetheless. When he moved forward to take my books, I just let him and didn't want to have an unwanted discussion about it. 

We ended up in the same cafe we were the first time he asked for my permission. 

"I haven't seen you these past few days..." He started. 

I bit my lower lip and had my attention back on the frap that he bought. "I was just home after my classes," 

That's true though. I stayed at home for straight two days because I don't have classes. Then, during those times I had, I stayed in the library away from most people or go outside during my vacant so people won't see me. Then I'd go straight home after. 

"You weren't answering my messages, and calls," 

I looked at him and stared at his black orbs, the very same ones that made me feel uncomfortable ever since day one. He was sitting on a chair opposite mine. He was wearing a gray shirt, black pants, and a pair of sneakers. 

I was at a loss for words. I don't really know why I called him and what I wanted to tell him. All I know is that I am confused about what is happening. 

"You're nervous..." 

I smiled timidly at him. 

"If I'm being honest, I'm not really sure what to tell you. I mean, things had gotten out of hand since so..."

"So you want me to stop?" 

My lips parted at how nonchalant he just said those words. I stared at him and he just chuckled. 

He leans forward and had his chin resting on his hands. "It's okay, Marigold. I kinda figured that out since we were at the villa. But I was kinda hoping I still have a chance but I guess, I finally know the answer,"

My lips quiver at his words. 

"I wanted to give you a chance though," I whispered, my gaze now back on my drink. 

"But it's a fight between me and him,"

I gulped. 

"Z is my best friend," I whispered. I don't even know if I am telling it to him or more to myself. Because Z is really my best friend. But why does it feel so weird calling him my best friend now?

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows and I wasn't lost. "Is he just a best friend to you?" he asked and I wasn't able to respond. 

What do I say at this point? 

He leaned back on his chair, but his gaze still on me. "If Z suddenly calls you and introduces you to his girlfriend, what would you feel?"

Why is everybody asking me that question? Why is everyone assuming that Z will introduce me one?

"He won't do that," I said, suddenly annoyed. He looked at me amused. 

"Why though? Hypothetically, he can and someday, he would,"

My hands balled into a fist and my heart started hammering inside my chest. Just the mere thought of losing him is making me lose my cool.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, a video call coming from Atlantis. 

My brows furrowed. Atlantis doesn't really video call me if it isn't important. 

"Lan?" I greeted after answering. But Atlantis and Zammy were like fighting over the phone so I wasn't able to fully understand what is happening. 

"You wouldn't believe this, Z is walking with a girl!" I heard Zammy screaming from the background and the next thing I knew was the camera zooming in a specific direction. It was a little far but I knew every bone in Z's body. I can recognize him even if he's a thousand miles away. 

And indeed, he was walking alongside a girl, whom I don't really recognize. They were back facing us so I can't see her face.

"I guess Z found a new girl, Mari. So now you can just date that Lennox guy," Zammy added and my heart dropped on the floor. 

Fuck. 

She's joking, right?