28

Mari's POV

"No! One more lap, baby, please?"

I started laughing really loud when I heard Z groaning. That also means a few additional curses just because he can't say no. Well, he can. But Z has never said no to me. I am just that spoiled girlfriend everybody is envious of.

He went to our house a little too early to exercise with my Dad. So that means two hours of workout, I don't even understand why Dad take that long to do so when he's basically bulk up under his shirt. He's just hiding it with his bunny face that their fans still gushes about. Name a scam, Jeon Jungkook.

Z and I been together for a year and it took Dad almost six months to finally get used to the fact that I am already in a serious relationship.

Yeah, it took him that fucking long. Z had been so patient and I was always the one whining. Mom had been the best diversion so Z and I can go out freely on a date.

Now him and Z often jog around the area every morning. Uncle V likes the bond though. He said at least that made my Dad stopped pestering Uncle V to exercise with him. Like a win-win thingy, as what Aunt Jen always says, 

"C'mon Z, endurance is important. Now run another two laps. I used to do thirty with Lisa," he cheered from the balcony.

I laughed even more at what my father said. He's just so annoying sometimes whenever he gets so competitive in terms of things like this, or almost anything if I may add. 

"Baby, you know I love you and all, but doing ten laps with you on my back is close to killing me," he whispered, low enough so my father won't hear.

Adorable

At that, I jumped off his back and pulled him for a hug.

"Boomer!" my father shouted but I guess Mom did her job and made Dad shut up because I heard him whining from up there.

With a hand towel with me, I started wiping Z's beautiful face.

"You know, you don't have to accompany my father every day. Everyone knows he's just overly addicted to exercising," I told him. I had to stop myself for a moment after seeing him pout. Ever since we got together, I started seeing Z's habits adorable.

Like how he puckered his lips at times, that makes me wanna kiss him endlessly. But I can't just do that whenever I like it. Dad might kill me if he sees me kissing Z publicly.

We promised our parents we'd be lowkey. Since media also follows our every move, they want us to still have our privacy. And we're okay with that. I honestly don't like to suffer any more scandals than we already had in the last. Remembering that makes me so upset.

Z and I sat on the bench in the backyard. There are two glasses of orange juice already set on the table, a few slices of bread, strips of bacon, eggs, and two bottles of jams.

I took Z's soiled shirt and gave him a new one.

It was when he was settled that we started having our breakfast.

"You know, Y needs to toughen up if he wants to pursue Lou. Xander will surely tear him into pieces. Not to mention Uncle Jin who's overly protective of his princess. Though in all honesty, I don't really mind watching Y suffer. He had it coming for being so annoying as shit"

Z laughed at my words. I took my glass of orange juice and drank from it.

"You know Y teases you for the fun of it. Mom had scolded him so many times so please count that as your revenge," he leaned closer and wiped the corner of my lips with a tissue.

I lifted my gaze and was greeted by his beautiful smile.

Oh God, how thankful I am that Z knocked the sense out of me. I just can't imagine my life living without him.

"Do you have classes tomorrow? I heard Prof. Richards was out of the country for a seminar,"he asked.

By this time, we were already finished eating.

"I do have one in the afternoon. Prof. Richards left us things to do I might have to stay at the library then,"

We brought the plates inside and Z helped me clean them.

"It's okay, Z. You can take a rest, I can do this myself," I chuckled. He was standing beside me in front of the sink and I wanted to laugh at how awkward he looked while he tries to get the sponge from me.

"No. Just because you're the woman doesn't mean you're the only one allowed to do the chores,"

We were cutely bickering with each other when I heard the devil talking.

"Might as well get married tomorrow and get our Dad hospitalize if you two don't stop being cringey as fuck," Latch chimed in. He went straight to the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

I lifted my eyebrows, my annoyance reaching the roof in an instance.

"Talk to me after Dad finds out you're so close to flunking you major," I threatened. I told him that while he was in the middle of chugging his drink so that made him spill a little.

His eyes widened as he stared at me in pure disbelief.

"You're kidding me, right?" he whispered. I saw him gulp and that made me smirk.

"Nope, try me, bitch,"

Latch scowled and talked straight to Z. "You still have a chance to break up with her. You know, I won't hold it against you. I'm sure even Dad will totally understand," he muttered before he took a quick dash out of the kitchen.

I heard Z laughing beside me so I turned into him and grimace.

A soft smile escaped his lips and before I knew it, he had already bent down a little, his lips claiming mine.

It was just a peck but as always, my stomach felt butterflies and giraffes going crazy inside it.

Jesus, he's going to make my heart go weak at this rate.