9

Mari's POV

He is mad. That's one thing I fucking realized the moment he went out of the restroom and didn't bother looking in my direction. I was talking with my Dad over the phone but I was too distracted by the fact that Z just went out without waiting for me or even giving me the slightest idea where he was going. He doesn't normally act like that. I mean, yes - he acts like that,  but not to me.

I am his best friend! Z always gave in to whatever I want. That's how it has always been.

Even when we all went out to visit some places near the villas, he didn't walk with me. Though I was positive that he was still making an effort to check on me from time to time, this is still wasn't what I am used to.

The whole afternoon went by with us not talking. He made sure to keep a considerable distance, and Shiela - asking me to help her from time to time isn't making it easier for me either.

So when the night came and he decided to say and talk with the boys he wasn't even close with, that made me really sad. With a heavy heart, I sneaked in a bottle of beer with me and headed straight to my room.

A long sigh escaped my lips.

What should I do? I am not used to Z being like this to me and it's bothering me so much. The whole two hours, my mind was filled with thoughts of him as I continuously drink my beer. At some point, I even went outside to get another bottle.

In desperation, I reached for my phone and dialed Zamara's number. After three rings, I was startled when I heard someone else answering Zammy's phone. And it's definitely not Ash.

"Yow, Gold," my eyes closed as I heard Y's annoying voice. Even though I can't see his ugly face, I know he is smirking. I'm not even sure I am thankful I'm not seeing him.

"Please spare my ears from your annoying voice and get Zammy for me," I hissed. His laughter rang through my ears, I tried my very best to stop myself from dropping the call.

"She's in the pool. Ash is teaching her how to swim. God knows why they were even bothering. It's been almost twenty years and all Zammy can do is ten percent bubbling while the rest is just her clinging to Ash like a giant squid,"

I tried to stop myself from laughing but I wasn't successful. I can clearly picture what Y stated because it was actually true. Those swimming lessons that they have have been going on for years and anybody can tell that water isn't really Zammy's best friend. 

"Just call her coz I need to tell her something,"

"Rude," he snickered before I heard him scream at the top of his lungs and, almost curse when I heard what he said. 

"Hey, Yoon Ji! Goldilocks wants to talk to you!!!"

After a good old two minutes of everybody screaming and a few occasional cursing, Y went back to the phone and chuckled.

"Okay Mari, the princess told me to relay your message to her. Now, control your demons and tell me something juicy. I need that as a payment for all the cursing I received from Zam,"

My lips puckered at his words. I debated whether to tell him it's nothing or ask for his help. I don't really know.

But I was damn desperate I don't even care if Z is his twin.

"Okay, lemme rephrase. What did you do this time Marigold?" he asked. His voice turned a little serious, somehow, the idea that Z actually called him came into mind.

I grunted. Puffing air out of my lips, I lay flat on my bed and stared at the white ceiling.

"Z is mad at me. He's not even with me now! I mean, since when was he friendly with other people? He's outside drinking with the others!" I whisper-shouted. I kicked the blanket off of my feet and was about to go full tantrums when I remember I was actually talking with Y.