15

Mari's POV

"I'm fucked up," I whispered as I nonchalantly threw my phone on my bed before proceeding into pulling my hair out of frustration.

"Is he mad at me?" I sat down, my lips puckered and I have never wanted to wipe that annoying smirk my brother has in his face as much as I do right now.

Latch lifted his arms and stretched them, he raised an eyebrow at my words.

"You're his best friend. You very well knew how Z hate it when people lie to him. You knew that's one of the reasons why you first fought in the past. It's like, do the stupidest thing in the world but never lie to Z. Even Dimitri knew Z hates it when people lie to him,"

"It was not a big deal!" I reasoned. "He's not my boyfriend and I'm not dating Lennox too,"

"I said you lied. I never said he's mad you were dating someone else," he snickered and that made me shut up a little. He has a point though.

After that incident, everyone in the group found out what happened.

First, photos of me and Lennox holding hands circulated. Second, a few students heard what Y said and it spread like wildfire. And three, Z decided that it's fun not to talk to me and it's been what, eleven hours! It's past nine and I won't be able to sleep without talking to him.

"Y isn't responding to my messages too. I asked him where his twin was but he just left me on seen. I guess he knew you were asking. Sorry sis, I tried!" he grinned.

Heron does that. He may be playful but he never does anything that will make Z upset. He shuts up when his brother tells him to. And he gets affected whenever Z changes his mood. Maybe it's a twin-thing. Z watches over Y too, like he's always there to protect his twin.

"Check your phone because Zammy is bombarding me with messages," Latch rolled his eyes and I grabbed my phone to check on it. I've seen her messages earlier and all she did was congratulate me for finally fucking up. That asshole.

"What did I do so wrong that even she was scolding me?"

"You lied to your best friend. That's what you did,"

"I was nervous, okay? I mean, how do I tell him that someone else was courting me too? Plus Lennox grabbed my hand!"

Latch raised his eyebrows, "When did Z ever get mad to you for something that will make you happy?"

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Z loves you. That has been established the moment he informed you of his feelings the other night - though to be honest, almost everyone already knew. But, what I'm trying to say is, Z will never force himself to you. You know he will always put your happiness first, always,"

His words hit me straight in my chest. I feel so guilty and I don't know if it's because that I lied or because I never told him about Lennox.

Latch went out of my room and I ended up staying up all night. I can't sleep a wink and I swear the bags under my eyes will have a field day tomorrow.

Morning came and I barely had gotten any sleep.

"Honey, you look like you ate something funny. Did you sleep?" mom asked out of worry. I sat down on the couch and grab the nearest cushion and hugged it.

I feel so lightheaded and that's not a good thing.

"Z won't talk to her,"

I turned around and glared at my younger brother who seemed to be annoying me a lot these days.