5

Mari's POV

"No," 

My lips pouted the moment I heard Z's answer. This was the first time he said no to me and I'm not liking it. 

"Why?" I started whining. He was sitting in one of the benches where we usually hang out. Y was smirking from the other corner and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Stop smirking, you idiot," I pointed my hand at him before turning my attention back to my best friend. He was on his phone, his legs parted and I lean a little to see what he was looking at. 

Is he texting his girlfriend?

Much to my dismay, he moved back a little, hiding whatever he was checking out on his phone. This made me pout even more. 

"Really?" I asked, appalled. He just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. He just stared at me, his eyes not even wavering no matter how much I pout my lips. 

My lips parted as the sudden betrayal slowly sinks in my system. Z doesn't hide things from me. 

"You're being too nosy, Mari,"

"Shut up," I hissed towards Y who, for some reason, finds it amusing whenever Z doesn't give in to what I want. 

"You were asking too much Mari. You know uncle Kook will kill Z if he finds out you're not really going with him but with some of your friends," Zamara chimed in and crossed my arms as I glared towards Z. 

Atlantis was on the bench along with Dimitri. The two were reading books like always. Xander still has classes. Irish and Louise are probably at home since I knew they only have morning classes now and it's already past three in the afternoon. And Ash, I'm pretty sure he's still at work but I'm guessing at around five I'd be smelling his annoying ass from afar. Zammy's class ends at five and Ash is like her magical fairy - so annoying.

"It's just one day! It wouldn't hurt him!" 

"You'll be gone for three fucking days Marigold. How the hell did you get into uni when you're so bad at Math? You sure you're not flunking?"

"Yah!" I glared at Y and was almost about to throw my books to him but Z stopped me by holding my hand. That made me calm down a little. 

I gritted my teeth in annoyance as I sat beside him, his phone no longer in his hands. 

Y is so annoying. Latch tells me it's because I always pester his twin that's why he acts like that but I knew he was just annoying in nature, that's just it. Z always has his back and it annoys me even more. 

"Mari," I heard Z, and my lips quiver. 

"What?" 

"I have an exam for those two days. Can't you just ask them to change their plans and move the dates?"

I'm not really whiny at most times but I always end up being like this when I am with him. 

To be honest, I was being like this because I agreed to go on a trip with my friends but Dad will never allow me. He only trusts our uncle's kids meaning, I won't be allowed unless I drag one of the guys. Z has grades to maintain. He's one of the top students here in school and I don't want to be the reason why he'll miss his exams. That'll be so selfish of me. 

Ash will never go with me unless I bring Zamara. Atlantis will be too lazy to even go. I bet she'll just sleep the whole day. And I can't bring the other girls. Y might come along if I bring Elle but that also means Latch will have to come along if I bring her with me, so scratch that. Irish and Louise are too timid and Xander might kill me if his little sister cry.