8

Mari's POV

A soft grunt escaped on my lips at the continuous sound of the knocking on the door. 

Who in their fucking right mind would knock at this unearthly hour? 

My eyes squinted as I try to open my eyes. But my eyelids were too heavy to even cooperate so instead of bothering to wake up, I buried my face back on the pillow I was hugging before I was literally distressed by the annoying sound.

But it wasn't even a good ten seconds when the knocking had started again.

"Marigold, breakfast is ready. It's past nine,"

My eyes shot open the moment I heard my friend's voice and that's when I felt my pillow starting to move. In surprise, I quickly sat on my bed, eyes widened as I check my surroundings.

It was the same room I slept in when we arrive. But then I remember the pillow so I turned on my right and my lips automatically parted when my eyes landed on Z's sleeping form. He was sleeping soundly that I was too afraid to wake him up.

Just then my eyes caught his form.

Fuck, why isn't he wearing any shirt? Did something happen?

I was no longer thinking straight that the next thing I knew, I was already reaching for the blanket at the same time that his eyes started to flutter open. And when I started pulling it to check if he was naked underneath, that's when his eyes squinted,  a look of confusion written all over his face.

When I saw him wearing pants underneath, a sigh of relief escaped my lips but though sleepy, that didn't get past Z's vision.

Soft chuckles escaped his lips as he slowly moves forward and pulled me by the arms so I can lay back on the bed.

"You know,  a normal girl would check herself first if she's feeling any different, if she's wearing clothes or scream," I felt him wrap his arms around me and my lips puckered upon the realization.

"What if I was indeed naked underneath?" he pinched my cheek and I grunted. I can still smell his cologne and it made me feel warm for some reason. I felt him snuggle closer and I closed my eyes.

Yeah, why didn't I think of that?

Calming down a little, I tried to remember what happened last night.

Despite being so wasted, I can clearly remember Z arriving and sitting with us for a drink afterward.

"You still reek of alcohol Mari. Ge'ez," he teased and I tried squirming out of his arms and he just erupted into fits of laughter.

Eventually, he lets go of me and stood up heading straight to the restroom.

How did he end up sleeping in here by the way? Where's my roommate?

Shrugging my shoulders, I went out of bed too, and fixed the blanket. I shake my head a little as I realize that Z didn't even bother using the other bed and bunked in with me. I swear Z was just in denial that I am indeed his best friend but has accepted that fact wholeheartedly.

After fixing the bed, I head to my suitcase and grab a huge jumper. That's when Z went out of the restroom. He washed his face and cleaned up a bit.

"Here, why are you not wearing a shirt?" I snickered before throwing him a jumper he used to own. Of course, that's after I took it out of his closet.