Marigold

By Yoonworks

Second Generation : Secret Series #1 Mari Gold, the oldest of two siblings... Daughter of the two most powerf... More

Second Generation: Secret Series Notice
2nd Gen Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

11

4.4K 271 88
By Yoonworks

Okay, so I may or may not have indicated the specific ages of the second-gen. Guys, the twins are not 15. They were when I was writing the special chapters on their parents' stories. Every one of them were in college now except Dim, and Ashton is already working. In the first chap, I said Latch was 17 and that Mari was two years older.

If you're in second-gen, you must have read the special chaps on their parents' books. The ones with the same ages are specified there.

Anyways, I kinda understood because it's been so long so here it is.

Park Jimin and Chaeyoung
- Ashton 25
- Atlantis 19

Jeon Jungkook and Lisa
- Marigold 19
- Latch 17

Kim Taehyung and Jennie
- Y Heron 19
- Z Devon 19
- Elle Chereene 17

Min Yoongi and Jisoo
- Yoon Ji /Zamara 20

Jung Hoseok and Momo
- Irish 18

Kim Seokjin and Soo-young
- Alexander 21
- Louise 17

Kim Namjoon and Irene
- Dimitri - 15

And yeah, Dimitri is still in High school. This is their international age though. So, I was kinda adjusting and didn't want to get too technical with all kinds of stuff.  This is still a fiction okay, let the author live haha just a few were just months apart. I guess their parents were on a baby roll when that happened so yeah

------

Mari's POV

"So, how was your trip?" I heard Atlantis asked when she saw me on our usual spot and sat on the chair beside mine. She was wearing a cute blouse with a unicorn print in the middle, her hair was braided on one-side and I'm pretty sure aunt Chaey did that. Atlantis looks like a modern princess, like her beautiful mom.

"It's fine" I muttered before putting my attention back on the book I was reading. I have an exam later so I need to study.

The entire incident that day was so weird. Z and I didn't really talk inside my room. For some reason, everything seems so awkward between the two of us. I don't even have the courage to ask about the incident because it scares me.

I mean, we're the best of friends! Best friends don't kiss! And the fact that I kinda told him that I wasn't ready for him to have a girlfriend says a lot, like really a lot.

When Z and I went down, almost all of my uncles and aunts were there except uncle Jin and Aunt Joy. I heard they were on a business trip or something.

The moment Dad saw us though, he immediately stood up and was about to say something but Mom covered his mouth once again. They were all acting so weird, to be honest.

Uncle V and Aunt Jennie were cheering Z who just groan in response. Not fully understanding what those reactions from the elders meant, I walked with Z outside and when he reached for my cheeks to bid goodbye, I swear my knees got weak like jelly. And the moment he said goodnight, it suddenly felt different.

I don't even understand. What changed? I'm pretty sure that one kiss wouldn't change everything between the two of us. But something did and I was goddamn afraid to find out what it is.

Z went home right after and I just stayed inside my room to sleep.

At one point, Latch came inside my room to pester me but I was too sleepy to listen to whatever he was saying.

"Ahm, Mari?" I heard Atlantis once again but I didn't bother lifting my gaze off of my book. The amount of focus I need to do just so I can understand this shit is testing my patience. It was because, since last night, the memory of that kiss keep on bugging my system.

"Yeah?" she seemed to have something she wanted to say but she sounded hesitant. Her voice is a little thinner than usual.

"You see-" before she can even finish what she wanted to ask, Y's annoying voice filled my ears. We were in our usual spot and a soft grunt escaped my lips when I saw him walking along with Zammy and Louise.

Zammy was sporting a fitted denim dress that compliments her figure, her long black hair was tied in a half-ponytail. Louise, on the other hand, was wearing a longer laced dress that reaches just right above her knee. I smiled at the two but gave a glare to Y.

"Who do have here? Ahah! The girl who apparently shared a kiss with my twin!"I rolled my eyes at what he said and focused back on the book I was reading.

"Is that true Mari?" Zammy asked the moment she sat on the empty space in front of me. I lifted my gaze and realized that the three girls were indeed waiting for my answer. Y, on the other hand, was sitting on the table, his right hand resting on it, leaning forward like he's waiting for some good news coming from me. To be honest, it looks like they were all looking at me like I am some criminal on a trial.

I tried my very best to act as usual. The fact that everyone knows about it now irks me a little. I am going to kill Latch later. He's such a tattletale.

"None of your business guys, ge'ez, especially not yours, Heron," I snickered pointing at his annoying face and they all laughed at my response. He was wearing a black button-down shirt paired with denim pants.

I bit my lower lip. My hand is sweating a little. After that creepy smile my mom showed me earlier this morning, I should have known that these guys would tease me as well.

"Are you and Z dating? Mari, I need to talk to the two of you after class today okay? And no more kissing!" My father asked earlier, his big bright eyes wavering and I wanted to laugh actually. He seemed nervous about something. He seemed to want to say something more but mom stopped him.

I just shake my head then went ahead and drink the milk mom gave me before leaving them so I can attend my classes. The fact that my father decided to wake up early so he can ask me that question makes me realize how it must have been a big deal to him.

My father is a heavy sleeper. Mom said Dad must have been trying to make up from those sleepless nights they had when they were still active as an idol.

"You two look good together, unnie" Louise whispered, a little shy and I didn't have the heart to snap at her. This little sweetheart is too precious, and she's too pure for me to lash on.

"We were simply drunk at that time. It's not a big deal," I answered and Zammy giggled at my response. Z and I haven't really talked about it and I don't really know what to tell them to be honest.

"Really? Y told me you were crying though. What was that about then?" I lifted my gaze and gave a glare to Y. He was grinning and I just want to rip that stupid grin of his off his face.

"I was drunk and I guess we fought. You all knew Z and I rarely have a fight,"

"So that's you two kissed and made up, is that it?"

I gritted my teeth at what Zammy said. Zammy has a knack in annoying people. She sees things differently yet she can't see how whipped Ashton is with her. Yeah, like, the whole world knew except her.

"We didn't. Ugh! Just forget about it, please! Stop listening to what my brother is blabbering about, okay?"

"Tss, so you don't wanna date my brother?"

"I really hate you, Y. You know that, right? Why don't you go find a girlfriend to annoy or something. You always tease me, I'm two seconds away from killing you, just know that," I hissed and he just smirked.

"I know you love me, Mari. I'm your future boyfriend's twin brother. How can you hate this handsome face?"

"Shut up,"

"Kiss and make, ki-kiss and ma-"

"Yah!" I glared at Y and I was about to hit him if I didn't hear what he said next.

"Oh, Z! I just said hi to my future in-law!" Y even stood up, waving his hand to someone behind my back.

I gulped.

Fuck.

I looked back real fast only to be greeted by Y's laughter.

"Do you miss my brother? I can call him for you!"

"Ahhh!"

They all laugh at my reaction and I just went back to reading.

I really hate them.

A long sigh escaped my lips. How long will I have to endure this?

Thankfully, they all started opening their books. Atlantis was also reading something while Louise sat on the bench opposite ours so Y can help her with her assignment. Zammy was on her phone and I didn't bother asking who she was texting because I am two hundred percent sure it was Ashton.

Thirty minutes had already passed when a bottle of drink landed a few inches away from my book. And it wasn't even a second when a familiar scent filled my system. He smelled like lavender and cotton candy. Or was I hallucinating?

But it was more than enough to keep me out of focus, to keep me floating. As if on a trance, I lifted my gaze only to be greeted by a pair of beautiful orbits that I was used to seeing since I was a kid. Yes, I have seen them a thousand times but why do they keep getting brighter these days? 

And his hair, it was a mess but it suits him. Suddenly, my eyes landed on his lips. Like always, it looks so soft, and redder more than mine. It was parted a little like it was inviting. My gaze shifted back on his eyes and my stomach started churning at the intensity of his stare.

And then as if we were in a movie, he slowly leaned forward...until his lips landed on my cheeks. I was sure it was just a mere second but I felt shivers going ballistic all over my body. I was electrified and my heart was going crazy. It was as if it was goddamn eager to jump out of my chest.

Slowly, he backed away and the moment he whispered those words with a smile on his lips, I nearly lost it.

"I miss you..."

Oh, God. What game are you playing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 707 12
Hey guys ☺️ Thanks for giving so much love my previous book "While you're sleeping". I decide to write a second season for this book for one my close...
4.9K 466 11
Duke Jungwon did not expect to fall in love with Saito Mai, a mere slave. He showed great leadership right from the very start, yet he showed no inte...
39K 788 15
16-year old Mari is having a hard time as she finds herself falling in love with her brother, Lee Jinki. What's weirder is she hated this guy ever si...
193 4 23
Illyria thought navigating secondary school would be the hardest thing to do when she turned fifteen years old since moving to England. Instead, she...