Marigold

By Yoonworks

Second Generation : Secret Series #1 Mari Gold, the oldest of two siblings... Daughter of the two most powerf... More

Second Generation: Secret Series Notice
2nd Gen Characters
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

6

4.6K 244 92
By Yoonworks

Mari's POV

"You did not just?" my lips parted as I watch my favorite perfume fly like a fucking beautiful stone outside the car, my heart dropping the same time it hit the cement, exploding like a small balloon, and my head snapping back to his direction in a matter of two seconds.

Fuck.

"Hey! Are you crazy? " I wasn't able to stop myself and screamed at the top of my lungs. He had lowered the car's window earlier so the impact wasn't as loud as I anticipated. Still, my eyes were burning in anger.

"That was a limited edition!" I screamed at him and he didn't even bother looking at my direction and had his head leaning on his hand as his elbow rest on the side of the car's window, his right hand still on the wheel.

Jesus Christ! I knew I shouldn't have gone with him. I'd rather be with an annoying Y Heron rather than with this prick.

Yeah, but you had to talk to your father about it, didn't you? All for a fucking trip.

"I told you I don't like how it smells. This is my car and you asked for a favor,"

The beating of my heart is still going wild. I'm about to go ballistic now.

That perfume he so carelessly, and heartbreakingly threw was a gift from Zammy on my last birthday. That's the one thing I like best from her. She knows how to give presents, like good presents and now Lennox just has to throw it outside.

I want to cry and I regret not listening to Z.

I was just at a loss for words, my lips still parted and no word comes out of my mouth at this point. I just can't believe what just happened.

This insufferable human being in front of me is a devil. He's a demon disguised inside a man with a beautiful face but his inside was rotten. He was stinking bad tomatoes and oranges, and everything rotten.

Grabbing my phone inside my bag, I started typing curses, erase them, then started typing again. I'm going to send them to Z!

I hate him. I hate him so much

Instead of answering back, I tried to even my breathing and focus my attention back on the road, my phone still in my hands. Too frustrated, I can't even type proper words!

This wouldn't have happened if Z was with me! So in annoyance, I started tapping my phone again.

"This is your fault! If you were with me, I wouldn't have to stay with this prick for a few days!"

Without even thinking, I hit the sent button. I don't even know why I'm getting really frustrated. Why is he like this to me? I mean, I have only seen him a few times but all those times, he'd been so annoying, so snob and borderline a jerk.

Just why?

Before I can even stop myself, I was already voicing out my thoughts.

"Why do you hate me?" My breath hitches the moment I asked the question. But I didn't falter. I am a Jeon. People get intimidated by my presence and moreover, people normally like me. Because I am Marigold, shouldn't he be the same?

This treatment is putting me off, to be honest. Why is he like that?

From the corner of my eye, I saw how an annoying smirk slowly formed on the corner of his lips.

Tsk, what a jerk.

"Why? Does it irk you that not every man fall in your charms? Does it bother you that people don't follow whatever you want?"

My lips parted at his words and I can hear my ears ringing. "Excuse me?" I exclaimed. What did he just say?

My lips quiver as I feel my anger slowly building up inside me.

This is just so upsetting! How can he judge me like that?

"You know what? Just don't talk to me," I hissed before turning my attention back to my phone. My chest tightened as I try to stop myself from getting angrier by the second.

I should stop talking to him. He is just a mean human being and I will make sure I won't have to be with him again, ever.

How dare he accuse me like that? I admit that I am used to feeling like people tend to make me feel important, that they like to be closer to me but that doesn't mean I love being treated like that and I want to be treated like that. That's a different thing and him accusing me like I am someone who seemed to be an attention whore or something, really upsets me.

I know I may be a bitch and a spoiled brat to Z, but do I deserve this?

The entire ride, I didn't talk. My heart feels so heavy and I don't think I can enjoy this trip. I checked my phone to see how far are we and I realized we'll arrive in less than five.

Good, I won't have to deal with his shits ever.

So the moment we arrive, I took my things and didn't even bother waiting if he'll help me carry my bags. It's just two bags, nothing I can't handle.

"Jeon," I heard him calling me but I kept walking my way inside the place. They rented a whole villa where we can stay and as much as I want to enjoy, I've been too much annoyed I don't think it will be possible for me even smile.

I wish I can have a room to myself, but even that, I don't want him to use it as an opportunity to insult me even more.

"Are you okay?" Shiela, one of the girls asked when she saw me looking outside the window. There was an infinity pool outside and the view was so beautiful.

If this was a different scenario, I'd probably be out there already, in my swimsuit enjoying the sunlight. But No. He had to ruin my day and possibly, my whole vacation.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired from the travel I guess," I told her.

The car ride actually took us five hours, and our fight actually started not even an hour after we took off. So that means I was sulking the entire time, the entire fucking four hours.

"Aren't you gonna answer your phone?" she added and that's when I realized that my phone has been ringing.

I smiled at Shiela who then stood up from her assigned bed before grabbing my phone, a long sigh escaping my lips. I watch as Shiele went outside probably to check the place.

"Mari..." his hoarse voice greeted my ears and this is one of those times in my life that I was goddamn ecstatic to hear from my best friend.

He probably just woke up because he stayed with me the whole night when I asked him to help me pack my clothes. Which didn't actually happen because he ended up doing it for me while I munch on the pizza he brought. I knew his exams will be during the afternoon so it was safe to ask him to stay.

I was sure it's just past lunch now because we left at around seven in the morning. The moment I heard his voice, everything seemed to just hit me right on because the next thing I knew was me crying over the phone.

I wasn't someone to cry over the phone but I did. I was just so upset. Plus, this is Z. I can tell everything that I want with Z. I can cry to him and he won't mind.

"What did he do?" I heard his stern voice and crumbling sound from his end. I'm guessing that he was getting off his bed.

"I want to go home," I told him not even bothering to tell him what happened. I heard him sigh and for a moment, I wanted to just drop the call and not to worry him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? " he asked and I shook my head in response as if he can see me.

"I'm physically fine but I wanna go home. Can you have Ash or Xander pick me up? Please don't let my parents know," I stated. They might get worried and I don't like that.

He was silent, not even speaking so for a moment I thought the call had ended.

"Z?" I called for him again and I heard him sigh.

"I'll have that arranged so stop crying," My lips pouted and I had actually imagined him with his brows furrowed, looking all annoyed too. His annoyed expression, I love seeing that but Lennox's face, not one bit.

"Try going outside to have fresh air. At least enjoy for a few hours before going back home,"

Eventually bidding goodbye to him along with his constant reminder that I try to shrug it off and that he'll make sure I'll be home in no time.

I stood up and removed my hoodie. I was wearing a grey sleeveless shirt fitted crop top inside and black leggings underneath. I won't even bother unpacking since I will be home in a few hours too. I went to the restroom located on the corner and washed my face. I don't want people to know that I cried.

With a heavy heart, I decided to lay down on the bed set for me after removing my shoes. It's not that cold but my current mood tells me it's better to lay down under a blanket for a while. So I did. If Latch was here, he will pull me out of bed in a matter of five seconds.

I'm going to just lay down for a while and just go outside to find the others. Pulling the blanket even more, I decided to close my eyes and enjoy the silence in the room.

Somehow, I started to calm down a bit. However, fate must have planned something different for me because my plan of just resting for five minutes turned longer than I expected.

My body bolted out of my bed as I realized that I fell asleep longer than I intended. When I looked at the open window, I saw how dark it is outside.

"Shit," I whispered. I hurriedly went out of the bed and went to my bag to get my toiletries and a new set of clothes before heading to the restroom. I did a quick shower and dried my hair. I wore a simple white fitted turtleneck sweater and high waist shorts underneath.

A groan came out of my lips in disappointment. I should have gone out earlier to see the view. Now that made me upset even more. I reached for my phone and realized that I fell asleep the whole day. It's past seven now.

After releasing another sigh, I decided to follow what Z said and try calming my nerves. At least enjoy the villa, right? Plus, it's not like I have to deal with him after what happened. Also, I would have to tell others that I need to go home. Maybe I can just tell them that there was an emergency or something. I'm just not in the mood now.

I tried to be positive as I reach for the door handle but the moment I opened the door, I almost screamed in surprise when I saw Lennox leaning on the wall outside. His hands were tucked inside the jacket that he's now wearing and eyes still focused on my direction.

With his dark hooded eyes, he stared at me intently. He stood properly before walking in my direction.

I checked the surroundings and realized that it's just the two of us. "What are you doing here?"

"Is it too late for me to apologize?" he suddenly asked and I was honestly caught off guard, I wasn't able to respond. "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for," he added and now I was at a loss for words.

Suddenly, I felt the fast beating of my heart. Why the hell is he acting like this now? Did he realize that he was being rude earlier? And more importantly, why am I suddenly embarrassed?

Biting my lower lip, I tilted my head and refused to look at him. Damn, what now?

"It wasn't my intention but I heard your conversation over the phone,"

I crossed my arms at what he said and raised my eyebrows. "Were you here the entire time?" I mean, I talked to Z more than six hours ago.

He laughed at what I said and that made me scoffed. "Of course not. I followed you earlier to apologize but you didn't go out. Your roommate said you fell asleep so I decided not to bother you and asked her not to wake you up,"

"Oh," I tuck a few strands of my hair behind my ears, unable to respond.

"If it's because of what I did, I can buy you a new one," he said pertaining to my perfume. "If it's because of what I said, I apologize. I guess it came out wrong. For what it's worth, I swear it's not how I really perceive you as."

My brows furrowed at his words. "Right. You just said those words out of nowhere. It's nothing, really,"

I started walking along the pathway and heard his footsteps following mine. I won't accept a half-assed sorry nor do I need one.

We didn't talk the entire time and he just continuedly followed me. While searching for the others, I realized how spacious the villa is. Judging from the rooms I just passed by, the villa probably has at least five rooms. All of the furniture look modern and there was even a huge chandelier in the dining area.

It was when I reached the living room that I found the others. They were all seated on the couch, a bunch of snacks were on the table in front of them. The television was open too, though I am not familiar with the show.

Shay was the first person to notice my presence. "Oh thank God you already woke up. Shiela thought you weren't feeling well," she started before walking towards my direction and pulling me for a hug, a smile automatically showing on my lips.

"Sorry to make you worry. I just got tired of the trip, I hope that didn't stop you guys from doing any fun activity,"

Zara laughed and waved her hands. "Nah, we all took a rest too. Anyways, the guys were outside grilling seafood and meat. We're pigging out babe, I hope you're not on a diet,"

I turned around and realized that Lennox was nowhere to be found. Maybe he also went outside.

We ended up heading outside too. The open yard was huge and there were tables and chairs already set. There was a huge pool too and I was amazed to see the outdoor hanging patio lights around the place. My lips parted when I saw two grilling stations outside in which the guys seemed to take turns in cooking. My eyes caught Lennox sitting on one of the chairs and eyes focused on his phone.

Tss, and he was apologizing earlier but didn't bother waiting for me to acknowledge his apology. He's just a jerk.

In no time, we were all seated around the table. Each of us has taken a plate of or own and started eating.

"Marigold, here's a slice of meat for you. Zamara will kill us if she hears that we starved you," Alex teased and I just rolled my eyes in response. He was one of Zammy's senior if I'm not mistaken.

"Stop making a move on Marigold. It's not like you stand a chance!"

I laugh at Zara's words while the other guys teased Alex. They love doing that. We all continue drinking and eating. Different liquors were already set on the table and I was totally having fun.

"Mari! Mari! Mari!"

"Woah, go girl!"

My eyes were closed as I chug the alcohol I have. It was a tall glass of beer and I had to drink it straight up because the bottle landed in my direction. I already had three glasses and this was my fourth.

Damn. I'm going to get really drunk tonight, huh?

"We have to go out again in summer," Shiela giggled, already drunk. Her cheeks were already flush red and I feel hot all over.

Fuck, it was an open area but I feel like it's getting hotter and hotter.

The bottle was once again turning and everybody had been cheering so I did the same. We were all standing but my right hand was leaning on my chair for support.

"I'm not yet drunk," I whispered to myself. So when the bottle landed on my direction, a huge smirk form on my lips while they all cheered for my name.

I was about to reach for the glass when my knees wobble a little but Zara was quick enough to support me.

"Woah," I giggle. "I'm not yet drunk," I assured everyone when they ask if I can still take it.

"Don't force yourself," my eyes snapped on my left when I heard Lennox's voice. I rolled my eyes at his words and didn't bother answering. I took the glass from Alex but before I can even drink it, Lennox grabs my arm. "You're already drunk. Let me have that drink,"

Because of what he said, the others started teasing us.

"Woooh, are you a couple of something?"

"Is that why you were waiting for her earlier?"

"Tss," I scoffed at their words and tried getting off his grasped but he's obviously stronger. The moment I was ready to give up, I suddenly felt a hand on my waist, pulling me a little closer until my body is now leaning towards that person. Despite my current condition, my breath hitches at the familiar scent filling in my system. So when I lifted my gaze, a huge smile emerged on my lips when I saw Z's serious expression. The place got unusually quiet.

"Dev!" I giggled and automatically, my free hand wrapped around his waist as I smile at him. I saw how his expression calmed down a bit and I smile even more.

"You don't have to drink it for her. I got her, "I heard him speak and I felt him grab the glass of beer from my hand. That same moment, I felt Lennox remove his hand over mine.

I watch as Z drink the glass of beer in on straight up and I almost cheered when he finished it in one go. Without even thinking, I hugged him even tighter, burying my face on his chest.

God, I'm starting to feel really dizzy.

"Z, we didn't know you're coming. Mari said you have an exam set for today," I heard Zara asked and I lifted my gaze only to meet Z's intense stare. He was staring at me intently and I wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol, I felt my heart skipping a beat when he suddenly smiled. It wasn't even a full smile bt the corner of his lips twitched and that qualifies as a smile if it's Z.

He turned his attention towards them and my eyes studied Z's beautiful face. My best friend is really handsome, huh.

"This little brat called because she wanted to go home. Bt I know she was looking forward to this trip so I had to ask my professors if I can finish all of my tests in one go. Sorry, it took me a while," the last sentence, he actually said it while looking at me.

"You really are something, Z," they all laughed at what Z said and I nuzzle my face back on his chest.

I didn't know what happened after because I am really feeling so dizzy. Why do I end up getting too drunk these days?

After talking, they continued the game but Z was firm enough to tell the others not to include me so I ended p clinging into him the entire time.

Right, I have Z now. I can have fun all I want.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 2 15
In a world where magic is a well kept secret, two brothers, two guardians able to wield magic, stumble across a creature more powerful than anything...
1.8K 170 15
When Jay starts acting suspicious, Sunghoon has no other choice but to follow him and discover his secrets. Except his not really good at following h...
276 22 13
You see, the story begins with 2 smart(but dumb)kids, Niki and Minghao who thought were living a normal life, but weren't. Their parents are one of t...
13.5K 707 12
Hey guys ☺️ Thanks for giving so much love my previous book "While you're sleeping". I decide to write a second season for this book for one my close...