I Won't Break My Promise. (RW...

By HeadCanons

An amatuer RWBY Bumbleby fanfiction. (-Contains MATURE themes- I'd say 18+ Ever watched Gen: Lock? Exactly. T... More

"It's Complicated"
"A Much Needed Talk."
"Godammit, Sun."
"Party Favors"
"Tired of Running Away"
"Tired of Running Away" Part 2:
"Bees Under The Trees" Part 1:
"Bees Under The Trees" Part 2.5: Light
"Bees In The Trees" Part 2: Dark
"The Bird & The Bees" Pt 1
"The Sun, The Sea, and The Bees"
"Now THAT'S A Katana!"
"Menagerie"
"Menagerie" Pt 2
Menagerie Pt 3
"Mischief"
"Mischief" Pt 1 1/2
"Mischief" Pt 2
"The World Is Still Spinning."
A Monkey, A Crow, A Cat, A Lizard and A Dragon (oh and Neptune)
"Territory"
"Up In Smoke"
World of Remnant: "War Isnt A Good Bedtime Story"
"Poked The Bear"
"Problems"
"It's Not Time To Say Goodbye"
"Reunion"
"Festivities"
"The Atlasian Station"
It's Not Goodbye (Prolouge to HomeSweetHome)
"Home Sweet Home" ?
"This'll Be Fun."
"The Chapter To Get The Next Chapter"
Intro: "Date Night!" Pt1
"A Small Favor"
"Guess What..."
"Back In The Day."
"A Start Of A Reunion"
"A Start Of A Reunion" Pt 2
"The End of a Reunion"
"Stronger"
"Incoming" Pt 2
"Fangs"
"Danger Close"
"Danger -Very- Close"
"Fired Up"
"Painting The Town Red"

"Incoming" Pt 1

535 17 30
By HeadCanons

"Alright, let's see here..."

Yang scanned the building in it's entirety in an attempt to find the right prospect. She didn't really know what Sun was into besides, well, Blake. That was not an option, nor will it ever be.

She couldn't really blame him, though. Blake was great, along with everything else in the book.

"First you tried to murder me and now you're trying to hook me up with someone?" Sun asked, observing her amethyst eyes survey the room.

"You're exaggerating and I can be helpful, you know." Yang spoke, without taking her eyes off the area.

"How would you be anymore helpful than Neptune?"

"Neptune has his looks. That's about all he has going for him, which is why he is zero help as soon as he opens his mouth. I, on the other hand, have great advice to give."

"Right. Because people are definitely not coming up to you because of your looks."

"Hey, I'm pretty on the inside too."

"What advice would you even have?"

"Don't be Neptune."

"Wow, real helpful there."

Turning back to face him, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever, you know I'm right. I know my stuff."

Blake joined in, a smirk slowly forming on her face. "Coming from Miss I like your bow..."

"I'll have you know..I am a fantastic flirter. That was just a flop, plus, it kinda worked didn't it?"

Sun chuckled.
"Did it work? Or did Blake just feel bad?"

"I dunno, did it? Who's dating who?"

Sun wiped a fake tear from his face. "Okay, that wasn't called for..."

Yang waved him off. "Let's get to work," She scanned the room once again and her eyes landed on a girl who was watching them before she quickly looked away. "There."

She was pretty. Pretty for Sun, at least.

"Like I said, Nora...prepare to lose."
Yang smirked at the redhead before walking towards the girl, dragging Sun along with her.

"I can talk to girls just fine on my own.."

"Sure, buuut that's not the bet though and I'm a very competitive person."

Yang approached her. She was currently in the middle of playing Grimm Hunt, an arcade shooting game that she appeared to be very good at.

"I get the feeling that you're either really good at video games..or you're a huntress."

Or both, like her and Ruby.

The girl paused the game and turned around to face Yang, just as she was pushing Sun closer.

"Huntress."

"Cool, us too!"

"I know. I haven't met anyone here yet who haven't heard of Team RWBY."

Yang smiled. Her reputation proceeded her. If that one guy wasn't so focused on being cocky he might've even recognized her. She was a girl and he automatically thought that meant she was weak. Although, proving people wrong was pretty fun.

"Well, ever heard of Team SSSN?," It was time to help him out a bit. Even though it made her cringe, lots of people wanted a piece of them. She learned that the hard way after all the jealousy thrown at her for going on a date with Sage. "The heartthrob huntsmen that might as well be a boyband? You know...Team ABBS?"

"I don't think I have." She answered.

Yang elbowed Sun, beckoning him to speak."Oh, um, well we're originally from Vacuo so no worries. Our fights mainly replay over there. I moved to Mistral and then did an exchange transfer here so I'm not surprised."

He extended an arm out to shake. I'm the leader, Sun, nice to meet you."

"Sun from Team SSSN, huh? I'm Ivory."

He chuckled. "Yeah, it gets confusing sometimes."

"Okay..they seem to be hitting it off." Yang thought to herself.

"Soo, you happen to be seeing anyone?" The blond chimed in.

Ivory gave Yang a good once-over.

It occurred to her that she should've worded that better.

Yang held her hands out in front of her and shook her head. "Oh, no no no. Not for me," She nodded her head to where Blake was standing. "Girlfriend."

She was sure she didn't imagine that brief look of disappointment.

Ivory quickly recovered and smiled.

"My friend, Sun from SSSN here, was just telling me how pretty you were though. Weren't cha, buddy?"

"Yeah, totally said that."

Which wasn't a lie. Ivory's toothy smile were as white as her namesake.

Yang had to admit the eyes were a bit unsettling. Not anymore unsettling than Fox's eyes but still..

Her hair was the complete opposite, darker than the void.

Yang gave him a rough pat on the back, before walking off towards a dark-haired gal of her own.

"Hah. Easy peasy."

"They just started talking, Yang." Nora replied.

"She didn't run away so I consider that a win."

Nora smirked. "You're bein' real cocky but care to raise the stakes a little?"

Yang narrowed her eyes. "You know it. Pft, I'm no coward."

"Are you..sure you want to jump into the back and forth thing again? The competitiveness gets out of hand." Blake advised.

The redhead turned to face the blonde, aqua eyes staring at Blake for just a moment as an idea formed in her head.

"How secure are you guys?" Nora asked, with a hand on her hip.

Blake raised an eyebrow, while Yang let out a soft 'huh?'

"With each other, I mean." She clarified. Asking with an undertone of seriousness, wanting a real answer.

"Oh," Yang threw an arm around Blake's waist. "Pretty secure, I guess."

"What do you mean you guess?"

"You know what I meant, Blake.."

Nora nodded.
"Im only asking to make sure. If you said otherwise then it'd probably be a bad idea..."

"Bring it on!"

It didn't take long for Yang to instantly regret it, followed by folding her arms like a child.

"I knew I'd find a bet to beat you in."

"Shut up, I didn't lose...but I don't have to like it either."

If Nora was in her place, some girl would be running out of there scared for her life for even breathing in Ren's direction. She was doing far better than she would've.

Blake walked back from the guy she was previously talking to, drink and a cup of popcorn in hand.

Nora was all giggles as the faunas handed the items to her. She turned to the blond and smiled. "What? Pregnant women get hungry."

"So this was all for you to get free food?"

She shrugged. "Pretty much. The guy was staring at Blake for the longest so I figured he'd do it."

"I feel like you just pimped out my girlfriend for popcorn."

"I didn't think Blake had it in her, but I knew you'd get jealous soo..." Nora sat her cup down and held out her hand.

Yang reluctantly placed the money in her hand. "I wasn't jealous," She turned to Blake. "You didn't actually give him your scroll number did you?"

The raven-haired girl kept a stoic look on her face. "No, I did.."

"What?"

"...and tomorrow we're going on a date, then we're getting married and having a ton of kids."

The sarcasm in her voice was evident and Yang quickly caught on. "Wooow."

It was Blake's turn to shrug. "Well, you did ask me a stupid question. I gave him Neptune's number."

Nora chuckled. "I wish I could see the look on Neptune's face when he calls."

_______

Weeks passed and Yang was more correct than she had initially thought. Ivory and Sun had really hit it off. He seemed to be somewhat trying and they've been on multiple dates already.

Guess his type was just black hair and mesmerizing eyes.

She knew Blake, and the overly forgiving person she was, was allowing Sun to be a friend to her. So Yang decided on trusting him a little more and following Blake's lead.

On other days, like today, he'd hang around the house along with Neptune and sometimes even Ivory. Because gods' forbid they actually hang around somewhere else.

"I told you that whatever you're doing, you're definitely overdoing it."

"My arm is fine." Yang responded dismissively, continuing search the desk drawers.

Blake softly tapped her on the shoulder, grabbing her attention.

The blonde grabbed the small tool she was looking for from her hands. "Where was it?"

"The same place you always leave it."

She muttered out a 'thanks' before turning back around in her seat and getting to work on tweaking the small mechanisms on the prosthetic.

Blake watched her transition into a look of pure concentration. "You keep going out with Jaune, Ren and Sun. You're arm has been acting up. I'm waiting on you to actually tell me the actual truth because I'm pretty sure those correlate with each other."

"I did." Yang replied frustratingly. Her arm was fine, or, It would be if she could get the damn thing to function normally. She was more frustrated at herself for failing to do so and she was beginning to think Blake was right about overdoing it.

"You didn't."

An uncomfortable cough came from the other side of the room. Both girls turned to see Ruby coyly standing in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Rubes!" Yang quickly put down the tool and smiled at her baby sister.

"Sorry. Sun was looking for you two and I said I'd get you..and..is your arm broken?"

"No! Not at all." Yang waved her hand at her, relieved it didn't lock up or something.

"Well you guys were arguing.."

"We weren't arguing. Everything's good, I promise."

"If you say so," The silver-eyed girl walked off, only stopping to shout. "Are ya coming?"

Yang sighed and hopped to her feet, drifting behind her sister. Blake followed them out, knowing full well the conversation wasn't over.

Sun glanced at the girls coming down the stairs before turning back to continue to speak to Weiss.

"You're gonna be nice, right? Like the whole time?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You can come off..a little...strong, sometimes."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I know everyone already kinda met but I'm making sure everything will be ok and that you guys wont just be cordial because of Yang's stupid bet."

Ruby stood beside her and smiled. "Weiss is more nice now."

"And less cold as ice." Yang added with a chuckle.

"Why are you only telling that to me?"

"I already told Yang, and Ruby and Blake are kinda easier."

Weiss continued. "Her being such a fan of us doesn't creep you out in the slightest?"

"That's why I'm hoping you'll be nice."

"Soo when is she coming? Or is she waiting for an autograph or something?" Yang jokingly asked.

Sun rolled his eyes. "Ha. Ha. She'll be here soon."

_____

Weiss watched Ivory from afar.

It was obvious that there was something wrong with Yang's arm, seeing as she was spending her time tweaking it. Weiss was an observant person. She saw her avoid telling Ruby that fact. She also saw Ivory talk to Yang, watching her fiddle with the mechanisms only after she promised not to tell her sister. The girl seemed really interested in talking to them and Yang happened to be the first victim.

Yang was obviously trying her best to be nice. She was being helpful to Sun by doing so, so in turn she was helping Blake.

Considering she'd do anything for her, that meant dealing with a bunch of questions.

"How'd that even happen?" Ivory asked.

"What? My arm?" The blond turned to look at the girl as she nodded.

She kept it short and simple. "A fight."

"Wow, when Beacon fell, right?"

"..Yeah."

Ivory leaned forward on the desk, getting a closer look. "I see. I lost a friend there too. Lots of mistakes made."

Yang raised up the bright yellow mech, moving her fingers around. "I wouldn't quite call it a mistake. I'd do it again."

"Why would you do that?"

"The same reason I lost it."

Not long after their conversation, Ivory was back at it again. This time with Blake.

Blake had already gave up trying to read in lieu of keeping an eye on that fluffy monster Zwei. Her ears twitched along with everything he did.

She slowly watched the dog's movements as he paced in front of the couch she sat on. She moved as far as possible, practically standing on top of the couch, but he just sat there creeping about with a goofy looking face.

"Go, shoo."

Zwei only tilted his head to the side as his tongue hung out of his mouth.

"You really don't like dogs do you-"

Blake yelped at the voice, almost falling over before catching herself. She turned to Ivory only slightly embarrassed.

"It's Yang and Ruby's dog. I'm..trying to get used to him." She breathed out, heart still racing from the startle.

Zwei let out a happy bark.

"You guys are cute, you know."

Blake gave her a quizzical stare.

"You and Yang, not the dog. I assume you both get that a lot, though?"

The amber-eyed girl found a comfortable spot on the couch, attempting to ignore the creature in front of her. "I suppose we do."

"Because it's true!" Ivory hovered over the couch. "So..how did you two meet?"

"Beacon."

"I guess opposites do attract huh? Or do you just like blondes? I wouldn't blame you, Sun and Yang are both pretty cute."

"Right..."

Ivory smiled and skipped right on along.

Blake picked up her book again, only to stop mid-action.
"Wait. How did-"

"Sun told me!" She shouted out.

Weiss knew she couldn't have been the only one to get annoyed. It annoyed her even more how..fascinated.. she seemed to be with Yang.

Questions. Always with the questions.

She seemed more focused on the brawler instead of the monkey faunas himself.
_____

The next morning, Blake rolled around in bed, Nora was insistent on waking her up but to no avail.

The redhead poked her again.

"Hm?"

And again. She fidgeted a bit, visibly annoyed, even with her eyes closed. "What do you want, Yang?"

"Yeah..that's the problem. I'm not Yang, she's gone. So are Jaune and Ren, so he can't take me to the hospital."

Blake quickly sat up. "Hospital?"

"Yep."

"You're joking..

" 'fraid not."

Blake started internally freaking out. How the heck was she supposed to know what to do? Ren and Yang choose the perfect time not to be here.

She fumbled for her scroll, hoping Neptune would answer because Bumblebee was obviously not an option.

"Blake? So tell me why this random guy called me-"

"Hey, do me a big favor."
_____

"Can't you drive any FASTER?!" Nora shouted.

"I am driving as fast as I can!"

Neptune stepped his foot a little harder on the gas, flicking off every person that honked at him.

Blake continued to try to ring Ren, but neither him or Yang picked up.

She tried to videocall Jaune,The line beeped for a few seconds before he answered and a bright face came on screen.

"Yello?"

"Jaune..where is Ren right now?" Blake asked.

"Did something happen?"

Nora leaned over in her seat.
"JAUNE. Go get Ren or so help me-"

She stopped mid-sentence and groaned in what was obvious pain.

Blake cringed empathetically.

"You might want to speed up unless you plan on delivering." The faunas suggested.

"Oh, hell no." This time, Neptune practically slammed on the pedal, ignoring the oncoming holographic stoplights.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 34 4
Ruby: Y/n, Give me back my scroll!! Y/n: Sorry Rubs But I need it for a bit, Hey Yang Do you know how cloud is doing? Yang: No clue who this cloud pe...
41.1K 314 11
I like Rwby even though I hardly watched it. So I'm doing a story on it. Well multiple ones.
47.8K 1.4K 42
Ruby Rose wanted to go to Beacon Academy for three reasons. One,to follow her mother's foot step to be the best huntress and musician who spread joy...
2.5K 21 33
This is my (Male Reader x RWBY x BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle) fanfic. Whether you think this is canon to my previous fanfics or not is up to you. When...