laissez les bon temps rouler...

stephie177 tarafından

Else Mikaelson is the twin sister of Klaus Mikaelson, the big bad wolf himself. Else finds herself in a situa... Daha Fazla

prologue
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
1.23
1.24
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26
3.1

1.6

2.2K 55 12
stephie177 tarafından

I'm sitting with my brothers in the living room. Classical music is playing in the background. Elijah is reading our mother's grimoire, while Nik is reading a book of poetry. I'm flipping through the pages of a magazine. A dead girl lays on the coffee table, her neck bleeding from puncture wounds.

It isn't long before Bekah walks into the room. "So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?"

Klaus doesn't look up from his book. "Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus," Elijah agrees.

Bekah gestures to the body. "And what's this business?"

"This is a..." Elijah gestures as though he's searching for a word. "...peace offering."

Nik sighs. "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

Elijah is slightly annoyed by Nik. "And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth." Klaus rolls his eyes as Elijah gestures to the girl. "Not this nonsense."

Klaus grins. "Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?"

"And what are you Else? Just an innocent bystander?" Bekah questions.

I smile. "Well the pregnant sister is not going to clean up this mess so I guess."

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet," Bekah says. She goes to get what she needs to scrub the carpet.

I get up when I hear Jackson in the kitchen. I lean on the doorframe and smile at him as he rummages through the fridge. "Good morning."

Jackson pears out from behind the fridge door and smiles at me. "Mornin'."

Bekah drags a trash bin through the backdoor.

"Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" Jackson says.

"Speaking of, add bleach," Bekah says. She stomps out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I start rummaging through the cabinets to find a bowl and some cereal. Jackson continues to rummage through the fridge and freezer looking for something to eat.

"One day I think my siblings will be hospitable to you," I tell Jackson.

I walk over towards Jackson and place the cereal, a bowl, and a spoon on the counter.

"So are we going to talk about all that has happened since you came to New Orleans?" Jackson questions.

I go in the fridge and collect what I need. "Oh you mean me being attacked by French Quarter vampires, forcing you to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and both of us nearly getting murdered by witches who are convinced our baby is Lucifer?"

Jackson looks at me. "Yeah I guess that would be it." I pour cereal into a bowl for him and then fill it with milk. "Oh... milk."

I laugh a little. "So, back to the murderous witches. I have some concerns."

Jackson looks slightly worried. "They're evil. And, my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."

"Yeah well Elijah wants to take care of that problem," I inform him.

Jackson's face falls.

Bekah re-enters the kitchen, dragging the body of the girl Klaus killed across the floor behind her. "I am all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one." Jackson looks at me. I roll my eyes. "Alright, potentially everyone. But the bigger problems trying to keep you out of your wolf form."

I smile at Jackson before returning to the living room. I sit back down next to Nik. Bekah is scrubbing the bloodstains on the carpet.

"So tell me sister, how do you plan on coparenting my niece with a man who is only in his human form for four hours a month?" Nik taunts.

I take the book out of his hand and hit him with it. "Once I figure out who put the curse on his pack I can force someone from their bloodline to remove it. Elijah will help me I'm sure."

"Ah yes. Elijah's back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie-dust and float away!"Nik taunts.

Bekah side eyes Nik and they both grin.

Elijah walks back into the living room. "Strange, I don't recall any pixie-dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure." Elijah opens Esther's grimoire and flips through it.

"What are you doing with Mother's spellbook?" Bekah asks.

"Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from Mother's grimoire to help her learn to control her magic. I thought we'd begin with a little un-linking spell," Elijah explains.

"Wait, you want to use her to unlink Else and Jackson from Sophie Deveraux?" Bekah questions.

"Sophie brought us here under false pretenses! She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions, she wants to take Davina back. So, she yolked her own cause to ours with magic threats and half-truths! Well, no more. As of now, our deal with Sophie Deveraux is null and void," Elijah explains. Klaus and Bekah smile wryly at each other. "Niklaus, I need you to come with me. I need five minutes alone with Davina. You need to make certain that I am not interrupted." He points to Bekah "You stay here and make sure our sister and Jackson are safe."

Elijah leaves the room. Bekah seems annoyed. "How did I get elected supernanny?"

"More importantly, who put him in charge?" Klaus remarks before following Elijah out.

I smile at Bekah. "Don't worry. I think I can handle myself. Besides you and I can have some much needed sister time."

Bekah and I are sitting on my bed. Bekah is painting her nails while I read a book of baby names. "What do you think about Astride?"

Bekah makes a face. "I swear if you try to name my niece that I will snap your neck before the ink on her birth certificate is dry." I chuckle at her. "Shouldn't you be discussing this with Jackson?"

I frown. "Who knows if he will even be around."

"What are you talking about?" Bekah questions. "All that boy cares about is you and your daughter."

"Well caring isn't going to do him any good when he is back to being a cursed werewolf. Once we are unlinked from Sophie Deveraux it's bye bye to Jackson's freedom," I explain.

Bekah is about to say something but I yelp out in pain. I grab my neck and when I pull my hand away there is blood on it. I look at Bekah concerned. "Jackson!"

"What the hell was that?" Bekah asks.

Jackson comes rushing into the room, his hand on his own neck. "You felt that too?"

I nod. "It felt like I was being stabbed." Bekah leaves Jackson and I alone in my room. "Jackson you need to know that Elijah is trying to unlink us from Sophie Deveraux as we speak." I can tell by his face that he is upset. "I promise you that I am going to find a way to break this curse."

Jackson sits down on the bed next to me. "What happens to me doesn't matter. All I care about is that you and our daughter are safe. If unlinkging you and me from Sophie Deveraux is the only way to do that then so be it."

"You know we're having a baby together and I realize you know nothing about me," I state.

Jackson smiles at me. "Well Else Mikaelson I know that you may look twenty two but you are over a thousand years old. You and Klaus are the only two of your species." Jackson chuckles. "Well up until now. You absolutely have a sweet tooth for beignets. And you would do anything for your family."

I smile. "Well Jackson Kenner I know that the only cereal you will eat is frosted flakes. You've never been out of the city of New Orleans. You can't sleep with socks on."

Jack gives me a look. "How do you know that?"

I laugh. "I may sneak into your room every night to check on you."

I can't read the expression on Jackson's face.

Our sweet moment is interrupted by Bekah. "It's time for the demon spawn to snack!"

I laugh slightly. "I really wish you wouldn't call her that."

"Oh, sorry, have you picked another name yet?" Bekah asks.

I give her a look. "Not my fault you threatened to snap my neck, everytime I come up with a name you don't like."

Bekah holds out a basket of apples. "Take one, the plantation's lousy with them."

I pick one up. "It always has been."

"I remember the time you got angry with Nik and threw one so hard at his head that you managed to snap his neck." Bekah and I both chuckle. "Speaking of how is your neck?"

"I feel fine... which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related," I state.

Bekah looks from me to Jackson. "Then, do me a favor, and neither of you die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it."

"You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch," Jackson states.

Bekah smiles. "What changed your mind?"

Jackson laughs. "Oh, I still think you're a bitch. I've just grown to like that about you."

Bekah chuckles. "Don't worry it runs in the family."

I smile. "Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say."

Bekah's face becomes more serious. "Remember it when I'm gone."

"Gone?" Jackson looks confused. "Where are you going?"

She sighs. "I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so... as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."

Jackson looks sad to see Bekah go. I can tell he is starting to care about my family.

"You say that every time but..." I start. I stop when I start to feel woozy.

Bekah frowns. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "I dunno, probably morning sickness..."

Jackson gets up and walks over to check on me.

Bekah places her hand on my forehead. "Oh, you're burning up, actually." She turns to Jackson. "You too."

Everything starts to go downhill from there. I can feel my body temperature starting to skyrocket. Jackson is in the same state as me, but he doesn't want to show it. He watches as Bekah blots sweat from my forehead with a washcloth.

"Stop fussing, will you? Elijah will be here any minute," Bekah tells me.

I groan. "I feel like I've been microwaved."

"Hey! Just because you're carrying a baby doesn't mean you get to act like one! I'm sure my little niece is healing you up as we speak," Bekah insists.

Elijah comes running into the room with Sophie behind him.

Rebekah looks appalled. "What the hell is she doing here?"

Sophie sighs. "I'm trying to help. "

"Help? You're the reason we're in this bloody mess! Why aren't we unlinked with this witch already, Elijah?" Bekah protests.

"Rebekah, let her do what she can," Elijah instructs.

"I may know a way to slow the fever down. But, I'm gonna need some special herbs." Sophie turns and looks at Bekah. "I'll text you a list."

Elijah nods his head in encouragement.

Bekah relents and smiles patronizingly. "Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl." She stomps over to Elijah and shoves the washcloth into his chest before leaving the room.

By the time night falls I feel like I am burning alive and at the same time I'm shaking as if I were cold. Elijah wraps a towel around me before carrying me outside to the pool. He sets me down on the edge. Bekah stands behind me feeling my forehead. Jackson is sitting across the pool by the trees. He knows that when the link to Sophie is broken he has to run.

Elijah is assisting Sophie with the herbs Bekah got. He shrugs off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves. "She's burning up! We need to do this now."

"Get her in the water!" Sophie shouts.

Elijah jumps into the pool still fully clothed before helping me in.

Bekah seems frustrated. "I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help."

Sophie mixes herbs in a cup before getting into the pool. "Her temperature is sky-high. The water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." She hands me the cup. "Drink this!" I do what I'm told. Sophie turns to Elijah. "You're going to have to get her heart rate down."

"How do you suggest I do that?" Elijah questions.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure," Sophie tells him.

Bekah watches us worried about how this is going to play out. "This is never gonna work."

Elijah picks me up bridal style. "Davina will break the link, we just need time."

I cling to Elijah as I start gasping for breath. "I can't breathe!"

Elijah looks at me. "Listen to me Else, long deep breaths." I try my hardest to control my breathing. "You'll be okay. You'll be okay."

Suddenly I feel an intense pain in my stomach. "AHHHH! AHHHH!" I can hear Jackson yell as well. I start to thrash around in Elijah's arms. Sophie starts to gasp as the linking spell begins to lift. I continue to groan in pain. "Agh!"

"I just felt it lift," Sophie states.

I can hear Jackson groan in pain. I look over at him and he starts to transform back into his wolf form. I wiggle out Elijah's grasp and slowly walk towards his direction. It is only a moment before Jackson is standing in front of me, a wolf. I nod my head at him letting him know that I will be fine. He looks at me for a moment before running off.

I make my way out of the pool. Both Elijah and Bekah looked relieved to see that I am okay and no longer linked to Sophie.

Sophie is still standing in the pool. She reaches out to grab Elijah as he starts to get out. "Elijah... as soon as your brother finds out that the link is broken, he'll kill Agnes. I know you don't owe me anything, but please, don't let him kill her." Elijah vamp speeds out of the pool and pulls out his cellphone. "Elijah! She's our only access to the power we need to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him!"

Elijah ignores Sophie as he makes a call. "It's me, where are you? Don't hurt her. Else and I'll be there shortly." He hangs up and turns to Sophie. "I'll make you one last promise. I won't let my brother kill Agnes."

Sophie nods at him gratefully. Elijah picks up his jacket and walks over to me. "If you are feeling up to it our brother would like your help with a little problem."

I nod my head. "I'll go get changed and meet you in your room."

I find Elijah getting ready to leave. "I'm ready when you are," I tell him.

Elijah smiles at me as he puts on his jacket.

"The unlinking worked! Maybe now we can make plans..." Bekah starts.

"Not now, Rebekah. Can we discuss this when Else and I return?" Elijah asks, walking past Bekah in a hurry.

Bekah sighs in frustration. "I won't be here when you return."

Elijah stops dead in his tracks. "That sounds like a goodbye."

Bekah smiles sadly. "...I guess it is. I only came to New Orleans to make sure you were safe. You are. I thought that I might be able to convince you to come with me, but here you are, rushing into whatever Klaus and Marcel and the witches have cooked up. And I finally get it." She starts to tear up. "You'll never leave this city. You'll never leave Klaus. And El, you aren't going to leave the father of your child or our brothers."

I walk towards her. "Then you should stay."

She shakes her head. "Elijah, this thing that you and Klaus and Marcel and now Else have, I want no part of it." Tears start to stream down her cheeks. "I just want to be free."

I smile at her as I start to tear up. "Well, then, go." I pull her into a hug before kissing her cheek. "You are free."

Elijah hugs Bekah before him and I head out. Nik has Agnes and her followers at St. Anne's church. When Elijah and I enter the church Nik has Agnes by the shoulder.

"Leave her," Elijah instructs. Klaus pulls Agnes into a headlock. He watches as Elijah and I walk towards him. "I gave my word."

The priest stands to greet Elijah.

"You tend to give your word at the most inopportune times, brother. We've been doing things your way all day. Come on!" Klaus shouts. "Just one little snap and it's 'Toodle-loo, Agnes.' She deserves it!"

"Niklaus, don't make another move. You have asked for my forgiveness. I will grant you that forgiveness, but do not make me break my word," Elijah tells him.

Klaus glares at our brother. After a moment he lets Agnes go. He stands there with his arms open wide. "My noble brother, how was that for personal growth, eh? Still, it is just like you to spoil all of my fun."

I stare at Agnes. "Oh, not necessarily."

I vamp speed over to the men who helped Agnes and rip out the heart of one and throw another in the air. I rip the heart of the last one out with such force that he goes flying. I turn towards Nik with a bloody heart in each hand, before dropping them on the floor. Agnes stares at me in horror as Nik grins proudly.

I walk towards Agnes. "Now, Elijah swore you would not die by our brother's hand. He said nothing of mine." I grab Agnes in a choke hold and push her backwards. She looks at me in sheer terror. "Nobody hurts my family and lives." I snap her neck and then turn to leave. "No one."

I head back to the house without another word to my brothers. I'm not an outlaw in the Quarter like Jackson was so I'll be fine. Once I get home I clean the blood from my hands and change my clothes once again.

I'm still looking through baby names when I hear a knock on the door. When I go to open it Josh is standing there.

"Where is he? I've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Klaus lied to him about where he lives," Josh tells me.

I sigh. "I may be his twin but I'm not his damn keeper, Josh."

"Fine! Just... tell him to call me, please," Josh almost begs.

I nod my head. "Okay." I shut the door and go back to my reading. It isn't long before there is another knock on the door. "Ugh, what the hell, Josh?"

However when I open the door Marcel is standing there. He smiles at me. "Hi there."

"Why are you here Marcel?" I ask.

"Just looking for Klaus, that's all," Marcel states.

I laugh a little. "Trust me he's not here."

"Interesting location to put down your roots, the same plantation where I was a slave," Marcel states.

I smile. "Well not many options left since you took over the Mikaelson family home in the Quarter. But that's ancient history now. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Nah. Enjoy the rest of your night, El." Marcel walks away, leaving me alone in the house once more.

Once again I go back to my book and once again someone knocks on the door. "Alright whoever it is this time you better have a good..."

I open the front door and then everything goes black.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

241K 7.4K 49
Within the mist of new villains 'you can never truly change your past' seems to be more true than ever. Yet if there was one thing Odette de Marie ha...
22.6K 590 19
What if there was a creature stronger than Klaus Mikaelson? What if she just happened to be best friends with him? Well that's me. I'm Juliet, sister...
222K 6.7K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
56.7K 1.3K 12
Graciela Salvatore is the younger sister to Damon, and the twin sister to Stefan. Graciela spent her life running away from love, but instead fell in...