1.1

Now back in New Orleans as a hybrid I thought I would be able to handle anything that is thrown my way. I was wrong. I only came back to New Orleans to find someone who needed to know the truth that I've been hiding. I went out to the Bayou to find him, but before I could, a group of witches knocked me out. And now I've spent days being held captive in some cemetery.

I can hear the cemetery gate squeak, meaning the witch, Sophie, is back. I'm surprised and relieved when I hear a familiar voice in the cemetery.

"Then I suggest you start talking. What did your sister want with Niklaus?" Elijah asks.

Sophie answers, "Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem, and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him. The witches have been trying to fight back. We haven't had much luck, until my sister Jane-Anne met a girl, a werewolf passing through the Quarter. She has a connection to you and your brother."

"What kind of connection?" Elijah questions.

"Bring her out!" Sophie shouts.

The witches that have been watching me follow her instructions. I'm dragged out from a crypt. Elijah looks dumbstruck. I can tell he is confused by my arrival.

"Give us a moment, please," Elijah tells Sophie.

Sophie lets Elijah and I head back inside the crypt. I sit down on a wooden bench as Elijah paces in front of me.

"So, have they been holding you here against your will?" Elijah asks.

"They lured me out to the bayou and grabbed me," I explain.

He sits down next to me on the bench. "What were you doing back in New Orleans in the first place?"

I look at him for a moment, not wanting to admit the truth. "I... I take a breath. "I was here a little while ago. I just wanted to see what had become of our city. I..."

I place my hand on Elijah's face. It's easier for me to show him what happened than to explain it with words.

I'm in a bar called Rousseau's. I sit at the bar drinking, when a tall guy with dark brown shaggy hair and facial hair comes up to me. We started talking, I thought he was cute.

"I'm Jackson," the guy introduces himself.

I smile at him. "Else."

"So, what brings you to the Big Easy?" Jackson asks.

"I used to live here," I tell him.

Jackson smiles. "Really, when?"

"Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago," I joke.

"What brought you back?" Jackson questions.

I smile. "I just wanted to see what became of the city. I think this is the place where I've been happiest of all."

I don't show Elijah much more. Only Jack and I kissing, which leads to making out. I make sure he catches a glimpse of the guy's birthmark, a crescent moon. The birthmark means he's from a clan here in New Orleans.

Elijah pulls his head back from my hand. He looks at me in shock and confusion. "Are you...?" Elijah doesn't finish the question. I nod my head. "And that werewolf is the father?"

I nod my head again. "Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, I'm a vampire. I can't have children."

Elijah looks at me for a moment before pulling me into a hug. I start to tear up. I'm terrified to admit that I'm pregnant. I've spent a thousand years assuming this was impossible. I can't suddenly be excited about the idea. I only knew the father for a few hours.