1.24

When I come to my head is in Jack's lap. I can tell he has been crying. I quickly sit up. "Where is our daughter?"

"Klaus and Elijah went after the witches hoping to find her at the cemetery," Jack informs me.

"We have to go. I can feel it, I can feel that our baby is still alive," I tell him.

I grab Jack's hand and vamp speed towards Lafayette Cemetery. Jack and I look around the cemetery hoping to find our daughter.

"The tombs are empty. The grounds are deserted. She's NOT HERE!" Jack shouts.

I try to calm him down. "Trust me she is here. We'll keep searching."

"We're wasting time!" Jack insists.

"The Harvest was here! The Reaping was here! They're about to perform a ritual which will feed their ancestors for centuries! Ancestors who are buried HERE!" I shout at him. I notice an angel statue on top of a tomb. "This statue we've passed by this three times, all whilst going in the same direction." Then it hits me. "They've fabricated some kind of illusion." I vamp speed to the top of the tomb with the angel statue and try to get a better view of the cemetery. Looking out, there seems to be an infinite number of tombs, stretching out to make the cemetery appear to be endless, my eyes widen in horror.

Jack and I wander through the illusion. Jack uses a stone to mark the tmbs as we pass them. "I can see them, I can feel them, but they're not real," Jack states.

I run my hands through my hair. "This is all my fault. This is the world that I created. All the enemies that I have created. What did I expect? That my child would be born into a happy life? That we could live and thrive as some- as some sort of family?" I pause for a moment wiping a tear from my eye.

Jack shakes his head. "No this is not your fault. You wanted better for our daughter. You wanted to give her the world. And you will once we find her."

I get up and start to break through the illusion destroying the tombs. When we reach a room full of candles, we stop and catch our breath.

Jack sighs. "We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time."

I punch through a wall in frustration. "Then we move faster."

"Or smarter." I turn around when I hear Elijah's voice. Nik and Elijah walk into the tomb.

I think hard for a moment before leading my brothers and Jack through the maze of tombs. After a few moments we turn a corner and suddenly see Genevieve holding a knife above my baby's head.

Elijah picks up an urn and lobs it at the witches, which slams against Genevieve's hand and knocks the athame onto the ground. The four of us run toward them, so Monique and Abigail hold each other's hands and channel the ancestors' power to throw us backwards while Genevieve goes to find the athame.

"La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur... La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur," Abigail chants.

"You fools! To come against us in our place of power in our strongest hour? You don't face three, you face us all!" Monique shouts.

I can see that hundreds and hundreds of the dead witches have come together to protect them as they complete their sacrifice. That doesn't stop me as I try to fight the witches. Jack and I run in opposite directions as Nik and Elijah rush straight towards the witches.

I get cornederd by the spirits of Papa Tunde's twin sons. They telekinetically throw me into a tomb, shattering it. I pull myself out of the tomb and rush back towards the Harvest girls. I see a wrought iron fence, and break off one of the spikes. I throw it forcefully toward Abigail, which impales her through the stomach and kills her, breaking the connection that she and Monique had to the ancestors.