1.23

Jackson and Oliver are out getting the stones needed to create the moonlight rings. They have been gone for a while and I am kind of worried.

I call Nik with Elijah, from the courtyard.

"Yes, sister, what is it?" Nik asks.

I can't help but keep pacing.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother," Elijah tells him.

I cut in, "They should have been back hours ago. We need to find them."

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd," Nik informs us.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" I ask.

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution," Nik explains.

"Do enlighten us," Elijah states.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose," Nik states.

I sigh. "Marcel."

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit," Nik tells us. He pauses for a moment. "And there it is." Nik hangs up the phone.

I look at Elijah. "I swear if anyone hurts Jackson I won't hesitate to kill half of New Orleans."

Elijah smiles slightly. "I don't think anyone would dare anger you in your present state."

It isn't long before we get a call from Nik. He tells us he knows where Jackson is. We head to the docks. Inside Thierry's warehouse we find Jackson bound to a chair with a black hood over his head. Oliver is nowhere to be seen.

Jack flinches when I pull the hood from his head. He calms down when he realizes it is me.

Nik grabs his face. "Accolades to Marcel, he did quite a dance across the bridge of your nose. Where is he now?"

Jackson looks around, and then looks down at the floor to find that there is an explosive rigged to the legs of his chair, which is connected to a crate that has an even larger bomb inside.

"Nowhere to be found." I open another crate and find another bomb. "Although, he did leave us a delightful parting gift."

Nik looks at Jack. "What about the stones?"

Jack becomes frantic. "I don't know. Untie me, I'll help you find them!"

"Sit still!" I shout at him. Jack does as he is told and comes down. "I promise you, you'll be freed as soon as it's safe."

Elijah kneels down to examine the triggers on Jackson's chair, while Klaus looks into another crate, which holds yet another bomb. "Our focus should be the stones."

I look around in a few more crates. "Disregard my brother. Over the course of the last millennium, his capacity for tact has somewhat diminished."

"Well, that's typical, isn't it? Marcel fills a room with dynamite, and yet, I'm the tactless one," Nik argues.

"I recognize these explosives from the attack on the Bayou. Could you remind me, again, why you believed that Marcel was innocent?" Elijah questions.

Nik shrugs. "Remind me to ask him before I pull out his innards."

I open another crate to find that it contains at least six bombs. "Okay," I gesture around myself and the crate, "Exercise extreme caution in this general area. Bit of a mess." I start back towards Jack, having had enough reckless fun poking through crates.