1.17

It's finally a full moon. I wait anxiously for Jackson to show up in his human form. Hayley isn't here. Nik found out that Elijah gave her our mother's ring and freaked out. She is somewhere in the Bayou in her wolf form.

After what feels like forever Jack walks over to me, a smile on his face. I smile hesitantly as I hand him the jar of the cure Celeste made. We heat it up over a flame before handing it out to all the Crescent wolves. We all watch anxiously as the moon starts to wane.

I let out a sigh of relief when Jack and his pack stay human. Everyone starts to cheer. I don't hesitate to pull Jack into a hug.

He whispers in my ear, "Thank you."

I pull away from him. "I told you I would fix this." I pause for a moment. "I'm so glad you're back. I don't think I could do this without you. Everything has just gone to hell since you know..."

Jack smiles at me sympathetically. "I told you I would always be there for you and our daughter."

I laugh slightly as I sit beside the fire. "You have no idea what has happened in the past few days."

Jack sits next to me and smiles. "Well I've got nothin' but time."

"Long story short I was mad at Elijah, and Nik tried to kill Bekah, because of old treacheries. Then Bekah left New Orleans for good." Jack looks at me not really surprised. "I may have kicked all the vampires out of the compound. Oh, and Elijah had to kill his old lover so, good news for him and Hayley."

Jack chuckles slightly. "Do you Originals ever sleep?"

I shake my head. "Family quarreling never rests."

Jack sticks his hand out to me. "Well I think now is a good time for you to get some rest for the baby."

The next day I step out onto the porch of the shack. I watch for a moment as some of the wolves spare with one another. I notice Jack standing off to the side and make my way over to him. "Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?"

"Nah. That's just for pecking order." Jack smiles. "They already know who's the Alpha."

The werewolf knocks the other guy out. "Ohh! Next up!"

Jack and I head inside one of the shacks where the rest of the Crescent wolves are setting the table for dinner. "You gotta try Tucker's ribs."

I smile at Jack. "I would love to stay and eat ribs, maybe play some horseshoes, but I have some Original business to take care of."

Jack looks a little sad. "Don't mock country living, darlin'." I laugh a little. "I'll see you later."

I head back to the compound. I find Elijah in the courtyard. He smiles at me slightly. "Did the cure work?"

I nod my head. "Yes. Hayley finally has her family."

"And you finally have the father of your child," Elijah states.

I smile from ear to ear at the mention of Jack. "Alright are we ready for this meeting?" Elijah holds up a pair of heels in his hand. "Elijah I don't think those go with your suit."

Elijah chuckles slightly. "They belong to the woman our brother has grown fond of. We must try and get him to attend this meeting with us."

I nod my head. Elijah and I make our way up to Nik's art room. As we approach the room I can hear Genevieve's voice. "Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons."

"My demons are dead, or chased off," Nik answers.

When Elijah and I walk in I see my brother buttoning his shirt and Genevieve sits on the couch in lingerie.