1.22

Then I feel myself wake up with a gasp. I look around and this time I'm not alone. Jack helps me sit up.

"You're alright, darlin. You're alright," Jack reassures me.

My brothers look at me and I can tell they are relieved. Elijah rubs my arm softly.

"I saw him. He tried to kill me. I saw Mikael," I blurt out.

I clean myself up before sitting on the end of my bed. I turn around when I sense someone behind me.

When I look Nik is standing in the doorway. "You've proved quite resilient, little sister. Fighters, both of you."

I smile slightly. "I guess I've always had to be, Nik. Even in death Mikael wanted me dead." I pause for a moment. "I've decided that I'm going to move back in."

"Well, I'm relieved to hear it and I'm sure Elijah will be too," Nik tells me.

"Jackson is going to move in as well. That's my one demand," I tell him.

Nik groans. "If it means keeping the newest Mikaelson safe, fine."

Nik leaves me alone. I need some air so I step out onto the balcony. I watch as the people below still celebrate Father Kieran's life. People are dancing and drinking while a marching band plays jazz.

I turn around when I hear Genevive speak, "I see that you are fine. I would suggest going to a doctor once you've gotten some rest, but you're in the clear." I don't answer her. She sighs. "I'll see myself out."

I swallow my pride. "Genevieve. Thank you for your help."

Genevieve looks surprised. "You're welcome."

"You tore my sister from my family. I cannot forgive that. However, I may be inclined to show a degree more kindness if you could help me with a slight... issue," I tell her.

Genevieve nods her head. "Anything."

"You know that Jackson is the father of my baby. Once our daughter arrives I don't want him to miss a moment of her life. I would like to create for him a gift, a ring of empowerment, something to control this... curse," I explain.

Genevieve looks confused. " What kind of spell would."

I cut her off, "A spell of my mother's, from her grimoire. Which, as I understand, you have been rather eager to obtain."

Genevieve grins slyly, clearly interested in this proposal. I explain to her what I need her to do. She agrees to perform the spell for me.

Once she leaves I stand on the balcony for a few minutes, alone once again. All though like most times my peace is interrupted.

Jackson walks into the room. "Else." I turn around and smile at him. "I thought you were gone, I thought the baby was gone." Jack sits down on my bed and I sit next to him.

I touch his hand. "See I'm here, I'm still here." I place his hand on my stomach. "And our little girl is fine. She's a fighter." I pause for a moment. "I was so scared today. I haven't felt that kind of fear since 1919."

Jack looks at me sympathetically. "What happened in 1919?"

"My father came to New Orleans in search of Klaus and I," I tell him. I place my hand on his temple so he can see the memories. "My family and I were happy in New Orleans."

It's 1919 in a jazz club. People dance, sing, laugh, mingle and drink. At the bar Elijah, Nik, his girlfriend Lana, and I turn to observe the scene before us.

"Well this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops." Nik glances at a group of cops toasting their glasses together and drinking to the occasion. "All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."