1.16

My siblings and I stand facing each other ready to fight. Nik is holding a white oak stake. Elijah is holding Papa Tunde's blade. Elijah slowly starts to approach Nik. "Walk away."

"Don't move!" Nik shouts.

Elijah turns to face Bekah. "Leave us now."

Bekah looks scared. "I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake."

Nik points the stake in Bekah's direction. "I brought it for you, sister."

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now," Elijah instructs Bekah.

She vamp speeds away. I don't hesitate to follow after her, even though I can hear Elijah call after me. He doesn't follow after me though. He is more concerned with Nik and the white oak stake. He knows I can't do much harm to Bekah, only a bite if I really wanted to cause her some discomfort.

Bekah doesn't go far, only to a tomb just out of our brothers' sight. I listen to her as she talks on the phone with Marcel. She is worried that Nik will kill her. I think if he is given the opportunity he will.

When she hangs up the phone I finally make my presence known. "Why?" Bekah turns towards me and all the fear on her face from earlier turns to sadness. "Why would you bring Mikael here? I was happy. Elijah was happy. Nik was under control. Our family was in a good place."

Bekah has tears in her eyes. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I didn't even mean for Niklaus to get hurt. I just wanted to scare him."

I shake my head. "No you were willing to risk our lives for Marcel. That's all you wanted, Marcel. Tell me the truth. You weren't thinking about anyone but yourself."

Bekah looks angry. "If I don't care for myself who will. I have spent a thousand years caring for Nik, and what has that ever gotten me?"

"You know as well as I that we make sacrifices for the ones we love, no matter what. We have been there for one another, always and forever," I tell her.

Bekah shakes her head as she steps towards me. "I have always been there for this family, Else. For once I wanted someone to be there for me. Marcel was my future, one where I didn't have to worry about Nik daggering me, or killing whoever I dared to love."

I look at Bekah sympathetically for a moment. "I want to believe you Bekah, but a part of me is still mad that you could be so reckless." I gesture with my fingers. "Mikael was this close to killing me. What would you have done then?"

"I don't know!" Bekah shouts. She quickly recomposes herself. "I tried to get Genevive to keep Mikael from coming here. I tried to get her to undo the spell, but she couldn't." Tears come to her eyes again. "I never wanted to hurt you."

I start to tear up myself. "I want to believe you. I need to believe you. Unlike Niklaus I don't want to lose my sister." I smile slightly. "Us girls have got to stick together."

"I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage. He's gonna kill me," Bekah worries.

"Elijah is doing everything he can to keep Nik away from you. Everything he can to keep you alive," I tell her.

"And what about you? Whose side are you one?" Bekah asks me.

"I'm not on anyone's side. I just don't want to see you die," I tell her truthfully.

Bekah and I can hear Elijah and Nik arguing. We head out to see what is happening.

"You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" Nik asks.