1.3

I don't think I can do this. I don't think that I can bring a baby into this family. Into a world where people want their mother dead. Where their father is cursed to his wolf form every day of the month, except for the full moon. If I get rid of this baby Jackson can go back to his life without Mikaelson drama. Without me. I can go back to my life of only having to worry about myself.

With nobody home but Jackson I take this opportunity to sneak out. I head into the Quarter, trying my hardest to not be seen. I find a store that sells herbs, but as I'm walking up a woman is locking the door. "Hey, hey!"

"We're closed, sorry," the woman tells me.

"I just need one teeny, tiny little herb," I tell the woman. "Please?"

"Which herb?" she asks.

"Crushed aconite flower," I tell her.

"Wolfsbane? That's a poison. You're gonna kill a wolf?" the woman asks quietly.

"Just a little one," I admit.

"Give me a minute," the woman says. She heads back into the shop. After a few seconds she comes back, holding a vial in her hand. "Cut it with jimson weed. A few drops in some hot tea that should do it."

I take the vial and go to hand her some money. "Here."

The woman refuses. "It's an ugly town for wolves. You're doing the right thing."

I nod at her before walking away. I stop and get tea quickly. I head to a park, where I sit on a bench. There isn't anyone around. I sit for a while contemplating if I should really go through with this. I don't know if I should betray Jackson like this, but then again, it's my body, my choice.

I take the dropper from the bottle and drip some into the cup of tea. "Come on, Else. One upset stomach and all this stupid drama is ancient history."

I lift the cup toward my mouth and close my eyes. I hear a branch snap. My eyes shot open. I stand up and when I turn around, I see a vampire standing in front of me.

"Dumb move, coming into the Quarter. You're coming with me, wolf," the man demands.

"I have had it up to here with vampires telling me what to do." I throw the cup of tea in the man's face. He screams out in pain. I turn around and see two more vampires.

I am about to handle them when Bekah shows up. She snaps the neck of one before ripping the heart out of the other. "Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners." She throws the heart on the ground.

"You shouldn't have killed him, Bekah. Marcel will be angry, meaning Nik will be angry with us," I reason.

"Nik will get over it. Let's get you home." Bekah wraps her arm around me.

When we get home Nik is not happy. He is throwing the bodies of vampires into a pile in the front yard. He yells at Bekah and I while doing so, "This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter, and I don't think Marcel will be too happy to hear another Original is back in town. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril!" Bekah walks toward the pile of bodies. One of the men is still alive. "Leave him! You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing!" Bekah shouts. "Elijah made a deal to protect our sister's child, so that maybe it could save our family from ourselves. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?"