2.2

I sit in the tub washing the blood from my body. I went on a hunt instead of dealing with my emotions. It's easier to distract myself than to deal with my inner turmoil.

Elijah walks into the room, with a scowl on his face.

I smile slightly. "You must have seen the man on the balcony."

Elijah shakes his head. "You've had an eventful evening. I didn't even know about the man on the balcony. I saw the woman propped up against the fountain in the courtyard."

I shrug my shoulders. "I was having a crappy day, so Nik took me out to the Cauldron. Wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches!"

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers?" Elijah asks sarcastically.

"Oh, don't judge, Elijah! What I did is no worse than anything Nik has ever done. No worse than Kol. Hell even I've done worse than this," I remind him.

"I would hope that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than Niklaus," Elijah tells me.

Suddenly Nik joins us in the bathroom. "Now, now Elijah, our sister is grieving; she is entitled to act in whatever way makes her feel better."

Elijah rolls his eyes. "So you took her on a witch hunt?"

Nik smiles. "I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for us. When they proved unable to do so, I let Else have her fun."

"She grows more savage by the day!" Elijah shouts.

I laugh slightly. "Wow. Thanks for the bode of confidence, Elijah." Elijah throws me a towel as he and Nik turn around. "Sorry I never could live up to the pretty little picture you paint of me." I get out of the tub and wrap the towel around myself.

"You should have seen her last night. Covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear. A little less criticism from you, and Else will be just fine," Nik tells Elijah.

"Our sister deserves to be better than fine," Elijah says as he glares at Nik. "You'll take her to the Bayou. Find any remaining wolves." Elijah turns towards me. "Perhaps your people can reach you." Elijah doesn't wait for an answer as he storms out of the room.

I look at Nik and roll my eyes. "Why does he act like he is always in charge of us?"

"Maybe he is right. I will take you to the Bayou," Nik tells me.

I pout. "Can't I just integrate some more witches with you."

Nik smiles slightly. "We will find your pack and then you can come speak to the witches with me."

I nod my head, before walking out the door. I quickly get changed and we head to the Bayou. When we arrive at the wolf encampment it's empty.

I look at Nik. "I told you, this place is deserted."

"No, their scent is fresh. They're hiding," Nik tells me. He looks through some more empty tents. "Which means somewhere nearby, we will find the remnants of your pack."

"And then what? It's not exactly like they're going to welcome us. They never liked you from the start and now they think I am part of the reason Jack abandoned them," I state.

Nik shakes his head. "What they hate is their lack of power. Hence the willingness of their brethren to deal with that witch in exchange for rings! But, she hasn't gotten to your lot yet, so, we need to get to them first and ensure they align with us."

"Awesome. All we gotta do is find them," I state.

Nik laughs. "You're a hybrid, use your senses."

I roll my eyes. "Wow thanks for the help." I start to sniff the air. "This is bloody stupid. They aren't going to want me back."