1.19

I walk into the compound, surprised to see people with jackhammers drilling through the courtyard concrete. Elijah is standing by watching. "What is all this?"

Before Elijah can answer Nik walks out onto the balcony shouting, "Enough with all the racket!" Genevieve follows behind him.

Elijah smirks. "Is there a problem, brother?" He turns to the workers. "Gentlemen, please."

Nik starts walking down the stairs, Genevieve still trailing behind him. "I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus."

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not," Elijah states.

"I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover," Genevieve says.

"Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something," Nik taunts.

"Actually I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change," Genevieve tells us.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" I question.

Genevieve smiles. "La Fête des Bénédictions." Elijah and I laugh slightly. "Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family, and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment, and you would like a party for the witches?" I question.

My brothers chuckle slightly.

"I made my amends with your brother." Genevieve turns to face Nik. "Why don't you think it over?" Genevieve suggests before leaving.

"Oh, don't be such a stiff, Else. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith toward a one time enemy?" Nik offers.

"A one time enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate," I state.

"Well, who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Nik taunts.

Elijah doesn't say anything before walking out of the courtyard. I turn to Nik. "Seriously why are you with Genevieve?"

"Well dear sister, why are you still spending your days in Bayou?" Nik asks.

"How is that even remotely the same thing?" I question.

Nik smirks. "I believe you're growing rather fond of a certain alpha."

I roll my eyes. "Nik, he is the father of my child, your niece, I think it would be a problem if I didn't care about him, if I didn't want to spend time with him."

"Well since I know you would do anything for Jackson's pack, I need you to help Oliver find someone," Nik tells me.

I look at him curiously. "Who?"

"The werewolf who had our mothers ring, Cary," Nik states.

"Is this so you can get those rings made for the pack?" I ask. Nik nods. "Fine I will help after I invite the factions to this stupid witch party."

I first head out to meet with Diego and the rest of the vampires.

"You want us to go to a witch event on bended knee and give them a gift? I'm sorry, but I just remembered. We're busy doing just about anything else that night," Diego asserts.