1.18

I quickly compel servants to set up for the party. I need to go out to Bayou to personally invite the wolves. When I get out there I find Jack sitting on a porch. I smile at him slightly, but I can tell he is angry.

"Since when did Original business mean becoming Queen of the city?" Jack questions.

I sit down next to him. "Jack, you need to understand I want the wolves represented, but the witches and vampires are reluctant."

Jack shakes his head. "I don't care what the witches and vampires want, we deserve a seat."

"I know Jack, just listen please," I plead. Jack's face softens. "I am throwing a party at the compound tonight."

"What is a party going to do?" Jack asks.

"If I can't get you a seat at the table, I'm just going to get rid of the table," I explain. Jack looks confused. "The party is a way for the wolves to make their presence known in an informal setting."

"I guess it is a step in the right direction," Jack admits.

I smile slightly. "Please come, and bring a few of the wolves as well."

Jack smiles slightly. "Alright. I'll try my best to convince the others to come with me."

I stand up. "Thank you, Jack."

"Anything for you, Else," Jack tells me.

I head back to the compound. When I arrive everything is all set up and ready for the party. It's only a matter of time until the guests start to show up.

I stand with Elijah and Nik on one of the balconies overlooking the people below. I smile when I notice Jack, Hayley, and a few other wolves enter the party.

I turn to Nik. "I'm impressed, brother."

Nik smiles. "Yes."

"Now if I can just keep them from tearing one another to shreds," I state.

"Well, then for your sake, here's to a spectacularly boring evening," Nik cheers.

I see Diego purposely bump into Jack. "What's up, little man?"

Oliver gets angry and Jack tries to calm him down, "He's not even worth it."

Elijah and I try to follow after Jack, but Francesca stops us. I ignore her and keep after Jack. I feel bad for abandoning Elijah, but I don't have time for Francesca right now. I don't know what it is but something about her rubs me the wrong way.

"Jack!" I call out. Jack stops and turns to face me. "Thank you for getting a handle on Oliver."

"We need to make a good impression. I'm not gonna let Ollie ruin that," Jack tells me.

Elijah finally gets free of Francesca and joins Jack and I. "It's nice to see you Jackson. Welcome to my home."

"Listen I'm here for Else. I'm grateful for all you've done for me, but things have changed," Jack explains.

Elijah smiles slightly. "Yes. It's rather unlikely that you'll experience an outpouring of kind sentiment here. The vampires in particular view you as... well, barbaric."

"Else tells me that this peace treaty is important to you," Jack states.

"Yes, it certainly is. So much so, in fact, that if anyone threatened to dismantle what I'm building here, I'd destroy everything they hold dear." Elijah smiles.

"Elijah," I start.

"Have a wonderful evening," Elijah says before storming off.

I shake my head at Jack. "I need to get away for a moment."