1.4

Bekah, Klaus, and I are in the foyer discussing recent events.

I pout as I look out the window. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire."

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Nik smirks. "Besides, I would not let my pregnant little sister play with fire."

Bekah chuckles. "Good choice she might use it to burn you next."

Jackson shows up in the doorway smiling slightly at me.

"Alright, I would like to know what the plan is," I state.

Klaus grins. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, dear sister, my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Bekah takes a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Nik's direction. Nik catches it easily a few centimeters from his face.

I laugh lightly. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, our good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

Nik smirks. "In the front, if we're being specific."

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Jackson asks.

Jackson barely knows Elijah and yet he cares. I would guess it's so he can start dealing with Elijah again instead of Klaus.Elijah has always been the brother people respect, the brother people enjoyed having a conversation with. Conversations that didn't end in injury or death.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy, he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly." Nik turns to Bekah. "Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," Bekah informs me.

"Nik, that cannot be your whole plan," I insist.

Bekah scoffs. "Please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but you know there is none more diabolical."

"And that's only Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B," Klaus states.

"Dare I ask what Plan B is?" I question.

Klaus smiles. "War."

Apparently Jackson is not to be trusted in the plan, because he was instructed by Nik to not leave the house. Thankfully I don't have the same problem. Now that Marcel knows I am back in town it would be suspicious for him to not see me around. But Jackson is still a werewolf and still banned from the city, so he has to stay inside if he wants to stay out of Marcel's way and stay alive.

Bekah and I head into the Quarter.

I have Nik on the phone as we walk. "Niklaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?"

"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, 'No.' Marcel's man, Thierry, is suspicious. He thinks one of you killed ten nightwalkers," Nik explains.

Bekah feigns offense. "Well, that's a lie! I only killed eight. Should I make Thierry the ninth?"

"Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favorite son, or he'll catch onto us," Nik tells us.

"So, war it is, then?" I ask.

"Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?" Nik questions.

Bekah smiles. "I believe we do."