Snippets

By JaxTindley

one shots. definitely fiction. katuwaan lang. More

Give Love On Christmas Day
IG Story
Cravings
Kiss
Silip
Iron Man
Lippie
Sando
Chicken Soup
Burjer
Birthday Gift
Mcdo
EB Anniversary
Split Screen Surprise
Boy Kissoy
AdrenalineRush
Field Day
Panel
Kalabit (part 1)
Kalabit (part 2)
Passport (Part 1)
Passport (Part 2)
Passport (Part 3)
Tampo (Part 1)
Tampo (Part 2)
Ice Cream
Scent
Biyaheng Cebu
Happy Birthday RJ!
Fireworks
Boom!
Boss
Yellow Blanket
Flowers
A Dei with the Bae
Aldrich and Stacy
Happy Birthday Meng! (Part 1)
Happy Birthday Meng! (Part 2)
Happy Birthday Meng! (Part 3)
Sunday Blues
Aycee's First Birthday
The (2nd) Wedding (Part 1)
The (2nd) Wedding (Part 2)
The (2nd) Wedding (Part 3)
Panaginip
I Miss You
Thirdy's home
Earthquake
Sunburn & Bubbles
A Little Space
Late Night Munchies
At the End of the Day (Mother's Day) - Part 1
At the End of the Day (Mother's Day) - Part 2
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Labor of Love
Clingy
Three Five Seven
Lock, stock and six smoking barrels (Part 1)
Lock, stock and six smoking barrels (Part 2)
Lock, stock and six smoking barrels (Part 3)
Picture Perfect
It rained that Day (Part 1)
It rained that Day (Part 2)
Happy Father's Day Richard! (Part 1)
Happy Father's Day Richard! (Part 2)
Baby Girl
HLG Premiere Night
Of bedroom door locks
Brighter than Sunshine
Jenny's 50th
That's My Boy
Harana
Twelve Days (Part 2)
Twelve Days (Part 3)
RJ's Blog Post
It started with a Road Trip (Part 1)
It Started with a Road Trip (Part 2)
Positive
And Then They Were Three
Midnight Snack
Eight At Home (Part 1)
Eight At Home (Part 2)
Eight At Home (Part 3)
Sa Tamang Panahon
Trick or Treat
Isang Dekada (Part 1)
Isang Dekada (Part 2)
Aycee's First Heartbreak
Chuchay and Tita J
Visiting Lola Rio
ALDUB: Then and Now (Part 1)
ALDUB: Then and Now (Part 2)
ALDUB: Then and Now (Part 3)
ALDUB: Then and Now (Part 4)
In Sickness and In Health
Thirdy's Crush
Merry Christmas Faulkersons! (Part 1)
Merry Christmas Faulkersons! (Part 2)
Happy New Year Faulkersons!
Thank You

Twelve Days (Part 1)

1.5K 56 2
By JaxTindley

Dito tayo ha, dito lang tayo. 😊💚
This is a multi-chap snippet so I hope you like it. Hoping to put in maybe one or two more sa Moments by saturday. Hopefully. No promises though 😆
Credits to Alden's igs and to whoever posted this pic of Maine, thank you. Pahiram lang po 😊❤️
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
Hinga lang mga mahal.. this too shall pass. Hugs ko kayong lahat! 🤗🤗🤗

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

It was an ordinary day for most. The birds passing outside of this home are minding their own business, oblivious to the teary-eyed couple standing just outside the foyer. They were just part of the background of the birds' flight to their destination.

Nicomaine wrapped her arms around Richard's neck and pressed her lips to his. His familiar warmth and taste nearly brought tears to her eyes yet again today.
RJ broke the kiss, hugging Maine tightly and kissing her temple instead, otherwise he would be dragging her back into their bedroom and not letting her go.

Twelve days outside of the county for work; this is not the first time he and his wife would be apart for more than a night since they got married and it certainly won't be the last, but it will be the first time he will be away from his kids for more than two days. The last time he was away this long was way back when his wife was still pregnant with their firstborn and even then he made it a point to go back home every weekend from Hongkong where they were shooting the film as his wife was in right in the middle of her "clingy pregnancy stage" during that time. But this time, Switzerland is far off from just being in Hongkong. And that twelve days is already the shortest number of days he could bargain out of it. This is his directorial debut in the big screen. After coming back from his film-making course for a year at NYU, he has directed some episodes of tv shows for GMA and even a couple of drama episodes for Eat Bulaga and APT, but this will be his first time as a director of a big movie. This time the helm would be his. This is huge one for him.

R: *wiping a tear from her face* Ma, wag ka na umiyak please, it's only twelve days. I'll be back before you know it. *deep inside though, he wasn't sure who he was trying to convince, his wife or himself*

He gave his boys Thirdy and Theo extra hugs and kisses, he sure will miss their noise and laughter. His boys are his constant shadows when he's at home, copying everything daddy says or does. He almost broke down when he lifted his nine month old daughter Aycee in his arms and kissed her sweet chubby cheeks. Twelve days he won't be able to touch that cute little chubby face or smell that perfect perfume of fresh baby and milk scent. Not that he's going to admit it in this lifetime, but his baby daughter whom they named Athena Celestine is a bit extra special to him as a dad, finally having a little girl after two boys. The Mendoza-Faulkerson kingdom has finally gained a princess. He almost didn't want to let all of them go. He reluctantly handed baby Aycee back to Yaya Pepe. Richard faced his wife again and gave her another hug.

M: I love you.. *she smiled through her tears*

R: and I love you more and more.. *kissing her again, hugging her real tight* Mag ingat lagi Mommy, ang mga bata ha wag pababayaan. Anything you need just call me, doesn't matter what time, just call. If I'm on take or rolling, kuya Sam or Mama Ten will have my phone. Nagbilin na ko sa bawat tao dito including the drivers and all the security. Walang mababali sa bilin ko ha. I expect those to be followed to the letter. Nagbilin na din ako kila daddy and nanay and tatay. They will take turns staying here for a few days habang wala ako para may ibang kasama kayo dito. Again, ang mga bata bantayan mabuti lalo na yung dalawang boys na ubod ng likot. Ang prinsesa ko ha, wag lang malapitan ng lamok yan!

M: *chuckles through her tears* haba ng litanya ah.

R: Mommy naman.. *cups M's cheeks with both hands wiping away her tears* I love you.. * kisses her deeply one last time, another hug before finally letting her go* Let's go na kuya Sam. *he walked towards the SUV but before entering he turned to wave and to blow kisses in his family's direction* Bye! Ingat kayo dito ha!

M: *taking baby Aycee in her arms* Say bye bye daddy! Take care daddy, we love you! *holds the baby's arm to wave goodbye as the two elder boys clung to her legs also waving bye bye to daddy*

~~ Richard~~
As the boarding began, Richard picked up his carry-on bag and pulled his boarding pass from his inner jacket pocket. He handed the pass to the attendant and took the stub from her. As he, along with his group made their way down the ramp, he unzipped the outside pocket on the bag to slip the stub inside. His hand encountered a folded piece of paper. He swapped the stub for the paper, and zipped the pocket. He glanced at the paper as he unfolded it. Maine's beautiful handwriting filled the small piece of paper: 'I am feeling your fingers intertwined with mine.' He smiled, and tucked the paper in his pocket, planning to slip it into his wallet after he stowed his bag.

~~Maine~~
Maine pulled herself together. She has her children to keep a close eye into. And it's not the first time that her husband has left the country for work. This is a big one for him, his first movie directorial job and she is just as excited for her husband and very proud. He has their family's full support. Meanwhile, she will hold the fort til he gets home. She also has her own work as well to keep her busy. Tonight she played with the kids and had dinner with them. After giving them their evening baths, she settled them to sleep. She allowed her boys to sleep in the big bed tonight. Aycee still stays in room with them in her crib. She took her nightly shower, and is now inside their walk in closet wrapped in her robe as she gathered some clothes and items that she's going to need for work the next day. She was sitting on her vanity table applying some moisturizers on her legs when she noticed a folded piece of paper tucked under her favorite bottle of perfume. She picked up the paper and saw her husband's distinctive scrawl: 'I already miss the taste of your lips.' She smiled, kissed the note and tucked it in her purse.

Her phone started ringing, it was Daddy Rick, her father in law, or better known as daddy bae to their fans.

DB: Hello Meng anak? Kumusta? Ayos lang ba kayong lahat dyan? Gusto mo ba akong dumaan dyan?

M: Good evening po Dad, okay lang po. Ayos lang din po ang mga bata. Wag na po kayong mag alala. Nagbilin naman po si RJ ng mabuti sa mga tao dito at sa security bago sya umalis.

DB: Sigurado ka ha? Sige bukas nalang ako dadaan dyan. Basta tawag lang ha kahit anong oras kahit anong kailangan.

M: Sige po Dad. Ingat din po kayo dyan. Ayos lang po kami dito. Kumusta nalang po kina lola. Hayaan nyo po I'll bring the kids over on saturday afternoon para makabisita naman.

DB: Ayan sige sigurado matutuwa ang lola nyo pati sila Angel. Miss na daw nila ang mga bata.

M: Makaka-asa po.

DB. O sige, ingat kayo dyan. Tawag lang kahit anong oras.

M: Sige po Dad, kayo din po ingat dyan. Good night po.

She completed her bedtime routine and wore RJ's shirt and her own pajama bottoms to bed. She finished all of her chores and shut off the main lights in room and settled for the night. She slipped quickly between the covers, figuring she would read for a bit. Her two boys are sprawled fast asleep on her side of the bed. Baby Aycee is also asleep, comfy and snug in her crib. She took Richard's side of the bed, the pillows smelling of him. She took comfort in the thought that tomorrow will be one day nearer to when her husband is coming back. home.

Maine awoke at 3:30am; her nightstand light still on and the book open at her side. The familiar warmth was missing and her thoughts drifted to their shared early morning time. Today was only the first morning without RJ, how would she make it through until he came home in twelve days?

~~Richard~~
When Richard arrived at Kloten Airport in Switzerland, he sent a quick imessage to Maine, 'arrived at Zurich. It's cold here. Love you. I miss you. Will be dreaming of you tonight.' She sent back a message within a few minutes, 'Love you more. Keep warm. I miss you.'

RJ picked up his carry-on bag and grabbed the handle of his suitcase as they make their way into their hotel. His 'home' away from home for the next twelve days. He put the suitcase on top of the bed and the carry-on bag on the desk. Out of curiosity, he pulled aside the drapes over the windows in his hotel suite. The view outside was magnificent but he couldn't help but wish his wife and kids are there with him. The last time he was here was when they made the side trip way back in 2016 when they were still shooting their movie Imagine you and Me in Como, Italy. That was a long time ago. He vowed to bring back his family next time. His baby Aycee should be big enough for long haul travel now. They actually have plans to go to the States for a vacation next year. The boys have been clamoring for Disneyland again.

He glanced at his watch; nearly 10pm local time already. Since he knew they would be up at 5am; he decided to get ready for bed. He opened the carry-on bag to get his toothbrush and toothpaste. He spotted another folded note, smiling as he read his beautiful wife's handwriting: 'I will feel your arms around me all night, every night you are away.' - M

He put the note into his wallet and picked up his cell phone. He swiped the screen to see the picture of Maine and then entered his passcode to see his family's picture. "I miss you," he whispered to each of them. "I love you.." He pressed 1 and speed dialed his wife.

~Maine~
Monday started off with the usual morning mayhem in the Mendoza-Faulkerson household: the princess Aycee demanding early morning playtime and mommy's always available milk supply, the boys also demanding their own morning playtime, then getting dressed, grabbing breakfast and making sure bags had everything they needed for the day. As Thirdy was getting dressed for school by Yaya Pepe, and Theo and Aycee are with Josie and Ninay, Meng grabbed the chance to walk back to the kitchen to refill her coffee mug and grab a quick bite to eat. She wasn't in the mood for heavy breakfast so she opened the pantry and noticed a sticky note on her favorite box of cereal. She smiled as she read the note, 'You taste better than any food, even pizza, chicharon, pansit or chocolate. Mmmm! Love you.. - RJ
She smiled and tucked the note in her bra to put into her purse when she goes upstairs again.

They would usually drop Thirdy off who goes to Kindergarten from 8am to 11:30am every day, then her and RJ alternate in going with Theo for playschool from 9am to 10:30am twice a week then for mommy/daddy and me classes with Aycee twice a week as well.

M: *dropping off Thirdy at school* Have a good day, my love *hugging and kissing Thirdy* Behave ha? Don't go anywhere until Kuya Aga and ate Ninay picks you up. Be good kuya, I love you.. *kissing Thirdy again*

Thirdy: Wuv you Mommy.. *hugging and kissing M then running off with his school friends*

M: Be careful Thirdy! *yells after him before facing Thirdy's teacher* Sorry Ruth, I didn't mean to shout, medyo nagmana lang yung anak ko sa ama nya, medyo dapain eh.

Thirdy's kindergarten teacher happens to be a classmate of Maine in high school. Ruth wasn't part of Maine's circle back then but they were constant classmates from first year to fourth year becoming very familiar with each other. In fact, they invited each other into their respective 18th birthday parties way back then.

Teacher Ruth: Walang kaso yun Meng. Marami akong nakatabing band-aids. *chuckles* And Thirdy's doing very well in school. He has a very inquisitive mind. He's good in math and has a good command of words.

M: He takes after his father na magaling sa math. I'm glad he's doing well. Sometimes I get very concerned na we might not be giving him enough attention. RJ and I try to give all three equal time as much as possible. Pero sometimes with all the work that we do, I can't help but think that we are overlooking things.

Teacher Ruth: He seems to be a well rounded boy. Of course, like any other boys may kalokohan din. But he doesn't seem to lack attention by the looks of it. He often talks nga about Theo and Aycee and of mommy and daddy. Sabi nya lagi my mommy and daddy are on tv! *laughs* He's very proud of you two. Cut yourself some slack Meng, I know you and RJ are doing your best.

M: Thanks Ruth.. your assurances are music to my mommy heart and ears. Salamat for always keeping an eye out for my son. Pag si Theo naman ang nag Kinder I'll make sure na sa class mo sya mapupunta. Brasuhan na to. *laughs*

Teacher Ruth: Sira! Salamat din sa confidence and trust. Always good to hear from the parents na they trust their child's teacher.

M: Kami dapat ang magpasalamat. Salamat sa pag aalaga sa anak namin. Hay I have to run, you know Theo has playschool on mondays. I have a full two weeks and you know RJ is out of the country. So if I forget a PTA meeting or anything, please feel free to call me anytime ha. Paalala mo sakin please?

Teacher Ruth: We're good for the next two weeks. No PTA meeting til after the third week. Yung show and tell lang in two weeks. We already sent out letters for that.

M: Yes I have it. We got in covered. Thank you Ruth! *hugs Ruth*

<end of part one>

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Non-proofread.
Non-beta'ed.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: Fully and all disclaimed.
Thank you for reading. 😊❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.1K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...
205K 4.2K 34
Adeline Claire Rovale is a naughty angel where she is lowered into the sky to do her first mission in the world of humans, until she meets a man with...
20K 1.4K 31
GaWong Story, lalaki dito si Deanna Wong 🥴
21.7K 492 26
Isang mabait at masayin na dalaga si NATASHA XIAN MADIRIGMA, hindi sila mayaman at ang kanyang mga magulang ay nag tatrabaho para may pang kain sila...