Running with His Child

By ItsLayLayH

After being involved with a cold-hearted mafia boss, Robyn Lehman decides its time to run. Little did she kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Authors Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
What The F-
Editing Help!

Chapter 34

271K 7.6K 1.5K
By ItsLayLayH

After dropping off Owen and retreating to my room, the thought of this whole scheme became absolutely difficult.

Sneaking around is definitely not my strong suit, and I could help but feel queasy at the thought of being caught.

Logical questions popped in my head as I paced in the little space of floor the large furniture left in gap. Security cameras hung from every damn corner of the mansion- I was starting to think there was a hidden on in my room even.

There are guard posts everywhere. I doubt Matilda knows them all! There's probably one stationed right outside the office... How are we going to get past those beefy soldiers?

Well, I guess you could away I am a good actress, looking back at chapter one, I was pretty badass with that whole fake crying and innocent look.

I can think of lies on a whim, unlike others who stumble and all. Perhaps that makes me a compulsive liar- Nah! I think it's more along the lines of Improv Legend.

This was going to be a disaster and I knew it. Matilda is not always the most reliable person to steer trouble away... I know that from all the shopping trips we've taken to the supermarket- old ladies are quite the devil when you take the last flour bag.

Even though this crazy plan was probably going to fail and get me killed, I had no other choice but to at least try. This was for the sake of my son, and for Matilda and her son. I couldn't let them down.

By time my thoughts and my small panic episodes were finished, it was time to move out, and head to the bathroom.

I slid the door open slowly, watching to make sure that I didn't slam it into the guard outside my room. 

I'm sure if Matilda would have kept all this information from me, I would have caught on eventually. I mean, why does no one else in this hall have a guard?

The tall and buff guard watching my room simply glared down at me, which made me angry inside.

Asshole.

"Im going to the bathroom," I told him dead in the eyes. "I wouldn't come around there for a bit, it's as bad as last time." I added quickly moving off, holding back on my laughter. These guys are too easy.

I reached for the bathroom handle, turning it slowly before yeeting inside quickly. It was quite beautiful in the bathroom, almost the same look as the one in Kyle's estate. It was hard to peel my eyes away from the unique designs of the tiles, but then I remembered what was at stake, and that I could view the gorgeous bathroom another time.

The door was located right across from the other, which made it an easy trip into the bedroom.

The room was about the size of my bedroom, this time, the theme was mostly a green scheme.

Deciding not to get caught up in the room like I did in the bathroom, I quickly made my way to the other door, opening it ever-so-slightly. It was quite surprising to see that no guards were stationed around me.

My body moved out of the door frame as stealthily as I could manage- which wasn't very stealthy at all. With my 'luck', the belt loop on my jeans caught onto the door handle. This made me initially freak out, but after a few seconds, my pants were loose, and I was on my way down the hall.

Matilda was standing at the end of the hallway, waiting on me to catch up to her. She looked nervous and impatient, her foot tapping on the dark, wood flooring anxiously.

As I approached, she began speaking quickly and sharply. "I sent the guard here to check to see if someone was at the gate. You have little time, so move quickly."

Matilda turns the handle, thrusting the door open harshly. "Hurry now!" She scolds, basically pushing me in.

As I enter the room, the door shuts behind me. The office was quite larger than Kyle's, many useless books sat on the ceiling-high bookshelves.

The large mahogany desk sat in the middle of the room, piles of papers and files scattered on top. It was an absolute mess. At the sight of it though, I pushed away the utter disorganization in my mind, and sprinted around it.

Quickly, my hands started flipping papers and files from the biggest pile, trying to find anything with Kyle's name on it.

My hands shook as I deserted the first pile, moving to the second. The weight of this mission was truly setting in, and I found myself having to read every few pages a few times to process the words on it.

Most papers on the desk were business contracts and such from the looks of it, but I had no time to be looking into them.

As I searched through the last pile on top of the desk, I came across something I hadn't expected.

The plain tan folder was filled to the brim with papers and what I can assume to be items. What stood out most to me was the name written in a black sharpie on the filing spot.

Robyn Lehman

It was my folder. All the information from the years I spent by their side was in here. All the things Jason has done to betray me were stored in this fat folder.

A pang ripped through my chest as I held the floppy thing in my hands. It feels as if the truth of him never set in, and now it was.

He wants to hurt Kyle, and we were just luck to find. Owen and I are the main piece of his master plan. All I wanted was to be free, and to be off on my own. I've never had the chance. Kyle stole that from me, Jason stole that from me, hell- even I stole that opportunity from myself.

I fell for a mafia boss. That was my downfall. When my father kicked me out, I should have taken the first bus off to anywhere. Maybe then I would be free.

What would it even be worth it without Owen? No. I could never wish that he was never born. He is the one thing that I've been proud of in this shitty life.

I made such a smart and caring little boy, and that's all that matters to me. Freedom would not be freedom without my son. Life would be nothing without him.

The sound of knocking on the office door snapped my from my gaze. Matilda quickly peeked in, giving me a glare. "We don't have time for this. Hurry up!" She exclaims, shutting the door again.

That sends me off into a frenzy of searching quite frantically. I swing the desk drawers open, digging in them quickly before slamming them shut to look in the next.

Soon, I come across the biggest drawer, only to find that it is locked. I hadn't seen a key on the desk at all, which worries me quite a lot. How would I get inside without it?

Hairpins!

My hair fell loosely on my back nothing holding it up, but I had an alternative. My feet carried me to the door quickly, my hand swinging the door open just as fast.

"I need your hairpin, Matilda." I speak in a rushed tone, tapping my foot nervously behind the door.

She gave off a bewildered look, frowning heavily as she reached up to pluck one out of her bun. "My hair looked great today you know." She huffs, handing it to me.

"Oh please, your hair is the least of my worries at the moment." I huff, moving back in to try and pick the lock of the drawer.

It was not an easy task in the slightest, the pin just would never move right, which made it almost impossible for me to pick the lock. Though, after many tries, and many groans of frustration, the cabinet unlocked, and I sent it flying open.

My eyes lowered to be in line with the tags on the folders, searching the names until it beheld the key to our freedom. The file. The beautiful, exquisite, wonderful file.

Kyle Sean
**(A/N: I don't know if I gave him a last name or not, feel free to correct me)**

I ripped that quickly out of the drawer, cradling it in my arms. My hand flipped the cover of the file off of the pages inside, looking for a number, any number I could call to be in touch with him.

Most of the pages gave off useless information regarding his trade deals and such, but after searching through it for a minute or two, I came across exactly what I needed.

After slipping the folder back in the cabinet, I shut the drawer, rising to my feet. The page was clasped in my hand as I reached over the mess of his desk to the wire-connected phone at the corner of his desk.

I was about to type in the numbers when loud speaking boiled outside the door.

Matilda's voice was a bit frantic, and a deep voice spoke calmly. Their words were muffled, but I had no doubt that whoever was out there was onto us. So, I did what any sane person trying not to die because they were planning to go against a big mafia boss would do. I hid. Under the desk.

Just as I had predicted, the door swung open moments later, and Matilda and the guard stepped into the room.

"See? No one is in here" Matilda spoke squeakily, a little shudder in her voice.

Loud footsteps sounded as the guard gazed around the silent room. He began to circle the desk, which automatically sent my heart into a quick beat. "So what were you doing outside the door then?" He questioned.

I felt the stomps of his feet beside me as he moved around the chair blocking my exposed side. "Waiting on you." Matilda speaks a bit more confidently, her heels sounding as she moved around a few steps.

"I forgot to ask another thing of you while you were at it, but I decided it would be best for me to wait until you returned." She lies easily. "Now, can we get out of Jas-Jullian's office? The last thing I'd want is to be caught in here." Matilda sighs, her steps getting quieter as she moved away and to the door.

Reluctantly, the guard's feet moved away slowly, and the click of the door opening and shutting were heard after a moment.

Slowly, my body moved from it's cramped position, my head peering up from the desk to make sure the guard was truly gone.

After seeing that the coast was clear, I rose to my feet, pulling the paper out from my chest, and began to type in the number on it.

I held the phone to my ear, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. I couldn't help but switch my weight from one foot to the other constantly in anxiousness.

The ringing sound emitted from the phone slowly, and it felt like time was frozen. This was my chance to get us out of here.

Kyle may not be safe either, but at least I know that there is no 'master plan' with him.

The call connected after a long moment of ringing, and I felt the air stuck in my throat. My chance. Our chance. Our only hope. Right here. Right now.

"Hello?" A voice grumbles on the other end.

It takes me a moment, but I take in a deep breath before beginning to speak lowly into the phone.

"Hello? Is this uh- Kyle?" I gulp, tapping my finger on the desk nervously.

"Who's askin'?" A voice clears behind the phone. His voice seemed gruff, it couldn't have been him.

"Robyn." I speak with another deep breath, staring at the office door.

"Shit." The man on the line curses, "One moment." The line goes silent for almost a minute, which scares the absolute hell out of me. The guard won't be gone forever!

Soon though, the sound of someone moving the phone around quickly sounds, and I am given a new voice, a more familiar one.

"Robyn? Is that you?" Kyle speaks almost frantically into the phone.

"Yes. It is." I tell him quickly, continuing on after a moment. "Listen closely, and do not interrupt." My voice is firm as I glance to the door again nervously. "Owen and I are fine. We were taken during the wedding with men I thought were yours. We drove for hours, and that started to scare me, until we got to this estate. Jason was here. He's the one who took me in all those years ago. I thought we were safe- but we aren't. Matilda, his wife told me all of his plan and how he was the one who held Owen for ransom-" Kyle tries to butt in, but I quickly  shoo him off.

"They are the same person. Just listen. I have the address of the estate. I need you to get here as fast as you can and get us out. Not just us, but Matilda and her son Ricky too. They are innocent." My hand reached into my pocket, pulling out the little slip of paper. I read off the address to him quickly before shoving the paper back where I got it. "I don't have much time- I've got to go. I cannot help anymore from here."

Kyle clears his throat through the phone, a long sigh escaping from his lips. "This is such a mess. I'll hurry and do what I can as soon as possible, but I need you to hang in there and make sure nothing happens to Owen. Don't let him out of your sight. You hear me?"

"Yes, I do. Goodbye, Kyle. This won't be easy. There are so many guards around, it's hard to go anywhere without being watched like a hawk. All I know though, is that if you don't get here soon, Jason's will go on with his plans, and Owen will be motherless." I speak, letting out a long sigh. "Now I've got to run- bye." My hand slams the phone onto it's holder, and I shove his informational paper in my pocket, sprinting for the door.

When I slip out, no one is in the hall, which is quite the relief to the pounding of my heart. Slowly, I walk back the way I came, taking deep breaths, and praying that everything will go just fine, and my little boy will be safe.

That's all that matters to me, even if it means he will become motherless at the hands of Jason. As long as he is healthy and safe, I will be glad to make the sacrifice.

——————

2516 WORDS!!

Geez my brain hurts rn.

Sorry if there are spelling errors are things that don't make sense, towards the end my head kind of turned to mush from writing so fast lol.

Here's a meme for making you wait:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.4K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
1.1M 35K 47
"๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต" "No?" he questioned as her e...
332K 7.3K 37
I kept running and running, my heart beating fast, my legs burning from all the cuts and bruises, my breathing becoming harder with each passing seco...
1.7M 55.9K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...