Belonging

By ninasweet998

[First Book] Emiko Kurosaki is a 15 year old teen who has no memory of her past. All she remembers was waking... More

Before You Read
Ch.1 Ghosts Of Karakura Town
Ch.3 Lessons
Ch.4 My Brother, The Soul Reaper
Ch.5 Trucks, Am I Right?
Ch.6 Training
Ch.7 Are You Okay?
Ch.8 Continuing My Search
Ch.9 Bad Luck
Ch.10 Hollow Effort
Ch.11 Blind Battle
Ch.12 Hero To The Rescue
Ch.13 Murderous Fiend
Ch.14 Your Pain Is Mine
Ch.15 Sisterly Duties
Ch.16 Mod Soul
Ch.17 Mr. Hat & Clogs
Ch.18 June 17th Is Approaching
Ch.19 Same Day, Different Time
Ch.20 Grand Fisher
Ch.21 I'm Weak...I Know That
Ch.22 Mom's True Killer
Ch.23 A Quincy
Ch.24 Substitute Soul Reaper vs. Quincy
Ch.25 An Unexpected Hero
Ch.26 The Candy Shop
Ch.27 Menos Grande
Ch.28 Max Power!
Ch.29 Feeling Down?
Ch.30 Human Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.31 Quincy & Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.32 Substitute Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers
Ch.33 Rukia's Final Save
Ch.34 Mr. Urahara To The Rescue
Ch.35 Training Begins
Ch.36 Training In Progress
Ch.37 It's Time
Ch.38 Get Ready...And Goodbye
Ch.39 ...Leave Then
Ch.40 You're A Soul Reaper
Ch.41 Voices In My Head
Ch.42 Train Your Heart Out
Ch.43 It's Our Turn
Ch.44 A Lieutenant Already?!
Ch.45 The Pass Still Hurts
Ch.46 Moving Forward
Ch.47 First Aid Is Here
Ch.48 Kenpachi Zaraki
Ch.49 To Save Or Not To Save
Ch.50 Risking Lives
Ch.51 The 28th Head Of The Kuchiki Clan
Ch.52 A New Development
Ch.53 Yoruichi The Cat
Ch.54 Bankai Training
Ch.55 Just Talking
Ch.56 Just Talking Some More
Ch.57 Losing Time & Making Amends
Ch.58 Sweet Dreams
Ch.59 Return To Me
Ch.60 Save Them
Ch.61 A Dead Man's Betrayal
Ch.62 Aizen's Flawless Plan
Ch.63 His True Goal
Ch.64 Feelings Running Wild
Ch.65 The Truth You Didn't Know
Ch.66 Capture The Evil...And Fail
Ch.67 The Power From Legends
Ch.68 Wish To Talk
Ch.69 The Truth Can Wait
Ch.70 Family Reunites
Ch.71 Silly Shenanigans
Ch.72 Our Truth
Ch.73 Idiotic Meeting
Ch.74 Forced Policies
Ch.75 Squad 10
Ch.76 Going Home
Ch.77 Home At Last
The End
Bonus Chapter: Protect At All Costs

Ch.2 Soul Reaper?

4K 119 16
By ninasweet998

I sit on my bed and brush my long black hair. I tie it up in a ponytail once I finish.

"Another lead gone up in smoke..." I sigh to myself.

I go over to my desk and pull out a piece of paper. I followed the information the ghost of an old man gave me. But, I got nothing.

"I still don't know where I came from, or even who my real family is..."

Crumpling up the paper, I throw it into my small trash can. I sit back down on my bed as I stare out my window and into the night sky.

I love the Kurosaki's for taking me in and treating me like one of their own. They didn't have to do that. I'm forever grateful to them. I try and ask how I could repay them, but Isshin told me not to worry about it. I tried asking Ichigo, but he said I don't owe this family a thing. I'm a part of it, so I shouldn't feel like I owe anyone.

They're all so sweet. Isshin makes sure I'm part of every family event and treats me just like his other children. Though, I don't call him father, it doesn't mean I don't feel like he's not my father. I love him dearly. Yuzu and Karin treat me like their big sister. They would come for help with school work or projects. I would help them out like a big sister would.

Then there's Ichigo... He cares about everyone a lot. Whenever I need help, he's kind enough to help me out like a big brother would. He even protected me from my old school bullies. And whenever he has the time, he helps me search for my real family.

Though, I feel guilty when he does. I don't want him or the others to think I don't want them anymore. Or that I'm ungrateful for everything they've done for me.

That's why I usually search on my own. Or sometimes, Nagi would help me out. Though, I never asked her before.

As I stare into the sky, I suddenly remember something.

"I wonder if Ichigo fixed it."

Standing up, I leave my bedroom.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Ichigo?" I asked as I lightly knock on his bedroom door.

"...Come in."

I open the door to find him laying in bed, in a dark room.

"You need something, Emiko?"

"Did you fix my pendant?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. It's in my bag. The chain was easy to replace."

I walk over to his desk and open his school bag. I pull out a beautiful pendant.

I stare at it as the moonlight shines off of it.

According to Isshin, I had this pendant ever since he and his wife found me. They thought my real family left it with me, but I'm not so sure about that. I mean, my real family didn't want me, so why leave something so beautiful to me?

I put the pendant on.

"Thanks Ichigo. I owe-"

"No you don't."

"...Okay. Thank you, again."

Ichigo just stares out his window as something flies by. A black butterfly, with a tail, seem to fly right pass. Ichigo stares and speaks as it disappears.

"A black swallowtail butterfly? Where'd that come from?"

A second later a girl with black hair and violet eyes walks through the wall and stands on Ichigo's desk. She was wearing a black shihakusho and had a sword tied to her waist. I step back, not really fazed.

Ichigo, however, grabs my hand and hides me behind him, while freaking out.

"What the...?!"

The girl doesn't react to us as she jumps down and lands on the floor. While gripping the hilt of her sword, she looks around with a very serious expression.

"It's close..." she talks to herself.

"How's that for close, jerk?!"

While shouting this, Ichigo kicks the stranger in the back. She goes flying forward and lands on the floor. I turn the light on so we can see her properly.

"Pretty cocky for a burglar! What's close?! The safe?! Is that burglar-speak or something?!"

The stranger looks back at us confused.

"You two... You two can see me??"

"What? Stop yammering! Heck yeah we can see you-"

The girl stands and grabs Ichigo's chin. She turns his head both ways while speaking.

"You two can actually see me? This isn't normal."

Ichigo slaps her hand away.

"Well, it's pretty normal for us. So, just who the hell are you?!"

While asking this, Ichigo tries to kick her again. But she simply jumps over him as he falls to the ground.

"Normal people can't usually see me. I'm a soul reaper."

"A soul reaper?"

The stranger sits down in front of him as she explains.

"Yes, and I'm from the Soul Society. I came here to vanquish an evil spirit."

Ichigo sits up as he crosses his arms and thinks.

"You came all the way from this "Soul Society" thing...to vanquish an evil spirit. That makes sense..."

Ichigo suddenly throws his arms up in the air as he stands.

"Yeah, when pigs fly!"

"W-What? You insolent..." The girl climbs to her feet. "You can see ghosts, yet you do not believe in soul reapers?!"

"Of course not! I've never seen a soul reaper before. I don't believe anything until I see it with my own eyes."

Ichigo places his hand on her head as he tries to push her out the door.

"Now go play "soul reaper" somewhere else! Got that, you little snot?"

That didn't make the girl happy one bit.

"You dare speak that way to me?"

She suddenly points two fingers at him.

"Bakudo #1, Sai!"

Ichigo's arms are suddenly crossed behind his back as he falls to the ground. It was like he was tied up by invisible rope. The girl just glares down at him.

"What is this?! Why can't I move?!" Ichigo struggles against his invisible restrains.

"It's useless to struggle. This is Kido, a high-level spell only a soul reaper can cast!"

I let out a little sigh as I watch the ridiculousness in front of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 453 29
I'm a fairly new writer. So please be kind 😅 Midori Kurosaki; the oldest of the four Kurosaki kids. She was top of her class, graduated early from...
8.6K 195 44
Ichigo and Tsubaki Kurosaki have always known that they were different from other people. After all only they could see spirits and the two men that...
44.9K 1.3K 26
In her first week as the head of the Fifth Division, Akira struggles to balance her personal demons with her duties as a captain. She soon finds hers...
39.6K 852 31
[COMPLETED] BLEACH SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVENT SEEN EVERYTHING, DONT READ. IT CONTAINS SPOILERS You've been living with Urahara Kisuke ever since the ev...