The Invisible Best Friends

By Blackrose2027

Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally re... More

The Invisible Best Friends
Chapter 1 : Gradient High
Chapter 2 : Best Friend Introduction
Chapter 3: One Step Ahead Of You
Chapter 4 : A New Friend
Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War
Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day
Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong
Chapter 9: Spinning Around
Chapter 10 : Oops?
Chapter 11 : Chasing Around
Chapter 12 : The World Of The Citrus
Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer
Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain
Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers
Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan
Chapter 17: Confusing Confusion
Aaron's POV
Question/Answers
Chapter 18 : I Am Really Bad At Farting Comebacks
Chapter 19: So That's How I Got Into The Competition
Chapter 20: Shut Up, Banana Girl!
Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Over For Me
Chapter 22: Nothing At All
Chapter 23: Back On Track
Chapter 24: Oxygen Hydrogen Carbon Radium Phosphorous
A/N
Chapter 25: It was Showtime
Aaron's POV (Part One)
Aaron's POV (Part two)
Chapter 26: Memories
Thank You <3
Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day
Chapter 28: Sugar Rush
Character Competition *CLOSED*
Results for the Character Competition
Chapter 29: Bring It On, Montez
Chapter 30: Mission: Tomato Love
Chapter 31: Pooping the Way
Chapter 32: Fluster Day
Question us!
Chapter 33: Meeting New People
Chapter 34: Cuddle Session
Chapter 35: Surprises All The Way
Chapter 36: Dating Vibes
Alyssa in the House
Candy's POV
Chapter 37: Shock Like A Thunderbolt
Chapter 38: Fight Song
Chapter 39: Dreams
Epilogue
Your chance to interview Aaron and Alyssa
My Rant: Why the epilogue hasnt been uploaded.
SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL
British Banana (One Shots)
Sneak Peek into the NEW BOOK
⭐️EXCITING NEWS FOR TIBF⭐️

Chapter 8 : Revelation

179K 7.4K 1.8K
By Blackrose2027

We'll be Best Friends for a long time 'cause you already knw too much....:P

Chapter 8: Revelation

The ride to school took about fifteen minutes. We didn't talk much since Sam was driving and could actually be distracted easily and I had no desire to die young.

So we tried our best to keep our traps shut till we reached our beautiful haven. Please don't miss the sarcasm.

"So, finally!! I have to talk to you about a lot of things," Sam spoke as soon as we got out of her car.

"Sure. Start speaking," I replied.

"I am not sure I can finish everything in," she looked at her watch and continued," five minutes. I need more time than that and a little secrecy."

"Okaaay. So how about we meet at my place after school?"I asked.

"Hm. That could work. So I'll see you around 4'o clock?"

"Sounds good," I grinned at her and opened my locker.

I took out my books and Sam got hers. It's a good thing that our lockers are side by side.

I was struggling with the books since I had about three in one hand and my bag in the other. I tried to shut my locker with my forearm. When I managed to shut it I tried moving my arm but it won't move. Confused, I looked at the locker, only to find that my bracelet was stuck in the locker. I tried to pull it, but it didn't budge.

Now this was awkward.

"Uh, Sam? A little help here?" I asked only to find out that she was struggling with books herself.

Oh Great!

"Why don't you remove the bracelet?" she asked while trying to put the books in her bag.

"Nope. Not a chance. I don't remove it ever," I said eyeing the bracelet which was given to me by none other than Candy.

"Okay. Wait. Let me put my stuff away first, then I'll help you with yours," she said.

I waited.

1 second.

2 seconds.

3 seconds.

4 seconds.

5 seconds.

6 seconds.

7 seconds.

"Come on!" I groaned.

"Need help?" I turned around as much as I could to find Candy smirking down at me.

'What the hell?' I mouthed.

"I think you need help with that, Muf- I mean Alyssa," he said in a 'duh' tone.

I raised my eyebrow at him and heard someone clear her throat behind me. I saw Sam with a bit wide eyes staring at Candy, her books long forgotten.

That is when reality struck me. I was not supposed to know Candy.

"I-I,uh, oh em gee. A-Aaron? Why will you help me?" I tried to act flustered with his presence. But I am hundred percent sure it didn't work out that well.

He just rolled his eyes and helped me put my books in my bag and removed the bracelet with ease.

He then helped Sam too, who was staring at him with her eyebrows almost touching her hairline.

"Thanks," Sam muttered. He nodded in response.

Just as I was about to leave, he called out to me. I turned around with a questioning look.

"Where is my 'thank you' gift?"

"You don't get any," I replied.

"That is not fair,"he said.

"I don't need to- Oh wait. I do have something for you," I answered looking through my bag.

He looked at me curiously. I found the photo I found this morning of me and him and took it out.

"Here," I said, handing it out to him.

He looked at the picture and his eyes widened. A small, almost unnoticable blush formed on his cheeks as he grinned at me.

I grinned back and turned around and walked to my first class with Sam.

"What was that all about?" Sam asked as we walked down the hallway. We didn't have much time to talk during the classes so she had enough time to prepare her list of questions.

"What do you mean?"I asked trying to act oblivious.

"Okay. Let me rephrase my question. What is the deal between you and Aaron?"

I gave her a clueless expression.

"Ugh. Come on. You can't say nothing 'cause I've seen you fight with him, glare at him and I even caught him sticking his tongue out at you the way five-year olds do and today he even helped us out!!" she kept on rambling.

"I just think he was being nice to us," I answered taking a huge bite of my pizza slice.

"Oh don't you start with me," she glared at me.

I eyed her hesitantly. Could I tell her? I seriously wanted to tell someone about it. You know, just to let it out, you know?

Could I trust her with this secret? I mean for the past few weeks, we've grown close and I really have started to trust her. And I really want to tell her.

"Plus what about the photo thingy you gave him this morning?" she asked pulling me out of my mental debating.

I finally decided to tell her. I trust her.

"Okay," I sighed,"I'll tell you. But you can't tell a single soul about it. No one,"

She smiled at me. A genuine smile which was rarely found on the faces of friends or shall I say backstabbing female dogs.

And that smile was enough for me to know that I was taking the right decision. And so, I told her everything. I let out all the things that had been hidden inside me, bottled up so much so that I didn't even realize how much they were suffocating me until I poured everything out to her.

I told Sam about how Aaron and I have been inseparable since the diaper days. I told her about the bracelet, our parents, our nicknames for each other and everything that came into my mind.

It felt really good to let it all out. I've never felt so relieved in my whole life. I wondered how I could never bring myself to tell Kinsy about Candy. And I was friends with her for two good years. I mean I am friends with her now too but she's been quite distant.

"Holy Cow!!," was the response I got after I finished telling Sam about everything.

I laughed.

"You mean he actually went to your ballet classes with you?" she asked.

I nodded, grinning at her.

"WOW! I could never bring Nate to do that!" she said.

"Nate?" I questioned.

"I told you we have too much to talk about. By the way, who else knows about you two?"

"Uh, just you," I scratched my head.

Her eyes widened. "Y-You mean that you didn't tell anyone else?"

I shook my head in response.

"B-But why m-me?"

"Because I trust you and 'cause you're my best friend," I answered honestly.

Her eyes widened even more, if that was remotely possible.

That is when I realized what I said. SHIT!

I didn't know if she considered me as her good friend, let alone her best friend. I am the stupidest person on this face of Earth. Seriously.

Why don't I have a control over my mouth? Oh God I'm going to lose the only good friend I managed to make this year! THIS IS EMBARRASSING!

"I-I,uh, didn't...," she cut me off by hugging me.

I was confused but hugged her back anyway. It felt nice.

"And here I thought I was the creepy one 'cause I considered you as my best friend too," she said pulling away.

I just grinned at her.

"And thank you," she said, smiling.

"For what?"

"For trusting me with your secret. I promise I won't spill it out to anyone,"

I just gave her a grateful smile. WOW. I don't think anyone else except my family and Candy has been able to make me smile this much.

I was about to say something when a huge group of cheerleaders along with the band and various club members entered into the cafeteria carrying huge banners. Everyone turned their attention to them as they hooted and hollered.

"What is this all about?" she asked pointing towards the cheering group.

"This is the advertisment of the Annual Talent Hunt. Our school organises this Talent hunt every year for the seniors. There are many catagories for you to participate in.

There is Drama, Dance, Singing in category one.

Painting/Art, Creative writing and Sculpting in category two.

Debating and public speaking in category three.

Category four is usually related with sports," I briefed her.

"So what is so special about this Talent Hunt?"

"This is the best part. Scouts from the best universities and top companies are invited as a part of audience. You never know, you might get selected in any of the Uni's with full, half or partial scholarship!"

"WOW. That is so exciting," she gushed," when do the auditions start?"

"They will start sometime around next week,"

"Oh and what...," she trailed of and soon her excitement was replaced with a look of alarm as she looked behind me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked her and turned around, which was not the wisest thing to do.

The next thing I knew, I was drenched in spaghetti sauce and orange juice was poured on my head.

I looked up to see a smirking Shelly and a laughing cafeteria.

All I could think of was: attention.

Don't panic. Don't panic. It'll be over soon.

Just then the cheer leading group came up and everyone created a clearing in the centre of the cafe, just in front of me.

They started a cheer they formed.

"Hey guys! Let's see whose ass we kicked,

Let us see who we picked,

The one who is drenched in spaghetti sauce,

We want to show her whose the boss,

There's nothing she can do at this hour,

Since she's already begun the war"

They all cheered.

"This is what you get for messing with me," Shelly sneered.

By now, the whole cafeteria was laughing it's guts out, except for three people : me, Sam and Candy.

Both of them carried a horrified expression.

But I was not giving Shelly the satisfaction of breaking me. I couldn't let her see what the attention was doing to me. Because if I let the panic show, not only would she be satisfied but Candy will realize the real reason of me hating attention.

Something I have been trying to hide since it happened. Something he thinks I'm over of.

I just hope this ends soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Guys.....

Aaron to the side---->

I updated within 24 hours....

THAT is quite an acheivement!

Yay....hope you enjoyed the chapter though!!!

Please do vote and comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

814 77 24
It keeps twisting and turning for Sarah school life, especially when it comes to school crushes, parties, and a school play! That was only the beginn...
586K 9.4K 32
"You won't choke me when you come out, right?" She smiles, what a tease. "Stop it," I warn her. "That's a bad habit I can't seem to get rid of, and y...
509K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...
908K 23K 42
He's the school's biggest player. "Hey cutie, wanna take a ride?" He's the most arrogant person I know. "I can't help it if I'm amazingly good-lookin...