Running with His Child

By ItsLayLayH

After being involved with a cold-hearted mafia boss, Robyn Lehman decides its time to run. Little did she kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Authors Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
What The F-
Editing Help!

Chapter 28

304K 9.6K 3.5K
By ItsLayLayH

The Wedding Day...

I stand in front of the fine-crafted, maple, full-body mirror, taking deep breaths to keep myself calm. I've never been this nervous before... I mean, the wedding's today. My wedding day...

Sure, back before I left Kyle, my dreams were filled with visions of this day. They depicted us being the happiest we've ever been. All they showed was our smiles after say, "I do."

But now, I don't believe those smiles will be shared. I don't see people partying and having fun after the ceremony, I see them sitting at the tables eating excruciatingly slow and staring at my every move.

These visions made me want to just throw off the dress, and dive out the window in an attempt to escape- but I know that won't work.

My hands ran over the silky-ness of my dress' cream skirt, straightening it out. The wedding dress was absolutely gorgeous, even I couldn't deny it. It fit my curves wonderfully, and for the first time in a while, I actually felt beautiful.

Growing up, I wasn't the skinniest of kids, I was pretty chubby and short. From teasing and the bullying I received, I became quite lacking in the self confidence region. For a while, I had none. I almost became anorexic in tenth grade because of it- part of the reason was being dirt poor, trying to provide for my father.

Some of these self-image issues were carried into my adult life, and it's something I struggle with everyday. Today though, with my dress, and my hair done up, I felt truly beautiful. All those fears left me in the moment.

The door swings open, causing me to nearly jump. It brought me out of my thoughts and back into the real world. Owen rushes into the room with big, red, puffy cheeks. He carries a tie in his right hand, his outfit buttoned horrendously.

"Mommy I don't want to wear this... it's itchy!" He whines, stomping his feet.

I mentally sigh, moving over to him. I'd crouch down to his level, taking the tie from his hand. "I know it's itchy, so is my dress." I relate, nodding my head. "But can we make a compromise? Do you remember what that is?"

"A com-pro-mise?" He sounds out, looking to be in deep thought about it. "Is it when we make everyone happy?" He questions.

"Mostly, yes." My head bobs as I put the tie around his neck to start tying it. "If you wear this during the ceremony... Once we get to the reception, I'll let you take it off and wear pajamas. Okay?"

Owen's eye widen, almost gasping. "But Mommy! You said we are only allowed to wear pajamas out when we are too sick to take them off!" He exclaims.

I tie his tie neatly, pushing past his silent squirming to get it off. "Well, todays a special case. It's a very special day. And I need you to be good. If I let you wear your pajamas at the reception, will you wear this suit for the ceremony?"

Owen scrunches his nose, letting out a groan. "Fine! Can I wear the Spider-Man pajamas?" He asks with a tilted head.

"Mhm," I sound, nodding me head. "Now, go get the pajamas and I'll pack them into the bag, okay?"

Owen bobs his head, dashing out the door quickly. As he does so, I rise back up to my feet, straightening out my dress.

Owen returns within a matter of minutes, the pajamas in hand. I take them, placing them in a small travel bag, along with other things for him and I if need be. We depart from the room, descending down the large stairs.

I grab my son's hand as we reach the bottom. Two maids hold open the wide front doors for us to walk through, one listing the instructions before we depart. "You'll go into the third car right there." She points to the black car at the second to last of the line. "Boss will be in the one in front of you, and guards will be in the front and back cars."

I nod along with her words, muttering out a small "Thank you," before leading Owen out the door.

He tugs on my arm, a questioning glance on his features as we start down the path. "Mommy, why can't we ride with Daddy?" He asks.

"It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before we get to the chapel." I answer simply, pulling him along.

"What's a bride, Mommy?" He asks, walking along with me.

"A bride is the girl who is getting married."

"Who's gettin' married?"

"Me."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because Daddy wants us to be a big happy family." I send him a cheeky grin, hiding my annoyance from his many questions.

"But- three's not a big number... Twenty-five is!" He exclaims, widening his eyes. "Mommy am I gonna have twenty-five brothers and sisters?!"

I almost choke.

"No."

"Whhhhy not?!" He drags out in a whiny tone. I open the door to the car, helping him into the car seat. I buckle him in, moving to the other side.

"Because I don't want to do it with Daddy all that much." I speak as my hands buckle the seat belt.

"Do what?"

I blink.

"Play cards." I answer quickly.

"If I play cards, I'll get a lot of brothers and sisters?"

"No, it only works on adults."

"Oh." He pouts, slumping in the car seat.

The rest of the ride was peaceful enough, Owen danced along with the Bruno Mars songs I requested to be put on the stereo. Fun Fact: Owen is more in love with Bruno Mars than half of his fan base. He refuses to listen to most things other than Bruno Mars. It's quite funny, but some of his songs get boring on repeat, so I sneak some Michael Jackson in there for my own sanity. He never notices the difference.

The ride is about twenty minutes, and by time we reach there, Owen's already tired out in his seat. The chauffeur moves around the car before I can touch the car door handle, and he opens it for me, offering out a hand.

I take his hand, stepping out of the car and straightening out my semi-crinkled dress. I mutter a small: "Thank you" to the chauffeur, before moving around to Owen's side of the car. I help him out of his seat, taking his hand as his feet plant down onto the ground. We walk up the steps of the chapel together, and right as we enter, one of my supposed 'bridesmaids' takes Owen and leads him off to get ready. Another 'bridesmaid' pulls me the other direction, into a small room. She and a few others started doing my makeup, straightening my dress, and fixing my hair.

It takes about twenty minutes to get everything done, and by time they finish, the bells of the church ring, signaling the start of the wedding.

The 'bridesmaids' lead me out to the doors before the aisle. This is when my real nerves set in. I take deep breaths to calm myself down, but nothing works.

I check behind me discretely, looking to see the doors I could easily run out of... ok maybe not, there are guards all around me. Fuck.

Maybe this isn't a good idea? Maybe I should run in there, grab Owen and run? No. That will get me killed. Damnit.

My hand touches the cold metal of the doorknob, and I inhale deeply. I'm going to do this for Owen. This is the only way I'll be in his life. He needs me. I need him.

My hand turns the knob, opening it lightly. The once room crowded with chatter was silent, sixty eyes on me. I take a step in, closing the door behind me. After another deep breath, my feet start to move forward at a decent pace.

My head look up to the alter as I begin to approach it, noticing Kyle's smile.

Asshole.

I shake my head discreetly, moving up the two steps onto the platform. My body turns towards Kyle, standing directly opposite of him.

The priest starts with the ceremony almost immediately. Though, I don't listen to any of it. My mind is filled with what this all means, and what will become of Owen and I.

I'm going to be married into the mafia.

THE FUCKING MOB

Soon, Owen will take over this horrid business as-well. A never ending cycle in my descendants. They will all be condemned to this life. And it will all be my fault for sleeping with Kyle that night.

I don't regret Owen. I cannot regret Owen. He is my saving grace, he is my life. Owen is a blessing, the only downfall is his father.

As the priest speaks, I glance out to the crowd. The expectation of my wedding was be filled with people I loved and cared for. Looking out to the crowd, the only recognizable people were the guards and kitchen staff, all the rest were strangers. Except one.

When I saw him, I froze. My heart dropped with a plop. My locked on his. It was my father. He looked so content, like this was the best day of his life. His smile was one I hadn't seen since mom was around.

He was dressed up nicely, which confused me. How could he afford this? The father I knew spent every cent on drugs. Did he steal the suit?

My thoughts were cut short by Kyle's throat clearing. My head snapped back to him., then to the steps.

Owen would be at the bottom of the platform, looking cute as ever with the rings on the small pillow.

The priest motions him up, and Owen scrambles up the steps. Kyle and I both take one, awaiting the priest's speech.

As assumed, the priest would begin to speak again, reciting the ritual of exchanging rings.

Soon enough, the rings would be on our fingers, and the priest would start to say the vows.

"I do." Kyle speaks slowly, taking a deep breath afterward. He looked only slightly nervous, which is the most I've seen him. He still let his body reign in confidence.

The priest would recite the same words to me, his voice speaking a low, authoritative tone.

Soon enough, it was my turn to say the two words that would change my life forever. It must have taken a while for the words to come out, seeing as I got many odd looks from the crowd, and Kyle himself.

"I do." I force out, letting out a long breath.

The priest would go on another tangent of the ceremony, making everything just sound so slow and long. It was quite dreary. He would take Kyle's and my hand, putting them together.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest drags out, following it with a "You may kiss the bride."

Kyle doesn't hesitate moving forward. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I give him a wide-eyed expression before he leans into kiss me.

This was nice... WAIT what am I saying? It's nice? Damnit Robyn you are supposed to hate his guts!

I find myself leaning up a bit, accepting the kiss fully. WHAT AM I DOING!!? The gesture feels so long, but I know that it has only been a few seconds. The best few seconds of my life- ACK STOP IT!

My inner thoughts of the gesture were cut short though. Kyle pulls away abruptly, leaving me quite confused....

Until I hear the gunshots...

————————-

FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND READS?!?!? WHAT THE HELL!

Thank you guys so much!!! I am so sorry for the wait! This is my longest chapter yet!!!

2000 words!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.2K 47
"𝘈 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵" "No?" he questioned as her e...
73.1K 1.6K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
106K 4K 47
"That means you're coming with me too then." He groans, bringing a hand up to his forehead and rubbing it in exasperation. "Excuse me?" My chest puff...
283K 7.4K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...