Can't Woof It Out | Chase x S...

By Singularity_Writes

"I can't seem to woof it out... What is this feeling?" Skye asks herself. But she seems she couldn't put a pa... More

Notes From The Author
(S.1) Chapt.1 - Rescued
(S.1) Chapt.2 - Specialty
(S.1) Chapt.3 - The Hike
(S.1) Chapt.4 - The Paw Patrol
(S.1) Chapt.5 - Best Pup Friends Forever
(S.1) Chapt.6 - Inseparable
(S.1) Chapt.7 - The Days
(S.1) Chapt.8 - Pup Pup Boogie
(S.1) Chapt.9 - The Camping Trip
(S.1) Chapt.10 - Mixed Signals
(S.1) Chapt.11 - His Birthday Party
(S.1) Chapt.12 - The Slip
(S.1) Chapt.13 - Doubts
(S.1) Chapt.14 - Just Like Yesterday
(S.1) Chapt.15 - All's Fair
(S.1) Chapt.16 - He Never Disappears
(S.1) Chapt.17 - Quest For The Crown
(S.1) Chapt.18 - Skye's Suspicion
(S.1) Chapt.19 - Nothing Like A Girl Time
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Middle Part - Spy Chase
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Last Part - Searching
》 S E A S O N . 2 《
(S.2) Chapt.21
(S.2) Chapt.22
(S.2) Chapt.23
(S.2) Chapt.24
(S.2) Chapt.25
(S.2) Chapt.26
(S.2) Chapt.27
(S.2) Chapt.28
(S.2) Chapt.29
(S.2) Chapt.30
(S.2) Chapt.31
(S.2) Chapt.32
(S.2) Chapt.33
(S.2) Chapt.34
(S.2) Chapt.35
(S.2) Chapt.36
(S.2) Chapt.37
(S.2) Chapt.38
(S.2) Chapt.39
(S.2) Chapt.40
Snippet

(S.1) Chapt.20 | First Part - A New Profession

2K 34 21
By Singularity_Writes

The world seemed a dark and scary place at the moment. She couldn't see a thing. She was with no one but herself in this void. When she calls for help, her echoes answer back to her. She walked blindly with her eyes open, yet it feels like they're closed all along. The eerie silence just made her shiver through the bleak place that she travels afoot.  Skye wanted to run, and she did, and did it for a few times, for only her to realize that it was void of worth in the end. Anywhere she would take herself in one piece, would end up going somewhere endless, which is what the place might be as well.

"I want to wake up. . ." she whispered as she was the edge of tears "But my eyes are open, yet they feel tightly closed" and there, she had let the stream of tears drop to the black floor, and all she could hear was herself sob until there were no more to pour. "I want to wake up. . . I want to go home. . !"

Then, a blinding light soon came to her visions. And now, she found herself in some deserted island. The sand had hugged her warmly when she was still knocked-out. Palm trees came to wave her welcome upon waking up. The sun was still there, so that was a good sign that it wasn't the end of the world. Which she hope won't be happening anytime soon. The baby blue sky were dotted with a few clouds here and there, and it was indeed a bright day today. But it'd be better if she could spend the day somewhere familiar to her, where her friends surround her with joyous fits of laughter.

Sadly, that seems a wishful thinking at the moment. She looked out to the front to see the ever so blue ocean scintillate elegantly underneath the magnificent morning sun. Her eyes looked to the ocean, and she had no idea why that would help in finding her for her friends. "Hello?" She began to call out. IT was the very first time she could see as she searches for everyone in the last hour. Even though she's wide awake with eyes wide-open, and her conscience is present and active, no one answers back. 

Her worry grows bigger, that she could start gnawing on her nails (If she were a human). "Ah, you're awake" a familiar female voice said. With no fear, Skye dared to look back and face for herself to whoever knocked her out and bring her in the middle of nowhere. Of course, it was Sweetie, and Skye wasn't surprised in one bit. "Why did you bring me here" her voice demands for an answer, and the question wasn't in a way of interrogation.

The West Highland White Terrier pooch snarkily laugh "Haven't I rung the bell quite loud enough for you? I used you as a bait" and with lacking of information, Skye wanted to know more all of a sudden. Just to make sure her friends won't be in this trouble. And if they were, they'd warn them immediately through her pup-tag.

But Sweetie stopped from there and hadn't spoke anything. Skye knew trouble's starting to brew somewhere, and she could sniff it approaching and it could landfall in any minute. "I have to call Ryder!" Her pup-tag then lit up in bright pink "Ryder! I am stuck in island, and Sweetie--"

Crack.

Her pup-tag were now in pieces and broken wires dangerously flicker and radiate left over power from the circuits and wires. Skye had only watched in horror as her only key to hope were crushed down back to the waves, her thoughts immediately getting dark as her mind descends to the blue ocean, and every tick of time comes to a dim.

"What have you done?!" The sand made a cracking sound upon her paw stomping forward out of anger, and this did not intimidate the Pooch one bit, instead stared at her like she was some psycho out of the mental hospital, maybe for dogs. "Stupid." She snarkily replies, her patient already snapping off.

An irky sigh had escaped her and her brows began to crease together. "I had enough of you, you little midget. I will now have to make you shut up." Her face somehow had darkened, and her eyes glowered at her, and it was so cold that it was hard enough to stab her soul with it that she began to feel fear.

"Goodnight, Skye~" her devious smile were the last thing Skye saw before she yelled a blood-curdling and eerie scream before all she saw was in a place full of tenebrosity.

On the other end. . .

"Skye? Skye! Hello. . ? !" Chase had basically yelled to his pup-tag and had no response "Drat. I lost contact" he told no one, and at the moment, he didn't mind one bit that Skye had accidentally made contact with him and called him Ryder in the middle of a crucial situation.

Chase let out a muddle sigh as he walks back and forth to think of something to save Skye, and right now, the safest option is to contact Ryder about this matter and dot out their move to rescue Skye.

His pup-bow tie coruscate in a brilliant version of zaffre blue and illuminated the black bow tie with swirls of led light that just makes it look techy. Chase then started to narrate Ryder what recently happened on their conversation.

Along the interview, the German Shepherd couldn't help his mind off of Skye. He has the every right to be worried at the moment, considering he was right all along. He wished he remained faithful to his instincts and had told Skye his former-crazy-idea-about-Sweetie. Maybe if he told her, and even Ryder. She wouldn't be in major trouble right now!

"Thanks Chase, I'll pick you as soon as I can" and with that, the light faded back to its original form. The German Shepherd let out a sigh that is far from relief. His heart ached at every thought that flashes Skye. He was alone in the midst of everything as the world continues to go by like nothing. Every corner that had ever existed were powdered with shadows and a smudge of light were only yet to be seen inside.

As if the place had turned into something that corresponds to his actual feeling. He felt empty, and guilty, and dreadful. Somewhere deep down, his heart swells of loneliness and a flurry of a storm brewed inside his head. A constant tug-a-war of nagging continued to pull it back and forth, constantly making him better and worse. The ringing of invisible bells played as it drowned him out of reality. His eyes were restrained on the floor. Yet he was ready to burst like a dam, but nothing came down.

The place fell silent.

The world did.

Chase became like one of those ancient statues, where he's known as some known legend, passed down orally. The story of where the pup who was put to petrification by the over-whelming thoughts that swarmed him altogether, and by that on, it never moved, blinked, nor died, and they'd rumor that all he had with him was his self physically, but spiritually dead.

In the perpetuity of time, like the time had passed by so quickly, Chase began to break down emotionally in front of the wind. His eyes watered and a stream of tears flew down, soaking his fur wet. It became louder and louder, and every yell he did was a curse that he would yell to himself. Wishing he instead was at her place. Wishing none of this would have happened. Wishing he never guarded the crown. Wishing he just. . .

Never existed.

He thought. . . If he was gone. Sweetie wouldn't fall for him, and capture Skye, knowing his intentions towards Skye were clear, true and obvious. Without him here, Skye would never have to be in trouble. She wouldn't have to go through who knows what Sweetie is doing. If he could trade his life for Skye's safety, he swear. Right now. At this very moment. Skye would of been safe. Sweetie wouldn't have to worry about anything else. Nothing. Because he'll be gone.

"Chase?" A rich British accent called out his name, his auburn eyes looked to the back and found Earl. "Are you. . .  Alright?" he cooed as Chase sniffed "Yeah. Fine. I'm. . .  Fine." The Earl's heart disintegrates into pieces seeing Chase in such vulnerable state, where every part of him is fragile that'll send him crying instantly. The pup tries to flash him a smile to ensure him he's dandy and worrying will not be needed, but every power that he uses to make it to the final cut just falters. The Earl had shot him a sympathetic look "Ryder's going to pick you up. . . Right?" then Chase gazed at him with watery and blood-shot eyes "H-how. . . How do you. . ." Right there and there, no words were needed to be spoken, right away, Chase knew he happened to have eavesdropped, and left. Then had summoned him again with his loud vile cries. He was ashamed that he saw him in the midst of an emotional rupture.

"Yeah. He'll pick me up because--"

"I know"

"Because Skye--"

"I know. I know how much you love that Cockapoo, Chase. But you have to be aware of Sweetie. She is capable of something evil-related." The Earl reminded Chase, and he nods, although reminding him wasn't significant. The Alsatian pup knew from the very start that Sweetie is the opposite of her name. "Don't worry. I'll take care of myself well" he reassured drawing near him as he places a paw on his shoe, but the old man that looked like in his late sixties just shook his head sorrowfully.

An invisible bullet had penetrated his system, that made his world suddenly shudder into a dark, dark place. Like all hope's imbibed and thrown to the black hole for extra measure no one could take it back. The Earl's expression. . . Was disappointing, and Chase knew Sweetie is more capable of just setting up traps. She could be heartless and plan murder, or anything that could be unequivocally life-changing. Chase gulped at the alarming thoughts he had thought up. What if that was true?

He might as well stop guessing the future to stop Skye from even leaving him all so soon; if that would happen, he'd be a dilemma mess. 

A warm palm ran above his head, and for once, the Earl had successfully mollified Chase "Stop worrying too much. . . I believe in you, Chase. You'll succeed in rescuing Skye" the Earl enthused, and this is when Chase realized he's been sobbing again, but this time, quietly; and his fur was damp wet again. "Yes. Th-thank you. . ."

Then, a loud roar was heard outside, sounding  like it had touched down the ground. "Ryder's here, you should go now" The man ushered the pup outside "Just don't forget my words Chase" he reminded him one last time. The German Shepherd looked over his shoulders and watched the Earl standing there very still, with his two hands clasped together. "I will." he nodded with a smile, and left. Although, the smile he created. It was full of uncertainty. He was entering another chapter of his life blindly after all.

In the first few lines of his new journey, he'd be walking around blind-folded as his senses allow themselves to work for him. And once he's unravel everything, everything will make sense. 

Hopefully.

"Chase, everything will be. . . Alright" Marshall gulped at the last phrase, alright. Everyone knows no one is alright with Sweetie's diabolical tricks. Anyone who's in Sweetie's radar horizon, you'd be doomed. Just one glare can shoot you down to the terra firma, laying there with full of fear from her daunt.

And just as expected, he denied everything will run smoothly. Words of encouragement are currently useless to enter Chase's system at this point. And everyone has the same feeling too, but kept some hope with them. "Just keep hoping Chase. It'll end well soon. Promise" but the German Shepherd just looked at him. What you really see was nothing but a blank gaze, but his eyes were crying and he's almost running out of hope. He was in doubt of everything.

Like the soul of his self had left him all at once, leaving a hollow shell of a pup that is named Chase. His eyes were trained on the metal painted floor, and went nowhere but there. Every sound that ever existed and were ever produced as of the moment came nothing into his sense. He felt grim within. The thought of Skye nowhere to be found here in Barkingburg is a thought that came back haunting him. Like he lost his favorite officer police bear back when he was young, back then, he thought it was the end of the world, that the sun may just come crashing right now. Right now is similarly to that situation, yet different. It was to how they are now searching for a living and well-alive being.

Someone that you can't, and will never, fabricate him or her from just white cottony-stuffings, tan and brown cloths and simple matching threads. The one we are talking about is made up of bone and flesh, and someone with true emotions that is not made with such hands of any human. It is impossible to create another one without the Science and Biology of its laws and matter. Even so, if they were to replicate; genes would of course would be slightly re-arranged to form a new set of pup that lives in Skye's appearance, which she is not.

And Chase does not either want to see her ghost any time soon, even if it meant he'll see her. But that'll mean she's gone forever but a living soul. Right now, he was in deep repentance, and he felt himself spiraling down deep to the center of the Earth itself. Everything around him felt dark and gloomy, and what made everything worse, was he knows that they couldn't pick up her location from previous attempts, where they placed their hands and paws down that it was most likely destroyed to keep them on their toes and make them unable to track her.

"Alright pups, go ahead and change into your pup packs. Today, we are going on a mission" he declared, then his head turned towards Robo-dog, requesting to turn on stealth-mode as every pup turned to change. As all pups went to the changing area, the ground beneath them roared with all the gears and gizmos giving life to the air bus that'll soon take them up to the sky and back to the look-out to plot.

Gears and robotic arms performed the exact thing they were instructed and created to do. They've dressed up the pups in their assigned attire in a speedy manner, that in a blink of an eye, they were ready to report. Running speedily back to the main area of the air bus, the door behind them slid altogether, forming a neatly formed television that'll perfectly demonstrate the plan that Ryder has in mind for them to execute, and hoping that there were no mishaps in the process. "Ready for action Ryder, Sir" Chase spoke out his usual lines, but it was much weaker and softer and broken. Ryder has pulled out his pup-pad and had started to press icons the correspond to each pup and as he did, he briefly explains what they should do.

"Rocky, I am assigning you to search by Barkingburg's area. Rubble, you head back to Adventure Bay searching by land as well, in case Sweetie kept hold of Skye there to trick us of searching areas that is inside Barkingburg. Zuma, you search by Barkingburg's coast and seas. And Marshall, stand by" as every the plan was laid out, the three flew down with their jet packs as they gradually descend Earth-ground to launch their mission, and as for Rubble, he took an extra time venturing farther from the kingdom back to Adventure Bay, to check any signs of Skye or Sweetie.

The dotted pup remained seated as he awaits for Ryder's next command, and Chase frantically looked everywhere for the fear that if he stays any longer here without contributing one thing in search of her, she might be close to some life-threatening situation. It's a thought that has been haunting Chase ever since the incident happened, a thought that he can't simply shake off and label it as just some stupid imagination he created. "Chase." Ryder finally called his name, his badge with a bright deputy star glistened and enlarged once he was picked "You will be taking Skye's copter and use your new gear in this mission" his eyes had widened and he wasn't expecting to have a second profession like Marshall.

Marshall had a new profession given to him recently, and that was being an EMT. The news was announced earlier that he would be one, so he had some training here and there before the new pup-pack was actually given to him. But as for his case, it was just sudden. The pup-pack is ready but he isn't mentally. "The pup-pack isn't quite ready. There might be a few glitches, but me and Rocky are working on that." Ryder added "So just tell us if there is anything unusual happening" Chase did not hesitate nor wait for what Ryder has to say next. He had accepted the risky mission he will be in from the glitches that could cause anything. Right now, everyone needed to have faith, at least a speck of it in their hearts to search for her.

So that's what he's going to do.

He will place everything he had on a line. He will deal the glitches even if it means his life line may be cut short. If he doesn't try, and there's possibility lurking around. Why wouldn't he dare? What if he succeeds? And he gets to find her in the end? And. What if he fails? He doesn't care neither. He is sure someone will be a better partner, savior, shield, the shoulder to cry on for Skye. What really is his main goal, his vision at the end of the tunnel. . .

Is to see Skye live another day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 118 11
Valentine's Day is coming up in Adventure Bay, and Ryder and the pups of the PAW Patrol are keeping occupied with making sure the town stays safe. As...
6K 107 12
The month of December is here, and now the pups will try to get everything ready, but they're going to run into issues and have to finger out what to...
13K 268 20
Pup-napped (PAW Patrol fan-fiction) {COMPLETED} When Chase doesn't return to the Lookout after controlling traffic in the night, Ryder and the pups b...
8.7K 338 24
Book Three of the "Long and Hopeful Journey " series. A year passed after the events of "The Search For Loved Ones" and everything in Adventure Bay w...