Frozen Flames ~ 1/3

By half-bad

Algebra and bagging groceries was Adara's life. A normal girl living a painfully normal life, until one day s... More

Frozen Flames
I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
SECOND BOOK IS BETTER
Frozen Flames II - I SEE FIRE

III

326 6 0
By half-bad

With each stop, the bus filled with more people and I lost the silence that I wished I could have kept.

Was my dream not a dream?

How come I couldn't remember anything then?

I felt sick like I had a fever, I was confused and I wanted nothing more than to just know what the hell happened to me last night.

I wanted to stomp my feet and whine.

I tall girl dressed in bright colors took a seat next to me and pulled me out of my thoughts.

I had to force my eyes in place to keep them from rolling as she looked over at me with such a bright smile that my stomach turned.

"HI! I'm Abbi", she said and held her hand out and I hesitated before taking her hand, I found myself afraid that I might hurt her. How dare she be so happy.

"Are you okay? you look kind of pale", She pointed out.

"I just feel a little sick", I said, it wasn't a lie.

She shook her head and bounced her knee up and down.

"What's your name", She asks after a few beats of silence and I sighed twirling my headphone between my fingers.

"My name is Adara", I said now even more annoyed by her high pitched voice and put my headphones back in overwhelming my self with questions I knew I couldn't answer.

Maybe in a different life, Abbi would be my friend.

-

-

-

I looked down at the paper that says what classes I have and I headed towards my first class with a groan dropping my schedule by my side crumpling it between my fingers.

I walked into a room full of people talking and laughing, I awkwardly walk over to the back of the classroom and sat down placing my backpack on the ground.

I quickly glanced around the room looking for any familiar faces and my shoulder fell, I aimlessly scrolled through nothing on my phone until the teacher walked in, still too distracted by my worries to stare at the cute boy sitting in the corner of the room.

The teacher seemed to not care that it was the first day of school and we went straight into taking notes, in the only notebook I packed might I add. I normally took math notes in a red notebook because math class and red seemed to go together, now I have messy math notes in my only green notebook.

I sighed then tried to twirl my pencil between my fingers, but when I dropped it for the tenth time the girl sitting in front of me turned around and glared at me silently telling me to cut it out- I returned her non-verbal cue with a tight smile. If only she knew I was contemplating my alleged kidnapping maybe she would let me drop my pencil in peace.

While walking around the school and eating a pop tart I somehow convinced myself that my dream was indeed not a dream and I was actually kidnapped by evil scientist who did something to me and now my body is really warm, warm enough to make a puddle evaporate and my hands singed my pop tart when I thought about it too much.

I just ate around it.

I haven't figured out how I got back into my bed but I'm still working on that...

"I'm going insane" I whispered to myself and plopped my forehead on the desk for a second before lifting it back up and sniffing deeply.

At least thinking about it made me feel better, and hotter apparently, like temperature hot.

I looked around the classroom and once again trying to find any familiar friendly faces, but all I see is backs of heads that I don't recognize either. It was probably nothing- so instead of dwelling on what could or could not had happened, I decided to stare at the broad shoulders of Eric Shield who right in my direct view, maybe I wasn't completely out of luck.

I met one pair of green eyes unintentionally while I daydreamed of my nails down Eric's back and decided I was in too deep to just look away so scanned the rest of his face, I guess he's cute, but his staring was making me uncomfortable and squirmy so I looked away.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at the English vocabulary on the board, finally deciding to participate, I took out a pencil, I still only had one notebook so I just mixed my math and English notes together.

I can see this guy in my peripheral and it bothers me, every time I glance over my eyes meet his and I roll my eyes.

I think I might be PMS-ing on something because the smallest things seem to piss me off.

Then- I felt this warmth surge through me, all down my arms and to the tips of my fingers, it was weird and made goosebumps rise on my arms despite the fact I wasn't even cold.

When I smelt the burning of my pencil I quickly dropped it and shoved my hands under my thighs staring down at the table, taking in deep breathes not knowing how to handle this burning inside my body.

What does one do in this situation?

Raise my hand and "excuse me can I go to the clinic I may be burning from the inside out?"

I frantically looked around the room and sighed in relief when I saw only backs of heads, even the creepy green-eyed boy seemed to not be looking anymore.

I spent the rest of class scribbling notes with a red pen because that's all I had left.

The bell rang and everyone seemed to be ready to bolt out of class which only made me feel obligated to just stuff everything in my bag and run out before it was just me and the teacher.

I rushed towards my locker wanting maximum time to eat lunch, only to see that creepy kid from English class, I sighed.

I look around at the locker numbers and of course mine is right near his.

I could not eat lunch.

My stomach grumbled.

Not an option.

What if he is some creepy kid that just stares at everyone.

Maybe he has Asperger's syndrome or something, I knew someone like that before.

I took a deep breath and looked forward and avoided eye contact going straight to my locker, the ten dollar bill for me to buy food in mind.

I had to put in my combo twice before I managed to get my tiny locker open, I stuffed as many books as I could in my locker getting rid of half the weight of my book bag and sighing in relief once I put my light backpack on my back. Mentally cheered when I pulled the ten dollar bill from the tiny locker pocket and I was ready to bolt when-

"Hello", The boy's voice said, I let out a silent breath, my face cringing and then turned to face him.

"Hi", I said awkwardly getting ready to turn around and walk away as fast as I could.

He ran his fingers through his messy blond hair and his eyes wandered towards his locker as if he was struggling with what to say next.

"Michael", He stated and immediately cringed at how he approached that.

"Adara", I returned with a forced smile trying to get out of this conversation.

I was hungry and he had already stolen five minutes from me.

I quickly turned around wanting to get away from this, but a guy ran right into me and something inside of me clicked and anger- annoyance- frustration made my neck hot.

"Goddammit!", I yelled pushing the guy who was pushed into off of me.

"Chill out babe, just an accident", He said with a smug look on his face, I was not an angry person, I was never the one to get angry, even when I was this hungry, but it was like that voice in my head that normally holds me back was yelling at me to punch him.

I raised my hand to slap him, but Michael grabbed it before I could bring the full force of all the confusion turned to fury, that had built up in my head throughout the day, onto his cheek.

My body tensed up at his touch and a chill went down my spine, an unfamiliar feeling filled my chest and my body went... cold?

The jerk walked away and I diverted my attention to Michael with a shocked expression, him returning it with an odd look. I snatched my hand away and rubbed my wrist, goosebumps rose on my skin and this time I was actually cold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 6 55
Adalyn is on a journey to find someone, someone she didn't know would change the course of her life. Someone who would change the dynamic of her fami...
7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...
3.8M 125K 29
Aceso has always been sheltered by her pack ever since she was a little girl. Never being allowed to leave for school field trips, and always kept on...
36 0 23
Just for Mimi 🫶🏻 10 years ago the life of Mackenzie Maeve Grace was forever changed by a childhood car crash, emerging with telepathic powers and a...