My Little Blessing

By Melanie0800

○○○•COMPLETED•○○○ ••• BOOK 2 ••• ○Following Too Young○ Read to follow alon... More

Chapter 1: Going Back home
Chapter 2: Welcome to the Gang
Chapter 3: Cry
Chapter 4: Help
Chapter 5: Typical Day
Chapter 6: Everything seems to be alright
Chapter 7: Riley, Maya and Noah Day
Chapter 8: Morning walks
Chapter 9: My girlfriend and our son
Chapter 10: 2 months
Chapter 11: Lean on me
Chapter 12: Night away from Josh
Chapter 13: Casual Sunday
Chapter 14: Active?
Chapter 15: Blanket
Chapter 16: Halloween
Chapter 17: Babysitting Evs
Chapter 18: Not again
Chapter 19: Thanksgiving
Chapter 20: Back to school
Chapter 21: Misunderstanding?
Chapter 22: Teething
Chapter 23: Exhausted
Chapter 24: Apologies
Chapter 25: Riley's birthday
Chapter 26: Happiness
Chapter 27: Christmas!
Chapter 28: Unexpected
Chapter 29: New Year
Chapter 30: Ice Skating Accident
Chapter 31: I'm back!
Chapter 32: Mama
Chapter 33: School over Noah?
Chapter 34: Baby proofing
Chapter 35: All I need is my family
Chapter 36: I'm sick
Chapter 37: Noah's laugh
Chapter 38: Forgiveness
Chapter 39: Crash
Chapter 40: Hanging out with daddy
Chapter 42: Maya side
Chapter 43: You can do it
Chapter 44: Easter
Chapter 45: Our baby
Chapter 46: Everything is going to be fine
Chapter 47: Proud of you
Chapter 48: Haircut
Chapter 49: Family time
Chapter 50: Poor boy
Chapter 51: Grocery shocker
Chapter 52: Loving father
Chapter 53: One-derful
Chapter 54: Florida
Chapter 55: No sand
Chapter 56: Brave boy
Chapter 57: Forever
Instagram 1
Instagram 2
Instagram 3
Instagram 4
Instagram 5
Instagram 6
Instagram 7
Instagram 8
Instagram 9
Instagram 10
Instagram 11
Instagram 12
Instagram 13
Instagram 14
Instagram 15
Instagram 16
Instagram 17
!SURPRISE!

Chapter 41: Another fight

1.2K 35 31
By Melanie0800

"Is he always this loud?" Olive asks with a soft laugh as I glance at Noah in his play pen screaming and playing with his toys. He isn't mad or sad or anything, he just does it for fun. He's a loud baby. "Yeah" I chuckle lifting my hand to run my fingers through my hair. We've been trying to study but we were mostly getting distracted and slipping into conversations that had nothing with the work we were suppose to do.

I know what you're thinking, when the hell did you become this close to her? I thought you hated her. Well...

I've been spending a lot of time with the gang to study and be a little more social. Since Liv is part of our group of friends I've been seeing her a lot to. I did keep my distance at first, not wanting to trust her at first because I wasn't sure if she was going to be true to her words, although people do deserve second chances. As days went on we started talking, she always asked about Noah and if he was alright or if he learned anything new, she's adores him, almost as much as Farkle. Anyways she's been really, really nice, I'm pretty sure its because she feels bad for what she did but she is doing a good job of building a new friendship with me. When I learned that she also did art that's when I got more interested in her. Unlike me who's mostly into painting and photography, she's more into crafts which is why we started studying the subject together.

She taught me a few techniques of hers that she uses for different types of crafts and I shared my painting and photography tips. Right now I'm working on a really cool art piece, I'm using old books (so it's a little crafty, thanks Liv) and its inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Liv is working on editing some of her pictures that needs to go on her project to support her final piece, evidence of ideas captured that lead to her piece.

"Who is more like? You or Josh?" She asks curiously, leaning her head on her hand as she keeps her eyes on him. "He's a perfect mix actually" I admit "He's calm and super easy like Josh but he's also hyper active and a handful like me, he's a perfect combination of Josh and I" I explain with a smile. "That just made him even cuter" she gushes making me laugh.

"But he is Josh's clone" she shrugs "He still has some part of you in him, like his eyes and the shape of his lips"

"True" I agree smiling when he tries to stand up, he holds onto the barrier to keep himself steady. A wide grin on his lips and he's blue eyes sparkling with happiness. When his eyes find mine he start babbling and moving his feet around, making him look like he's dancing. Liv starts laughing and I shake my head in amusement, "He's gonna be a little dancer".

"Mamama" he starts to mumble, his words getting louder as each seconds go by. "Alright, alright I'm coming" I chuckle getting up from my seat, "That's what she said" Liv whispers causing me to stop in my tracks and look at her wide eyed. "Oh my God really?" I laugh and she shrugs innocently. I roll my eyes playfully and turn back around to get my son.

"Hiya Pumpkin" his smile widens as I reach him, he's such a happy baby. I pick him up and place him on my hip walking back towards Liv. I sit back down and move him so he can sit on my lap.

"Hi cutie" Liv coos blowing him a kiss, however my son doesn't seem interested in her like he usually is. Instead he just snuggles against my chest and starts to suck on his fingers. "Your hand is more interesting than me huh?" She chuckles "You're really adorable you know that?".

I reach for my phone to glance at the time, normally Noah loves to interact with people, that is if he knows them. "Already" I gasp when my eyes land on the time. "What?" Liv asks furrowing her brows, "Its almost 3 o'clock" I reply making her eyes widen.

"Fuck" she mumbles "I'm going to have to go, I have to meet up with my mom" she sighs.

"And I have to feed this little guy, that's why you're so interested in your fingers. You're hungry" I turn him around in my arms so he's facing me and kiss his cheek.

Liv starts to pack up her things and I get situated to breastfeed Noah. With him being 9 months and 2 weeks old, he's more interested in food than my boobs. It's a little sad knowing I'll stop breastfeeding him but I'm trying to hold in my sadness and look at the positive side.

I say goodbye to Liv and let Noah finish eating before getting him ready. My dad is going to pick him up and they're both going to get Everleigh from school and go to the park. Whilst he watches Noah I'll be taking advantage of the time I have by myself to do work. Fun. I have less than 3 weeks before I'm filled with exams but then I graduate and its over so I'm busting my ass off to do well.

I get Noah dressed for the day and get his diaper bag ready with extra thing my parents will need when watching him. The doorbell rings right in time as I place everything on the stroller, "Its open!" I shout.

The door opens second later with my dad looking beyond happy, "Where's my favourite grandson?" He asks closing the door behind him and walking further into the room. "He's your only grandson and hi to you too dad" I giggle as I look up at him.

"Hey kiddo" he smiles and walks closer to me with his arms wide open, right as he's about to hug me he notices Noah in his walker. "Oh my goodness he's walking!" He exclaims with wide eyes, "With a lot of help yes" I laugh at how distracted he gets. "But he is working on his balance so I'm sure he'll actually walk soon" I add.

"That's amazing" he grins but I shrug "Yeah, it's a little sad knowing he's growing up but I am really proud of him" his safe softens and he finally pulls me in for a hug. "The hardest part of being a parent is watching your kid grow up" I tighten my grip around him "Time is precious, we need to learn to appreciate it" I pull away to look at him "You do realise you're just making me want to keep him here with me right?" I say with a soft laugh.

"Sorry kiddo" he kisses the top of my head "But you need to study and that cute little baby of urs is highly distracting" I laugh and nod in agreement.

"Come to Papa Pumpkin" I giggle at the nickname he have for my son. The fact that everyone uses it makes it even more special. I didn't think my parents would ever use it cause it's a reminder of when Josh and I had drunk sex and I ended up knocked but here they are using the name with a smile.

"Say bye to mama so we can go pick up Auntie Evy" I take a few steps closer to my dad and go on the flip of my toes to kiss my son. "Bye bye sweetheart, be good, I'll miss you" giving him another kiss before I pull away I wave my hand. "Bye bye" a smile pulls at his lips and he start waving back at me. My heart flutters at the sight of him. My precious son.

~🍼~

I spend hours working on different subjects for school. My brain feels like it's about to explode but I'm starting to feel really confident in my work so that's a big plus. My dad being the amazing guy he is sends me a bunch of pictures of Noah along with Everleigh and what they are doing throughout the afternoon.

Dad😜: I think Aunty Evy was happy to see Noah, I can't really tell can you?

Dad😜: The look on his face when he saw how big the slide was

Dad😜: Car ride with Aunty Evy, it started getting cold so we're going back home, they're doing a staring contest

Dad😜: I'm so funny look at his huge smile

Dad😜: just woke up from a nap

Dad😜: look mama I'm almost walking

I love how he keeps me updated with what's going on, especially with the pictures and videos, I freaking love it. I shake my head in amusement watching my son smile brightly as he holds onto the wall to steady himself on his feet. One day he'll just let go and start walking without a problem. I get ready to type back an answer but the front door opening catches my attention. Is Josh already back from work?

I turn my head to see who it is and I'm surprised to find Riley. "Hey what are you doing here?" I question furrowing my brows, she didn't tell me she was going to come today. She shrugs "I thought we could hang out" she says leaning against a chair next to mine. "Riles I love you but I gotta study" I watch her gnaw on her bottom lip and I instantly know something is on her mind. "What's going on Riles?" She sighs and tucks a strand of her short hair behind her ear.

"Its just we haven't been spending a lot of time together" I frown slightly. She isn't lying but it's not exactly my fault. "I know Riles and I'm really sorry about that, you know how school is and you know I'm not smart like you, I gotta really study if I want to graduate".

"Yeah I know but I don't know maybe we can study together?" She looks at me hopefully but I arch my brow. When we study together we don't actually study, there's a few different things that can happen all of which we never end up doing what we intend. We either get distracted and talk about the new school gossip, rant about how much of an ass the teacher is or end up arguing about what we're studying because we learn in different ways. "You know that never works" she takes a deep breath and looks around the apartment.

"Look I'm really sorry Riles I promise once all this is over I'll hang out with you" I say hoping she doesn't get too upset with me. "I feel like you're just avoiding me" she admits softly, "What?" My eyes widen "Riley you know that's not true. I have a freaking son if you don't remember, your cousin as matter of fact. He takes up a lot of my time, he's at an age where he's learning a bunch of things and he needs my attention. You know that" I remind her. "I know that, don't you think you haven't told me that every single time I've wanted to hang out with you?! It just feels like you're using him as an excuse sometimes" I scoff in disbelief and stare at her in shock.

"I'd like to see how you'd handle being a mother of an 9 month old during exams" I snip "I get it Riles I haven't been the greatest friend but it isn't easy okay! I don't even have time for myself and if I do, its to study" she rolls her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest "Yeah well you seem to have enough time for Liv rather than me".

Okay so she's jealous. Great. "Riley we're just doing some Art stuff" I try and wave it off but if course she isn't going to let it go. "And yet we can't do something together?" She asks already getting frustrated with me, "Maya just admit that you don't want to hang out with me anymore" I groan in annoyance at the brunette. "That's not true though! I love hanging out with you, you're my best friend I'm just busy" I attempt to make her understand but its Riley and once her mind is set on something it's practically impossible for someone to change it.

"You always are!" She slightly shouts "I'm sorry I'm bothering you, tell me when you're done using your son as an excuse and done hanging out with your new best friend which by the way once not only insulted you but Noah!" She yells moving to head to the front door. "I swear Riles you're overreacting for nothing!" I shout getting up and going after her.

"Am I?" She snaps turning to face me "I don't exist to you anymore, ever since Noah came it feels like all you've been doing is replacing me, I'm sorry but that's the way I feel. You don't care about me as much as you used to, I'm no longer as important as I once was and I know that but at least don't cut me out of your life" she says as tears build up in her eyes "I miss my best friend, the one that was by my side during everything, the one I could rely on. I miss just being with you. It doesn't matter what we did at least we were together. I don't even feel like I'm a part of your life anymore" she quickly wipes her tears.

"Riley it can't always be about you, I have a life too. I'm sorry that I'm not there as much as I once once but that's because I don't have the same life anymore. I'm trying to make you understand that certain things are more important than hanging out with you. I'm not trying to say I don't miss it or I never want to hang out with you because that's not at all what I mean or want. You know I love it when were together but I'm not Maya Hunter your best friend anymore, I'm Maya Hunter, a mother, a soon to be graduante. I have a lot going on in my life" I say softly, hoping she'll see where I'm coming from.

However before she has the chance to even open her mouth the front door opens again and this time its actually Josh. "Hey girls" he greet with a smile as he kicks off his shoes. "Tell me when my real best friend is back" Riley mumbles before turning around and going straight to the door. "Hey niece wha-" she completely ignores Josh and slams the door shut causing my boyfriend's eyes to widen.

I groan and run my hand over my face in frustration. "Jeez what happened between the two of you" he asks walking towards me. "Another fight?" He guesses. "We had the worst argument ever all because she's being selfish" I explain dropping my hand to look at Josh. He sighs and pulls me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me. I snuggle against him, holding onto him as he leans down to place a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"She's thinks I'm using Noah as an excuse not to hang out with her" I mumble against him. "She's still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she isn't one of your main priorities anymore. You used to put her first in a lot of situations for years and now that she suddenly isn't, it's hard" he rubs my back trying to calm me down. "But what if she's actually right?" I ask pulling away slightly to look at him "We haven't done anything together in months. I'm just a terrible friend and I never tried to plan something to do for just the two of us" guilt quickly rushes over me causing tears to fill my eyes. "I'm suppose to be her best friend and I haven't been there for her ever since I got pregnant. That's why she feels like this, that's why she feels like she isn't part of my life anymore" Josh quickly wipes my tears and shakes his head.

"Hey no" he says softly "This isn't your fault" he assures me "Sure maybe you two haven't been close like you were before but things changed and she needs to accept it. She knows that you have a lot on your plate right now she shouldn't be making you feel bad for working hard and focusing on something that's important to you, she should've respected your choice. Sure she might feel a little left out at times but there's nothing you can do about it, you're a mother Maya" I sniffle and nod along to what he saying.

"I love you baby, please don't stress yourself out over this. I know Riley, I know she loves you, she'll come around" he leans down to kiss the top of my head. "Okay?" I sigh "I just can't keep having fights with her, I hate it" I mumble "I know you do sweetheart, but just promise me you're not gonna go over your head about this, it's just another fight in which the two of you will make up soon" I look up at him and nod deciding to agree with him, although I still feel bad for Riley.

"I love you too" I smile looking up at him lovingly. A smile of his own forms onto his lips and he leans down again, this time pressing his lips on mine in a soft, sweet kiss that makes my heart flutter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 356 12
♡ A Joshaya AU/Short Story ♡ Maya Penelope Hunter is set to be the next queen. She's been preparing her whole life for this moment. The only problem...
266K 6K 45
A common story about an uncle boing having to hear Maya constantly try to change his mind about her.
795K 15.5K 94
It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. Now Maya is just starting her freshman ye...
462K 10.4K 53
Ryan Matthews was older than his twin by six minutes and twenty seconds. Though this never seemed to matter to their parents, as she was the obvious...