Can't Woof It Out | Chase x S...

By Singularity_Writes

"I can't seem to woof it out... What is this feeling?" Skye asks herself. But she seems she couldn't put a pa... More

Notes From The Author
(S.1) Chapt.1 - Rescued
(S.1) Chapt.2 - Specialty
(S.1) Chapt.3 - The Hike
(S.1) Chapt.4 - The Paw Patrol
(S.1) Chapt.5 - Best Pup Friends Forever
(S.1) Chapt.6 - Inseparable
(S.1) Chapt.7 - The Days
(S.1) Chapt.8 - Pup Pup Boogie
(S.1) Chapt.10 - Mixed Signals
(S.1) Chapt.11 - His Birthday Party
(S.1) Chapt.12 - The Slip
(S.1) Chapt.13 - Doubts
(S.1) Chapt.14 - Just Like Yesterday
(S.1) Chapt.15 - All's Fair
(S.1) Chapt.16 - He Never Disappears
(S.1) Chapt.17 - Quest For The Crown
(S.1) Chapt.18 - Skye's Suspicion
(S.1) Chapt.19 - Nothing Like A Girl Time
(S.1) Chapt.20 | First Part - A New Profession
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Middle Part - Spy Chase
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Last Part - Searching
》 S E A S O N . 2 《
(S.2) Chapt.21
(S.2) Chapt.22
(S.2) Chapt.23
(S.2) Chapt.24
(S.2) Chapt.25
(S.2) Chapt.26
(S.2) Chapt.27
(S.2) Chapt.28
(S.2) Chapt.29
(S.2) Chapt.30
(S.2) Chapt.31
(S.2) Chapt.32
(S.2) Chapt.33
(S.2) Chapt.34
(S.2) Chapt.35
(S.2) Chapt.36
(S.2) Chapt.37
(S.2) Chapt.38
(S.2) Chapt.39
(S.2) Chapt.40
Snippet

(S.1) Chapt.9 - The Camping Trip

3.4K 57 145
By Singularity_Writes

"Ryder! I'm so excited to go camping tonight!" Skye barked, as she did a little flip. She was wearing her camping outfit, along with Rocky too. "I can't wait to taste those s'mores..." Rocky sighs dreamily, as the two pups said in chorus "Mm... S'mores~"

Ryder laughs at how goofy and excited his two pups were. It was the first time he had let them go out of his side. Later, Mayor Goodway had arrived, she had greeted Ryder and asked for permission if the pups are ready to go "Hahaha! They sure are Mayor Goodway! They couldn't stop drooling over s'mores" he joked, as the four of them laughed.

"Alright you two, be a good pup with Mayor Goodway, okay?" Ryder said, laying down his golden rule on them. Rocky and Skye nodded, as a sign that they oath to be good pups with the Mayor "Then, you guys are set to go!"

"Come on pups! Follow me! Bye Ryder!" The Mayor waved goodbye, as the two pups barked goodbye, while Chickaletta cluck out for who knows what the reason is.

As the Mayor, the chicken, and the two pups slowly disappeared within the distance. Chase had caught up with Ryder "Ryder, are you sure they'll be fine by their own? With... Mayor Goodway? Out in the..." as he gulped on the last part "Woods?"

Ryder gave Chase a little scratch on his head "Don't worry Chase, they will" as he walked off to the other pups. The German Shepherd looked at Ryder, then to the distance, and sighs "I hope you're right..." he whispers to no one. As he walks to his friends to play.

With Skye and Rocky, they were still walking along the dusty paths of Adventure Bay to their camp site. "Rocky... I'm scared..." she whimpers, as Rocky gave her a sympathy smile "It'll be alright Skye. I'm sure we'll survive this night together, along with the Mayor and Chickaletta"

This had somewhat calmed Skye down "Heh, thanks Rocky. It's just, all new to me. Being separated from all the pups and Ryder. Especially Chase..." she muttered while walking. Rocky's ears perked up "Chase?" He asks in surprise and confusion.

"Ah? Did I say Chase? I mean cheese! Yeah! I'm gonna miss eating them, hehe!" she spoke those words out of nervous, and seems that she's trying not to rush her words, but her voice had failed her. "Since when were you in to eating cheese?" Rocky asks, smirking, as he knew Skye would always deny her feelings for Chase, besides, it's fun to tease Skye he thought.

Her eyes scanned rapidly around her surroundings "Uh... I started to like cheese the past few days! Haha! Yeah! Rubble shared me a piece of his cheese! And from then on, I love it!" she then finishes her statement with an odd smile.

Although, with her seemingly convincing story... Rocky wasn't. The past few months, he had finally figured out why she seems blue when they had their first mission. With Chase being gone, with her accidental mentions of him, and caught subliminal mutters or whispers about the German Shepherd. All the stars have aligned, pointing that Skye likes him. Although, she may be still blind with these new feelings.

"Alright then Skye, if you say so" he said with a tone of humor and uncertainty. Skye just sweated even more "Uh oh..." She muttered. Rocky sighed "Stop denying you don't have feelings for him" he laughed.

Skye became flustered "R-rocky! I told you I really don't have interest in him" she replies, as she whispers the last bit. But the mixed bred dog just laughs it off "Fine~ I'll stop pushing your buttons~" he said.

But Skye could feel it isn't the end of The Almighty Shipping Rocky. Oh no no no, she knows he's just warming up. Before their conversation had completely ended, Rocky poked Skye on her cheek, then had ran ahead of her.

"Rocky..." she muttered, as she carries on walking behind the Mayor, Chickaletta and Rocky.

"Here we are pups!! Now before anything, why won't we set up the tents?" She suggested, as she placed her bag, where Chickaletta was in, down.

While Rocky and Skye had started to set up their tent. Skye finished first, then Rocky. While the Mayor ended up with an upside down tent. Which she turned it correctly afterwards.

"Next, we clear out any leaves, branches and sticks to avoid our campfire to catch any material it could burn" then, she watches the pups to happily pile the leaves, branches and sticks into two groups.

When everything was cleared out, and the rocks for the campfire were in formation. Mayor Goodway announced that they'll be going on a hike or stroll in search of wood for the campfire. The pups yipped happily as they went out for a stroll down the dusty paths of the forest ground.

There was comfortable silence between the group. The birds chirping, the leaves rustling, and little critters doing their job peacefully.

Skye smiled at the beautiful sight. She missed this. She then, got hit by another memory of her old owner... Olivia. Before she was separated with her, and was pushed off the steep mountain...

She used to see these kind of beauty. Where everything was... Peaceful. And perfect. And... No betrayal.

Rocky noticed her face darkening. So he knew he had to play the card again to snap her out "Thinking 'bout Chase again?"

This had actually snapped Skye to reality again "H-huh?!" She stammered, getting caught off-guard. "Ooo~ You were then!" He teased.

Skye then blushed and slightly yelled "N-no I wasn't!! Honest!!". Rocky rolled his eyes and said "Why can't you identify adoration and love?"

"I HAD A ROUGH PAST..." she yelled. Rocky had backed away a little from her. The Cockapoo sighs and apologizes for her sudden outburst. "Haha, it's fine, I should be apologizing too. I pressed your buttons too much" Rocky apologizes too.

Skye smiled at him then continues to follow behind Mayor Goodway. As they continued to walk, Chickaletta suddenly disappeared. "Chickaletta!" The Mayor cried, as she tried finding for her dearest pet chicken.

She found Chickaletta fallen from a crevasse "Rocky! Skye!" She called, the two pups immediately obeyed her. The pups found Chickaletta down there, Rocky barked for his claw, but was unable to, as it was too short.

"I'd fly down to her, but it's too narrow for my wings." Skye commented, looking down at the crevasse Mayor Goodway stiffened up and said "There's only one thing left to do" as she pressed Ryder's number to call the Paw Patrol.

-----

Later, Ryder received it. All the pups were in the middle of doing something, when Ryder had called them all with their pup tags. "Ryder needs us!" The said in chorus, as they ran to the look-out elevator.

After Marshall had stroked all the 'pup-pins' down. They all shared a good laugh, before the clear elevator door had closed and took them up.

When the door flung open, they all jumped out of it and Chase was the one who announced they were ready "Ready for action, Ryder, sir!" He says confidently.

"Thanks pups for coming here so quickly" he thanked, as he told the pups that he received a call from the Mayor.

Chase's instinct thought was Skye, knowing she's part of Mayor Goodway's camping. "Is Skye okay?" Then when he had blurted it all out, he tried to rephrase it "Er... I mean, are they okay?"

Beside Chase was Rubble, he smiled at Chase. By this, he probably knew what was up, but decided to tease him later. Gotcha Chase Rubble thought, as he smiled victoriously within him.

Ryder reassured that the pups were fine, then he began to tell the pups their plan. He deployed Chase and Rubble, as Rubble will clear the rocks from the edge, and Chase will have to use his winch.

When Rubble had said his usual phrase "Rubble on the double!" Ryder then yelled "Alright! Paw Patrol is on a roll!" The ran to the pole and slid down. While Chase and Rubble took the slide down.

After dog houses were transformed, and Ryder's garage door flew open, they sprung into action and hurriedly drove to the campsite.

Along the way there, the sun began to set. So Chase had to turn his light on "Ruff! Light!" Then his light was deployed and casts its brightest light.

"Chase, shine your light so Rubble can clear the loose rocks" Ryder commanded "You got it!" Chase says, as he pointed the light to where the rocks were, so Rubble could clearly see it.

As the two pups did its job, from meters away, there was a Cockapoo watching them into action. "Wow... They're so amazing" she thought. They were all fearless, and seems to be... Calm. When it's already becoming night, and stars began to appear, while there's a chicken fallen inside the crevasse.

How do they manage that? Especially Chase... She then, forced herself to come back to reality. When she had rebooted, what she heard from Ryder was "--I need a small pup to ride down the winch"

Skye's eyes perked up, and her eyes sparkled in excitement "I can do it!!" She says happily. Ryder then nodded in agreement, as Chase barked for his winch. Ryder then attached the winch to Skye, when she was all set, she went down the crevasse to save Chickaletta.

As Chase watches what's in front of him. Anticipation was all over him. He was scared for Skye "What if she fell out from the winch? What if she couldn't see? WHAT IF--"

"Okay! Bring us up!" She yelled, a wave of relief rushed to him "I'm on it!" As he pressed a button to retract his winch.

"Can you spot me Rocky?" Ryder requested, as Rocky replies "You got it" then pulled Skye and Chickaletta up.

When Skye had touched the ground, Chase had hopped of his police car and ran to her and says "Yes! Skye's okay! She's okay!"

Skye heard it, and her heart immediately melted. But played it off cool "Aww... You were worried!" She says. Then scolded herself in her mind "What a dumb response! Of course he would! You're his friend! Friend..."

She then saw Chase shake his head and replies "Uh... No I wasn't! I'm just uh... Glad you saved Chickaletta" he implies. It had somewhat crushed her heart, but tries to put up a smile for him.

So all she could say was "Thanks Chase. That's very sweet" with her convincing happy tone. Then, Skye had an idea and requested Mayor Goodway if the other pups could stay and camp with them.

The Mayor agreed, as the other pups were called over, which was Marshall and Zuma. Then, they had roasted marshmallows over the campfire... When all the honey graham crackers and marshmallows were gone (as for the humans they had some chocolate in it)... Everyone decided to call it a day.

As all the pups had went to their respective doghouses, and tents for Skye and Rocky. But Skye had noticed at how Ryder doesn't have any place to sleep in. Rocky's asleep already, and she's the only pup awake with a tent.

"Ryder" she whisper-yelled, this caught the guy's attention, as he knelt down to her "Yes Skye?" he asked. "Ryder, you sleep in my tent" she says, as she went out. Ryder protested that he shouldn't, she should. "No Ryder, I'm fine, I'll make my own tent to sleep in" he says, as she pushed Ryder in her tent "Uh... Okay Skye, just tell me if you want your tent back" Ryder replies, concerned for his pup.

Skye nods to reassure him, and with that. Ryder had zipped the tent up and slept. Now, Skye's all alone with the campfire, and the stars above her. Twinkling it excitement. She smiled to herself Yeah, I did the right thing.

She was so happy that she could make everyone happy, even Ryder. When she was about to sleep, someone had tapped her. She opened her eyes to see a German Shepherd. His eyes were filled with concerned "Skye, get in my dog house" he suggested.

But Skye refuses to "No thanks, besides, sleeping outside is better. I could see the stars" she replies in half truth. She does want to get inside, somewhere warmer than the outside, but she does want to see the stars without anything covering her view either in half, quarterly, or fully.

Chase shook his head "You're gonna catch a cold" he implies. "Chase please--" and with that, he disappeared. She sighs I guess I didn't make everyone happy, exactly she thought, as she closes her eyes to sleep.

But then, she felt warm all of a sudden. Skye opens her eyes again to see Chase placing a blanket on her. "If you don't want to get in, at least there should be something keeping you warm" he says, then he smiles warmly at her, warm enough to make her heart melt. The Cockapoo giggles and says "Thanks Chase..."

"It's no problem" he replies, as he walked back to his doghouse and slept.

I guess he made me happy. 

And with that, she closes her eyes, and soon, had drifted off to dream land.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 106 9
(This story is an interactive story, meaning you, as the reader, get to decide the fate of this story. For more info, please read Information + Rules...
6K 107 12
The month of December is here, and now the pups will try to get everything ready, but they're going to run into issues and have to finger out what to...
14.3K 154 8
While on his birthday, the Paw Patrol decide to send Marshall away on a cruise with Everest for a vacation. However, things turn for the worst when t...
9.1K 162 10
Life could be so happy with friends Well that's what one pup thought in particular Marshall enjoyed beings with his friends but what will he do the o...