Can't Woof It Out | Chase x S...

By Singularity_Writes

"I can't seem to woof it out... What is this feeling?" Skye asks herself. But she seems she couldn't put a pa... More

Notes From The Author
(S.1) Chapt.1 - Rescued
(S.1) Chapt.2 - Specialty
(S.1) Chapt.3 - The Hike
(S.1) Chapt.4 - The Paw Patrol
(S.1) Chapt.5 - Best Pup Friends Forever
(S.1) Chapt.6 - Inseparable
(S.1) Chapt.8 - Pup Pup Boogie
(S.1) Chapt.9 - The Camping Trip
(S.1) Chapt.10 - Mixed Signals
(S.1) Chapt.11 - His Birthday Party
(S.1) Chapt.12 - The Slip
(S.1) Chapt.13 - Doubts
(S.1) Chapt.14 - Just Like Yesterday
(S.1) Chapt.15 - All's Fair
(S.1) Chapt.16 - He Never Disappears
(S.1) Chapt.17 - Quest For The Crown
(S.1) Chapt.18 - Skye's Suspicion
(S.1) Chapt.19 - Nothing Like A Girl Time
(S.1) Chapt.20 | First Part - A New Profession
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Middle Part - Spy Chase
(S.1) Chapt.20 | Last Part - Searching
》 S E A S O N . 2 《
(S.2) Chapt.21
(S.2) Chapt.22
(S.2) Chapt.23
(S.2) Chapt.24
(S.2) Chapt.25
(S.2) Chapt.26
(S.2) Chapt.27
(S.2) Chapt.28
(S.2) Chapt.29
(S.2) Chapt.30
(S.2) Chapt.31
(S.2) Chapt.32
(S.2) Chapt.33
(S.2) Chapt.34
(S.2) Chapt.35
(S.2) Chapt.36
(S.2) Chapt.37
(S.2) Chapt.38
(S.2) Chapt.39
(S.2) Chapt.40
Snippet

(S.1) Chapt.7 - The Days

3.2K 50 85
By Singularity_Writes

Years passed. And all the pups have grown, and Ryder turned ten already. And the pups had started to rescue pups as well!

"Pups! We have a problem. There's a dog in danger! We've got to save it. Marshall. I'm going to need your ladder to help the dog get down" Ryder announces as Marshall replies "I'm fired up!"

Then Ryder presses something om his pup-pad and Chase's symbol pops out. "Chase. I need you to use your net, in case the dog falls" Ryder commands, as Chase then says "Chase is on the case!"

"Paw Patrol is on the roll!" He yells as he and the two pups took on action. While everyone else were left behind. As soon as the three had completely left the Paw Patrol area. All the pups waited at the look-out in case Ryder does call them for back-up.

Although, Skye was quite lonely, as Chase wasn't there to be with her. So, she just sat down on the floor, staring at nothing but the shiny floor.

Some pup had approached her. He had a British accent and said "Hey, you alright dude?" He asked, as she lifted her head to slightly level with him.

"Uh, me? I guess..." as she placed her head back down again. Zuma gave her a little nudge, which successfully worked to grab her attention "Hey, what about we race down the look-out, circle the look out thrice, and go back here again! The first pup to touch Rocky wins!" Zuma says, offering her some fun, as he knows that she's blue that Chase's busy.

Skye smiled as she nods as a sign of acceptance "Hey!! Why am I in this?!" Rocky says, flabbergasted. Zuma just laughs "You're the only pup left!".

Rocky rolls his eyes "Fine, I'll be your finish line" he says as he gets into position. "Race you there!" Zuma yells, as he slides down the slide. "Hey!! No fair!!" Skye yells as she runs with laughter, trying to catch up with Zuma.

After the two pups slid down, they circled the look-out with their paws constantly being swayed back and forth. Zuma finished first, and Skye finished the second he did. The two raced inside and rode the elevator.

Luckily, Skye was fast enough to catch the elevator before it had completely closed to transport Zuma upstairs, where Rocky is patiently waiting for them.

As the elevator went up, the two pups tried catching their breath vigorously. As if they had just ran a 24-hour non-stop running marathon.

"You're quite the runner..." Zuma breathed out, as his chest rose up and down rapidly. Somehow, Skye managed to giggle even if she was almost out of breath.

"There's more where that came from!" She replies "In fact, you haven't seen the other things I can do" as she too, breaths heavily like the pup beside her. Who's almost about to collapse.

She doesn't blame him. The challenge was quite crazy. Three lapses to circle the look-out? But it's width and diameter is huge!! Who knew one slim looking look-out from afar could be tiring to circle it?

Skye silently thanked Zuma didn't add two more lapses for that. If he had, they'd be out of oxygen by that!!

A moment passed, the elevator door swung open, revealing the mixed-breed eco-pup that Rocky is. Skye and Zuma stared at each other way too intensely, that their squint was getting smaller that they can't see the pupils anymore.

"Uh, are you guys gonna touch me, or tackle me? Or... Whatever you guys feel like it? Or did you change the game to the staring contest?" Rocky asked from the background. Which had snapped the two away from their competitive glances.

The two glanced at each other one last time, before they both yelled "I'LL TOUCH ROCKY FIRST!!" Then, the aftermath of their competition. Zuma got to touch, or... Rather push Rocky first before Skye could.

The three pups began to laugh hysterically at the result "Hahaha! That was awesome! You're a cool pup Skye!" This made the cockapoo laugh, as she did a flip and finally got off of the two male pups.

After maybe an hour of playing various games. Chase, Marshall and Ryder had finally came back, with another pup. "Guys, say hello to Rubble!" Ryder announces as the pup howls in excitement.

Then, Rocky Marshall invited Rubble to play with them. He gladly accepted it and and every pup went down to the grass lawn to play. Ryder followed them afterwards.

He laughed at how goofy his pups are. All barking happily, wagging their tail as they await for the ball to be served. "It's coming to me!!" Rubble yelled as he passes it to Chase.

Chase barked as he served the ball to Zuma, whom passed it to Rocky. Rocky then, passed the ball to Skye, which she served with her back-flip.

"Woah! That was awesome!" Marshall compliments, as the other pups awes at her unusual, but excellent move, Chase smiles from behind.

Skye caught a glance of him from the pups that was in front of her. Chase gave her a wink, as she replies with a giggle.

What seems years. The pups had said their goodbye to Rubble. Skye says "We're gonna miss you!" As she rubs her face to Rubble in sorrow.

Ryder, who clearly seems affected with the emotional goodbye the pups were having, says "He doesn't have to. Because he's staying! Welcome to the Paw Patrol, Rubble!"

Then, all the pups howled in excitement, Rubble then gave each one of them a hug, or a paw-pump, or any kind of greet.

Days have passed, and the Paw Patrol slowly blossomed to popularity. They were often called for help. Some gave them some tip (i know it doesn't happen in the real one, but let's say it does here) and Ryder was happy that he could earn some money to raise himself and his pups.

But this popularity had made Skye somewhat... Blue. She and Chase spent less time, as Chase became busier with missions. Along with this, this opened a door, making way for her, Zuma and Rocky's friendship to blossom as well.

As usual, Zuma was Skye's competitor in most things. Like the first pup to finish their bowl. But, Zuma was usually with Rubble. They really do have fun with bubble baths. As Zuma loves the water, and Rubble loves... Well, bubble baths!

Skye and Rocky became closer than before. Although, it wasn't the same she made a male pup friend, Chase. When she first met him, it was... Different. Indescribable. She couldn't put them to words.

Since the two became closer, she had told Rocky her backstory. Although, along the way, Rocky noticed something. Whenever he mentions the name 'Chase', she became blue.

He had asked her about this a dozen times, and refuses to explain. He always wondered why, but somehow, couldn't get the answer.

He would try and ask Chase, yet, both seem to be clueless. And why Chase does try to speak this matter to Skye, somehow, it's as if this problem just disappeared and placed a smile instead.

When missions are over. Skye just acts that she hadn't been blue. Rocky noticed that. But he remained silent. Because Skye had told him to not speak a word of her loneliness. But she denied it was about any pup. She kept on convincing him that it was about her owner.

Maybe... Even herself.

Night falls upon Adventure Bay. The stars slowly burn in the night sky. The morning star had settled and hid its magnificent light away from the naked eye.

All the people and animals in Adventure Bay were getting ready for slumber. So does Ryder and his pups. Ryder was inside the look-out of its ground floor.

While all the pups were outside, sleeping in their dog house. Yawns filled the night atmosphere. Every yawn, attaches to another, as if it was a contagious disease.

Skye slowly crept inside her dog house. But as she had laid herself down. As she opens her eyes, she had found that exact sunflower that Chase gave.

It never had decayed, as it was a fake one. Just like their friendship. She still kept it in her heart, and had never withered away. Although, she felt that her connection with Chase had been slowly been cut off. It felt like they're about to turn into complete strangers again.

Was it a fake friendship? Was she a distraction for him? Or what is her purpose in his life, really? She doesn't know. But she shrugged the thought away, not letting negativity drown her into the darkness. Like what's upon the sky. Although, there are no stars to look up on, and to guide you with their constellations.

Skye just had sighed "Where have the days gone..." as she closed her eyes, refusing her heart to ache and to tear up, and end up in a crying mess, and to result of waking everyone up and start a whole new drama.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.5K 28
A Re-Write Based on the Fanfiction by Swarm X Love; stress, courage, worry, and many other emotions packed into a being all at once. It can be heaven...
33.3K 548 39
Includes, action and romance. Have a guess which pups the romance is about? You guessed it! Chase and Skye, well mostly. 😅 When the pups take a...
72.7K 915 18
If you have watched the show, you might know about the episode called "Pups Save Skye." This is a story that is somewhat like that episode but instea...
26.7K 444 16
Book Two of the "Long and Hopeful Journey" Series. If you haven't read the first story in the series, Race Against Time, I suggest reading it before...