The Queen's Game

By The_Queen_107

"This is a male dominated business Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggra... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: "Watch me"
Chapter 2: Ego Battle
Chapter 4: Frenemies
Chapter 5: Mason Reed
Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 7: The Heir Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Unknown
Chapter 9: "It's you in dog form"
Chapter 10: Introducing the five foot child
Chapter 11: Don't Question It
Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)
Trailer!!!
Chapter 13: Birthday Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Target Practice
(Character Cheat Sheet) Authors Note #1
Chapter 15: Sweets Overload
Chapter 16: Ambush
Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan
Chapter 18: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 19: "Is this the part where you yell?"
Chapter 20: The Anniversary
Chapter 21: The One Where He Fuck's Up, Big Time
Chapter 22: Bitch Boy
Chapter 23: Apologies
Chapter 24: The Group
Chapter 25: Ruby
Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"
Chapter 27: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 28: The Girl With Blonde Hair
Chapter 29: Secrets and Lies
Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment
Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder
Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"
Chapter 33: Bribery
Chapter 34: Old People
Chapter 35: Newlyweds
Chapter 36: Night Out
Chapter 37: Dance Battle of Death
Chapter 38: Starting Point
Chapter 39: Period Problems
Chapter 40: The Holiday Spirt
Chapter 41: Threats
Chapter 42: Washington
Chapter 43: Shotgun
Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 45: Cause for Concern
Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly
Chapter 47: In The Moment
Chapter 48: Headlines
Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Chapter 3: The Northern Heir

666 23 4
By The_Queen_107

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~

Back at the house Luke, Jack, and a few of the older gang members carried Mr. Shiny's head and his gang of idiot's unconscious bodies down to the holding cells in the basement of the gang house.

Not wanting to deal with them yet I let the boys do their thing and walked to the kitchen to grab a water. When I entered Matty was sitting at the island table with a whole chocolate cake in front of him.

"Do you plan on sharing any of that with anyone else or is it all for you?" I asked with a grin on my face as I walked around him to the fridge.

"Mine..." he said in some sort of demonic voice. I rolled my eyes, "I have no idea how you are still in such good fucking shape! You eat at least twice your weight in sweats every day and only exercise like once a week, yet you still have a fucking six-pack! It's not fair!" I wined taking a seat next to him at the island.

Reaching my finger and taking a scoop of frosting off the cake Matty tried to smack my hand away but I pulled away and licked the frosting off my finger while Matty stared daggers into the side of my head.

"Oh come on. A little sharing won't kill you." I said reaching to take another swipe at the frosting but this time he was ready for me and smacked my hand away.

"Yes, yes it would. Now go away and let me enjoy my cake without your crummy paws trying to steal the amazing creation that is chocolate frosting off of my cake." He said sliding it out of my reach.

I put my hands up in surrender giggling, "Fine, I'll leave. Have fun with your cake. Remember, no glove no love." I said laughing hysterically to myself as I walked out of the kitchen.

"I hate you!" He yelled after me

"Love you too!" I yelled back as I went to go find Luke.

~~~

A few hours later

It was seven o'clock and all eight of us were sitting in the entertainment room on the various types of couches

Candy and Luke were curled up on the love seat while Jack, Mira, and Matty were on the three seater, still facing us but also facing the gaming system where they were playing Mario Kart.

On the big L-shaped couch was Lee, Mal, and Me. I was laying on the end where it extended out while Lee was lying with his head in my lap and Mal was curled up in his fuzzy blanket at the other corner of the couch by Lee's feat.

On the big flat screen, I had put on the Greatest Showman. The three playing Mario Kart weren't paying attention at all but every time one of the songs came on Matty and Mira would stop playing and sing with Candy, Mal, and Me at the top of our lungs, which Jack complained about every time without fail.

"Would you guys stop making my ears bleed, and would you two actually pay attention to the game!" He complained as Matty, Mira, Mal, Candy, and Me screamed/sang The Other Side at the top of our lungs.

Continuing to watch the movie I ran my hands through Lee's blue hair. My attention was on the movie but I needed to do something with my hands, I tend to fidget a lot when watching TV or a movie.

After twenty more minutes of watching the movie John, my father's third in command came barging into the room. He was a bearded man with pale skin, not much older than my father at forty-two. On his right arm he had a tattoo with the allusion of ripped skin making it look like he had a cyborg arm underneath, he also had brown eyes and short black hair.

The scar that went over his right eye was harder to see in the dim lighting of the entertainment room. The scar was from the night that my mother was killed in an attack on our home when I was eight.

"What do you want?" I said rolling my eyes. "And how many times do I have to tell you balding idiots that this room is my space and you can't just come barging in here of your own accord without even a bloody knock!" I said annoyed as Lee sat up and motioned for John to speak.

"Your father wants to see you in his office. Now." He said keeping his usual emotionless face. "Ok. If that's all you can leave now." I gave him a fake smile and unpaused the movie. "I said now Rowan," he said this time with more aggravation in his voice than an annoyance. "And I said ok. That means you can leave now." I glared at him, daring him to challenge me.

"Now Rowan!" he yelled, finally catching the attention of everyone in the room. I paused the movie again and glared at him. "The last time I checked you weren't my father or Andy so I'd watch how you speak to me." I was getting aggravated. I know I was being difficult but I was tired of everyone thinking they could push me around today.

Everyone looked between John and Me. Lee and Luke looked ready to jump up and stop me from hurting him, the last thing I need is my father being mad at me for killing one of his inner gang members.

"Whatever," he muttered in defeat. "Just go see your father soon," he said and left the room.

"I swear to god if one more person tries to push me around today someone's going to die." I fumed standing up walking to the minibar and taking a swing from the vodka bottle.

"Rowan put the bottle down and go talk to your father. It won't kill you." Luke said from his spot back on the couch. "Yeah, but it might kill him." Mal said under his breath. I rolled my eyes

"Whatever, fine." I put the vodka bottle down and made my way towards his office, still dressed in my outfit from this morning.

When I got to the door I paused for a second, thinking about what he would want to talk about. This morning? Did he know about what happened at the docks?

Snapping out of my daze I knocked on the door and waited. "Come in" I heard my father's voice and opened the door. "Took you long enough Rowan." my father said with a smile on his face. I took a seat on one of the chairs wanting to get this conversation over with.

"What do you want to talk about dad?" I questioned giving him a bored stair. "I heard about what happened at the docks. Were you planning on telling me, or did you just want me to find their unconscious bodies in the basement?" he said giving me a questioning look, a smile still on his face. "Maybe." I shrugged.

"Well after hearing what happened I realized something," he said, not directly looking me in the eye. "What did you realize?" I questioned leaning forward in my chair. "That I've been unfair. After what happened with your mother and sister I've been afraid of losing you. And for some reason I thought that keeping you from this world, from this business that got your mother killed, I would be able to keep you safe." from where I was seated I could see what seemed like regret in his eyes.

"But I know now that trying to keep you from this world is just making you fight for it more. And after today I can see my mistakes. You're my only child left and the idea of losing you made me an idiot. This gang was a legacy passed down to me and by blood, it's your legacy too and I shouldn't have tried to keep that from you. So if you think you're ready and can handle this I will inform everyone that you are my heir."

He still wouldn't look me in the eye. Suddenly I really began to realize how aged he was. At forty the stress of this life and the death of my mother have really taken their toll on him. "Really?" I asked not entirely believing him. "Yes, it's your legacy," he said, finally looking at me.

He put his elbows on the desk and linked his hands together, "Now that that's settled on to other important matters. The heir's ball is this weekend, Justin, Lincoln, Cameron, and You will be the guest of honor. You and your inner circle must attend as well as Justin, Linc's, and Cam's inner circles.

"Ok, me and the girls will go shopping tomorrow for gowns, I'll have Candy make sure the boys have suits that fit and we'll pick up ties for them when we go shopping." I said smiling at my father. "Ok, you do that. Now go get some sleep, you have to go back to school tomorrow," he said, returning with a smile of his own, for the first time in a while me and my father are actually getting along.

"Do I have to?" I ground, sinking into the chair. I was really dreading going back to that hell hole of stress and depression. "Yes, now go. I'll see you tomorrow." As I got up and walked to the door he stopped me. "Wait." I turned around looking at him, "Yes?". He looked down, then back up at me, "I just wanted to say I love you Rowan." he said and started to type on his computer. I smiled, "I love you too dad." and with that, I walked out of his office.

~~~

Tuesday Morning

"ROWAN GET THE HELL UP!!!!" Luke screamed barging into my room kicking open the locked door. "Note to self yell at him for that later." I thought to myself as I pulled the comforter over my head. A few seconds later the warmth was ripped from my body and I shivered, even though I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a loose-fitting t-shirt.

"What the hell Luke!" I screamed trying to pull my blanket out of his grip but it was too early in the morning for me to be playing tug a war with Luke so I gave up and collapsed back into my bed closing my eyes.

"No going back to sleep." Luke said as he grabbed my ankles and pulled me out of my bed, literally pulled me out of bed, "LLLLUUUUUKKKKKEEEE!!!!!!!" I screamed so loud I'm sure everyone in the house heard me.

I was in a heap on the floor as I glared at Luke who had a smile on his face. Very soon I heard many running footsteps coming from every direction. "What the hell is going on in here!?!?" Mira yelled as she lowered her gun and tucked it back into her pants. Behind her was Candy, Mal, and Jack.

I glare at Luke "This idiot decided that literally pulling me from my bed was the best way to wake me up, oh and he kicked my locked door in!"

Candy glared at Luke and he just smiled sweetly at her. "I told you to see if she was awake! Not kick the door in and pull her out of bed!!"

"Yes. But she's awake now, isn't she?" He said pointing down at me. Candy rolled her eyes and walked out of the room repeating "I give up."

Grabbing Luke's ankle I pulled it causing him to fall back onto his ass. "Hey, what was that for!?!?" He yelled rubbing his butt to try and decrease the small pain the fall caused, like I've said Luke is overdramatic.

"Oh, you know what you did." I said still glaring at him. "I didn't do anything." he said, trying to act as innocent as possible.

"Oh, I'll show you what you did!" I screamed as I tackled him back to the floor.

This led to ten minutes of Luke and Me fighting on the floor. We only stopped when Mira and Jack pulled us apart.

Luke had blood dripping down his nose from one of my punches. "Ok, that's enough. Luke go downstairs and clean up that blood and Rowan start getting ready for school. You have an hour." She said as Jack dragged Luke out of my room.

"An hour! That idiot woke me up an hour early!" I yelled stuffing my head down into one of my pillows.

"Rowan, what time were you planning on getting up?" She questioned raising an eyebrow at me.

"Eight-fifty." I answered my voice muffled by the pillow.

"Rowan!" She yelled, "That's when school starts." She was pinching the bridge of her nose, something she did when she was annoyed.

"I'm aware, I wasn't planning on going." I said grabbing my blanket and jumping back on the bed.

"Rowan get up and get dressed. Now!" Mira screamed, ripping the blanket away from me.

"Fine, fine." I said getting up heading to the bathroom attached to my room

Fifty minutes later I had my hair curled and my makeup done. I was dressed in a plain white T-shirt with a black leather skirt and my jacket, with a pair of heeled boots.

Grabbing my bag I walked downstairs into the kitchen where everyone else was.

~~~

At the school, we arrived on time for once. "Come on, Lee and Rowan hurry up!" Candy yelled from her spot a few feet in front of us.

When we entered the building we were yet again greeted with a sea of people blocking the halls.

"Those two really need to stop their fucking fighting in the school." I said as me and everyone else's started pushing our way through the crowded hall. Once people realized it was me pushing my way through they all moved out of my way quickly.

In the middle of the circle, Cameron and Lincoln were throwing punches at each other. Their inner gangs just standing there watching.

I quickly told Luke and Lee to break them up. As I slid in between them to try and calm them both down Cameron got free from Lee's grip and went to hit Linc. Not realizing that I was in between them Cameron's fist hit me square in the face with all his strength.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. 

Hope you enjoyed 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...
1.4M 45.3K 50
"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lig...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
38.6K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...