The Queen's Game

By The_Queen_107

"This is a male dominated business Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggra... More

Introduction
Chapter 2: Ego Battle
Chapter 3: The Northern Heir
Chapter 4: Frenemies
Chapter 5: Mason Reed
Chapter 6: The Heir Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 7: The Heir Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Unknown
Chapter 9: "It's you in dog form"
Chapter 10: Introducing the five foot child
Chapter 11: Don't Question It
Chapter 12: Birthday Madness (Part 1)
Trailer!!!
Chapter 13: Birthday Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Target Practice
(Character Cheat Sheet) Authors Note #1
Chapter 15: Sweets Overload
Chapter 16: Ambush
Chapter 17: Beware The Moody Rowan
Chapter 18: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 19: "Is this the part where you yell?"
Chapter 20: The Anniversary
Chapter 21: The One Where He Fuck's Up, Big Time
Chapter 22: Bitch Boy
Chapter 23: Apologies
Chapter 24: The Group
Chapter 25: Ruby
Chapter 26: "Douchebag on a Motorcycle"
Chapter 27: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 28: The Girl With Blonde Hair
Chapter 29: Secrets and Lies
Chapter 30: The Silent Treatment
Chapter 31: Sweet Morning Texts of Murder
Chapter 32: "I'm About to Fight his Bitch"
Chapter 33: Bribery
Chapter 34: Old People
Chapter 35: Newlyweds
Chapter 36: Night Out
Chapter 37: Dance Battle of Death
Chapter 38: Starting Point
Chapter 39: Period Problems
Chapter 40: The Holiday Spirt
Chapter 41: Threats
Chapter 42: Washington
Chapter 43: Shotgun
Chapter 44: Embrace for Impact
Chapter 45: Cause for Concern
Chapter 46: Things Get Ugly
Chapter 47: In The Moment
Chapter 48: Headlines
Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Chapter 1: "Watch me"

1K 23 17
By The_Queen_107

POV: Rowan Collins

~~~~

*Bang*

*Bang*

*Bang*

I looked up from my gun to the targets, perfect shots on all three. One in the head, one in the heart, and one in the stomach.

Switching on the gun's safety I placed it down and shifted my focus to the clock that hung above the door. seven am, that means that everyone should be getting up soon.

I made my way to the makeshift meeting room we have in the basement. There was a big square table in the center with papers and maps scattered all over it.

On the back wall, there was a huge map of Eaglesview, the four territories color-coded. Shaded in blue was the northern territory that was currently run by my father.

Shaded in Orange was the east side's territory which is currently run by Martin McBride and is to be taken over by his oldest son Lincoln.

Shaded in green was the southern territory which is currently run by Jason Murphy and is to be taken over by his son Justin.

And shaded in red is the west side currently run by Mason Reed and is to be taken over by his son Cameron.

In the center of the town though is the neutral zone, where no gang violence is allowed. There are many shops and homes but the high school is also in the neutral zone, right smack in the center of it.

The docks are also considered a neutral zone but are located on the far side of the northern territory. There is also one road that runs through the northern territory to the dock that is considered neutral.

"I should probably clean this place up," I thought as I started moving things around.

As I was cleaning up the meeting room I could practically taste the bacon someone was making upstairs. "Mira must be cooking breakfast," I thought to myself.

Mira is my best fighter, she may be able to plead innocent but she's capable of killing some with her bare hands. But without her, we would all probably starve to death.

After a while, everything was where I wanted it, But that's when I heard the arguing upstairs.

"GIVE IT BACK YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!"

"MAKE ME!"

"OH, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU ALRIGHT!"

I rolled my eyes, Candy and Luke must be at it again. "I should probably go make sure nobody's dead yet," I grumbled to myself, grabbing my gun and putting it into the back of my leggings.

As I climbed the stairs from the basement that led to the kitchen the smell of delicious bacon got stronger and stronger, I was practically drooling.

Hey, can you blame me? Bacon is life.

When I got to the top of the stairs I stopped in the doorway to observe the sight before me. Luke, my second in command was sprawled out on the floor clutching his arm melodramatically, His platinum blond hair was all messed up like he just got out of bed. Which he probably did, I mean it's only like seven-thirty.

On the other hand, Candy, my best hacker was sitting at the kitchen island on her phone with a victorious grin on her face. Her natural cherry red curls were wildly framing her face like she hadn't brushed it yet, but knowing Candy she probably didn't care, she usually only has her hair in a ponytail anyway. When I looked at her blue eyes I noticed a glint in them, most likely because she stopped Luke from doing whatever he was doing and managed to have him on the floor whining like a big baby.

I looked over Luke checking to see if Candy did any actual damage. When I saw he was just being dramatic I went through the doorway and stepped over Luke to the fridge to get the stuff for my smoothie.

"Are you just going to stand there while I'm on the floor in pain?!?" He questioned sounding offended. I put my strawberries on the cutting board then turned around and looked him straight in the eyes and simply said, "Yes, now stop being a baby and get up." I went back to cutting up my fruits. 

Mumbling incoherent words he got up and sat next to Candy trying to look over her shoulder to get a look at her phone, which I think was what started all this in the first place.

Eventually, I had a strawberry banana smoothie in my hand. While Mira was almost done with everyone's breakfast, everything was going well until Candy screamed again.

"TRY TO TOUCH MY PHONE ONE MORE TIME LUKE, I FUCKING DARE YOU!"

And Luke being the idiot he is tried to grab her phone again. That's when the fighting started, Candy tackled Luke off his chair to the ground, they were wrestling on the floor looking like children throwing a tantrum. I was about to step in when I heard Mira speak up.

"I swear to go if you two don't stop I'm going to hit you both again," she said waving her spatula around threateningly. If it was anyone other than Mira holding the thing I wouldn't be scared for them but it was Mira and she can turn anything into a deadly weapon.

Mira had her shoulder length dyed grey hair tied up in a bun while she was cooking but she was dressed in a plain white T-shirt with a black spaghetti strap leather dress overtop that stopped at her mid-thigh with fishnets and a pair of black vans.

They stopped for a second, Candy was sitting on top of Luke's chest and he had his hands on her hips, but then they quickly started fighting again.

I watched the entertainment for a little while but it soon became more annoying than entertaining. "Candy if you're going to try to kill Luke please go out to the backyard, I really don't feel like having to get blood stains removed from the kitchen floors again," I said bored taking a sip of my smoothie and stealing a piece of bacon from the plate Mira had put out.

Candy had a smirk on her face while Luke looked mortified. "Ok." She chirped as she grabbed Luke by the hair and started to drag him to the doors. "WAIT!!!" Luke screamed trying to get out of Candy's hold.

"You can't let her kill me. If you do, who will go get you chocolate milkshakes at the butt ass crack of dawn!"

He had a point. Luke was one of the only ones willing to drive down to the neutral zone and get me a shake from my favorite store when I'm in a bad mood or had a bad day.

"Fine" I drawled out and rolled my eyes. That's when I heard someone from behind me, "What the hell did I just walk in to" someone said from the archway. When I turned around I saw that it was Malcolm, the kid is basically my little brother, he's only fifteen so we have him deliver messages for the gang. I took Mal off the streets a few years ago after he ran away from his abusive father.

"Who knows," Mira said while setting a plate out for everyone on the kitchen island.

Mal's wildly curly brown hair was somewhat styled at the top of his head and he was dressed in a dark blue oversized hoodie with black ripped jeans and a pair of white sneakers. He sat down at the island looking down at the empty plate, and then back up at Mira. "What's for breakfast today?" he asked, trying to look past her to see what was on the stove.

"Bacon and eggs," she said, turning back to the stove.

"But I don't want eggs... I'm fifteen! I'm a growing boy. I need more than just bacon and eggs." He whined acting like the child he constantly claims he isn't.

"That's what I'm making, if you don't want to eat it. starve," Mira said, continuing to flip eggs. "Uggghhh" Mal grounded taking bacon from the plate on the table.

Deciding that I should probably see what had to be done today I turned to Luke. "So what's the plan for today?" I asked putting my smoothie cup in the sink and grading a water bottle out of the fridge and taking a sip. "Well the shipment along with Lee is coming in tonight, we have school in two hours. Oh, and your dad wants to see you before we leave." I spit out the water into the sink behind me and started choking on what was left in my throat. "s-sch-school!?!?!?" I yelled, still coughing.

"Yes Ro, we have school, well technically it started a week ago but it's fine," Mira said finishing putting the food on the plates. "Whatever" I muttered.

After I finished my choking episode I turned to Luke, "You said my father wanted to see me?" Luke looked up at me with pieces of egg and bacon coming out of his mouth, he always eats like a starving pig. He quickly chewed and answered, "Yes." I took my plate of scrambled eggs and a few pieces of bacon and ate my breakfast.

After I finished I made my way to my father's office, that's when I realized that I had to go to school in less than an hour and I was still in my light green sports bar with a pair of black Nike leggings with a now messy ponytail that had pieces of dark brown hair falling out of it. "I'm going to have to change quickly after talking to dad." I thought as I made my way to the office doors.

I knocked three times and waited for my father's voice to come from the other side of the old oak door. "Come in." I heard his deep voice as I opened the door.

My father, Derrick Collins. The current leader of the north side gang of Eaglesview. He was dressed in his usual expensive black suit with custom rose gold cufflinks and a pure white button-down with an open collar with his neatly combed dark brown hair.

I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek and took a seat opposite his desk in one of his fancy brown leather chairs.

"Morning," he said, pushing his thin black rim glasses up on his nose.

"Morning, Luke said you wanted to see me?" I said, throwing my left leg over one of the armrests and tucking my right one into my chest waiting for him to answer.

"Yes, I did. The east, south, and west gang leaders are on my ass about choosing an heir and..." I quickly sat straight in the chair and glared at him questioningly.

"What do you mean choosing an heir!?!" I yelled. I always knew that he didn't think I was capable of running the gang but this is just ridiculous, I'm his blood and the fact that he's even considering choosing someone else just because I'm a girl is infuriating.

"Yes, I mean choose. You're not ready to run the gang by yourself and I need someone more capable of doing this than you." He said slowly as if I was a child that needed something explained to them.

"I am perfectly capable of running this gang on my own!" I yelled standing up and resting my hands on the front of his desk

"This is a male-dominated business, Rowan! You won't make it one minute without my help." My father said aggravated as he organizes the papers on his desk.

"Fine! if you have so little faith in me to do this on my own, why don't we just throw me into the deep end and see how long I last!" I yelled slamming my hands down on the front of his desk while staring daggers into his head, if looks could kill he'd be lying dead on the floor of his office.

"You won't last five seconds," he said, his voice monotone, already convinced that what he was saying was right.

"Watch me." And even I could hear the utter determination that laced my voice. And with that, I started walking towards the office door.

"What makes you so certain?" He called after me.

I stopped in the door frame and turned around, "In a world full of King's there needs to be a Queen." and with that I left, slamming the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading. please don't forget to vote. 

<3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.3K 50
"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lig...
38.6K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...
464K 17.6K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...
136K 3.8K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...