Finding Joy

By dream_outlouddd

Lauren Joy Carter She seems to have it all. A great big family, great friends but something is still missing... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Harmonys Journey Sequrel
Chapyer 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27: Reupload
Chapyer 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Finding Joy
Fighting for Joy
Fighting for Joy
New Work Published

Chapter 2

26.2K 1.1K 193
By dream_outlouddd

Lauren POV

"Lau this is dope! Just try it on!" Erin whined.

"I am not putting that on! You wear it!" I said folding my arms.

"It don't come in my size! Just put the damn dress on!" He barked at me.

"Whatever!" I said grabbing the dress.

It's cute, and all but, everything's showing.

"I'm taking this off!" I shouted.

"Let us at least see first!" Kelsey shouted.

"Okay. In coming out" I shouted.

I came out in the all black strapless bodycon midi dress. They were silent.

"You look gorgeous!" Kelsey gasped.

"Damn, your daddy really did know what he was doing when he make you put on different clothes. Your boobs and ass is like 3x bigger! I think I might just be straight." Erin said.

I laughed. "Okay, y'all can stop now. I'm taking this off." I said.

"Did you look at yourself?" Erin asked.

"No." I said.

He pulled me to the mirror. I do look pretty damn sexy. Ass like pow, and curves like bam. I look like a baddie.

"So you wearing this to the club tonight?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, I'll get it." I sighed.

"Let's shop some more and then go to the food court." I suggested.

"Yeah let's do it." They agreed.

We shopped for an hour, it's now 7:00 and I'm beyond hungry!

"I'm gonna head to the food court. I haven't eaten all day." I shouted to both Erin and Kelsey. They are trying on bathing suits.

"Okay mama! Make sure you save us seats away from the creeps." Erin yelled.

"I gotcha boo!" I said leaving out the small store.

Well your probably wanting to know a little more about me, I am going to school because I want to build a brand, a legacy outside of what my dad and brother do. My dad was a young lawyer, then a judge, and one of the best might I add now, he's the mayor and then, he's hoping to become the governor. He's gonna be 50 years old, this weekend, another reason why I'm letting Erin and Kelsey force me to go out because they are gonna go to the party with me.

It's not all that bad, because my dad doesn't let his home life and private life intersect. He doesn't even do business with my brothers. But all in all, it's more fun when they are with me.

"Thank you." I smiled at the girl who had given me my chicken noodle soup and frozen mocha. I know weird combination but It's cold, even for the beginning of winter and I really wanted something sweet.

"Shit!" Someone yelled as I crashed into them.

My iced mocha spilled. Damn!

"I'm sorry." I said noticing his all white shirt, now stained with a mixture of soup and also mocha drizzle and extra whipped cream.

I gathered a few paper towels I began whipping the shirt.

It was a man or a really masculine girl because his stomach area had me about to pass out feeling it underneath my fingers tip.

He reached his index finger out and bring my face up to focus on his face. He's cute.

"It's alright ma." He chuckled.

"No, that shirt is pretty expensive. I'll buy you a new one, Gucci has a store in here." I said.

"I have plenty at home. Tell you what, allow me to take you out to dinner." He said smiling.

I looked him over, he looks like bad company, I'm sorry to judge but he has on a pair of true religion jeans, white Gucci shirt, with a all gold Rolex and some j's on. That reads Dope Boy.

"No, I'm sorry. But I'll buy you that shirt." I smiled politely. He could be one of those dangerous ones, that will kill you from just saying he's a dope boy.

"nah, that's cool little mama. Why you can't go out with me though?" He asked looking down on me.

"My friends are dragging me to the club, and I don't get out much because of work and school." I said simply.

"Okay, I respect that. But can I get your number then?" He asked.

"Nope, but I'll tell you what, if we run into each other again, I'll be sure to give it to you." I smiled.

He chuckled. "You know what lil mama Imma take you up on that." He said smiling.

"Okay well I have to go before my friends come over and badger you. It was nice meeting you Mr...." I started.

"Devin, Devin Thomas, like wise." He said.

I smiled and walked away from him. Damn he was so so good looking!

I sighed sitting at the table.

"Umm hoe you gotta get to explaining!" Erin said flipping his hair.

"What you talking about?" I asked of course playing stupid.

"Who was that fine ass man!" Kelsey said.

"He was someone I dropped my frozen mocha and chicken soup on." I said damn! I really wanted that.

"Umm so what he say?" Kelsey asked excitedly.

"He said it's cool ma, you ain't gotta apologize." I said trying to imitate his voice.

"Well was he cute? I didn't get a good look at him." Kelsey asked giddily

"He was-" I started

"That man was more than fine he was sexy. " Erin cut me off.

"Awe! Did he say anything else!" Kelsey asked.

Sometimes it annoys me how happy she is.

"Yup. He asked me out for dinner. I said nope, and then he asked for my number and I told him if I see him again I'll give it go him." I shrugged.

Erin popped me. "Hoe I know you ain't stupid to let his fine self just walk up out of here! You ain't get his number or nothing! You so stupid ugh!" He said yelling making everyone's attention come on us.

"What y'all look for?" Kelsey yelled making them turn back around.

I sighed. "Whatever y'all. He's cute but he seems like a thug or something." I shrugged.

"I can't right now. I'm going to get food." Kelsey said walking away frustrated.

"Well bitch, good luck in your arranged marriage." Erin said.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"It's true! All your brothers are married! They are happily married and James, Chris and Jackson have children. Christian is a newly wed. Sooner than later because your parents think you can't find a man your little behind will be shipped off with one of your daddy's good friends son." He stated.

"One, you know my daddy doesn't want me to be married, he wants me to be his little princess forever and two, you know if it came down to it you'd marry me for him." I laughed at the last part.

"I'm too fly for that! I'm tryna find my own damn prince how I'm gonna be that for you if we want the same thing!" He laughed. "But for real Lau, your dad wants you to have a life but be conservative. It's really you who has the issue with moving on from that person." He said seriously.

It's true. My dad encourages me to have fun and go out but doesn't want me to be like the typical drunken rich girl. Which isn't my style. I barely drink, I sip.

"I understand what you saying. I'm just not all that ready yet. It took my a lot to get out of that state." I said not really wanting to talk about it.

"Baby girl. You need to understand that you are doing so great. You are a smart, beautiful educated black women. Plus your graduating a year early! You doing the damn thing. Plus on top of that you being at the head of your class. Honey you are a great package, Beyond measures. You need to understand that. Fuck what that fuck boy did and said. You see where he at now! In jail, probably somebody's little bitvh." He said sipping his juice. "But that's not our business." He smiled

I can't lie, his words made me tear up. When I was with Jacob, I thought I really loved him, and he played me out. Made me feel like I wasn't even worth two pennies rubbed together.

"You right. I promise you I'm not gonna be mean and stuck up if a dude approaches me tonight." I said.

"Yes bitvh! That's what I'm talking bout!" He clapped his hands.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. Him and Kelsey are my support system outside of my family. My mom is heavy, just not as big as me. She always telling me, love who you are and your beautiful but that's what parents supposed to say right?

We sat down laughed, and talked for a little while then I got up.

"Alright y'all. I'm gonna head home because I got to KO before I go to this club. Lord knows y'all gonna have my tail out all night." I shook my head

"Okay, but I need to ask you a question." Kelsey said.

"What." I asked.

"Well Ty called and one of his boys are coming. He asked me if I had a friend who's available. I didn't give him an answer so... Are you available." She asked bitting her lip.

"Kels, didn't we speak about this." I asked.

"Yeah, but this dude you gonna like. I promise." She said.

"Yeah. Maybe it's not a bad idea. You know Ty ain't gonna be with nobody who ain't successful and got stuff going for himself." Erin chimed in.

I sighed. "Fine. But you paying for my drinks." I stated.

"Sprite or Coke with lemon dosent count as a drink honey!" Erin said.

"Screw you." I laughed.

"See, I would if you really had a different body part between your thighs." He said straight faces.

"Okay. I'm out y'all are too much for me!" I said getting out my seat.

"Bye BISH! Be ready when we get there nobody got time to wait on you!" Erin said.

"Whatever hoe!" I said walking away.

I love my friends, they crazy as hell but I love them through and through.

A/N

Everybody seems to like this one a lot. So here's the second chapter.

5 comments to update

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 456 29
"you sure your up for the ride, Princess?" "I don't really have much of a choice, do I?" "Not really sweetheart." "Will You protect me?" "With every...
343K 20.2K 37
Let Go, something easily said by many and hardly performed by few.
339K 12.1K 184
A book of Carter based one shots that include real situations , time jumps where the kids are older , teen jayoncé , drama , happiness , and song ins...
149K 5.4K 35
When hockey team captain, Jace Carter, needs help to get back on the ice, he gets assigned to the best tutor at Trenton State. Problem was his first...