Happily Ever After: A Christi...

By thatsmyswift

Sequel to True Love: A Christina Grimmie & Bobby Plizak Fanfic - this is mainly an extended epilogue. With a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Update (A/N)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Author's Note - Info on Third Book Included
Third Book!

Chapter 36

215 3 6
By thatsmyswift

I packed up all the things the boys would need for the night and tomorrow. Diapers, pacifiers, stuffed animals, a few changes of clothes, Ness's medicine (just in case), and anything else they could possibly need.

They were staying at my parents' house tonight since Bobby's parents were there and they wanted to see the boys more before they left.

Sarah and Lauren were teaming up with Bobby to get the boys out of their swimsuits and into clothes. You'd think three people would be more than enough, but Ness was not having a good day so three people might not have been enough.

I came into the living room with the bag, seeing Lucas running around half naked and Ness fully dressed, laying on the floor, looking like he was on the edge of falling asleep. Lauren had Lucas's pants and Sarah and Bobby were discussing something on the couch.

They'd been oddly talking more than usual since Lauren came. Seemed a little suspicious, but I'd ask them about it later.

Since the boys would be away for the night, we'd invited Mark, Jon, and Cassidy as well. We weren't exactly sure what we'd be doing, but it'd be fun.

Somehow Lauren managed to get Lucas's pants on him and Bobby volunteered to take them over, so we strapped them in and they headed off.

I went right into our bedroom and got dressed as I was still in my bikini, other than a towel I had wrapped around me because I'd gotten chilly at the beach.

I walked into the living room to see that Sarah and Lauren had changed too. Sighing as I sat on the couch, I noticed I was a little chilly again. I normally was cold, but today I was colder than usual. I decided it was no big deal and covered up with a blanket before joining in on the conversation with Lauren and Sarah.

Jon arrived first, just walking in and shouting "I'm here!". He was just like Lucas.

"Come on in, Jon," Sarah said as she waved him into the living room.

"Well if it isn't Jon Duckworth," I said as he sat down in the chair next to the couch.

"Well if it isn't Christina Grimmie," he replied and glanced at the blanket. "Cold? As usual?"

"Yep," I answered.

"You should keep your house warmer," he said.

"Good idea," Lauren chimed in.

"So... Bobby is?" he asked.

"Taking the boys to my parents' house. His parents are there for the next two days and they wanted some 'quality time' with them," I answered.

"Actually..." Sarah started. "I think he's here right now."

I heard the door open and then close. "Bobby?!" I called.

"Yeah?" he answered as he walked through the kitchen and into the living room.

"Just wondering if it was you," I answered and looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head before greeting Jon.

"You okay?" he asked as he sat down on the love seat across from the couch.

"Yeah, why?"

"The blanket," he said.

"Just a little cold," I answered.

We all continued talking and I noticed Bobby giving me somewhat worried-looking glances along with exchanging looks with Sarah every now and then.

"Bobby, um, can you come here for a minute?" I asked and led him into our bedroom.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I asked and sat on the bed. Suddenly I was pretty warm.

"I think maybe you aren't feeling the best," he said.

"And how would you know?"

"I don't know, it's just a guess. Your head felt a little warm when I kissed it earlier. You might have a fever, my dear," he said.

"I'm fine," I answered.

He put his hand on my forehead. "I don't have that mom sense where I can tell whether you have a fever or not, but your head is definitely warmer than it should be. Here," he grabbed my hand, "you feel."

Yeah, I had a fever. "Okay, maybe my temperature is a little warmer than usual, but I haven't puked or anything. I don't know why I would just have a fever but I don't think it's anything to worry about right now."

"Okay, fine. If you're fine then leave it," he said.

We made it back into the living room and sat down again.

"Everything okay?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You just look a little pale," she said.

The door then opened. "Who is it?!" I called.

"Mark," I heard my brother's voice.

"Mark! Come on over!" I said and pointed at the empty couch cushion next to Lauren.

We all started talking again, and before long Cassidy joined us.

Before we knew it, it was 6:00 and we were all hungry.

"Take out?" I asked.

"Chinese!" Sarah was first to reply.

"Chinese?" I asked again.

Everyone seemed to be on board, so I got out a piece of paper and had everyone write down their order. It was the way we had to do it for Chinese food. As I walked to get my phone I started to get cold again. It'd been on and off since we got back from the beach. Then I felt the need to sit down.

"Christina?" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Bobby. His arm was around me and I leaned into him and took a few deep breaths.

"You okay?" I heard from the living room.

"Yeah, yeah, I just need a minute," I answered.

"Why don't I order, you can just lie down for a while," Bobby whispered to me.

"No, I'm fine. I can order some food; I think I'm just a little tired," I said back as I went to grab my phone, trying not to look like I could get sick at any moment.

I seemed to say these types of things to Bobby all the time. Simply telling him I was fine, or that I'd do it alone, when I knew I wasn't fine or I couldn't do it alone. He seemed to get it, though. He understood why I kept pressing that I was fine or that I didn't need help. That if I said I'd do it, I'd do it. I don't know how or why he understood, mainly because I didn't even get why I constantly did this, but I knew he did understand.

"Okay, just don't wear yourself out, babe. I know you aren't a child and you don't need help with everything but you aren't completely independent. Don't be afraid to take a break if you have to," he said and squeezed my shoulder slightly before kissing the top of my head again. "And you feel a little warm, hon."

"Hon?" I asked.

"What's wrong with hon?"

"Nothing, you just don't normally call me 'hon.' You seem to stick with 'Christina,' 'babe,' 'baby,' and 'my dear,'" I answered.

"I don't think hon really suits you. But it was worth a shot," he said. "Now order that food before they get too impatient. They're worse than our children," he whispered.

I laughed and dialed, looking down at the paper. I quickly ordered all the food before hanging up.

"It'll be ready in a half hour. Who's picking it up?" I asked as I sat back on the couch, covering up in a blanket.

"I will," Sarah and Mark said at the same time as Cassidy and Bobby simultaneously said, "I can."

"Well, Lauren, Jon, and I definitely aren't," I said with a smile.

"Who's it gonna be?" Lauren asked.

"Okay, Bobby's out because he's had to run everywhere today," Sarah said.

"Good point. You deserve a break," I said.

"Sarah's out too because she's just visiting LA and she shouldn't have to run around here in traffic just to get us some food," Jon said.

"Kay, that leaves Mark and Cassidy," I said.

"Rock Paper Scissors?" Bobby asked.

"Yep. Best two out of three," I said.

So they Rock-Paper-Scissored it out.

Round 1:

Cassidy - Paper

Mark - Scissors

Round 2:

Cassidy - Paper

Mark - Paper

Round 3:

Cassidy - Rock

Mark - Scissors

Round 4:

Cassidy - Scissors

Mark - Paper

"Cassidy it is," Sarah announced.

"Okay, by now you can probably leave now or within a few minutes to get it in time," I said.

Not too long after she left, we were in the middle of playing Catch Phrase when I suddenly ran to the bathroom. I didn't realize there was a closer bathroom, but I made it to the bathroom connected to our bedroom in time to throw up in the toilet.

I stayed in there for another few minutes, collecting myself before throwing up again. I eventually didn't puke for a few minutes so I figured it was safe to clean up. I flushed the toilet and took a drink from the faucet to rinse out my mouth. Right after I did that was when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said and sat on the toilet seat.

To no one's surprise, it was Bobby.

"Maybe you should take some medicine," he said and sat on the edge of the tub.

"Can't you just hug me and play with my hair and tell me that you'll help me until I feel better?" I whined.

"Fine, come on over here," he said and opened his arms to me.

I made my way over to the tub and sat next to him on the edge. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head (again) before he started playing with my hair.

"When's the last time you got sick?" he asked, mainly to himself. "Ah, I remember. The pneumonia when Lucas was five months old. You were almost as bad to take care of as he was."

"How do you think I got that one?" I asked.

"Just being a lovely mother," he said quietly.

"This is just the flu, not half as serious as last time. You'll be fine, my dear. And I can nurse you back to health," he said after a pause.

I started laughing when there was a knock at the already wide open door.

"Come in," I said as I looked at the doorway that had everyone in it, other than Cassidy, of course. Even Maria and Melissa joined in to come into the bathroom where I'd recently puked.

"Is this a normal thing? Just casually hugging on the edge of the tub?" Lauren asked.

"Yep, this is the first time we've been caught. I guess we better be more careful next time," I answered.

"You have a very hot forehead, Christina," Bobby said somewhat quietly.

"I know, I know, I'm sick," I admitted.

"That's the thing about kids, they always seem to pass the sickness onto the caregiver," Mark said.

"And you would know this because....?" I asked.

"Because Mom got sick right after I did up until the time I was 15," he answered.

I just sighed and leaned my head into Bobby's chest.

"Should we leave or..." Jon asked.

"No, you guys can stay. I'll just take it easy for a while. I won't get you guys sick, I promise," I answered.

Just as we made our way out of the bathroom, my phone rang. Bobby picked it up before I could make it to it.

"Hello?" I gave him a dirty look as he answered.

I could hear crying through the phone and I looked at him, giving all my attention at the moment on anything I could hear from the phone.

"Yeah, we're on our way," Bobby said. "Bye."

"Christina, we gotta go. It's Lucas," he said and we followed everyone hurriedly into the living room.

"What's with Lucas?" I asked worriedly. Bobby was too busy talking to everyone at the moment, and I was left standing behind the couch worrying.

We gotta go. It's Lucas.

•••

Author's Note:

So proud for remembering to update! *flips hair*

Anyway, a few things I've been very happy about and if you haven't witnessed them yet, you should:

+ Bobby & Christina's Twitter conversations [there's been some major fangirl moments]

+ Christina's 'Facing Off' videos on The Voice's YouTube channel. [Team Adam was my favorite by far ;)]

+ Luke Cutforth (LukeIsNotSexy)'s "Coming Out (sort of)" video. LEMMA IS REAL I FREAKING KNEW IT ALL ALONG [this doesn't have to do with Christina, I just ship them really hard]

Okay, that's all I have for today. Sorry for the cliffhanger (but not that sorry) ;-)

- thatsmyswift xx

P.S. Please vote & comment your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 592 26
What if I tell you that the past, present and future are roaming around us. The more you dream the more lives you have lived. What would it mean when...
20.5K 549 22
Billdip fanfic. Based off of another BillDip fanfic titled Talent. Probably terrible so please don't hate.... :-p - Story is not finished and has bee...
27.2K 1.7K 23
I had never felt this way before, I had never felt the immediate butterflies swarm my stomach as soon as I saw them, but this was different. As soon...
386 15 8
For this fic, you better be ready to throw almost all the lore of Endgame. Break downtime. What if Tony never died? And what if because of that he fe...