The Invisible Best Friends

By Blackrose2027

Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally re... More

The Invisible Best Friends
Chapter 1 : Gradient High
Chapter 2 : Best Friend Introduction
Chapter 3: One Step Ahead Of You
Chapter 4 : A New Friend
Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War
Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong
Chapter 8 : Revelation
Chapter 9: Spinning Around
Chapter 10 : Oops?
Chapter 11 : Chasing Around
Chapter 12 : The World Of The Citrus
Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer
Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain
Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers
Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan
Chapter 17: Confusing Confusion
Aaron's POV
Question/Answers
Chapter 18 : I Am Really Bad At Farting Comebacks
Chapter 19: So That's How I Got Into The Competition
Chapter 20: Shut Up, Banana Girl!
Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Over For Me
Chapter 22: Nothing At All
Chapter 23: Back On Track
Chapter 24: Oxygen Hydrogen Carbon Radium Phosphorous
A/N
Chapter 25: It was Showtime
Aaron's POV (Part One)
Aaron's POV (Part two)
Chapter 26: Memories
Thank You <3
Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day
Chapter 28: Sugar Rush
Character Competition *CLOSED*
Results for the Character Competition
Chapter 29: Bring It On, Montez
Chapter 30: Mission: Tomato Love
Chapter 31: Pooping the Way
Chapter 32: Fluster Day
Question us!
Chapter 33: Meeting New People
Chapter 34: Cuddle Session
Chapter 35: Surprises All The Way
Chapter 36: Dating Vibes
Alyssa in the House
Candy's POV
Chapter 37: Shock Like A Thunderbolt
Chapter 38: Fight Song
Chapter 39: Dreams
Epilogue
Your chance to interview Aaron and Alyssa
My Rant: Why the epilogue hasnt been uploaded.
SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL
British Banana (One Shots)
Sneak Peek into the NEW BOOK
⭐️EXCITING NEWS FOR TIBF⭐️

Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day

193K 8.2K 1.7K
By Blackrose2027

Best Friends.. They know how crazy you are but still decide to be seen with you in public....

Chapter 6: Just Not My Day

"Ugh! My head hurts!" I groaned holding my head.

"It'll be okay. Try to relax" Sam said while holding the ice pack to my head.

"Okay? Are you serious? I can practically see unicorns chasing butterflies right-ouch- now!"

"You and your imagination" Sam shook her her laughing.

Yeah! Me and my imagination.

Confused? Well, let me take you back in time.....

*1 HOUR EARLIER*

"Come on! We're going to get late for gym" Sam dragged me through the hall.

"Ugh! Why do we have gym as a subject? Couldn't it be something like meditation? It is far more relaxing and is even good for health"

"Shut up and hurry"

We ran through the corridors and finally made it in time,huffing and puffing. Okay, that was just me.

"Thank God we made it. It is so hard to drag your lazy ass when it comes to gym," she huffed.

"Awh I know you still love me, Beary," I teased.

Sam hated when someone pronounced her last name wrong.

"Oh you better run if you want to save you life Bent" she said advancing towards me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I shouted as she chased me in the gym.

"I'm coming for you!" Sam shouted as she increased her pace. Let's just say she was really good at running and I sucked.

I turned back to see her just a few meters behind me. Suddenly her eyes widened as she looked past me and called out my name.

"ALI! Watch ou-" was all I heard before colliding with someone and falling hard on my butt.

"Ow" I rubbed my bum as i stood up.

I kinda froze when I saw who I had collided with.

"You little twat! How dare you?"

And I think you just guessed it.

"I'm sorry. Actually I was running and I-"

"Shut up! You just made things worse Bent. Now just wait and watch," she snapped.

I face palmed myself as she strutted her way towards the volleyball court.

"I think you are in deep trouble" Sam commented from behind me.

"You think?"

She was about to reply when our gym teacher blew the whistle. "Girls! Get your butts up here. Today we're playing a volleyball match"

Oh great. Looks like Lady luck was on my side. Not.

Volleyball, a game in which I sucked happened to be a horror game for me, since I always tend to get injured.

"Okay. Who will be the captains?"

Two girls, Beccy and Miranda volunteered and the teams started dividing. Each of the captains chose one girl at a time.

"I choose Sam" Beccy declared.

"Um...Shelly" Miranda said.

"Selda"

"Helen"

"Jade"

"Kira"

"Lindy"

"Kelly"

And the names went on and on until there were only two girls left, out of whom I was one.

Please let me be with Sam. Please let me be with Sam.

Please let me be with Sam, I prayed.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

"Gwen" Beccy finally said.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

"Alyssa, go to Miranda's team," the teacher shouted from the bleachers.

I slowly proceeded towards the other half of the court, cursing my luck today.

"Beware" I heard someone whisper.

At that, I couldn't control my laughter. "Beware? Who even says that?" A few others snickered with me.

I turned to see a very angry and embarrassed Shelly. Her face was bright red due my idiotic mouth.

Maybe I needed to keep my mouth shut 'cause as soon as the game started, my doom approached.

During the whole game, Shelly 'accidentally' missed a few 27 balls which again 'accidentally' hit my head every single damn time.

The whole volleyball match became more of let's-hit-Alyssa match. And that is how I ended up in the medical room....

*Present time*

"Hey, I'll have to go to my class 'cause I have a test due. Will you be okay?" Sam asked, looking concerned.

I gave her a reassuring smile and nodded.

She went away, leaving me alone, surrounded by the deadly white coloured walls and no one else near me *sigh*.

Wait! Since when did I indulge in melodrama?

Oh my God. Shelly must've hit me hard in the head. I'm gonna go insane like this.

***

POKE.

POKE.

"UGH! Candy! Stop poking my head"

"Does it hurt?" he asked, stopping.

"YES! A LOT!"

"Oh" Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"Now?"

I glared at him hard.

"You know what? This is all your fault, you dumb-headed jerk" I nearly shouted.

"Why did you have to come up and say 'Oh you know, she doesn't have a cat'"

"First of all, I did not say 'Oh you know' plus, 'he stole my cat' wasn't a brilliant excuse"

"It might've worked, keeping in mind how brainless your girlfriend is" I retorted.

"Yeah. And looks like you've lost a plenty of brain cells too"

"It can happen if a person stays with you for a long time"

And the argument continued....

Yeah so after arguing for like what seemed like quarter of an hour, Candy suddenly stopped. I gave him a questioning look but his eyes widened in alarm and he suddenly pushed me aside and quickly covered himself with the blanket and put pillows on top of him.

I was about to say something when I heard the door open.

"Hey, How are you feeling?" Sam came up to me.

Oh. So that is why he hid himself. Must say he's quick. Maybe he isn't that bad of a friend after all.

"I'm okay. Better, I guess" I answered honestly.

"Oh I was jus- wait, why do you have so many pillows hogging up the bed?" Uh-Oh! What do I say to her?

I shifted uncomfortably and Candy grabbed my shin. Oh NO NO NO.

That DEVIL!!

And why am I ready to utter the colourful language of profanities, you ask?

Apparently my shin is ticklish. And only Candy knows this.

"I-haha-um don't-haha- know"

That devil of a-

"Um, okay. But why are you laughing?" she asked, confused.

"I. Don't. Know." I tried putting up a poker face but I again burst into a fit of giggles.

He is SO DEAD!!

"Okaaaaay. I think you should rest for a bit more" She said giving me weird looks.

"Okaeeeeeeeeeeeee" I giggled and chuckled again. I was probably looking like a child on sugar rush.

I could feel Candy trying his best to control his laughter but was shaking a bit, trying to control it.

"Okay. Uh- see you later" Sam said and walked of with a half amused and half confused expression.

The moment I thought it was okay for me to let go of the tingly feeling, I burst into laughter and kicked Candy out of the bed. He fell down with a loud 'thump'.

Now I laughed my real laughter.

"Why did you push me off like that? My butt hurts now," He said rubbing his bottoms.

I glared and got up, forgetting about my head injury-okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but it still hurts!- and I spoke.

"Oh yeah? You wanna ask that again?" I took slow steps towards him and shot daggers through my eyes.

His face was PRICELESS. He looked like the time when I'd scared him when we were around eight years old.....

I had made a plan to scare him by hanging two white pillows from the ceiling and had covered them with his white bed sheet. I had fitted the pillows into one of his t-shirts and his favourite boxer shorts. So when it was around midnight, my plan came into action....

We were going to Candy's room after playing out for a long time.

"Candy?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you afraid of ghosts?" I asked.

"What?! Ghosts?! Haha! The ghosts are scared of me!"

I secretly smirked. "Oh really?"

"Ofcourse. If they see me, they'll even come begging for my autograph"

"Wow. You're so brave!" I was just giving him an ego boost so that l could tease him even more later on.

"Hehe. I know"

"Oh. Hmmmmm. Hey I'm gonna go to the washroom. Okay? I'll be back in a few minutes"

"Okay I'll wait for you outside the washroom" he said

"No, you go to your room. I'll come one my own"

"No, it's ok. l'll stay here"

"Is someone-ahem- afraid?"

"A-Afraid? Ha-ha. N-no" he laughed nervously.

"Prove it" I said narrowing my eyes

"Okay" he tried to be confident.

"Go then"

"Fine!"

As he went out of sight, I quickly climbed out of the window and entered his room through the other window, where I had hung the ghost.

As soon as I heard him enter and close the door, I took my position behind the ghost. I peeked through a slight hole in the bed sheet and as her turned, I shouted "BOOGEY MAN!!!!"

And as soon as I did that, I heard a very girlish scream,"AAAAAAAAAAAH"

I jumped out and quickly hid again behind the pillow and started laughing without making any sound. Apparently Aaron hadn't noticed me. But I didn't notice that I accidentally pulled the white cover from over the pillows.

'Busted,'I thought. 'Candy'll know now'

But instead of Candy's sigh of relief, I heard something which made me double over in laughter.

He shouted,"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH. BOOGEYMAN WORE MY UNDIE" and he slipped and face-planted himself on the ground.

And with that, I tripled over in laughter. Candy soon realized what happened and carried a pout, but it was already too late. And as for me, I laughed and laughed until my cheekbones and my stomach hurt.

I swear I had never even cried that much due to pain as I shed tears while laughing at that time.

Returning back to now, I decided to do a similar thing. I even switched on my phone for his reaction, just in case.

As I advanced with a slow pace and almost reached him, I shouted ,"BOOGEY MAN!!"

I had half expected that it won't work. But as soon as I heard a scream, I was proved wrong and I again doubled over in laughter.

OMG! I was so going to use this against him!!

It turned out to be a not-so bad day after all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys, I am so sorry for such a long wait. I know I said that I would update a lot earlier but my stupid internet stopped working and I had to stay without internet for two weeks.

Yes. TWO WHOLE FREAKING WEEKS WITHOUT INTERNET!

And to keep you from waiting anymore, I updated as soon as my internet started working again!

Thank God!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter.....

Vote

Comment

Share

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...
908K 23K 42
He's the school's biggest player. "Hey cutie, wanna take a ride?" He's the most arrogant person I know. "I can't help it if I'm amazingly good-lookin...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
995K 17.4K 43
'she was his light, he was her darkness. he would do anything for her, as long as it meant he would see her smile once more. some people would say th...