Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 52: Showered with Love
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Chapter 55 - The Left Behind
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 57 - Welcome
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 63 - Shocking
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

Ch.31: Newborn 101

6.7K 81 3
By X0starstruckgurlX0

Ch.31: Newborn 101

*Vie's POV*

Jacob was quiet the whole time, but then again, the wolf boy couldn't speak. His thoughts were clear as well though, and that's what worried me. I had full access to the other's thoughts as well, since Jacob's mind was connected to the other wolves. All of their thoughts were filled with questions about the newborns, the fight, the practice sessions, and most importantly, me. I was the main topic amongst them. Some were wondering what my vampire qualities were, others about the possibilities of what I could be, who my family really was and any combination of those. It sucked.

Jacob stopped a little ways from the house. He whimpered and did his best to nudge me and I got the picture. He lowered himself and all that was left to do was to slide off. Although I was careful that the dress did not go up. This reminded me even more of my time when woman would have to ride side saddle, it was very difficult and not to mention a lot more painful. I let the heels of my shoes dig into the earth as I watched Jacob run off. Five minutes later he stepped out into view and walked towards me, or so I thought.

He walked to the edge of the forest and waited for me there. He wouldn't look at me when I caught up to him, he just continued to stare at the house. I was even too scared to read his thoughts, I also figured he'd want those to stay private, and so I'd keep it that way. I didn't want to know just how biter he felt towards me, if he did at all. He just took in a big breath and continued to walk towards the red home. Once we reached the patio, he opened the door and held it open for me. I stepped into the warm home and I heard the screen door slam shut before he closed the wooden door. I jumped a little. He just kept walking up the stairs and went directly into his room, ignoring Billy's calls.

"What's with him?" I looked at Billy and just sighed, shaking my head.

I too headed into my room. I quickly took of the shoes and the dress, putting it back in its bag before hanging it up in the closet. I got out some warm pj's since I figured me and Jacob wouldn't be sleeping together tonight. I could feel a bit of the mascara running from a few stray tears and I went into the restroom to wash all the makeup off. I locked the restroom door and turned on the water. The warm water felt nice on my skin since my whole face was numb from how quick Jacob was in his wolf form. I looked in the mirror and I looked like a train wreck. Mascara running down my cheeks, the blush smeared and my face was sticky from the lip gloss. I got rid of it all and just splashed my face with hot water one more time to calm myself. My face was now a little red and I dried it off before heading over to my room.

"Jacob?" I called to him who was sitting on my bed, looking at the ground. He didn't even answer, and I was tempted to read his thoughts. Although, tempted as I was, I didn't.

I went over to my drawer and pulled out a hair scrunchy and tied up my hair in a ponytail. I just stood there, staring at him, but no matter what movement I did he didn't even turn to acknowledge me. I just sighed out loud and went to the door. I guess I'd just sleep on the coach if he felt so awkward sleeping with a Cullen. I didn't even make it to the doorknob when he called out to me.

"Wait." I turned slowly and just looked at him, his head still bent. "Did I really....where you really afraid of your...." he had a difficulty saying it. "Brother? Or was it me?" That shocked me. I walked over to him and stood next to him near the edge of the bed as I slowly inched to sit on the other end of him.

"What do you mean? It's not-I'm not afraid of you...if that's what you're asking. You know I don't care that you're a werewolf." I told him, looking at him and hoping he'd look me in my eyes.

"That's not what I mean. I mean.... when you didn't talk to me about being...." he groaned. "About being the leech's sister?" I didn't understand his questions. It was like he himself wasn't sure how to phrase it. "Ugh! What I mean is...were you afraid of him because you were afraid of what I might have done?" I looked away and I saw his head droop.

"Yeah....I ...I don't know, but the way you looked when you found out...well it just discouraged me further, ok? I was scared I would lose you." he looked at me and scooted next to me, and I brought my head towards his chest.

"I'm sorry. Ok? It was just that...the thought of one...of any of those leeches losing control near you...I just can't." he sighed. I looked at him.

"So much for meeting my parents huh?" he laughed.

"You're just like Bella you know?" he laughed and I stiffened. It just brought back a few words Edward had once said. Jacob was not into me because I was like Bella. I was nothing like her. I was me, and she was her, end of story.

'He doesn't mean it like that, Bella is just a friend now and you're his imprint. Relax.' I tried to ease my own mind.

"She kind of has a thing for weird. Except I think you beat her." I got it now and I chuckled somewhat.

"Wait? How do I beat her, huh? She's dating a vampire; I'm dating a werewolf?" I told him, somewhat smug.

"Haha. Yeah, you got the better deal on the dating, but she's best friends with a werewolf. Your... you're family with a bunch of leeches." I sighed.

"Jacob......since you know they're my family now...do you think you can lighten up with the...., the nicknames?" I pulled from him just slightly and he sighed.

"Ok...I'll....I'll try." I smiled and pecked his cheek. I bounced up, feeling like the world had been lifted off of my shoulders. I have no idea how Atlas did it, but I could not manage such a burden when I had been so close to crumbling under the weight of my lies. Although I wasn't completely free of them, it still felt enough. It gave me some peace of mind knowing that Jacob knew who I was and even greater peace knowing my family had done what they had. Especially Edward. He could have easily just told them the truth whether out of spite or whatever, but he could have. Yet, he didn't and for that I was thankful for. "Where you off to?" Jacob asked grinning at me.

"Let's do something!" I suggested. I was just so hyped up and energetic. Jacob laughed at my hyperactive self.

"It's..." he looked at the clock on my nightstand. "2:40!" I shrugged my shoulders. "AM!" I just grinned and then made a puppy face, sticking out my bottom lip and letting my eyes glaze over. "We can't!" he laughed, but we no longer heard the tv, which meat Billy was asleep already. "I can't." he whispered when we heard Billy groan. "I have to go to practice with the lee..." I looked at him, hands on hips, "Cullens. I can't. Sam had sent me a message before I came up here. I have to leave at 3:30" I pouted.

"Who cares! Just...we'll meet them later on! We can go around and go for a run! Or maybe we could go for a swim at the creek or..." I was filled with so much energy I felt like I needed to release it somehow. Jacob just chucked and interrupted my rambling by placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Haha! Take it easy." the both of us were smiling at each other and I breathed in to calm down, hoping that would work. It did, somewhat at least. "Ok. What do you mean you're coming with me? You're not." I grinned and pretended to think about it.

"No...I'm pretty sure I am going." He just shook his head, still smiling, but it was forced.

"No...you're not and you know why?" he leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Because I said so." I shivered and I saw him smirk. Ok, two can play it that way.

"Oh, yeah?" I got closer to him and pushed slightly harder than any human would. Well, what can I say, Jacob's not human so this called for inhuman strength. Jacob fell onto the bed and I crawled on him. My legs on both side of him as I straddled his waist. I just placed my head on his chest, right under his head, looking up at him. "Please Jacob? I really want to go. It would mean a lot to me if I could go. Please?" the whole time I could hear and feel his thudding heart pounding against his chest and the occasional shudder erupting throughout his body. He was just staring at me, mouth agape and I could see some sweat collecting on his brow.

"I...I..." I ran my fingertips over his chest, bringing it up even slower and letting it travel up his neck. And I cupped his face. I leaned up, his eyes following me the whole time, I kissed his lips just slightly. It was more of a long-lasting peck than a kiss considering our lips were just barely connected to one another. "Fi-fine." I smiled and got up.

"Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I shouted, not monitoring the volume of my voice. Jacob shushed me though and we heard Billy call to us to keep it down. We both chuckled and Jacob just laughed shakily.

"Wow. You're really going to be the end of me one of these days. Either heart attack or...or something, but damn." I grinned and he got up, only to pull me back on him. He turned the tables, now teasing me. His lips just stayed a few centimeters away from my lips, hovering. I groaned and just brought my face towards his, letting our lips mold together. Jacob didn't protest though. Instead, he just intensified the kiss, forcing his tongue through my lips. We made out for a while and I could tell Jacob was getting enticed by this. He probably thought I was going to let him do more today, by the way I instigated this.

I decided to just roll with it and see just how things could turn out. I don't think I'd stop him if he wanted to, though. He groaned and hoisted us higher on the bed, him still on top and my head closer to the headboard. Jacob let his lips travel to my neck and let his lips travel across the exposed skin there. I inhaled a sharp intake of breath and let it out shakily as his lips passed by a sensitive spot on my neck. I felt Jacob smiling against my neck, not smirk. Smile. He continued to kiss the tender flesh there and I massaged his scalp. I let out a moan when I felt his teeth slightly pierce my skin. He sucked at the abused skin lightly and the whole time my moans traveled up and out my throat. I looked at him as he brought his head to look into my eyes. Smiling the whole time.

"My girl." I heard him whisper, as his fingers brushed by the skin he had just marked. He brought his lips back down on mine and after a bit, I let my own lips travel to his neck, repeating to him what he had done to me. Jacob moaned too and that, just to be honest, turned me on. I licked the bruise a few times and then looked him in the eyes before pecking his lips.

"My Wolfboy." I told him, messing with him. We made out for a few more minutes after that. I had let my hands travel across his chest, abs, biceps, everything I could. Jacob's hands had just barley reached the bottom of my shirt, his fingers twiddling with the material for a while before letting his whole hand disappear beneath my shirt. I felt him caress my stomach, still being a gentleman and not letting his hands go any farther. He pulled back though and I bit my lip feeling myself cracking my knuckles, a nervous habit of mine. Both of our breathing was off and we were trying desperately to breathe without needing to gasp in order to do so. Jacob looked at me and then inspected himself before groaning. I knew what was the matter, I could feel what the matter was. He looked at my face, blushing, and then got up, clearing his throat.

"I have to get going over to Sam's now." I looked at the clock, it was still 3:05. We had been making out for a good twenty-five minutes. Wow.

"You have time." he just blushed and I pulled him down, crashing my lips on his. I heard him groan before pulling away.

"I can't." he rolled his eyes.

"Why not?" I asked, slightly hurt.

"The guys will definitely see this." he groaned again. Oh, right. They can hear his thoughts. I just blushed, already hearing the boy's snappy come backs to our little session here. I sat for a second trying to figure out what comebacks I could use for any remark they'd give me. I got up and he slid off of me and stood up, allowing me to get up as well.

"Um...we can go for a run." He looked at me funny. "What?" I asked, wondering why he was looking at me like I lost it. Way to kill the mood.

"I don't want you coming, though." he whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Do we need a repeat of like what....thirty minutes ago?" he just blushed.

"No...um," he cleared his throat and continued, "Fine. Whatever. I should get going anyways...." I tugged at his arm, pulling him to the window instead of the door. "What? What are you doing?" he asked as I opened the window. "You know we have a front door, right?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, but I've never really snuck out of a house before." I said smiling, and ecstatic.

"Yea, but we don't need to." he said in one of those 'ugh duh', tones. I, again, rolled my eyes.

"Just come on." I swung my leg over the edge of the window and Jacob pulled me back quickly.

"Are you crazy?! We're on the second floor! You could get hurt! Stop acting stupid, come on." he tugged at my arm, trying to drag me over to the door. I smiled and kissed his cheek before diving through the window.

*Jacob's POV*

Everything was in slow motion, the way Violet smiled at me, showing her perfect pearly white teeth, her gently lips brushing my cheek, and then her flinging her small frail body through the window frame. My eyes just bulged out of my head. She had gone head first, nose diving toward the ground. I finally managed to react though and looked out the window. I hadn't heard a thump, letting me know that something had smacked into the gravel. Instead, there stood Violet, in perfect condition, smiling and waiting for me.

"Come on!" she called to me. My eyes were still probably bulging out of their sockets at the moment. How the hell had she done that?! She should be in a coma at the moment! Not that I wasn't glad that she was ok and in one piece, but still! Damn. With all the surprises this girl had in store for me I had a feeling that I'd never get bored. I have a theory though. I think I know what she is. The stupid Cullens are just too dense to come up with it. I think she's some sort of werewolf like us. Either that or she's mixed with some kind of shifter. Humph, and having her with all those leeches doesn't suit her.

"How the...Never mind. Move over." she took a few steps to the left and I rolled my eyes at her. I tried to impress her by trying to do a flip in the air before landing, but she just looked at me like she didn't care. Oh right, she lived with vampires. Stupid glory hogging vampires, no wonder she was so ok with weird. "Ok. How did you do that?" I asked as we began to walk into the woods. I held her tiny hand in my massive callused one.

"My brothers told you I had strange characteristics. I can do a lot of things you don't know about," she said, looking straight in front of her. I heard her mumble something about not being able to see too well. I held her closer to me, I guess I'd just have to guide her. I tried to find the guy's sent, but instead got a nose full of leech. Worse part is that it was somewhat coming from Vie. I think some of those leeches' scent must have gotten on her. I frowned.

"Come on. I know which way now. Let's go." She tugged at my arm.

"Huh? Wait up." How could she walk so fast. I caught up to her in no time and I could see the moonlight casting off her brilliant smile.

"Want to race?" she asked bubbly. I smirked and rose my left eyebrow.

"You're kidding, right?" ok, so maybe I was being cocky, but this would be an easy victory.

"No. For reals. Come on!" again she tugged at my arm, ok that time I heard something pop. Did she get stronger? "If you win...hm...I'll do whatever you want...and if I win.... I get to use the rabbit the whole next week whenever I want. Deal?" I thought about it and my smirk only grew.

"Anything?" I asked her again, she rolled her eyes but nodded nonetheless. This would be an easy win. "Ok." she smiled and came to stand next to me.

"Ok. Ready?" I didn't say anything and was probably a little too relaxed.

"Set....go!" before I even could consider thinking about giving her a head start, she was already a blur in front of me. My eyes bulged for what seemed like the millionth time that day before I took off at full speed. I ran as fast as my enhanced speed could take me and even then, it was still hard to catch up to her.

She was giggling and her melodic laugh traveled throughout the forest. I could see the creek and figured that I'd beat her there. She'd have to wait for me to get her across, right? Wrong! Instead, I saw her look back to me and then increase her speed. Right before she got close enough to the edge, she just soared through the air and clumsily landed on the ground. She just somewhat slipped, but then immediately continued to run at the same speed from before. I was stunned to say the least, mouth agape, trying to catch up. I jumped it too though, with the aid of the nearby trees. She stopped, grinning at me.

"I win! I win!" she cheered. I'd never seen her this happy, or excited. I couldn't help the genuine smile that spread over my face as I watched her. I guess she could handle herself if it came down to out running any danger, but I'd be there to make sure no bloody leech would ever harm her. When she was in mid jump, I caught her and pinned her to a tree.

"No fair, I'm pretty sure you hustled me there." I told her, letting my warm breath dance across her skin. She didn't falter or flush like I thought she would though. Instead, she grinned. Next thing I knew I was pinned under her. "How the-what just happened?" I asked her, stunned. She let her face inch closer to mine, and I saw her lean up to try and reach my face. She was too short to though. This was a really funny picture though, a man my size trapped under a girl as small as Violet.

"This is where you get to see my...special...qualities." she grinned. Ok, I was turned on beyond belief, I'm not going to lie. I had never seen this side of her that was so confident, well maybe that time where we kept getting interrupted, but that was beside the point. I saw her smirk and then run off in some random direction, or so I thought. I could now hear wolves. It was Sam, he was calling us. It was time for the "practice sessions".

I guess we'd go see them, maybe one of them would accidentally go too far. Here's hoping. "Come on!" I turned to my right just to see Violet motioning with her small hands to go towards her. She ran off, but this time I followed her, prepared to keep up. It was much harder to do so in human form though. I saw Violet's still figure and noticed that she was just staring ahead of her. I stopped and placed my hand on her shoulder as she just gazed at my fellow pack members. All of us were here, except Collin and Brady, which reminds me that she still doesn't know them.

"Cool, huh?" her mouth was slightly open as she stared at all the wolves around her. Without the two youngest of the pack here, there were about eight of us. I smiled and kissed her cheek after seeing her shake her head, agreeing with me. "I have to go change, too." I whispered, lightly in her ear. She just nodded, still letting her eyes scan the wolves. Wolves 10, leeches 2. Heh, don't know why that count in particular just seemed like enough of a winning streak for now.

I went behind a tree to shed my clothing, after tying my clothes to the cord, I changed into my wolf form. I stepped behind Violet, as quiet as possible, she was too mesmerized by the wolves still to notice me. I let my breath hit the back of her neck and she spun around. I laughed, which sounded more like a strange choking sound, but still. She pouted, but then ran her fingers over my scruff. I felt her soft finger tips run over my muzzle and let her skin caress my fur. I leaned my head into the motions she took.

'Now. If Jacob is through....' I had heard someone clear their throat in their heads, but knew it was Sam after he spoke up. I didn't pay attention to him as he and the other talked about us behaving and keeping our temper in check. Although I'm almost positive that one was directed to Paul in particular. I still felt Vie running her hands up and down my neck. She had never seen us all like this. Only me. Sure, there was the time I just let her ride me, but I was kind of being pig headed, which was Paul's thing.

'I heard that.' Paul's growl made me laugh inside my head and snapped Violet out of her trans after shaking my head.

'Ok, let's go.' I looked at Violet and leaned down on my stomach. She got the hint and got on. She rested her body against my back, almost hugging me to her. I was still and didn't get up, I could feel her inhaling and exhaling. I could feel the outline of her body, other thoughts flashed into my head and I tried to stop them...too late.

'Haha! Hey Jake, try posting up warning signs around the house then.' I growled at Quil. He could recall the damn memory I was trying to keep to myself. The others joined in on the game, laughing and making fun of me, too. I just growled and the still kept it out. I must have actually growled out loud because Violet shifted to look down at me.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" I shook my head no, and then got up. Sam told the guys to quiet down and they did. We began to trudge through the forest. Then Sam began to run, as did we; then we all began to sprint to our destination. Violet would just laugh quietly, to herself, and nuzzle her face in my ruff. I let out what could have counted as a purr. It was actually kind of embarrassing to have the guys hear. It was just that the emotion behind the action, and the action itself just seemed to have called for it.

*Violet's POV*

All these wolves. How can....so many of them.... this is....wow. I couldn't seem to let my mind grasp the fact that their population had grown into such numbers. I could only remember there being like three, or five at max last time I had seen a wolf pack remotely close to this size. It was unbelievable. I could just nod at whatever Jacob had asked, I was too interested in the wolves. They came in...so many colors. They're all.... beautiful. They are so breathtakingly beautiful. Stunning, graceful, the whole package. I could have sworn I had been taken about two generations into the past. This reminded me of the last confrontation with the wolves, and now....Now we were all here to help one another.

There was a large black one, slightly in front of the others. He reeked of power, Sam I presumed. Then there was a grey one, almost silver. He was second in build, not counting Jacob, he was Paul. Then there was a dark brown one, Jared...I could only guess since I couldn't pick up a particular emotion off of him or thought. I would only use my mind reading if needed, I vowed. Then there was a sandy colored one, he radiated optimism and happiness. Seth, no doubt. Unlike her brother, Leah radiated anger, frustration, negative thoughts in general. Which meant that the smallest of the wolves, the grey one, was Leah. Then there was another grey one with spots of other colors on top of its ruff, I read its thoughts and found that it was Embry. Which meant that the last one, the chocolate colored one, was Quil.

I turned, frightened when I felt hot air blowing at the back of my neck, it was musky and smelled so woodsy and all around amazing. The rest of the wolves smelled a little..... Well, their scent is a little.... ok it's hard to describe it nicely! It's musky alright...too musky, it burned at my nose if I focused on it too much. The scent behind me though, it was heavenly, smelled of pine, peppermint and a warm ocean breeze. The musky earthy scent was there, but it wasn't so much of a of a wet dog smell. I could only stare at the big-eyed Russet wolf in front of me.

Jacob was large, alright, I found that out when I had to take a ride on his back. Yet, just now had I taken in everything about him. His fur was slightly longer than the others, shaggier even, his eyes were slightly bigger, warmer if you would. His scent was simply...indescribable, in a good way though! I let my fingers dance through his fur, my fingers slipping through the silky hairs. His fur was so soft, it had me mesmerized as I let my hands slip through the reddish fur. I was so focused, or unfocused, that I paid no attention to anyone's thoughts, not even my own.

I felt Jacob growl, no laugh, or at least try to. His whole enormous frame shook from the force and I took a step back just out of instinct. I wasn't one hundred percent sure, or informed, about wolf behavior. So, yeah. Better safe than sorry. Although I knew he'd never hurt me purposely, I knew the consequences and they wouldn't only hurt me, but him too. I could almost see the flash of Emily's scars and Sam's guilty face. As Jacob shook his head, I did too, bringing me back down to earth. I wonder how on Earth I had not noticed Jacob's beauty; I was almost jealous of him. Ok, I am jealous of his species, but I meant him, his whole being in general.

Jacob took off, and much like last time, I felt the wind sweeping at my hair. I kept my head down, still leaning against him, and would giggle at the feeling of the wind tickling the back of my neck. I was also trying to get familiar with Jacob's wondrous scent, as embarrassed as I was to admit it, it was almost mouthwatering. I bit back the compulsion to change into my vampire form to really get a whiff of the euphorically, delectable scent. I had to stop, I think I had been in that form for much too long, that and I hadn't hunted in a while.

I would need to feed soon if I wanted my powers and abilities to be at their peak; the newborns already had an advantage because they drank human blood. I knew we would be fine though, at least that's what I clouded my thoughts with. My grip on Jacob's fur tightened around my knuckles and I took in a deep breath to relax my nerves, then let the human in me overwhelm the vampire side. My senses were no longer haywire, maybe I just needed that. I don't know. Like Edward had said, there's still a lot left unknown with my kind, my type of hybrid.

Jacob stopped and I had difficulty seeing what was right in front of me. No literally, I couldn't even see my hand in front of me. I looked at the sky and all I could see were thick clouds covering and shrouding the full moon that was supposed to be illuminating the clearing, I only presumed we were in. Although, almost as if to shut me up, the wind picked up and carried away the clouds. I could see better now, slightly. It was still a bit hard to see, but as long as I could see the faces and the shape of their bodies it was all good.

Besides, the wolves' eyes glistened from the moon's beams of light. I could see Alice and Jasper, who were up front now. Then Edward left someone's side, Bella I think, and Carlisle walked towards Sam. The three of them were just a little bit away from us and Jacob leaned down for me to get off. I did. He began to walk towards Sam, but when I tried to follow, he pushed me back to my spot and whimpered. I guess he wanted me to wait there. He motioned to someone behind me with his head and Embry came to stand by my left.

Jacob walked off, but turned back around to face me. Suddenly I felt a long, rough, and wet tongue brush across the surface of my face. I pulled back, giggling and laughing while I tried to wipe the slobber off my face. He jogged up over to stand next to Sam. I couldn't exactly read people's facial expressions, but I had heard a hiss and it wasn't coming from Sam and it couldn't have been Jacob. That only left Carlisle and Edward and let's face it, Carlisle is not the type to act as childish and barbaric as to hiss at anyone, even if the moment calls for it.

The four of them just stood there, staring each other down. They were making sure they were all comfortable with each other's presence. I heard Carlisle begin to speak, he was thanking Sam for coming and helping out. I guess Edward was translating for the wolves. I knew it, the wolves weren't comfortable changing into their human forms, but who could blame them? I mean they were going against their natural instincts to help us. Carlisle confirmed what I had been thinking, Jasper would be showing them all how to go about fighting newborns.

Sam and Jacob walked back over here to my right and sat down, I did too. I leaned my body against Jacob to keep warm and let my fingers brush his fur while we both stared at the people upfront. Carlisle was whispering something to Edward, and he just continued to look at me and Jacob before finally walking with Carlisle to the others. Two people stepped in front, demanding the limelight. Jasper and Alice. Alice was just standing there and Jasper was giving off instructions. He then turned and motioned for Emmett to come.

I giggled as he told us how Emmett was the best example of a newborn. He kind of was, he was quick to action when he should be thinking things through, almost like a newborn. All eyes were on me, except Bella since her ears were the only one who weren't highly trained to pick up small, if any, sounds. Emmett winked at me, most likely figuring he would win. I felt Jacob's growl growing within him, which only caused my brother to smirk at Jacob. Emmett fought very well, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it had more to do with strategy than brute strength. So, with that said, Jasper won. As expected, Emmett complained and demanded another round, he was never good at accepting the fact that he lost.

"Sore loser." I giggled out and I hadn't notice I had. I meant it as a little sister picking on her beloved big brother type of thing, not to be mean. The wolves laughed and so did my siblings and parents.

"Oh yea? I'd like to see you come up here then." Emmett smirked and I sulked, shrinking into Jacob. Jacob must have thought that I was scared because he growled really loudly at him. I patted his head and he stopped before he was about to get up to bare his teeth; I could see his snarling lip go back to place. Edward walked up to Jasper, he was going to go next, but Jasper stopped him.

"In a second, I want to show Bella something." I saw Jasper motion to Bella. Was he going to fight her?! I tensed, and so had Jacob. We both thought the same, I suppose. Bella was confused too, almost hesitant. Yet, instead of Bella, he was calling Alice who stood behind her. "You're worried over Alice, huh?"

"Don't worry Bella, I'm almost as good as our little miss Mystique, over there." she smiled at Bella and I and I blushed, burring my body deeper within Jacob's fur, wishing I could disappear. Jacob turned his head to look at me and I could feel multiple gazes on me. Alice just closed her eyes while Jasper circled her. To the human eye it looked like Alice was standing perfectly still, but Jasper was always missing, only trapping air. In reality Alice was seeing what would happen before it did, premonitions. I saw her smile after a bit and just trap Jasper. She winked at Bella and then smiled in my direction. Alice went to go stand by Bella again and Edward took her place.

Edward and Jasper had been there for a few minutes, neither one seeming to be getting anywhere. Finally, they agreed that it was a draw. Edward made a come over sign with his head, motioning for me to come. I smiled and took a deep breath, feeling the same fire erupt within my whole being, it burned for a second before I was my whole self again. I just hope I could pull it off for a long time again. I had just barley started to rest, but then again, I had never gone a whole day in that form like I had today, or did it count as yesterday since it was definitely past 4 already. The sun would be coming up any minute and we had to get going before early runners began to go for runs, even if it was highly unlikely that they would pass through this clearing, hikers probably would.

I stood up and dusted myself off, I frowned at my PJ pants. They were awfully loose. Oh well! I got up, only to be pulled back by someone snapping their teeth on my hoodie. I looked at Jacob and he snorted. He didn't want me to go, I read his mind. I patted his head and Sam stood up, and looked at Edward.

'If you hurt her in anyway, I won't be obliged to stop him from harming you.' Sam thought, motioning to Jacob.

"She is perfectly fine. It's not her I'm worried about, it's Jasper." Jasper scoffed, though he knew he was right. Although I had no control over all my abilities, just a few. Which consisted of Edward's mind reading, Alice's foresight, Jasper's mind control, Gen's teleportation and then I had some control over telekinesis. Although I was never sure if you could call it that. Which by the way, I just found out I can use that one after Edward and Jacob almost fought, thank God, too, or else I would have been in big trouble since I was stupid and stood between them.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry. Besides, I think some of them are dying to know what it is exactly I'm capable of." I said motioning to the wolves behind him. He growled at them and whimpered after turning to look at me. "Don't worry." I kissed his muzzle and walked to stand in front of Jasper. "Ok. Go ahead." I closed my eyes, too. I heard growling again, coming from Jacob.

"I think this is a bad idea, Edward. Are you really going to let her get hurt?" It was Bella, and Edward just gingerly hushed her and motioned for her to watch.

'Once again, if she gets injured...' Sam was warning Edward, sounding angry now, but I answered.

"Don't worry, I won't get hurt." I winked at him and I heard all of them wondering how on earth I knew what they were thinking. One Russet colored wolf, had the right assumption though. One guess who that wolf was.

My eyes were still closed, but I saw Jasper thinking he should attack to the left, I went to the right. We did that for about five minutes and then he caught on. He tried blocking his thoughts and just going for it without thinking, like a newborn would. I began to rely on my premonitions and I was doing just as well as Alice. Not even two minutes later I opened my eyes and tried to calm him down enough, but he tried to do the same. I got tired of just playing around, it had officially gotten boring. I saw him coming at me and I swerved the other way before latching myself on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled.

"I win!" I smiled and got off of him before walking to Bella. "Cool, huh?" I felt something soft and furry brush past my leg, Jacob's tail. I smiled and kissed his nose again. "Hm, told you I'd be ok." He just let his tongue loll to the side. I giggled and sat down as Emmett went for another try. I was sat down, Indian style, as Jacob sat to my left, in between Bella and I. Edward stood next to me and occasionally would glance at me and Jacob. I would just rub between Jake's ears while the both of us would watch the little "game" in front of us. Jacob eventually got tired of it and began to nuzzle my neck and lick my cheek. I pushed his muzzle away and cranked my neck out of reach. He wasn't realizing his tongue was bigger than my face. I was laughing when I was pulled up abruptly, and had I not I been semi-immortal, I most likely would have lost an arm from the sheer force.

"Training's Over." Edward's tone was deadly, dripping with anger, poison, venom, hatred, it was all around ravenous. He was gripping onto my hand tightly, and although I wasn't fully human, I still needed the blood to run through my system, which he was preventing at the moment. The others were looking at him and I tugged at my arm, which only hurt me further. I could see his fingers being printed into my skin. I heard Jacob growl and bare his teeth, threatening him by snapping his jaws in his direction.

'Let her go...Now!' Jacob was getting impatient.

"She's coming home with us." Edward hissed back.

"Wha- no! Let go!" I shouted. Jacob looked at me, pained, before returning his glare and snarls to Edward.

"No. You and him can see each other, but under my watch." he hissed out. Edward looked at me, and I saw the anger in his eyes.

'If you don't settle down so help me, I will tell him the truth. All of it,' Edward thought to me, and I shrunk down, feeling scared and helpless again.

"Edward?" Bella called to him and he turned to look at her, his gaze softened and he looked down.

"I'm sorry Bella, but I can't let him have her in that way." he whispered, and Bella had barely caught it.

"In what way?! What are you talking about? Edward, you're hurting me! Ow!" his grip only continued to tighten. Jasper calmed him before making him release his grip on my arm. I pulled back taking a few steps away and soothing the reddening skin. Jacob saw the marks and growled now getting ready to charge. I stopped him by standing in front of him. "Sh. I'm ok. It's just a bruise."

"In what way, Edward? Son?" spoke up Carlisle. Esme stood to my left and I had just notice that the other wolves were all behind me and Jacob, ready, just in case violence was needed. Obviously the two species could not completely coexist. Esme stopped me from rubbing the bruised flesh and then she gasped. "Esme?" called Carlisle.

'He marked her?' she thought, stunned.

"That's right, Esme. I'm not taking any chances with them alone. They are to be under my supervision." hissed out Edward again.

"Edward, it's just a stupid mark! Big deal!" I shouted, getting ready to throw a fit of my own. I threw my hands behind me and I heard a loud crash and thud. All of us turned to look to the right. It had come deep within the trees. I saw something blur away and out of sight. Everyone was quiet. The indent in the trees was strange, four trees were toppled over one another and it hadn't been like that just recently. What was going on? Everyone was quiet, although their heads all buzzed with unanswered questions.

"We'll go see what it was." Emmett and Rosalie all left towards the debris. Edward, however, was more concerned over the stupid fact that his younger sister had a hickey!

"It's not just that!" shouted Edward, having read my mind. "It's the principle! Have some dignity left in you, no?" I growled at that, literally growled. "First, it's just that, and then what? If the Volturi find out about this, you know what could happen! If a child was to be born of a mix breed who knows what could happen!" I looked down.

'You mean like another me, huh?' I thought to him. I wasn't going to lie; I was probably trying to make him feel bad because that wasn't what angered me. With Jacob, Sam was questioning what they were talking about and so he showed him our little... episode after a command came from his alpha.

"It's my life." I whispered and I heard multiple gasps, from my family. Bella placed her hand on my back.

"You're coming home, and that's it." Edward had obviously meant that as the end of the conversation too. 'If you keep this up, I won't go along with this charade, Violette Elizabeth Mason.' He pushed me on forward and this time Jacob jumped in front of Edward.

"No! Jake, stop... It's ok. I know what I'm doing. Don't worry. I'll still see you; we'll always be together." Jacob's eyes were filled with pain, and Edward just scoffed, making Jake's anger boil and simmer away the grief. Jacob growled at Edward, blaming him for my departure. "It's ok. Jake. Look at me." he did and I held his head in my arms. "I'll see you first thing at 3. Ok?" he whimpered. "I love you." I kissed him and got up, Jacob tried to walk over to me, but Sam pulled him back, stopping him. Sam looked at me and nodded at me, I mouthed out a 'thank you'.

This wasn't a goodbye, just a see you later. It was just that it hurt just being this far away from him even for a second. Edward tried to guide me with his hand, but I just shrugged it off my shoulder and glared. Bella looked at him and shook her head before walking over to me. She held me and I rested my head on her shoulder and continued to walk. I took one last glance at Jacob and he was staring, too. I blocked my mind from Edward. I winked at Jake and slowly lipped the words 'sneak out', to him. He grinned and ran off to catch up to the others.

*Theodore's POV*

I watched as they all "played". It made me sick to see how those wolves and those so-called vampires got along so well. It was disgusting just to think about. I shook it off and decided to get a closer look, I wanted to hear what they were talking about. Oh, how Aro would love to know about the Olympic Coven's habits, yet he'd have my head if he knew I did this without his approval. Jane and Alec had yet to arrive as well, I was supposed to be on search of someone, although I had already forgotten who it was. I was supposed to get rid of some incompetent vampire who couldn't even keep our secret a secret.

Suddenly Edward began to shout at Violette, which I wasn't sure if it angered or delighted me. Yet, I found my answer when I found out the reason for the outburst. That filthy mutt had marked her. She wasn't his! She was mine! My mate! I wanted to just walk straight over there and rip that mongrel's head off! She said they hadn't done anything and I got worried when her brother mentioned a pregnancy. That was impossible! She was a vampire, he knew that wasn't something we needed to worry about, unless....ah! The wolf did not know of her species. He most likely thought she was human. Either that or this was her ability as well. I knew that her gift was human qualities so maybe child birth came with the package. Never!

I threw my arms down in anger, agitation and frustration. Almost at the same exact time two trees went tumbling down, I knew that was my fault, but then another two collapsed. Now you could see my figure from far away. I saw Violette look almost directly at me and I ran. I could not take the risk. I ran for a cliff though, after I heard the steps of two others. Rosalie and Emmett. I jumped off the cliff and dove into the water to avoid being spotted. This wasn't over yet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6.7K 27
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air all around him. She had be...
811K 21.7K 112
ᴬ ᶜᵒᵛᵉⁿ ᵒᶠ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵛᵉᵍᵉᵗᵃʳⁱᵃⁿ ᵛᵃᵐᵖⁱʳᵉˢ ᶜᵒˡˡⁱᵈᵉˢ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜˡᵘᵐˢʸ, ˢᵗᵘᵇᵇᵒʳⁿ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ⁻ᵖʳᵒⁿᵉ ʰᵘᵐᵃⁿ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍᵒ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ? ᴼⁿˡʸ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ...
286K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
No Angels By Tori

Fanfiction

234K 9.2K 20
Heather Coleman is used to seeing and talking to spirits; after all, she has been doing it since she was a toddler. But it's definitely a surprise wh...