Happy ever after? (A Sequal...

By MJsGirl1987

Sequel to Love hurts? After a traumatic past and becoming parents at such a young age. Michael (Now 20) and O... More

New start
Past tension
Trying
Lunch
Unsure
Changes
Trust
Worry
Don't tell
Unwanted Visitor
Misunderstanding
Bad medicine
Leaving
Responsability
Bad day
Honesty
Motivation
Bad terms
Changes
Hopeful
Jealously
Happy birthday
Scammed
Sorry
Conflicted
Moving on
Left out
Old faces
For the best
Labour
New addition
Changed
first day
Unwelcome
Insecure
Boy's night out
Awkward
Two sides
Apologies
Change of plan
Party
Morning after
Delayed
I told you so
Giving up
We need to talk
Lies
More lies
My fault
First day back
Flash backs
Bullying
Too much
Why?
Searching for answers
It was me
Decisions
Worried
Time to say goodbye
Can't say goodbye
Comparing
Not ready
No pressure
Taking sides
Trust me
Wedding day
Visitor
For the best
Change of heart
Understanding
Broken promise
Confused
Gone
Precious Jewels
Family time
Overwhelmed
First meeting
Late
Accident
I'm sorry
Doubt
Blame
Guilt
New life
Breaking
New leads
A brothers Love
Searching
Janet's story
Pushed aside
Tell them
Can't
Miss you
2nd chance
Feeling guilty
False hope
True feelings
Decisions
Talk
Switch Pt.1
Switch pt.2
Moving foward
Better off
Confused
True feelings
Missing
Miss Jackson
Trick or treat?
Just talk
I Love You
Family
The truth
Insecurities
Help
Family
Happy
Changes
Daddy's Girls
Girl talk
Going away
Making plans
The truth
Choices
Accident
The whole truth
Flying the nest
Sweet 16
All grown up
DJ's POV

Interfering

108 5 10
By MJsGirl1987

Kathrine's POV

"I just don't see why Rebbie has to come. This is nothing to do with her" Joesph complains as I'm finishing making breakfast. "Because she wants to be there for Janet and Janet wants her there. Anyway, if the social worker sees us all there together then she'll see what a close and supporting family we are"

"She just wants to interfere with things that have nothing to do with her"

"Don't you think it's time the two of you talked and tried to make amends? Or atleast work out your differences? She's your daughter and you've worked things out with the rest of our kids"

"You don't think I've tried? She doesn't wanna make amends and I'm sick of trying and I'm sick of her always getting involed in things that have nothing to do with her"

"Janet's her little sister. Of course it has something to do with her"

"When it suits her. I didn't see her once when we were having all that trouble with Michael. Not even so much as a phone call. And as for Janet? She's the one that caused all this"

"How is this Rebbie's fault?" I frown confused. "She was the one putting it in Janet's head to give up her kid and then starts getting at Michael for not giving Mikey back and says he should be with Janet. All she's done is cause trouble and If she hadn't gotten involved and started messing with everybody's head and confusing Michael, Ocean and Janet then none of this would have happened" he frowns. "At one point you wanted Janet to adopt Mikey to Ocean and Michael too. Or have you forgotten about that?" I point out. "No, but I didn't start messing with her head about it though did I? She said she wanted to keep the baby and I let her move here to stay with Michael and Ocean. Not because I didn't want her around, but to give her a better chance. She has way more opportunities here than she ever would have back in Idiana" he frowns getting offensive. "But you did it because you thought it was what was best for Jane right? Just like Rebbie thought the what she was doing was best for her"

"Her keeping out of people's buisness is what's best" he mumbles. "I'm gonna go see if Janet's ready yet" I sigh, walking out of the the room.

After their talk last night, Michael called his and Ocean's social worker and set up a meeting for her to come to their home today so we can all talk and find out about how a reverse adoption works and how and when Janet can get back custody of Mikey. I do agree with Joesph when he's says there's no reason for Rebbie to be at this meeting, but the last thing we need today is people arguing, especially infront of the social worker.

I get to Janet's room and I'm about to knock when I hear her talking and I open the door slightly and smile, watching her on the bed, talking to her baby bump.

"How long have you been there?" She smiles and looks over at me "Not long. I just came to tell ypu breakfast is ready" I smile, walking over and sit beside her on the bed.

"It's getting closer" I smile, looking down at her baby bump and she nods and smiles. "It's started moving alot more. It's feels like it's always on the move" she chuckles slightly, making me do the same.

"That's a good sign. He or she must be just as excited as we are" I smile and she nods and sighs slightly. "Your are happy aren't you?" I ask, confused and she nods. "I am.. but... I'm just scared that I'm not gonna be what he or she wants. What if I mess up again or..."

"Your gonna be a great mother" I smile, cutting her off. "I wasn't to Mikey" she mumbles. "You made mistakes. All parent's make mistakes, but that doesn't mean you'll be a bad parent. Look at Michael and Ocean. Lord knows how many times they messed up and their ok" I point out and she doesn't say anything for a moment.

"Do you really think I'll get Mikey back? I know Michael and Ocean said they would give him back, But they don't get the final say though. What if the social worker thinks I'm not good enough and says no or..."

"Then we'll come to that bridge if we come to it" I cut her off. "This isn't the same as what happened with Duncan. Michael and Ocean are on your side and if they trust you'll be able to take care of Mikey, then there's no reason a social worker shouldn't and you won't be alone. You have the whole family to help and support you" I say softly and wrap my arms around her. "Everything's going to be ok. I promise" I say softly and she smiles slightly, but doesn't say anything.

****
Janet's POV

"I don't get though. For weeks you were saying, you were gonna drop the custody case and planned everything out and now after one conversarion with Michael, you've just completely changed all your plans? I told you I should have been there when you spoke to him" Rebbie says as we're driving to Michael and Ocean's house.

"What difference would it have made?" Dad cuts in. "Well she would have been able to think about it and not feel pressured into taking custody of Mikey"

"I don't feel pressured into getting Mikey back" I cut in. "The only reason I was gonna drop the case and said that stuff was because there was no way I was gonna win. Michael and Ocean adopted Mikey and unless they gave him up. Their the ones that have control on what happens to Mikey not me. Well... not yet anyway"

"Control?" She raises an eyebrow "She means, their his legal parents right now. not Janet" Mother cuts in. "Well I still think you should think about this before you go signing anything" Rebbie continues. "You have to remember, you have another baby on the way and trust me, being a single mother is hard with just one child and...."

"And here we go again" my dad says in a sarcastic tone. "What's that supposed to mean?" Rebbie frowns. "It means once again your sticking you nose in where it's not wanted and commenting on things you don't have all the facts about. Todays just a meeting to talk about where to go from here and what's best for Mikey. Their not handing him over today. It could be up to a year before Janet gets full custody of Mikey which gives her plently of time and she'll have all of us helping her"

"For now" she mutters under her breath. "Why don't you both just stop?" I frown. Incase you've forgotten, this has nothing to do with any of you"

"But..."

"Enough" I cut Rebbie off "I swear, if there's one more argument then I'm gonna move back in with Michael and Ocean.... I'll finally get some peice and quiet" I mutter that last part.

"Yeah, sure. 4 little kids running around screaming an trashing the place is really piecful" Rebbie chuckles to herself. "Actually it is" I say with and attitude. "Just because your kid is a little brat doesn't mean everybody elses is" I frown and she doesn't say anything, taken aback by my attitude.

The only reason I agreed to Rebbie coming today was because I stupidly thought she wanted to be here to support me, but now I'm seriously regretting letting her come with us.

****
Michael's POV

"Mikey!" Janet smiles, the second I open the door and takes him from me.

"Ocean took the others to daycare, but she's on her way back" I explain as everybody goes into the living room. "I thought all the kids went to daycare now?" Rebbie asks. "They do, but we assumed Janet would wanna see Mikey, since she hasn't seen him in a month. We'll be taking him after this meeting though because we both have work" I explain and she nods, not saying anything.

"So what are you guys up to the rest of the day?" I ask, making conversation and Janet shrugs. "Not much. My online classes start next week so I have some free time" Janet smiles. "That's great. I didn't know you were taking online classes" I smile back. "Well that's the only way she's gonna get an education. It's not easy being a single mother" Rebbie chips in. "Well Ocean took online classes after Veah was born, so if you need some help I'm sure she won't mind" I turn back to Janet, ignoring Rebbie's comment.

"I'm just gonna use your restroom" Rebbie mutters as she walks out.

"Has something happend?" I ask the others, once I hear the bathroom door close. "Nope, just your sister being the usual bitch" my dad shrugs. "Joesph!" Mother snaps. "Why what happened?" I ask again. "Nothing, it's fine" Janet cuts in. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm" she nods, faking a smile at me. "I'll be right back" I say getting up from the sofa.

"Michael, please don't be arguing with your sister" Mother sighs. "I won't, I promise" I smile and make my way upstairs.

*

"What are you waiting outside the bathroom for? You weirdo" Rebbie frowns, opening the door. "You have to go" I say calmly. "I came here for Janet"

"Well you being here is clearly causing her a problem. What's with the bitchy attitude anyway?" I frown confused. "I just think all this is being a little rushed is all. You guys left for a month then suddenly wanna hand Mikey over willingly and..."

"So?" I cut her off. "Janet's his mom and she wants her kid back. What's the problem?" I shrug "She's 15 and pregnant and your just dropping another kid on her. She hasn't even had time to think this through"

"First off... She's his mother, we're not just dumping him on her and second..   Mikey won't be going back to her straight away. She's got plently of time to prepare for two kids and she's not exactly on her own is she? She has a whole family helping her" I point out and she doesn't say anything. "You need to leave"

"Why?" She frowns confused. "I just told you why. "You being here is clearly causing a problem" I explain again and she doesn't say anything and walks out.

After Rebbie leaves, I notice Janet seems more relaxed and talkative. I wasn't trying to be rude be sending Rebbie away, but today is really important and I don't want her saying something that might mess this meeting up.

I do love Rebbie and I know she does care about Janet, but sometimes she comes off more intimidating and interfering than helpful so it's best if she just go home and speak to Janet later.

*
Once Ocean gets back, we all wait another half hour and the social worker finally turns up so we can discuss what to do with Mikey.

We talk a little more about the situation and the whole time Grace is talking, I keep looking over at Janet and notice she looks confused when we're talking about supervised visited and Transitioning.

"It means that for now it'll be visits with me and Ocean with you then gradually build up to just you taking him out alone and then sleepovers" I explain to Janet. "So he'll still be living here?" She asks. "For now" Ocean cuts in. "But gradually we'll build it up so when he comes to live with you, you'll feel more prepared and it won't be stressfull for you and Mikey"

"I'd also recommend parenting classes. Just to help you prepare more, for both Mikey and the baby that's on the way" Grace adds. "But I already know how to look after a baby" Janet frowns confused.

"It's just to help you learn different types of strategies. Me and Ocean did a parenting course before and it really helped us" I explain "And they give you lots of help and advice if you need it and they'll be lots of people in the same situation as you, so you'll have people to talk to" I cut in "That sounds good" Mother smiles at the idea. "I guess I could do that" Janet mutters, still unsure. "Can my mother come with me?" Janet asks Grace and she nods. "Of course"

*

After an hour or so, Grace leaves and leaves a copy if everything we talked about.

"You ok?" I ask Janet, once Grace has gone and she nods "You sure? You looked a little confused in there"

"It's just alot to take in is all"

"Well if there's anything you don't understand, then just say and we'll talk you through it" I smile.

"We should probably get going" dad smiles, getting up from his seat "You two have work to get to don't you?"

"I can take Mikey for awhile if you want?" Janet asks. "Umm.... You can come over later if you want?" I suggest and she nods, not saying anything, but clearly disappointed with my answer. "I finish early today so I'll pick you up after I finish work"

I feel awful telling Janet no, but after what happened last time we left her alone with Mikey, Ocean and I don't wanna do anything that could risk messing things up. We do trust her and believe her when she says she didn't hurt Mikey, but OceanU I agreed that it's best if we do things by the book this time and only give Janet unsupervised visits when Grace tells us it's ok.

****
Rebbie's POV

"That's it? They just wanted to set up a visiting schedule?" I frown confused. "We talked about other stuff too. How come you left anyway?" Janet asks

"Because Michael kicked me out. Apparently I was a problem" I roll my eyes "I didn't want him starting another argument so I just left. That's why I sent you a message that I'd come over after I pick Austin up from school. So your definitly going ahead with this?" I ask and she nods.

"Why wouldn't she?" Joesph says, walking into the room with a shopping bag. "I just asked is all. It's not easy being a single mother and..."

"Well Janet isn't gonna be alone is she? She has us" he smiles then turns to Janet. "I went down to the store and picked up some colour charts and magazines with some ideas. I need you to pick out which ones you want for the kids rooms" he smiles, handing them to her "I picked up a few things from the baby store on the way home too" he smiles, taking some baby things from one of the bags.

****
Kathrine's POV

I'm in the kitchen, preparing dinner, while Rebbie and Janet are talking in the livingroom and Rebbie walks in and sits at the table. "What's wrong?"

"Joesph's in there going through kids bedroom themes with Janet" she mutters. "What's wrong with that?" I frown confused. "I don't remember him being this suportive when I had Austin" she says with an attitude "So that's what all this is about? Don't you think your a little old to be acting jealous?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm not jealous! I'm just saying. When I had Austin I didn't see anybody running around trying to help me. Yet everybody rushes around Janet for her baby and everybody gets all excited and runs over when Michael and Ocean decide to have yet another baby. Nobody cared that I was a single mom, yet it's perfectly fine and everybody's happy for Janet?"

"First off your a grown woman and you were the one that filed for a divorce. It's not Janet's fault she's going to be a single mother and everybody gets excited when Michael and Ocean have a new baby because their both adults and married" I point out.

"Well I know if I'd came home and I was pregnant at 13 I would have had my ass beat yet it's fine for Janet and Michael's praised when he knocked up Ocean"

"No he wasn't. When we found out about Duncan, your father wanted to murder Michael. He got our neighbours 15 year old daughter pregnant, of course we weren't happy about it"

"You still stood by him though" she shrugs. "Because they were children and Michael married Ocean the first chance he got and he did and still does try to be a good father and husband"

"And I'm not a good mother?" She says defensively. "I never said that. Your the one saying it not me. All I was saying was Michael is married and he makes the effort to make it work"

"It also takes alot of effort to be a single mother and hold down a job and..."

"Jeez! Stop being so damb sorry for your self already" I hear and turn and see Michael standing at the kitchen door.

"What are you doing here?" I frown confused. "Long enough to hear you go on and on about how hard your life is. Your the one than chose to get divorced and your sitting here complaining because you have a job and One child to take care of... Poor Rebbie" he says that last part sarcastically.

"First off, this has nothing to do with you and second. It is hard being a single, working mother"

"I work and take care of four kids and a wife. You don't see me bitching and complaining" he shrugs.

"That's because you have a wife and housemate doing everything for you" she schoffs. "Of course your not gonna be complaining. You have the easiest life ever"

"Everybody struggles. Nobody's life is perfect" mother cuts in. "For him it is" she mutters under her breath.

****
Ocean's POV

"I'll see you tomorrow" I call out to Jenna as I'm leaving work. I get outside and see Michael, standing by his car. "Hey" I smile and peck his lips. "Hey... umm... how was work?"

"Is everything ok?" I ask, confused by his nervousness "Mhm... I um.. I got you a gift" he smiles slightly, handing me a box of chocolate's.

"What have you done?"

"I thought they were your favourite" he shrugs innocently. "There are and you only get them for me when you've done something stupid... So? What happend?"

"It's just a little thing"

"What?" I frown getting annoyed "I went to pick up Janet from my mothers and Rebbie was there and.... don't freak out... but we got into a little argument and um... don't get mad... but... well it was more mothers idea and you know how she is and she just like brainwashes me all the time and Rebbie was going on and on about..."

"Michael?... what... have... you... done?"

"I kinda agreed to switch lives with Rebbie and..."

"WHAT!!??"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 2.8K 63
Michael and Amber are together again and are still expecting a baby. They are beyond excited, and ready to start their new life with their 2 beautifu...
37.9K 1.3K 46
Michael, has been lonely, depressed and sad ever since his wife Angela leaves him. He falls into the trap with drinking alcohol and sleeping with dif...
638 33 14
New lives; New disasters. Can Vonne handle the life of a celebrity? Will the overbearing pressure drive Michael and Vonne apart?
598 78 8
What will happen when a young 12 years old BeyoncΓ© goes to stay with her grandmother for the summer. will she create a unbreakable bond with the pop...