The Luna's Last Choice

由 deehdoe

Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father... 更多

1. The Bluewood wolves
2. What the Wolves think
3. Is this what it feels like?
4. The definition of First Love
5. Her Alpha
6. Monster
7. Her farewell gift
8. May I sit here?
9. Knight in shining Armour
10. Bluewood
11. The Unexpected Welcome
12. The stranger's home
13. The other face of Daniel Wood.
14. The Lake
15. His Luna
16. Burn
17. What happened, you ask?
18. You only ever loved me.
19. Priorities & Questions
20. The Beta's Answers
21. The Elder's Tale
22. Set you free.
23. The mistress's claim.
24. The Perfect Night.
25. Bargains and Deals.
26. The Wood brothers.
27. All her pleasure and her pain.
28. The scent of the forbidden.
29. His claim.
31. Payback
32. Flowers and Time-outs
33. A tale in White Roses
34. Confession of a liar.
35. The beginning of an end.
36. A whole heart.
37. Worthy of the truth.
38. The Alpha's Countdown
39. Half a Victory.
40. Done with the worst?
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

30. Her Weakness

26.7K 1.2K 171
由 deehdoe

Dan:

For a moment, my mate froze in my arms. Fearing her rejection, I tightened my grip on her waist and pulled her closer. A hint of remorse crossed my mind when her swollen belly bumped into me but I shoved the thoughts away. I eased my grip making sure the lower part of her body wasn't touching me anymore.

I'm not wrong. She's mine. I told her I was ready to wait. She shouldn't have paraded that man in my face if she didn't want me to take the fight face-on. I don't know where this is going anymore. I'm no longer in control of the situation, my wolf has had enough. He refuses to be subjected to her tortures any longer.

When the resistance I was expecting didn't come, I took the liberty of threading my fingers through her hair to hold her firmly as I continued kissing her. I felt it in my skin, the moment her control snapped from within. I once again braced myself for rejection. What I wasn't expecting was the wild pounding of my heart when two soft hands fisted the front of my t-shirt and pulled me closer. A groan of pleasure escaped my throat when the soft lips between my own started kissing me back fiercely.

I smiled against her as the acceptance sunk in. Her sharp canine grazed my skin in reaction, drawing blood. I growled, tightening my hold on her scalp, I delved into her mouth. She whimpered but didn't resist instead she let go of my shirt and slowly wrapped her hands around my neck and tiptoed. I supported her weight and pulled her up so I could kiss her without stooping down. When the need for air was too much, I pulled back to inhale a lungful of air. I ran my gaze over her beautiful flushed face.

"Breathe" I whispered against her lips as her eyes looked up at me with a storm of emotions in them "Don't think" I moved a lock of wet hair from her face "Just breathe"

A drop of silent tear escaped her eye. It quickly lost its way in the crowd of raindrops on her face. Her lips quivered but she made no sound as she continued to stare at me.

I smiled without happiness "Is this the part where you slap me?"

And she did.

She pulled one of her hands wrapped around my neck and slapped me hard.

I nodded and ran my thumb over the fresh blood on the corner of my lips "Does this help you breathe better?"

She shook her head as her quivering lips finally opened to speak "You....you are destroying me" she whispered desperately as another teardrop flowed down her warm face.

I cupped the base of her face and pulled her up to me again "I know" I muttered, my gaze fixed on her lips.

F*ck I'm greedy. Having her so close to me is bringing out the beast in me. I want to kiss her again.

"I hate you" she said emotionlessly.

"No you don't" I shook my head "You love me. You have only ever loved me. Everything else that you try to tell yourself is a lie"

She gritted her jaws together. I leaned into her and her body tensed. I smirked. I should have known. I've only considered the fact that she makes me weak. Now that I see her so close, quivering in my arms, I know my mate has a weakness too.......me.

"You are perfect" I said brushing my lips against her gently. She instinctively followed me, leaning towards me. Perfect.

Mine.

Her eyes widened when she realized what she did. She pushed away from me instantly. I didn't hold her back. She was hurting.

Once away from my touch, she looked around her in despair. I wanted to tell her I'll fix it all for her but I would be lying if I said that. The only one who can get her out of this situation is she herself. If she comes to me and tells me that she isn't brave enough to do that then I'll do it for her. I'll kill the human for her so she wouldn't have to face the pain of breaking his heart or lose her child to him.

She turned and started walking away hastily. I watched her come to a stop at the back door of Ethan's house where both Ethan and his mate stood. She pushed past them. Ethan followed her. Sapphire was too shocked to move.

I ran a hand through my wet hair in frustration. There's no way the family didn't already find out. I don't f*cking know what to do now.

I'll have to deal with them before they reach Anna.

Determined, I walked towards the house and stopped in front of Sapphire "The rain shouldn't affect her but still make her drink some warm tea" I told her.

She nodded mutely.

____________

"Am I hallucinating?"

I rolled my eyes at the man's antics "Hello to you too, Ray"

"It's Dan" I heard Ray tell someone "He really is calling me"

"You are so dramatic" I groaned "I called you last week too"

"Yeah!" he said a little too eagerly "I'm getting used to this being a regular thing"

"Dream on, old man"

"In human age, you would be old too" he snickered.

"Thank Goddess, I'm not a human then" I bit back.

"Well in vampire age, I'm not old either" Ray said "Although it's kind of weird. I wear fake wrinkles when I visit my sisters"

I laughed "Good for you. Listen, do you have a couple of days to spare?" I asked.

"For you, of course" he replied "What's up?"

"I kind of have something to discuss with the family" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly not realizing that he couldn't see me "I want you there. Jean's here already"

"Are you alright?" he asked, concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm fine" I assured.

"Anna?" he asked.

"She's fine too" I lied "Just come over okay"

"When should I come?"

"How soon can you come?" I asked

"It's that urgent?" his worried voice agitated me even more "I can make it in three hours"

"Thank you" I said "Don't bother Anna with it okay. I'll call Jean"

"You are scaring me Dan" I heard heavy footsteps and then doors open and close.

He was making his way here as soon as I requested. A guilt rose to my conscience. How do I tell him that I'm planning on breaking his daughter's marriage? Not my fault, I remind myself. Blame fate if you have to. I don't voluntarily make myself the villain in places where I'm innocent. That's my father's thing to do. I've enough legit sins I can take credit for so why go for the fake ones.

I texted Eric and told him that I need to gather my thoughts. I asked him to gather the family at seven. I told him to hold the family, especially Luc, back if they try to approach Anna before that.

____________

I took my wolf on a long run hoping it would let me handle the evening without getting too agitated and ruining it all.

When I walked through the door of the mansion at sharp seven, I had the attention of everyone present in the room. Each member of my family except the children was present. Eric's mate Jane was also absent. Eric probably wanted to keep her safe in case things go out of hand. She was after all a human.

My gaze turned to where my mom and dad were sitting. Dad had his arms wrapped around mom as if holding her back from doing something she shouldn't do. Dad looked at me and nodded in assurance. I couldn't manage to smile in relief that he understands so I simply nodded back.

I looked at Ray and Jean next. Where Ray was confused and concerned, Jean was suspicious and frightened.

I walked up to the crowd and sat at the centre. It felt like an interrogation.

"I....." I cleared my throat and tried again "I've an announcement to make"

"Tell us it's not true Dan. It isn't what we think, is it?" my mother looked at me pleadingly "Please"

I smiled at her; it wasn't anything happy "I found my mate mom. I finally found her"

I watched as the last thread of hope she was hanging by crumble. Dad pulled her into his arms and she started weeping in his shirt.

Grandpa had grandma against his arms too as she shed silent tears.

"I don't understand" Ray spoke when none of my family said anything "Isn't it a happy thing?"

"It's Anna, isn't it?" Jean's quivering voice was not too different from her daughter's cries from the afternoon.

Ray's head snapped to his wife sitting next to him "What nonsense are you sprouting?" He frowned at her "How could you even come up with that ridiculous idea?"

"Answer me Daniel" Jean demanded "Is it my daughter"

"Jean" Ray warned "You remember Dan came to Anna's birthday, don't you?"

"It's her" I nodded not looking at the couple "Reanna's my mate"

A collective gasp escaped the family even though the probably had their doubts almost confirmed this afternoon.

No one spoke for a few painful moments.

"How?" Aunt Emma questioned at last.

"Her growth was apparently slowed because she has vampire blood in her" Ethan answered.

"But she was sixteen" Aunt Emma frowned.

"When did you tell her" Dad asked

"A while ago" I replied.

Ray and Jean had gone silent. I don't think I have the mental strength to look at Ray at this moment.

"What did you both decide?" Dad asked again.

"We...." I began but stopped when Ray stood up abruptly.

"Ray" Jean called after him as he began storming towards the door.

"I need to go to her" he replied curtly "She needs me"

"Ray let him...." Jean sobbed.

"I can't" he shook his head "Excuse me. I need to see my daughter" with that he exited the mansion without a glance backward.

He didn't look at me.

He didn't ask me if I was okay.

"What happens now" Luc's voice made everyone look away from the door.

"She's mine" I said without hesitation.

"You can't force her Dan. Don't try to manipulate her" Luc's voice rose a notch.

I glared at him "She's my mate" I repeated.

"She has a husband and a child" he countered.

"What does she want?" Jean finally spoke silencing Luc.

"She doesn't know what she wants" I replied curtly. I wasn't lying. Anna doesn't know what she wants.

"Have you given her the time to find out what she wants?" Jean's question made me turn to her. What does she know? What is the sly woman playing at?

"Six months" I replied firmly.

"Very well. We will have to wait six months to see the results then" she replied surprising me even more. I thought she would be the one pining for my blood. Did she already know?

"Jean" Uncle Evan warned "Let Ray join us before you decide anything"

"Ray is emotional Evan. You know it. This is a practical situation and I'm in a better mental state to handle this" she told uncle Evan before turning her attention to me "I believe I now know the reason of my daughter's frequent blackouts and pain" I gritted my jaws together but said nothing so she continued "If I see any more of those happening, I'm coming for your blood and don't take this threat lightly, I'm not a wolf"

I nodded.

"Good" she stood up "I hope the six months will help my daughter decide what she truly wants. And when she makes her choice, I'll stand by her. I want no bloodshed" she said before walking out of the mansion.

__________________

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

45.3K 907 14
RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 31ST 2018 *** "You don't have to be afraid anymore to lose yourself to something scary and u...
225K 1.7K 5
Only the first five chapters of Iliana's Choice will remain on Wattpad. Iliana Thomas is MateLess. Only, it's a lie. A terrible lie to hide the pain...
1.5M 78.2K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
1.7K 57 34
Emelina is a thief. Barrett is an Alpha. When Emelina breaks into Deep Haven and steals from the Alpha family, she expected a chase. She loved the ch...