30. Her Weakness

Dan:

For a moment, my mate froze in my arms. Fearing her rejection, I tightened my grip on her waist and pulled her closer. A hint of remorse crossed my mind when her swollen belly bumped into me but I shoved the thoughts away. I eased my grip making sure the lower part of her body wasn't touching me anymore.

I'm not wrong. She's mine. I told her I was ready to wait. She shouldn't have paraded that man in my face if she didn't want me to take the fight face-on. I don't know where this is going anymore. I'm no longer in control of the situation, my wolf has had enough. He refuses to be subjected to her tortures any longer.

When the resistance I was expecting didn't come, I took the liberty of threading my fingers through her hair to hold her firmly as I continued kissing her. I felt it in my skin, the moment her control snapped from within. I once again braced myself for rejection. What I wasn't expecting was the wild pounding of my heart when two soft hands fisted the front of my t-shirt and pulled me closer. A groan of pleasure escaped my throat when the soft lips between my own started kissing me back fiercely.

I smiled against her as the acceptance sunk in. Her sharp canine grazed my skin in reaction, drawing blood. I growled, tightening my hold on her scalp, I delved into her mouth. She whimpered but didn't resist instead she let go of my shirt and slowly wrapped her hands around my neck and tiptoed. I supported her weight and pulled her up so I could kiss her without stooping down. When the need for air was too much, I pulled back to inhale a lungful of air. I ran my gaze over her beautiful flushed face.

"Breathe" I whispered against her lips as her eyes looked up at me with a storm of emotions in them "Don't think" I moved a lock of wet hair from her face "Just breathe"

A drop of silent tear escaped her eye. It quickly lost its way in the crowd of raindrops on her face. Her lips quivered but she made no sound as she continued to stare at me.

I smiled without happiness "Is this the part where you slap me?"

And she did.

She pulled one of her hands wrapped around my neck and slapped me hard.

I nodded and ran my thumb over the fresh blood on the corner of my lips "Does this help you breathe better?"

She shook her head as her quivering lips finally opened to speak "You....you are destroying me" she whispered desperately as another teardrop flowed down her warm face.

I cupped the base of her face and pulled her up to me again "I know" I muttered, my gaze fixed on her lips.

F*ck I'm greedy. Having her so close to me is bringing out the beast in me. I want to kiss her again.

"I hate you" she said emotionlessly.

"No you don't" I shook my head "You love me. You have only ever loved me. Everything else that you try to tell yourself is a lie"

She gritted her jaws together. I leaned into her and her body tensed. I smirked. I should have known. I've only considered the fact that she makes me weak. Now that I see her so close, quivering in my arms, I know my mate has a weakness too.......me.

"You are perfect" I said brushing my lips against her gently. She instinctively followed me, leaning towards me. Perfect.

Mine.

Her eyes widened when she realized what she did. She pushed away from me instantly. I didn't hold her back. She was hurting.

Once away from my touch, she looked around her in despair. I wanted to tell her I'll fix it all for her but I would be lying if I said that. The only one who can get her out of this situation is she herself. If she comes to me and tells me that she isn't brave enough to do that then I'll do it for her. I'll kill the human for her so she wouldn't have to face the pain of breaking his heart or lose her child to him.